Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So heavy weapons can push enemies back, and if they hit an obstacle they become unarmed for a turn?

If they hit another enemy as well

Kinda would love if you could kill people by pushing them off cliffs. Fighting next to cliffs would be super dangerous, though...

High risk high reward time?

And while you think you are safe being 2 spaces away someone with Smash+ comes and bam dead

Although i doubt that will happen, but it would be cool ngl

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

17 hours ago, Armagon said:

You know that meme? "There was a point where we needed to stop and we have clearly passed it but let's keep going and see what happens"

This. This is what happens. 

Japan can't keep getting away with it.

What's so special about this? Among JAV movies alone, there are probably like a million with that kind of premise.
Corrin and his slaves also come to mind.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"The devotion you put into even the cutest of characters will be repaid with a huge payoff in most cases" that has to be the most horrid way to describe growth units I've seen in my life.

Guess we aren't trying to downplay how messed up the modern games are anymore.

The idea that an Ike acting in-character would ever be buddy-buddy with one of the avatars is honestly so funny. We've seen how he feels towards nobles abusing their power by treating human beings as objects for their amusement. Not a lot of ambiguity there. He would go John Brown on those guys.

35 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

If they hit another enemy as well

Obstacles indeed.

High risk high reward time?

And while you think you are safe being 2 spaces away someone with Smash+ comes and bam dead

Although i doubt that will happen, but it would be cool ngl

Christ's sake, that'd be the "resetting chapter 15 because I once again forgot Kumagera has countermagic" situation all over again...

20 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Guess we aren't trying to downplay how messed up the modern games are anymore.

The idea that an Ike acting in-character would ever be buddy-buddy with one of the avatars is honestly so funny. We've seen how he feels towards nobles abusing their power by treating human beings as objects for their amusement. Not a lot of ambiguity there. He would go John Brown on those guys.

Too bad they exist in strategy games while Ike is in a really slow visual novel

...Well okay, I'll give you Awakening. Awakening I enjoyed out of schadenfreude more than anything else. Which, admittedly, is more than I can say for PoR.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, BrightBow said:

I think you got PoR mixed up with Tear Ring Saga.

TRS at least has some unique ideas to spice up the gameplay. Still an easy game, and I definitely felt that in my latest run, but it's got other little things going on in the gameplay. PoR just has nothing aside from the good text and portraits. Which is all well and good if that's all you care about, but well... not me.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

TRS at least has some unique ideas to spice up the gameplay. Still an easy game, and I definitely felt that in my latest run, but it's got other little things going on in the gameplay. PoR just has nothing aside from the good text and portraits. Which is all well and good if that's all you care about, but well... not me.

But does it have a bridge with pitfalls in random spots? Didn't think so.

Finished A Portable I should've done this weeks ago!. I like the general setup of the final battle, it was thrilling. By the start of turn 9, I had managed to kill all but four grunt enemies and the two big bads, which surprised me. At that point, I went ahead turned infinite SP back on, the Zwei had 260k+ HP, Prevail 9, and HP Regen S. When a full-15 weapon upgrades God Gundam can only deal ~30k damage with a Valor'ed Love Love/Ultimate Tenkyouken, there was simply no way I would have been able to defeat Vindel within the 10-turn limit.

Certain imbalances becoming cheat-demanding later, A Portable wasn't too bad. I had no qualms putting up with the jank during the earlier, snappier maps, the lategame simply pushed those flaws too far to be tolerable or even winnable without massive grinding.

I also see that OG might've split the A Protag ending. Helios got the pounce on the Zwei, 17 got the 'cide, and Red Seaweed got the miraculous survival.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Scenario 23: Fire with Fire

T3 has returned to the Orbit Base. The GGG personnel is surprised to see the Arcadia. In any case, they note the mechs are in need of repairs and stuff, so they let them in. Once aboard, they report that Primevals have been showing up during the time T3 was gone, but they've been destroyed by the King J-Der, with their cores purified by a mysterious boy. Guy asks about Mamoru, and Taiga explains he's been sent to contact the G-Stone Galeon brought. Possibly a relic from the planet Mamoru was originally from. Despite this, they haven't told Mamori yet that particular detail that's he actually an alien. In any case, it's been no joy, which only adds to the poor kid's low morale ever since the Primevals showed up.

