Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

An unrelated note: I spot Merrin. That looks like neither Solm nor Elusia. It looks more like Firene, in fact. The previews are also disallowed from showing beyond chapter 8, if I recall correctly. And yet I spot Merrin. Hmm.

Spoiler

I mean, Timerra is there too, and she's Merrin's liege. So clearly Timerra joins long before we travel to Solm then.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

50 minutes ago, Loliko said:

I do appreciate that Bartre is one of the few FE dads that not only stay alive , but gets to support his daughter through the journey and you also see him in his younger years in FE7. Ignoring AwakeFates for obvious reasons , I think he's the luckiest FE dad all things considered.

He's definitely up there as far as FE dads go, yes. And that's a pretty swell stache, even if it pales in comparison to Moulder's big handlebar or Hanneman's more dapper approach.

He has better skill than Klein because I gave him my secret book :] 

O O F

But hey , i'll let you know that he one rounded the boss of chapter 13. With a brave bow... And a Roy B support... And the boss is a wyvern. But what mattered is that he did it : he's going to get Zephiel , trust me.

Flaer, right? Still, that's one heck of an accomplishment. He's the underling of an underling. That makes him at least 1/3rd Zephiel! No challenge for the Woltster!

I really wanted to also bring Dorothy for the ride as well , but I already had Sue (because everyone apparently ditches her for Shin and it's not fun) and I didn't trust my lacking planning skills to get 3 orion bolts. However , once that I get to an hard mode playthrough , i'll use her , promise. Then again I am going to Sacae , so perhaps I could have used a second sniper lol

Meanwhile me: Ditches Shin for her every time because he's super boring and also a top tier loser

I'd say you're okay. Sacae has less fliers than Ilia and it gives you an extra bow user anyway. Leave Dorothy to shine in your hard playthrough!

50 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I didn't see any spoilers, but well, i think we are slowly arriving at the point we should put everything Enjeji in spoilers

Not spoilers exactly, but remember when Benice asked us to be a bit more careful with the Engage talk so people can go in truly blind if they want? I'd say we oughta keep this preview footage on the low, in this thread.

SPOILERS ENGAGE!

Hide contents

This is from an official ninty video, maybe that's why? Or maybe it's a paralogue or something.

Feels like weapons might play a big role again this time. Bigger than Fates, even. Or any FE for that matter.

And with MT numbers i am seeing we might reach Berwick weapon MT lol. Then again i am seeing quite a weapon variety and how they interact, which i likeeeeeee.

Spoiler

Hmmm... Oh boy. That does change things up. Guess we'll see, though I really wouldn't say no to an early wolf girl!

Oh yeah, I definitely get the vibe that gear's going to be more important than in the average FE. I suppose that's this game's answer to the "remove durability but how do we balance it" conundrum: Make it bigger and better.

50 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

I mean, Timerra is there too, and she's Merrin's liege. So clearly Timerra joins long before we travel to Solm then.

Aww... I missed that.

Spoiler

Probably a paralogue then. Bummer.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd say we oughta keep this preview footage on the low, in this thread.

Yh sure, i am for it.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

suppose that's this game's answer to the "remove durability but how do we balance it" conundrum: Make it bigger and better

Spoiler

Enemies are gonna be scary ain't they.

And, take this with a grain of salt ofc, from the little maddening footage we have i don't see inflation. This gives me hopium.

I have successfully derailed a "let's ship the cover art lords" thread into a "let's ship the probably evil and dead older royalty" thread.

I am strong and wise. I am very proud of me.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

With last few probably goes back to FE6 if i am not mistaken lol.

I think we've had at least some since then.

So, what's above 15 in each game then? Why 15? Honestly an arbitrary pick, but considering how much more I'd have had to add, it feels like the right number in hindsight. Also, if they give a Str or Mag boost, I won't count that on here, though of course it makes some of these even more out there, same goes with forges.

