Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Had a nice Christmas breakfast, opened presents, and then ate some leftovers for lunch. Among the gifts under the tree for me were.:

• Two-Point Campus. B/c I wanted to venture a little out of my genre comfort zone and loved being in college.
  • 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
  • Live A Live
  • Mario Party Superstars. For the sake of something to play with family.

Also got a National Geographic subscription, which is something that can sate my intellectual side. Lovely photographs, as the organization is known for. I am being led into enlightenment by a foldout of the layout of a 15th century Tibetan Buddhist temple.😋

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

https://noisypixel.net/tales-of-arise-not-intended-tales-of-game/

Interesting. So it's the Genealogy of Tales.

Also correct! And I know you'd prefer if FE4 never had mutated from Holy Sword Elm Kaiser > Sword Emblem > Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu.

2 hours ago, ping said:

A8BXBbW.jpg

Can you guess when Rome declared war on me?

...The graphs are from a mod, right?

And isn't that a benefit of leaving yourself undermanned? Makes someone more likely to pick a fight with you, and I suppose it globally makes it more tolerable if you then take a city or two as recompense for having been attacked.

2 hours ago, Hectorcopter said:

Long story short, I’m currently in the waiting room at a mental hospital (I think). I’ve been waiting for over an hour despite there not being many other people waiting, but the doctor might see me very soon thankfully. Anyways, depending on what happens, I might be away from my phone for a very long time meaning this would be my last message until I return home.

I wish the best outcome for you! (Sorry this is a little late to post.😅)

I've been quietly concealing a rather gloomy low sense of self-esteem IRL ATM despite it being Christmas (which you know, should be the time everyone is blissfully happy), so I might be able to understand whatever you're going through just a little.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Knowing Trails, crossdressing!Joshua feels like it'd be legit another option for Rean.

Random thought of mine. I've never played a single Trails game, but for the veeeeeeeery limited impression I get of Estelle makes me think nothing would look out of place if she had a recolor costume that dyed her hair to Xiaomu's.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Shrimp-kun has certain…needs…

Well posting something to that effect doesnt HAVE to imply something like that. 

Whats wrong with simply liking its design?

33 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:
Spoiler

For the endgame events, I hope you bought the instrument in Crossbell!

You might wanna spoiler tag that before Lightchao sees it because I don’t think he knows you go there in these games.

And I’m still sidequesting, so I haven’t gone there myself, but I’ll probably do that when I figure out what you mean.

Edited by Sooks

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well posting something to that effect doesnt HAVE to imply something like that. 

Whats wrong with simply liking its design?

Nothing. I ain’t saying, I’m just saying.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...The graphs are from a mod, right?

And isn't that a benefit of leaving yourself undermanned? Makes someone more likely to pick a fight with you, and I suppose it globally makes it more tolerable if you then take a city or two as recompense for having been attacked.

Er, probably? I really don't remember what the game looks like without the Enhanced User Interface mod.

It depends, I guess. If Rome had come knocking in the Renaissance already, I probably wouldn't have been able to beat up their entire army with only two melee units, so the war would've been a lot more drawn out. Not dangerous, probably, since I had very good defensive terrain at my Roman borders, but I would've had neither the huge tech lead nor the money to buy multiple defensive units without having to cut spendings elsewhere. And in the modern/atomic era, I don't know how much impact a new city really makes. It's more production, but that's largely spent building up the city itself, and with tech cost scaling with the number of cities, I don't know if it's too much of an advantage on that front.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oh Wraith-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanw ❤️

I have you for that Ü

So your romantic fantasy is to play second fiddle to a body pillow of the emperor? Very specific, I have to say.

Part 2 will come out sometime tonight, hopefully before the clock hits 12 and it's still Christmas day, in my timezone at least.

11 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Truly the most "And they were roommates" duo in FE

DTwkIOD.png

More people need to play this game. If more of the modern FE fanbase played this game the art and oneshots would be flooding.

11 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

If you were playing this on legit hardware:

OH NO

I had to do this in one try because I played these games on a Wii.

This fight was nerve wracking.

Oof, I can imagine.

