• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, I have been playing a bit of Lunatic BR.

On Chapter 13, I end up pulling Camilla over and feeling like I have little chance of screwing myself over attempt to shoot her down with Reina with a bow while Takumi supported her with his bow despite her having Bowbreaker.

The hit rates were 18 and 24 percent.

Both connect.

4.32% chance lol first try

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Apparently he's been here ever since he lost the election. We just....had the former Brazilian President just casually strolling around Florida.

I had heard.

Fuck me, that's something alright.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's far from the only country to do so. Doing a quick Wikipedia search, many countries use the phrase, at least in English. Including Finland, so at least one functional democracy.

I was mostly pointing it out as only now did the idea sink in my head, not like I've never heard of a place referred to as such before. It's as unfortunate in Finland.

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I would say gradualism was intended to be part of the overall experience, as several of the games' open trailers have emphasized through their display of the changing of the seasons.

I think the idea is that you only progress the plot when you feel like it. Though it comes into a bit of a conflict when some bachelor/ettes join later, especially if it's a game where marriage is post-game.

30 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Fuck me, that's something alright.

The fact that it's two days off of January 6th is....almost poetic.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Perhaps 30 days to a season is too many? This old Story of Seasons standard could be done away with, shrunk down to 20 or even 15 days a month maybe? Condensing festivals and birthdays into the compressed schedule is the only issue.

I'm reminded AWL had only 10 days per season. Of course, that was a special case considering AWL's own structure. Would it be kept for the remake, despite it adding stuff like festivals? I don't remember if anything's been stated about it.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The sixth bachelor option has arrived, though I need to wait until my laptop is recharged to see more of him, since he doesn't even give his name when he first appears. As soon as I completed Reinhard's first event Martin's and Murakumo's seconds appeared. I have neither above 3LP, if there really only are 3 per character, then like, slow down game! I don't want to rush through them so fast and so soon. I opted not to start either of them nor the first of several girls, Cecil and Ryker haven't had their first events appear yet. I'll go through all the guys' first first, and then I'll do the ladies anyhow b/c it'll characterize them more.

Meanwhile with RF4 it felt like it could take a while, hahaha. Mostly due to needing to trigger the right Town Events, so if you're not save scumming for them, then it could truly take a while. Then again, having so few events related for marriage (unless you're Margaret) was likely deliberate since adding the whole dating mechanics was meant to make up for it. Probably.

So now that i'm starting on it, imma post it again but

IMG20230108221606.jpg?width=464&height=6

IMG20230108222136.jpg?width=464&height=6

This is probably the only "special edition" of a game i own. I'm not really a collector, especially since i prefer digital, but this is still neat.

IMG20230108221730.jpg?width=825&height=6

It even came with these (the image inverted itself but jokes on it, these cards are reversable).

Anyways

FmAAmm3WIAM6dGP?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Let's begin.

Edited by Armagon

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230108222947.jpg?wid

It's just fucking DND man

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230108223308.jpg?wid

It's just DND

Anyways, here are the characters i made. Kept the names default but if something strikes me, i'll change it

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230108224118.jpg?wid

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230108224123.jpg?wid

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230108224127.jpg?wid

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230108224131.jpg?wid

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230108224135.jpg?wid

(Wizard has the most boring skins)

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230108224139.jpg?wid

Her name is one letter off from Eunie. Eunice tits btw.

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230108224324.jpg?wid

Look at this dude

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230108224503.jpg?wid

Look at this girl

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230108225051.jpg?wid

Look at this dude.

There's like something for everyone here.

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230108224652.jpg?wid

Vanillaware artstyle the GOAT

Dragons_Crown_Pro_20230108230333.jpg?wid

I'm not surprised that the bird has tits tbh.

Anyways yeah, i'm gonna do the first dungeon with each of the characters and then determine from there which one i like best. I nearly died against this boss so i hope the game is balanced around the 1 player and it was just me being bad. 

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

The specifics in question: "hey Alear looks like we were mislead by the bad guys haha oopsie woopsie"

Well, that's certainly most likely, but we won't know till we see it.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

We are gonna kill them then revive them as our Zombie slaves

Hah! I dunno, I'd be afraid to make Ivy into a zombie. She has a natural advantage with all of her many sharp implements.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

897.gif

It's like January 6th but on steroids, Jesus Christ.

