• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, I probably should've clarified I was thinking of Starfox 64 specifically, but that's also very short according to Howlongtobeat. I tried to play it last night but I couldn't get the controller working somehow so I went with Ace Attorney instead. I'll fumble around with the settings later so I can get that one started because I do really want to see what Starfox is about.

Before I do that though, I do want to double check, the first games aren't necessary to understand 64, are they?

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Quetzal (is it okay if I call you that?) wouldn’t like Trails, it doesn’t get political until the 4th game. I mean some of the politics of Liberl comes up in Sky, but it’s loosely developed at best. And the most interesting politics of the series thus far is just what’s set up for Calvard in the 5th game, but we won’t get to see that until 2027. And after the 5th game it’s 2 games of “politics” that are horribly written, and then the politics take a complete back seat in CS3 and 4 again.

But then again, Quetzal did say they massively prefer story over anything else. And the games with the least politics has the best story. And a cool girl protagonist to tempt them on their crusade against sexism in games. Hey @Edelguardiansing, got 1000 hours to spare? How much do you like to read?

I'm guessing this is a bit tongue and cheek but it should be known that a political story doesn't automatically mean I'll like it. A story's messaging could be as simple as "believe in yourself" or "The power of friendship" and I'd still love it if it played it's cards right.

And even if a story has a political messaging, it can completely fall apart for me if there's just no heart and humanity in it.

Also yes, you can call me Quetzal.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Okay, I probably should've clarified I was thinking of Starfox 64 specifically, but that's also very short according to Howlongtobeat. I tried to play it last night but I couldn't get the controller working somehow so I went with Ace Attorney instead. I'll fumble around with the settings later so I can get that one started because I do really want to see what Starfox is about.

Before I do that though, I do want to double check, the first games aren't necessary to understand 64, are they?

Nah. 64 was basically a reboot, so both SNES games are not needed to understand it.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

64 is effectively a remake/boot of the first if I recall correctly.

Zero is too, just to clarify.

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yes, it was due to the red.

Colorado, from the same people who brought you Nevada.

Good to know my hunch was correct. Thanks!

32 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

qfz9kwP.gif

This girl gives me so many mixed feelings. Seeing this, I want to hate. But then, I like her design. Also, she's black, which is cool, we don't get enough of those because FE is a Japanese franchise. But then she does this and I start seeing Elise and I yearn for the blood of the innocent.

...Maybe I will murder her brother.

28 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

64 is a reboot. Which isn't too surprising, seeing how this franchise might as well be called Star Reboot. A third of the series is the first game, and that's not an exaggeration.

So yeah, there's no need for anything else. Go and barrel roll.

28 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Also yes, you can call me Quetzal.

Ruben's been doing it forever now! That's how you know it's not only okay, but also cool to do it! Even called you Quentin one time. Sorry about that.

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Part of me doesn't wanna see Quetzal play Trails because i don't need my Trailsins to run deeper.

I thought you wanted everyone to suffer for your sins. Isn't that what you said when I attempted to comfort you by pointing out I hated Joshua too much to continue? Okay that's not how I phrased it, but hot damn that guy was a jackass. If you'd told me he dies later I might've continued, though. So I guess lucky you you didn't do that. Or unlucky? Which is it? Make up your mind, Shrimpers.

Another part of me wants to see his walls of Text once he arrives at Crossbell ÜÜÜ

...Ah yes, there it is.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This girl gives me so many mixed feelings. Seeing this, I want to hate. But then, I like her design. Also, she's black, which is cool, we don't get enough of those because FE is a Japanese franchise. But then she does this and I start seeing Elise and I yearn for the blood of the innocent.

...Maybe I will murder her brother.

Truly letting out your inner Garuben.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I thought you wanted everyone to suffer for your sins. Isn't that what you said when I attempted to comfort you by pointing out I hated Joshua too much to continue? Okay that's not how I phrased it, but hot damn that guy was a jackass. If you'd told me he dies later I might've continued, though. So I guess lucky you you didn't do that. Or unlucky? Which is it? Make up your mind, Shrimpers.

...Ah yes, there it is.

I'm reminded I still have my FC playthrough on hold.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Truly letting out your inner Garuben.

Cuteness is like seeds. One must stab the girl before it sprouts.

...and her brother looks like Claude. Numbered Days Fogado, they called him.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm reminded I still have my FC playthrough on hold.

Oof.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I'm guessing this is a bit tongue and cheek but it should be known that a political story doesn't automatically mean I'll like it. A story's messaging could be as simple as "believe in yourself" or "The power of friendship" and I'd still love it if it played it's cards right.

Not really, I was just trying to think of what types of stories you do like, and that was all I knew (I mean I’ve been absent for a good portion of Quetzal Emblem).

But yeah, as far as the quality of the politics goes… it varies.

Either way I wouldn’t worry about it, just play Trails in the Sky if you’re ever looking for something to play and want a good story.

EDIT: WAIT NEVERMIND YES IT WAS TONGUE AND CHEEK, I FORGOT WHAT I HAD WRITTEN

And even if a story has a political messaging, it can completely fall apart for me if there's just no heart and humanity in it.