Speaking of, elsewhere Mamoru and Watta are catching up on things. The former is still feeling down, so the latter tries to cheer him up by hanging out together while Tryder gets maintenance. Mamoru cheers up a little, but still feels down. Just then, Kaidoh shows up...

Elsewhere, the group notes how it will be quite the job to service the mechs. Just then, Ryoma and Domon tell the younger members to get into the Arcadia. They suddenly got a hunch, but won't say more. And it's not just them, a few others too are sensing incoming bloodlust... and on cue, the Arm Primeval shows up! The group is posed for a fight, but the Primeval says he'll focus on his other mission, and leaves.

Back with Mamoru, J has showed up too. Mamoru recognizes him as one of the Four Machine Kings, Pizza... yeah, that was the name. XD Anyway, J says he's now Soldato-J, revived by the J-Jewel. J then calls him Latio, creation of Cain, but Mamoru has no clue what he's talking about. Kaidoh comments his memories were sealed, as his own once were. Thus, Kaidoh reveals his real name is Arma of the Red Planet, assisting J in sealing the Zonder Crystals. But before more revelations are done, Kaidoh and J sense the Primeval, and comment he might be after the base's nuclear reactor...

The group has gone there, and sure enough, a Zonder Plant is being created there. The Primeval is here and... so are the Invaders! The Primeval has no clue about them, and the Invaders are basically eating up the Zonder Metal. The Getter Team is surprised to see some Invaders still alive, and then who arrives but none other than Professor Saotome! Ryoma detects something wrong with him... and sure enough, he's been possessed by the Invaders. Saotome claims the Invaders eating up the Zonder Metal is for the sake of evolution... but the metal is propagating faster than its being eaten. But then Master Asia shows up and has DG Cells eat up the Zonder Metal too! It's... quite the spectacle this three-way "fight" it has become. Still, the group won't just stay idle, and so will turn this into a four-way fight. J then shows up, eager to finish the battle his people had with the Primevals, who is more than eager to oblige. Guy then activates his Hyper Mode, and together Guy and J deal a big blow on the Arm Primeval. He understands his plan is now a failure and flees. Master Asia and Doctor Saotome have left too. And to top it off, the alarm begins blaring...

Zonders have appeared outside the base, intending to destroy it from outside now. T3 deploys, with the Super AI units, both from GGG and Mightgaine, sporting stat boosts courtesy of the Ultech Engine developed by GGG. Tryder and the Shuttle also got a boost, with the former gaining additional attacks, the Tryder Beam Cannon and Tryder Saber. Sadly, J didn't stick around. Well, gotta do this without his help, then!

Okay, enemies are a bunch of EI-15's. SR Point is for any unit to reach 10 ExC. So gotta feed it kills then. Let's do this!

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Finished A Portable I should've done this weeks ago!. I like the general setup of the final battle, it was thrilling. By the start of turn 9, I had managed to kill all but four grunt enemies and the two big bads, which surprised me. At that point, I went ahead turned infinite SP back on, the Zwei had 260k+ HP, Prevail 9, and HP Regen S. When a full-15 weapon upgrades God Gundam can only deal ~30k damage with a Valor'ed Love Love/Ultimate Tenkyouken, there was simply no way I would have been able to defeat Vindel within the 10-turn limit.

Certain imbalances becoming cheat-demanding later, A Portable wasn't too bad. I had no qualms putting up with the jank during the earlier, snappier maps, the lategame simply pushed those flaws too far to be tolerable or even winnable without massive grinding.

I also see that OG might've split the A Protag ending. Helios got the pounce on the Zwei, 17 got the 'cide, and Red Seaweed got the miraculous survival.

Congrats on finishing! I'd say it's more manageable in GBA since... yeah, being simpler, it's possible to 2-shot the Zweizergain. No kidding. That Love-Love Tenkyokken could potentially shave off over 30K of its 65K HP. Or the Nu Gundam's Fin Funnels too, with Soul. So yeah. The turn limit can certainly be a problem, but at that point I'd say it is manageable. Heck, with some Move-boosting parts, Accelerate, and that Move-Again Seishin that I'm sure the GBA version has, I've seen people finishing the map in one or two turns!