Yeah, fun, innit? I guess that's the new trend. If we lose, we'll just ransack the institutions! Because that worked out so well for Trump's fanbase, didn't it.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why is SF not letting my post go through b/c security of the connection? I had to remove the IRL attempted coup-litics response from this post to get it through. SF rejected again and again otherwise.

I don't think there's a connection, seeing how I saw this a number of times when I did LPs. Serenes is just a dick sometimes.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh hey, it's the game with the... designs.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Palace simply means "large/splendid house". It's not like it's exclusive for X group to use.

Feels a bit monarchy centric to me personally, but that's me looking at it like that in the moment.

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Fates moment.

A moment where you shrug your shoulders and nod, happy the gamble worked.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

No horny bard though

I mean, it's pretty much the start of our current campaign, albeit a lot happened in the bar that night.

33 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Feels

Unrelated but it took me a moment to see Lyon's Engagement. It's super subtle.

You know what I really wanna see tho? Engaged Wrys.

31 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I love how i am finding JP peeps translating english FE Engage stuff XD

It's not just us lmao

Is Japan not getting preview videos? That'd be absolutely hilarious. But I'm guessing they just want more, more, more news. I can relate.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unrelated but it took me a moment to see Lyon's Engagement. It's super subtle.

Turned out way better than what I was going for first.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know what I really wanna see tho? Engaged Wrys.

Not for this batch, although unless I hear different I'll have some spare days before Engage comes out to put them up. Though it'd probably be more like Sans with Wrys.

Actually, you know what? I'm going to spoil one because I'm not sure what I'm doing with her. Lilina. I've been trying to take people who relate to them in some form, some like Elincia end up kinda boring from this (And only now do I realise if I hadn't been so restrictive I could have used Lucia or Geoffrey), others are.... hard to work with and others turn out great. Lilina's an issue because she has 3 different mothers and I don't know which I should pick or if I should just do them all.

25 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Turned out way better than what I was going for first.

I can see that, it's a great edit.

Not for this batch, although unless I hear different I'll have some spare days before Engage comes out to put them up. Though it'd probably be more like Sans with Wrys.

Dew it dammit.

Actually, you know what? I'm going to spoil one because I'm not sure what I'm doing with her. Lilina. I've been trying to take people who relate to them in some form, some like Elincia end up kinda boring from this (And only now do I realise if I hadn't been so restrictive I could have used Lucia or Geoffrey), others are.... hard to work with and others turn out great. Lilina's an issue because she has 3 different mothers and I don't know which I should pick or if I should just do them all.

Give her a beard like her dad's so you get extra hair for more colors.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Give her a beard like her dad's so you get extra hair for more colors.

Pfft.

No, but thanks for the mental image.

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

do all

A note: For some reason, Farina's official art is showing her as purple, while her in game sprite is all blue. Cipher compromised on purple hair and blue armour, but Heroes went all in on the sprite.

I'm picking the artwork because it's funnier than just using another blue on Lilina.

And yes, all at once is now being considered. Stop it me.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can see that, it's a great edit.

I think you'll enjoy the one that goes up tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dew it dammit.

trouble is who am I getting other colours from?

Please don't say Frost

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, fun, innit? I guess that's the new trend. If we lose, we'll just ransack the institutions! Because that worked out so well for Trump's fanbase, didn't it.

At least the pro-Bolsonaro folks are actually being arrested, which is better than just doing jack shit, which is what the US government did when pro-Trump folks strokes the capital.

@Armagon

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/01/bushiroad-games-and-hakama-announce-action-rpg-rear-sekai-for-switch

To call what they presented a "trailer" is generous.🤨 Nonetheless, I bring it up b/c its being developed by Hakama, the Marvelous subsidiary responsible for reviving Rune Factory (with its founding producer Yoshifumi Hashimoto in charge) after the original developer Neverland went bust in 2013. Claims to be an action RPG, male and female protagonist options from what it looks like leaves room for love, no guarantee of it though.

Also:

I know dynamic turn order turns you off from this. But at the least you'd be able to watch an LP of it once it's finished, if you'd be so interested.