• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Listen to me, lot of peasants.

Fates clears the entire series in storytelling. Fates is a comedy of remarkable quality. Funniest game in the series and it's not even close.

Wraith’s reaction to Rubenio’s boast:

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The enemy: *uses Silence on Ivy*

Ivy, who has thorns on her hands:

Legit, I joked back then about making her punch due to the massive spikes on her gloves, but Jesus Christ even without them. Girl truly does belong in the brawler class. She's gonna do people like this.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So we can get Tellius Vantage then...

* Jugdral

Tellius (or atleast RD) vantage was stupid withit's spd% proc chance

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Legit, I joked back then about making her punch due to the massive spikes on her gloves, but Jesus Christ even without them. Girl truly does belong in the brawler class. She's gonna do people like this.

And we know girls can brawl this time, yay!

Had a compooter problem a coupla weeks ago. Stupid VPN adware... 🤬

Had the wipe the laptop , which means I had to rebuild the game collection. That meant losin all my save states too, so here I am playin Binding Blade again after finishing Blazing Blade yesterday

Just had the guy on the throne in Ch 7 say “the reinforcements from the south should be here shortly”. Little did he know I had everybody lined up in front of the arena waitin for they asses. Lmao!! 😁

Thanks to Lot with the halberd, scratch one lvl 15 cavalier. Good job, axeman. 💪 😎

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't think I got to play the game in that year. One doesn't get to do that a lot. I remember I did played Ace Combat 5 in the year the game takes place, 2010. Complete to playing the actual missions on their actual dates down to the day. Not the hour, because some wouldn't have have been feasible, heh.

For the record, the original Japanese doesn't give dates. It's only assume to happen at "present time". At least for Phoenix Trilogy. So in Japan, present day is 2001, making 15 years ago the year 1986. Though again, it's not official. That said... maybe it was deliberate. Since 2001 is the year the game originally came out. So localization wanted to make a reference? Probably.

That aside, I find it kinda neat localization went for this. Because when you take into account Phoenix's age, it means he was born late 1992 or early 1993. So... he's between Wraith and I in age, hahaha. But just Phoenix, not Naruhodo.

Oh, fun.

Makes me think about what it'll be like for folks 300 years from now to play games that are "assumed to be in the present"

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That sounds like a fun excuse to make her an Assassin, perhaps she will even assassinate Rhea like Ezio taking down Pope Alexander VI.

Oh my god.

I should give her some Brawling Skill as well just for that.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd like to have a Corncob. Though mostly due to a lack of Garon amiibo. I don't care much for amiibos in general, but you can bet I'd be jumping on that one like a starving hyena.

I wish I had more FE amiibos but damn it all they're expensive.

Garon amiibo would be amazing, just imagine him in that T-Pose.

More FE amiibos in general would be neat...or...perhaps not, I have overall mixed opinions on amiibos.

I thgouht he already did when he kinda sorta pinned the blame for executive rushing and crunch on the developers

There's something truly realty breaking about watching a Nintendo developer throw shade at that kind of thing.

Oh right, I almost forgot. I had a dream tonight.

The dream was that @Edelguardiansing played Banner Saga and called it their new favorite videogame series of all time.

Then I went to a public restroom and started uncomfortably pissing an outrageous amount of a green, gooey goop until the entire place was flooded up to my knees.

Then I woke up at 3 AM and had to go take a piss.

I dream a lot, but this has to be one of the dumbest dreams I've ever had. Any experts on the meaning of dreams here, may I ask what the fuck?

Obviously it means you've been playing too much Luigi's Mansion.

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No, it does not. It takes place in Japan.

Kinda. Lotta's accent in Japan is that of Osaka, which... in general, it's the one that tends to be turned into a Southern/Dixie accent when it goes through US English translation. She is meant to be a "Stereotypical person from Osaka", so US localization follows suit.

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Nope, definitely in Japan, there is a bit of a joke about "burgers" being the equivalent of Pokemon's jelly donuts. Also from what I remember Lotta had the distinctive Osaka accent in the original. The localization was given a lot of leeway to capture the feel of the Japanese wordplay, and sense of humor that pervaded the script, and I think they did a solid job of it, although it originally being set in Japan become more noticeable in some of the sequels.

Nope. In fact, it was always supposed to take place in Japan, as it's taking digs at the Japanese court system and it features a lot of Japanese-like cultural stuff.

Yeah I thought that might be the case. What a 4kids thing to do.