Spoiler

SDatBoL: Swarm, Firestone (16), Devil Sword, Parthia (17), Mercurius, Pachyderm, Magestone (18), Gradivus, Devil Axe, Aura, Earthstone (20)

Gaiden: Saggitae (16), Ragnarok (24)

MotE: Devil Sword (18), Mercurius, Gradivus, Devil Axe, Parthia, Pachyderm (20)

GotHW: All Holy Weapons (30 by default), Steel Blade, Steel Lance (16), Steel Axe, Silver Bow (18), Silver Blade, Silver Lance, Bolganone, Thoron, Tornado, Aura, Yotsmungand (20), Silver Axe (22)

Thracia: Beo Sword, Dragon Lance (16), Holy Sword (17), Great Lance, Silver Axe, Great Bow, Thoron, Tornado, Fenrir (18), Gae Bolg, Gungnir, Devil Axe, Iron Arch (Ballista locked), Bolganone, Forseti (20)

BinB: Maltet, Mulagir (16), Durandal (17), Binding Blade, Armads, Devil Axe, Apocalypse (18)

BlaB: Durandal, Luce (16), Devil Axe, Armads, Excalibur (18) Regal Blade, Rienfleche, Ereshkigal (20), Rex Hasta (21), Basilikos (22), Gespenst (23)

SS: Sieglinde (16), Seigmunde, Ivaldi (17), Audhulma, Devil Axe, Nidhogg, Excalibur (18), Garm (20), Gleipnir (23), Naglfar (25)

PoR: Wishblade, Silver Axe (16), Alondite, Ragnell, Devil Axe, Urvan (18), Gurgurant, Killer Ballista, Onagar (20), Long Ballista (22)

RD: Silencer, Lughnasadh, S Lion Fang, S W Dragon Breath (16), Silver Greatlance, Silver Longbow, S Great Lion Fang, SS Raven Fang, S B Dragon Breath (17), Alondite, Ragnell, Silver Poleax, Tarvos, Baselard, SS Cat Fang, SS Naesala Fang, SS Hawk Fang, S R Dragon Breath (18), SS Wolf Fang (19), Vague Katti, SS Nailah Fang, SS Tiger Fang, SS Tibarn Fang, S Dheginsea Breath (20), SS Lion Fang, SS W Dragon Breath (21), Wishblade, Urvan, Double Bow, SS Great Lion Fang, SS B Dragon Breath, Onagar (22), SS R Dragon Breath (23) SS Dheginsea Breath (25), Ballistae (18, 26, 28), All the crossbows (24,28,30,34,38), All the Judge attacks (25, 50, 52)

SD: Devil Sword, Devil Axe, Parthia (17), Mercurius, Hauteclere, Aura, Pachyderm, Divinestone (18), Gradivus (19), Earthstone (20)

NMotE: Devil Sword, Devil Axe, Starlight, (17), Mercurius, Parthia, Aura, Pachyderm, Divinestone (18), Gradivus (19), Hauteclere, Dark Breath (20)

Awakening: Gungnir, Vengeance, Niddhog, Valflame, Blighted Talons (16), Mercurius, Armads (17), Wolf Berg, Helswath, Mjolnir (18), Gradivus, Parthia, Goetia (19), Expiration (20), Hauteclere (21)

Fates: Blazing/Shadow/Omega Yato, True Ganglari, Effie's Lance, Ryoma's Club, Silver Axe, Silver Star Axe, Silver Yumi, Silver Hankyu (16), Berserker's Axe (17), Hagakure Blade (18), Waterwheel (19), Dragon Breath 2 (20), Bolverk (21), Aurgelmir, Pursuer (22), Dragonstone+ (25), Dark Breath/Dragon Breath 1 (30)

SoV: Saggitae (16), Ragnarok (20), Talons (22)

3H: Dark Creator Sword, Silver Axe, Agnea's Arrow, Crest Stone (Beast) (16) Lúin, Gradivus, Axe of Zoltan, Lost Crest Stone (Lg), Giant Katar (17), Devil Axe, Crusher, Dark Crusher, Failnaught, Hades Ω, Lance of Light+ (18), Aerdbhar, Axe of Ukonvasara, Hauteclere (19), Twin-Crest Power, Crest Stone of Macuil (20), Piercing Lance Light (21) Lance of Ruin (22), Freikugel, Freikugel Λ (23), Aymr (24), Chalice of Blood, Real Seiros Crest Stone (25)

First off, pretty much every ballista ignores Str unless you're Archanean, same with the crossbows.