11 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You killed me with that one. Although I think Fire Emblem euphemism for it is that the same sex couple go on a journey together in their paired ending....

Hah! Fire Emblem really said "And then Sappho and her friend went on vacation together"

11 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ah yes the RNG battle. You can flee from it, but I am not surprised you went for it.

Did you save your sanity with save states or have to repeat the chapter every attempt like on original hardware?

I didn't even register that Ike may have been able to flee from that battle. I probably would've done that.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Plot twist: It was Shinon and Janaff

Truly the most bestest of dude bros.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khnumhotep_and_Niankhkhnum

image-asset.jpeg?format=1500w

Some would consider these 25th century BC mummies buried side by side to be the oldest known gay couple in history. Others would argue them to be brothers. We have no evidence to confirm it either way. Although "overseer of manicurists in the palace" sounds like a stereotypical gay career choice to me.

If I remember correctly, homosexuality can also be found in animals. I believe penguin gay couples are common and often adopt and raise the orphaned chicks. So if anyone tries to tell you that "Gay people aren't natural" just tell 'em that.

21 minutes ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

She's not from TMS so she doesn't fulfill Wraith's interest is all.

Enough with your heretical ways “Saint”_Siegfried!

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I have you for that Ü

You had your shot and you blew it Shrimp-kun.

5 minutes ago, ping said:

So your romantic fantasy is to play second fiddle to a body pillow of the emperor? Very specific, I have to say.

*Please see the above post pertaining to “Saint”_Siegfried*

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

6 minutes ago, ping said:

ZLFNgrq.jpg

A pic of Wraith-chan

4 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

You had your shot and you blew it Shrimp-kun

you would know

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ZLFNgrq.jpg

A pic of Wraith-chan

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

you would know

Don’t play dumb with me Shrimp-kun, you won’t even splurge for a fancy five-star restaurant and you claim that “I would know”?!?

Chocolate with churros is the best way to celebrate... really, anything. But Christmas, in this case.

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Live A Live

Yooo

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I have you for that Ü

...Well. That's certainly a revelation. So what do we call this? Wraithpy? Shrimpaith?

5 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

DTwkIOD.png

More people need to play this game. If more of the modern FE fanbase played this game the art and oneshots would be flooding.

You kiddin' me? These are some of the most popular, well-regarded games in the franchise lol

6 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

If I remember correctly, homosexuality can also be found in animals. I believe penguin gay couples are common and often adopt and raise the orphaned chicks. So if anyone tries to tell you that "Gay people aren't natural" just tell 'em that.

That moment when penguins are more mature about themselves than human beings.

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/02/worlds-oldest-recorded-tortoise-prepares-for-190th-birthday-party

You may find this article amusing, as it kinda touches on that subject.

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

The game certainly needs a rerelease. Both Tellius ones.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You kiddin' me? These are some of the most popular, well-regarded games in the franchise lol

You sure? That said, years ago it was mostly carried by Ike. Tellius are among the poorest games sold, and not really well-known or popular. But yeah, years ago.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

You sure? That said, years ago it was mostly carried by Ike. Tellius are among the poorest games sold, and not really well-known or popular. But yeah, years ago.

They may have sold poorly, but within the fanbase they are super well regarded. I keep seeing folks calling them the best games in the series, and it's always the first answer when it comes to good FE stories.

Keep in mind I was replying to Quetzal talking about fanfics and fanart. The truth is, Tellius doesn't have as much of that not because they're unpopular, but because in those regards everything is overshadowed by Houses and hot waifus.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They may have sold poorly, but within the fanbase they are super well regarded. I keep seeing folks calling them the best games in the series, and it's always the first answer when it comes to good FE stories.

Keep in mind I was replying to Quetzal talking about fanfics and fanart. The truth is, Tellius doesn't have as much of that not because they're unpopular, but because in those regards everything is overshadowed by Houses and hot waifus.

Still, it was a different world 15-10 years ago. But well, not that I remember a whole lot either.

Ike was popular because of Smash, not so much FE. It's different today, but yeah.

Edited by Acacia Sgt