In any case... now you saw. Here it's Shadow Mirror doing the Axis Drop. Since Char, or rather Quattro, isn't going to, heh. Fun fact, the GBA version has unused data of a couple more CCA stuff. Like characters. It's curious how they would've been used. Maybe as more underlings for Haman, perhaps. She got the Alpha Aziels, who in Gundam canon was Quess Paraya's mech, and Quess is in the unused data. So who knows.

That's such an unfortunate choice of screenshot.

What the heck are you doing IntSys.

Just wait until I fight the Infinity in SRW T... every attack goes for the mech's crotch. XD LOL

On the second turn, Invaders show up! Even those aware of them can't recognize their type, to which Ryoma said it's been ten years. These are evolved. Amusingly, Angela is like so done this place is so monster infested, hahaha. In any case, J shows up, intending to fight the Zonders. He's not here quite to assist the party, though. Still, some kinship is reached as some, like Maito, are willing to prove him they don't need the help. Turning it into a show of might between them.

Okay, so, TacP Bonus. J must defeat at least three enemies. This should be easy. Specially since the enemy number is up by the Invaders. Who are just... labeled as Invader. These are starfish shaped. Invaders and Zonders will attack each other at least. But well, I need to get the kills myself to up the ExC. So time to go...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

More like they know exactly what they are doing

The trajectory trail of the arrow looks like c--

Jesus Christ, IntSys

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just wait until I fight the Infinity in SRW T... every attack goes for the mech's crotch. XD LOL

Are they programmed to feel excrutiating pain?

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

MUPtF9N.png

Hah! Okay, I'll give it to 'em, that one did get a smile out of me.

Murderer

...She is alive and this is a nice wholesome scene, right?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

The Wren happened today, though it's been a while since it was like this considering what the least few years have been.

Here's hoping I don't wake up dead after being out all afternoon.

In SF news, some spam account edited a post so they could try and get me to follow their link. What the fuck?

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

IRL, the iron wasn't hot for those who got the first chance to play Radianto Dawn -an almost two-year wait for the Japanese- so why give it a couple months? That's closer to how the original experience was.

Maybe so, but that's what I thought on the matter.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hopefully it's mild!🙂

Same.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lonely Mirror, recently updated with new portraits, maps, characters and such.

Also known as the game with Beard Pegasus Knight.

jFlvCd50_o.png

Best pegasus knight and it's not even a contest.

Another update?

Was this finished before then?

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ok, but what if we Smash someone into an air tile or over a cliff

fall damage? Death? Out of bounds bonus damage ala Mario Xcom?

*Sigh, guess I might as well look at this and the 8 minute trailer.

Spoiler

First with the short trailer, well they hit off walls.

We'll see if that is the limit, because that'd be a shame.

We see multiple character move for the first time and it actually works. But it's also a first timer trailer, so I'll probably blaze through it.

Reclassing looks pretty open ended, so we don't have to get items to change to specific classes, but some classes were restricted for Alcryst and I don't get why. There might be other specific things in the trailer but I am not up for this today.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's such an unfortunate choice of screenshot.

What the heck are you doing IntSys.

Alcryst:

https://www.dayzrp.com/uploads/monthly_2020_06/Blasting.gif.75e734956a5e36cec119c5bf295f8a26.gif

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The trajectory trail of the arrow looks like c--

Jesus Christ, IntSys

I am too tired to try to force a bonk on you.

Upon downing a couple enemies, Tomoro informs J that Kaidoh found "it". On board the Arcadia, Kaidoh and Mamoru found the Arm Primeval on the engine room. The Primeval talks about two of the planets of the Trinary Solar System, G and J, or also called the Green and Red Planets. Wait, not R? Anyway, he mentions how the Green Planet was sublimated, its creatures melded with machines. But only Latio, child of Cain, and his natural-born gift prevented him from becoming a Zonder. At this Mamoru finally realizes he's this Latio. Kaidoh adds the G-Stones, created based on that gift, work as an anti-sublimation procedure. Studying these G-Stones, Abel of the Red Planet created the J-Jewels. Thus based it on Latio, he created Arma. Combined with the J-Ark, it was the ultimate weapon against the Primevals. Still, it wasn't enough, and now the Primeval intends to eliminate both Latio and Arma, the last vestiges that threaten the 31 Machine Primevals.