Following this logic, I’d say stay far, far away but…

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Another part of me wants to see his walls of Text once he arrives at Crossbell ÜÜÜ

This. A million times this.

(For clarity Crossbell politics aren’t horrible, it’s Cold Steel 1 and 2 where the fun times begin)

Edited by Sooks

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Cuteness is like seeds. One must stab the girl before it sprouts.

...and her brother looks like Claude. Numbered Days Fogado, they called him.

Engaging in what you like best, I see.

RIP Ike's girlfriend.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I thought you wanted everyone to suffer for your sins.

True true.

But at the same time do i really want the thread to go full Trails mode again?

If you'd told me he dies later I might've continued

He becomes the final boss of the whole series as princess Joshua

...Ah yes, there it is.

anime-thumbs-up.gif

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

This. A million times this.

56RNZNi.png

Black rabbit for you (sauce)

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Crossbell politics aren’t horrible

Yeah but it has lotsa other problems XD

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

RIP Ike's girlfriend.

Genny's revenge incoming?

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

True true.

But at the same time do i really want the thread to go full Trails mode again?

What did I do to deserve it?

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

why did he call the police before having them wipe down their fingerprints off everything?

Spoiler

So, calling the police makes sense since because he wants to get them arrested; even if they get released for not killing Manfred, they'd still be in the clink for a while, sorting out what actually happened. This is relevant because the Origami Killer's victim is slowly drowning as as the heavy rain causes water to rise (hence the game's title), and they're on the clock for saving that victim: The waste of their time would basically prevent them from saving him. It also kinda makes sense for Scott to want to avoid being caught, I suppose.

FINALLY DONE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS AAAUUGHH

38 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

56RNZNi.png

Black rabbit for you (sauce)

I think you’re a bigger Altina simp than I am.

38 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah but it has lotsa other problems XD

That Quetzal would write paragraphs about? Well… maybe, I don’t know that much about what they like and dislike.

Wait I didn’t know you thought Crossbell had lots of problems, I thought you thought they were great except bonding begins to take hold in Azure.

29 minutes ago, Benice said:
  Hide contents

So, calling the police makes sense since because he wants to get them arrested; even if they get released for not killing Manfred, they'd still be in the clink for a while, sorting out what actually happened. This is relevant because the Origami Killer's victim is slowly drowning as as the heavy rain causes water to rise (hence the game's title), and they're on the clock for saving that victim: The waste of their time would basically prevent them from saving him. It also kinda makes sense for Scott to want to avoid being caught, I suppose.

Spoiler

But then, if he wanted to get them arrested, why did he leave the line open and go “oh noes Lauren he called the cops, we better clean up and skedaddle” instead of just calling and immediately hang up while keeping quiet unless Lauren suggests he might’ve called the cops? He immediately volunteers that information, though.

And if he was in jail, wouldn’t that stop him from being able to keep giving Ethan the little trail things he has to do save his son and then tell him where his son is? -If he has to do that anyway, it’s been a while so I’m just going off probably wrong memory

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

FINALLY DONE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS AAAUUGHH

GOOD LUCK

AND CONGRATS FOR GETTING IT DONE

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think you’re a bigger Altina simp than I am

Not really

but she's one of the very very few things i like in modern Trails, and i don't wanna talk much about stuff i hate/rant, so yeah lol.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait I didn’t know you thought Crossbell had lots of problems, I thought you thought they were great except bonding begins to take hold in Azure

Bondings since Zero.

Character writing in Ao i am not big on, really. ESPECIALLY Lloyd. I liked him in Zero, Ao...not so much. And what's her name silver hair should've been a side character.

And well, it sowed the seeds that made me drop the series eventually. It wasn't as bad back then, but it was the start.

Spoiler

Spoiler

He immediately volunteers that information, though.

Realistically, I'm pretty sure it's because Cage doesn't want us to think Scott's the killer.

tbh probably the worst thing about Heavy Rain is that Scott makes no sense, so it makes speculating as to why he does anything at all kind of obtuse.

And if he was in jail, wouldn’t that stop him from being able to keep giving Ethan the little trail things he has to do save his son and then tell him where his son is? -If he has to do that anyway, it’s been a while so I’m just going off probably wrong memory

I don't think it would, because it seems like Scott has everything set up well ahead of time.

42 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

GOOD LUCK SON

THANK YOU FATHER

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

GOOD LUCK

AND CONGRATS FOR GETTING IT DONE

THANK YOU SON

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And well, it sowed the seeds that made me drop the series eventually.

I guess they should have salted the earth before making the games

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Bondings since Zero.

But it barely exists in Zero, I mean the game doesn’t even tell you about it, and there’s only one event at the end.

Character writing in Ao i am not big on, really.

Shrimpy unbased?

ESPECIALLY Lloyd.

Is it the harem?

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

I guess they should have salted the earth before making the games

They should've put Garon in there

But it barely exists in Zero, the game doesn’t tell you about it, and there’s only one event at the end

Still, shouldn't have been a thing.

And it being hidden is even worse.

Shrimpy unbased?

kek
From the "classic" games, i do like Ao's Story & pacing the most, but like the character writing the least.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is it the harem?

That's part of it yeah.