That aside, the obvious one for massive player weapons is RD, a game where much of it is the Laguz SS ranks, which feels a little unfair and are probably the biggest argument for might being attached to weapon rank I've seen. As for others, SoV having so few options with high might that'll rarely double certainly says a lot, probably the most generous for weapons not tied to S ranks or A ranks in games where S isn't used for that is Genealogy or 3H. Seeing the player have 23 Mt in BlaB is certainly something, but of course some of these are boosted by stat buffs on the weapon.

Swords also need a buff considering how few outside Fates and 3H show up, especially outside levendary weapons.

TLDR: Give it up for your friend and mine the Devil Axe! Such a regular in the power scaling in the series. What'd we do without it?

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

also @Armagon confirmation that Leif gives Vantage +

Well, good he brings something from Thracia at least 😛

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

b6GITZH.png

Basically a game right for me?

And yet nobody's bringing up the right answer in this: the OG Pokemon Anime Theme

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

So, what's above 15 in each game then?

looks at the list

Yeah, most are legendary weapons tho. Or the devil axe. 

Unless RD

The weapons we have seen in Egage with 20+Mt have been "normal" weapons.

8 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

And yet nobody's bringing up the right answer in this: the OG Pokemon Anime Theme

Someone needs to put that over the Engage op

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The weapons we have seen in Egage with 20+Mt have been "normal" weapons.

That's why it's curious to me. Not even with forges either and some of that talk has been impressive.

In terms of normal weaponry, there's the Silver Axe sometimes (22 in Genealogy, 16/18 in a few others) and the Pachyderm in Archanea. That's it for weapons that strong in other games. It really looks like Engage is giving a lot of power in terms of weapons in player's hands and by extension enemy hands.

No wonder Chloé did so much damage in the first trailer!

Crafting and forging now using generic item types instead of specific materials like cooking recipes and chemistry does is quite the change compared to what I'm used to for RF. Also, the active request limit is annoying, because I ended taking three quests (two for griffin extermination, one for a level 5 crop) that'll be a while before I can clear them. 

And really? Nobody sells fodder anymore? Or do I need to tame a monster first to get it added to one of the shops via a request that follows? Kinda backwards if that's the case. Thankfully I have the upgraded watering can now, which massively decreases the amount of time I have to waste on that part of the daily routine.

The sixth bachelor option has arrived, though I need to wait until my laptop is recharged to see more of him, since he doesn't even give his name when he first appears. As soon as I completed Reinhard's first event Martin's and Murakumo's seconds appeared. I have neither above 3LP, if there really only are 3 per character, then like, slow down game! I don't want to rush through them so fast and so soon. I opted not to start either of them nor the first of several girls, Cecil and Ryker haven't had their first events appear yet. I'll go through all the guys' first first, and then I'll do the ladies anyhow b/c it'll characterize them more.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It all makes me realize how much Covenant of the Plume really spoiled me. I look at this sad state of affairs and it makes me long for the days of Reinhilde and Auguste power-coupling through armies. I could make Vandad into a brawler to make the one-eyed badass himself proud, but he has no Reinhilde to pair up with. How tragic is that?

Sorry for ruining things due to imaginable alternatives for you!😛

And yet again, playable old women are the true dodos of anime games. Or maybe unicorns is the better word choice since dodo implies they once existed.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Only halfway through Spring I be, yet the pacing seems a little too brisk?

I've heard you can essentially clear the main story before you even reach Summer. The main reason for this is how time flows, it's a lot slower than in 4 at least.

Like I said earlier, you can't get married before beating the main story so maybe finishing it quickly is somewhat optimal. Compared to RF4, where you could get married and have a kid before ever setting foot in the first dungeon.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Some kinda desert civil war?