To be honest, I've always found the English localizations for this series to be rather... ho-hum. There's this stupidity, and every two games it seems like they had no proofreader because they are riddled with typos (the original versions, at least). This is most egregious in the second game, where one of the most climatic scenes in the game has a massive typo that ruins the entire vibe.

I do think this first translation is really good, if not as a translation than as a simply entertaining read. It's funny and witty and I love it.

8 hours ago, ping said:

comic331_zps0e179cf7.png

Eat your hamburgers, Eltosian

Katie at it again!

Yeah I thought that might be the case. What a 4kids thing to do.

I do think this first translation is really good, if not as a translation than as a simply entertaining read. It's funny and witty and I love it.

Katie at it again!

Fun fact, I'm pretty sure they finally gave an official explanation to explain the... nature of the localization. It's not really relevant for the games, so I feel it's fine to say it now.

Basically, they've stated that Ace Attorney takes place in a US that didn't enacted the anti Asian immigration prohibitions of the early 20th century. As a result, California is more Asian-American than our world.

Or maybe it was because they couldn't really hide the Japanese elements anymore.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

q5Dd00Tl.png

.....ah, they're totally gonna slap that one onto bosses in Maddening, aren't they? I mean, the screenshot is from Maddening.

Just wait for a DLC emblem to have this at max.

Probably. Unless they punch maybe?

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Quality.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tellius (or atleast RD) vantage was stupid withit's spd% proc chance

PoR and Thracia's then.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Had a compooter problem a coupla weeks ago. Stupid VPN adware... 🤬

Had the wipe the laptop , which means I had to rebuild the game collection. That meant losin all my save states too, so here I am playin Binding Blade again after finishing Blazing Blade yesterday

Just had the guy on the throne in Ch 7 say “the reinforcements from the south should be here shortly”. Little did he know I had everybody lined up in front of the arena waitin for they asses. Lmao!! 😁

Thanks to Lot with the halberd, scratch one lvl 15 cavalier. Good job, axeman. 💪 😎

That's never fun having to format the lot. Thankfully I have decent redundancy, but it's something you have to have ready unfortunately.

We stand with Lot doing a lot.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I wish I had more FE amiibos but damn it all they're expensive.

If you can even get them.

And here it's good luck trying in some cases.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

More FE amiibos in general would be neat...or...perhaps not, I have overall mixed opinions on amiibos.

Understandable.

Honestly, Engage was the perfect time to release a new wave of FE Amiibo, more stock of the ones out already and making a few new ones too because yes, I would get a Leif Amiibo.

The one issue I realise with this is scope. At this stage there's Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Roy, Corrin (Both genders), Chrom (Who's got two different sources), M!Byleth, Alm, Celica and Tiki. Even just making 10k for each would be 120k and that ignores making any new ones (Sigurd, Leif, Lyn, Eirika/Ephraim, Micaiah and the 3H lords if we count DLC, which we probably should for this). I don't know if they're that interested in doing that much and 10,000 of each one could be low demand overall!

Just now, Capt. Fargus said:

Oh boy... you done screwed up bigly 😆

3F2FD143-983D-4595-BC80-038DE088C3E1.thumb.jpeg.17417e39146f4ba9c851945467573ab2.jpeg

Bors:

Megamind Trapped GIF - Megamind Trapped Trap GIFs

64272f18-ade3-447c-bbf4-3e9030ed4756_1.p

39 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also we can finally have Armored Mages using Engage

Take that FE4 barons

But what about their Res?

31 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Quality.

When your game is held together by Family Dollar tape.

I had enacted the Fish Variety Contest when RF5 had forced me to enact a festival during the tutorial stuff, I decided to go for it and fished in the ocean for the first time (the fish shadows are a little hard to see there compared to a river or a lake). I won it by five fish, sounds like the next year might be more difficult as a result. The prizes, other than the HP permanent stat booster, were pretty dull. Not to say I wasn't handsomely rewarded...

20230108115002-1.jpg

*Sees the Sell value* That's alright.

20230108113925-1.jpg

That's very strong...

20230108113948-1.jpg

😳

20230108114900-1.jpg

Hoooooooly mackerel!🐟 My fears have come true.