Naturally, it's too much for Mamoru to digest, being a bit in denial. Kaidoh tells him to fall back, intending to fight the Primeval alone. Though upon the Primeval threatening Kaidoh's adoptive mother, Mamoru finally acts up. Charing up power, both Kaidoh and Mamoru strike a blow at the Primeval, forcing him to flee. Shortly after, Rain and Mikoto arrive, giving Mamoru the G-tone, telling him to help Guy.

Now Machine Primevals show up, gunning for Guy. The Stealth Gao unit got damaged, but fortunately, GGG is ready with the Stealth Gao II! Delivered by Mic Sounders XIII, it allows GGG to become the Star GaoGaiGar! Although, the Ultech Engine doesn't seem to be coming online. But then Mamoru shows up, intending to help out. He has some qualms, but the Super AI's encourage him out. He uses the G-Stone's power and now the engine comes online! Mic also incorporates itself on the unit... I think. Or rather, it's like with the Aestevalises squad. Showing up as support in attack animations. Anyway, Mamoru has also become a Supporter. Not as his own, rather, joins with Mikoto as an "upgrade". Alright, let's go!

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Are they programmed to feel excrutiating pain?

Not that one at least, heh. The Super AI's from GaoGaiGar and Mightgaine might, but they don't get hit in the crotch during animations.

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say it's more manageable in GBA since... yeah, being simpler, it's possible to 2-shot the Zweizergain. No kidding. That Love-Love Tenkyokken could potentially shave off over 30K of its 65K HP. Or the Nu Gundam's Fin Funnels too, with Soul.

I wish it could've been that easy here. Since again, I do think the map has a good idea behind it. They simply didn't need to bump up the Zwei's HP soooooo much. Lemon being basically unhittable without Strike/Bullseye b/c 200 Mobility I was even fine with b/c I could ignore her. The enemy count and quality is sufficient that ignoring everything to rush Vindel simply won't work without losing units in the process, especially with evasion decay, which again makes the supremely-bloated HP unnecessary. I tried ignoring the Gespies and I almost lost the Ra TBF, I remember almost losing the Hagane back in the Ethiopia-route debut battle of the SM Gespies in OG2. My carelessness in the final battle also cost the Tallgeese III, the Deathscythe, and the Altron.

Here it's Shadow Mirror doing the Axis Drop. Since Char, or rather Quattro, isn't going to, heh.

Though his dialogue with Vin indicated he took over Neo Zeon in the other world. Yet Amuro dead at their original final battle(?), what could've followed is anyone's guess. 

The ending dialogue teased that Quattro hadn't quite ruled the possibility of a return to other methods, if things were to go a certain way. 

In any case... now you saw. Here it's Shadow Mirror doing the Axis Drop. Since Char, or rather Quattro, isn't going to, heh. Fun fact, the GBA version has unused data of a couple more CCA stuff. Like characters. It's curious how they would've been used. Maybe as more underlings for Haman, perhaps. She got the Alpha Aziels, who in Gundam canon was Quess Paraya's mech, and Quess is in the unused data. So who knows.

I know I missed some ZZ stuff by going to Mars and that I could imagine going to space during the first split would've also gotten her a little more time. Yet it sure seemed like they threw Haman a lot of importance at the end the heroes' blabber of wishing they could've recruited her is not lost on me glimpsing your recent T posts. Her "maybe I was pulled in by Earth's gravity" quip was something that stuck to me, since obsessing with hatred over something is not true freedom from that thing, that'd be "I just don't care". 

I must've done a search for GGG animations at some point, because I remember seeing someone comment on the use of Goldion DoubleHammer on Infinity in 30. Nails never sounded so painful.