The Twitter clips do show us fighting Solm units who are working with Elusians. Since Solm is likely the last country we visit, I'm curious as to what happens there.

Honestly obvious prediction but I think Hyacinth got turned into a statistic by Sombron and he's masquerading as him.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

This makes me think the world in Engage is basically "Throne of Heroes" of FE, or maybe "Heaven"?

The way the returning characters are called "Emblem of __" makes me think that. 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The previews are also disallowed from showing beyond chapter 8, if I recall correctly. And yet I spot Merrin. Hmm.

That image is in Japanese so I don't think it's from the previews.

The previews probably ended at Ch.8 because my theory that Ch.10-13 is where we recruit Elusians and Nintendo so desperately wants to hide the fact that they join us.

It's hilarious, they updated the relationship chart and none of the Elusian characters got any little bios, they're trying so hard lmao.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry for ruining things due to imaginable alternatives for you!😛

Hey, better to have once seen the light than to forever live in darkness. Or something deep-like like that. Anywy, thanks for Covenant, it really was a wild ride.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And yet again, playable old women are the true dodos of anime games. Or maybe unicorns is the better word choice since dodo implies they once existed.

Oh yeah, definitely. You see old men from time to time, but old women? Truly unheard of.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The previews probably ended at Ch.8 because my theory that Ch.10-13 is where we recruit Elusians and Nintendo so desperately wants to hide the fact that they join us.

It's hilarious, they updated the relationship chart and none of the Elusian characters got any little bios, they're trying so hard lmao.

They can't be so dumb as to think they can still keep that a secret at this point. Their own trailers have shown these characters. I think it may be the specifics that they are trying to keep hidden.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think it may be the specifics that they are trying to keep hidden.

The specifics in question: "hey Alear looks like we were mislead by the bad guys haha oopsie woopsie"

It's funny too because everything points to the Solm recruits being last (the bio journal's tabs, going clockwise is logical, Timerra doesn't show up in that one scene at the church with everybody else).

10 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

That's it for weapons that strong in other games. It really looks like Engage is giving a lot of power in terms of weapons in player's hands and by extension enemy hands.

Maybe another method they are trying to increase player phase focus with?

Or make doubling matter less by making weapons that can't double REALLY strong? The ones with high MT we've seen so far were from the heavy weapons category, those who can't double and also attacks second even when initiating.

Also since Weapon Durability isn't a thing they are trying to really differentiate weapons so you don't just go Silver sword 24/7.

With weapon rank grind also being gone this can help weaker units use high MT weapons -> Helps with ironmanning or those who want to rotate units, since these unitls will still pack a punch even if they are "weaker", and will be easier to make em catch up with the gang.

Also can make enemies strong now without increasing stats much.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think it may be the specifics that they are trying to keep hidden.

We are gonna kill them then revive them as our Zombie slaves

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The way the returning characters are called "Emblem of __" makes me think that

So Engage is FE taking "Trouble in Paradise" to the literal? xD

897.gif

It's like January 6th but on steroids, Jesus Christ.

53 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Or make doubling matter less by making weapons that can't double REALLY strong?

With how Breaks work, it might be optimal to not double.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

897.gif

Well, least there's no congressors in there at the minute? Course, this lot attacked the supreme court and presidential palace as well (off topic, it's hard to ignore the use of the word palace there.)

I don't want to draw up those comparisons that quick, but when people like Bannon were involved in Bolsonaro's campaign, it's hard to be shocked.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh the fucker's straight-up in Florida rn at Mar-a-Largo, yeah he absolutely planned this shit didn't he?

Didn't even have the guts to be in Brasilia for it to cheer them on smh /s

Edited by Punished Dayni

Pokemon fans when the Legendary Pokemon is strong

IMG_20200917_084930.jpg

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Didn't even have the guts to be in Brasilia for it to cheer them on smh /s

Apparently he's been here ever since he lost the election. We just....had the former Brazilian President just casually strolling around Florida.