Back with Frontier and maybe Tides of Destiny, I recall fishing being too good as a revenue source, and Marvelous has clearly learned nothing. Why bother with the slow, effort-demanding income of farming, when the realm of Aquaticus is better than a literal gold mine? It's Rune Factory, as in matured crops produce runes and a flourishing field will have a prolific industrial-esque level of output of them, not Rune Fishery! Fishies never have had anything to do with runes!😡🚫🎣

How can a single lobster sell for more than what I am definitely sure will be the price fetched by a piece of gold ore? How can one squid sell for thousands? My income from this one day of fishing is 17k and from nothing except fish. I did with the lowest level of fishing rod in the game, that should not be possible so damn early! And since there is no "overfishing" mechanic, I could do this every single day. Crops meanwhile have to worry about soil fertility level, and you need to upgrade your farming tools to make it proceed faster, and you need to save some farmland for fodder if you're looking to raise ever-hungry monsters, and you've the seasons to think about, and it takes days before crops become harvestable. A lot of time and effort to get to the profits and even more to maximize them.

...And yet, my enjoyment of this game remains undiminished.😄 I shall make a conscious effort to avoid the exploit that is the sea, and more flavorfully if inefficiently turn to the domain of Terrable. -Once I purchase the forge ingame tomorrow so I can upgrade my farm tools, which I oddly have not yet done in this game despite having completed the first three dungeons (up to and including the snake boss in the lava caves I mean). Only halfway through Spring I be, yet the pacing seems a little too brisk?

Also:

20230108115210-1.jpg

A spell that lets me recruit characters for battle even if their FP/LP is too low for it? Seems to be of very limited value. Nonetheless, wonderful description. "Awake" and staring into the distance unblinkingly I assume?😛

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Back with Frontier and maybe Tides of Destiny, I recall fishing being too good as a revenue source, and Marvelous has clearly learned nothing. Why bother with the slow, effort-demanding income of farming, when the realm of Aquaticus is better than a literal gold mine? It's Rune Factory, as in matured crops produce runes and a flourishing field will have a prolific industrial-esque level of output of them, not Rune Fishery! Fishies never have had anything to do with runes!😡🚫🎣

How can a single lobster sell for more than what I am definitely sure will be the price fetched by a piece of gold ore? How can one squid sell for thousands? My income from this one day of fishing is 17k and from nothing except fish. I did with the lowest level of fishing rod in the game, that should not be possible so damn early! And since there is no "overfishing" mechanic, I could do this every single day. Crops meanwhile have to worry about soil fertility level, and you need to upgrade your farming tools to make it proceed faster, and you need to save some farmland for fodder if you're looking to raise ever-hungry monsters, and you've the seasons to think about, and it takes days before crops become harvestable. A lot of time and effort to get to the profits and even more to maximize them.

...And yet, my enjoyment of this game remains undiminished.😄 I shall make a conscious effort to avoid the exploit that is the sea, and more flavorfully if inefficiently turn to the domain of Terrable. -Once I purchase the forge ingame tomorrow so I can upgrade my farm tools, which I oddly have not yet done in this game despite having completed the first three dungeons (up to and including the snake boss in the lava caves I mean). Only halfway through Spring I be, yet the pacing seems a little too brisk?

In RF4 I go instead for the food exploit. When you have Clorica and/or Kiel in the party, they'll throw a food item at you once per day (or multiple times if you dismiss them and recruit them back, if I recall). So if you dodge it (or are riding a monster), you can pocket it and sell. This includes stuff like Royal Curry, which sells for 250K G! It's not a bad method to get a couple K worth of G in a day, and it's still very RNG dependent so you can't like, become a millionaire in just a couple of days. Still, not a bad way to collect cash on the side, heh.

A spell that lets me recruit characters for battle even if their FP/LP is too low for it? Seems to be of very limited value. Nonetheless, wonderful description. "Awake" and staring into the distance unblinkingly I assume?😛

Is that what it does? I never could figure out what exactly was that spell for. Other than making characters stop walking for a second in order to talk to them.

Looking up, it seems it's just a "increase friendship slightly" AoE effect spell.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Garon amiibo would be amazing, just imagine him in that T-Pose.

You scan him into Smash and he adopts every fighter.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Yeah the first game's translation is pretty good, American shittiness aside. It's the second one that's a lot worse. Seriously feels like they didn't even proofread it, so many typos in places where there REALLY should be no typos.

56 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Oh boy... you done screwed up bigly 😆

3F2FD143-983D-4595-BC80-038DE088C3E1.thumb.jpeg.17417e39146f4ba9c851945467573ab2.jpeg

You fool! You have fallen victim to one of the classic blunders!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah the first game's translation is pretty good, American shittiness aside. It's the second one that's a lot worse. Seriously feels like they didn't even proofread it, so many typos in places where there REALLY should be no typos.

And then they go and fix the meme typo in future ports, smh.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

When your game is held together by Family Dollar tape.

I think they're just rubbing things together and hoping they hold after that myself.

20230108115210-1.jpg

Oh no.