They also banned Cyclizar and it's really funny how they were like "yeah the only reason this Mon is even good in the first place is because of Shed Tail, he's just ok otherwise".

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I've heard you can essentially clear the main story before you even reach Summer. The main reason for this is how time flows, it's a lot slower than in 4 at least.

🤯

Can the next game please find a way to slow things down? Or add a substantial postgame at least? I feel like player progression and story events should be not too fast for Rune Factory. I would say gradualism was intended to be part of the overall experience, as several of the games' open trailers have emphasized through their display of the changing of the seasons.

I recall finishing RF1 in late Spring of the second year, maybe early Summer. (Although that was partly the result of one dungeon's silly access limitation, could've been faster otherwise.) I think I finished Frontier (though I never fought the bosses in the ice ruins or on Whale Island, the deepest depths of Whale Island and most of the ice ruins are oddly optional for the story) sometime maybe in late Winter of the first year too or early 2nd Spring at worst. I never finished any of the other games.😆 Though for Tides of Destiny I did reach the entrance to the final dungeon -the Wind Shrine- sometime in the Winter I think.

I'd say it'd be ideal for RF's story to take 1.25-1.5 years to finish playing at a "average good" pace. Long enough to see every season, but not drag things too far out beyond that for the sake of the attention span of the average player.

Perhaps 30 days to a season is too many? This old Story of Seasons standard could be done away with, shrunk down to 20 or even 15 days a month maybe? Condensing festivals and birthdays into the compressed schedule is the only issue.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Like I said earlier, you can't get married before beating the main story so maybe finishing it quickly is somewhat optimal. Compared to RF4, where you could get married and have a kid before ever setting foot in the first dungeon.

Although marriage being hidden behind story progression isn't new to Rune Factory.

• Lynette didn't become a villager until after RF1's story was over.
    • Also, in the case of Sharon, you needed to defeat the boss of the mountaintop dungeon for the special item it drops which you can convert into Sharon's unique proposal item. (That dungeon is not too far in.) IDK if you also need to complete the ruins with the Golem boss for Sharon's hand as well.
  • Frontier didn't let you marry the Irises and maybe Mist until the story was done either.
    • The other girls... well you do need a decent crafting level for the proposal item I think. Though nothing overly high.
  • Tides of Destiny b/c Sonja is stuck in Aden's body for the story doesn't let you marry anyone until the story is done and you get all the bachelor/ettes to 6 FP/LP. (
    • B/c...
      • ...Imagine making love with a third-party forced to watch. Sonja already feels embarrassed having to close her spiritual eyes every time Aden changes and bathes.
      • ...You don't pick who you want to play as in the postgame until that point either, would be a little odd if Aden could marry and then you picked to play as Sonja.
      • ...And the 6-point requirement means no need to write two set of events for everything prior to that to account for pre- and post- protagonist separation.

-As for the remaining pre-4 Rune Factories...

• RF3 demands you marry to fight the final boss.
  • And RF2's "1st generation" is one overlong tutorial that doesn't end until a baby is out of the oven. Sorta the opposite problem hiding marriage until after the story.😝
    • Honestly, would've been nice if Kyle actually had real dungeons to explore, not mere smidgens of them devoid of bosses and story.

---

Why is SF not letting my post go through b/c security of the connection? I had to remove the IRL attempted coup-litics response from this post to get it through. SF rejected again and again otherwise.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

897.gif

As I saw stated earlier today, populism thrives on being in the opposition. Motivating via resentment, not true effective governance that actually fixes problems, is its strength. (Although the commenter who said this claimed both left and right in Brazil are populist ATM.)

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Oh the fucker's straight-up in Florida rn at Mar-a-Largo, yeah he absolutely planned this shit didn't he?

Extradition time? Oooooooooh that's gonna mess with our Justice and State Departments alright.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

off topic, it's hard to ignore the use of the word palace there.

It's far from the only country to do so. Doing a quick Wikipedia search, many countries use the phrase, at least in English. Including Finland, so at least one functional democracy.