Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, I just remembered.

Weeks/months ago I was conversing with someone over FE matters. At one point we joked about Byleth/Sothis forcing Edelgard and Rhea into, I kid you not, a ring/bracelet/necklace with the intention of "you two better work out your differences in there or so help me!" And perhaps even Byleth gets stuck too with them, forced to play mediator.

And now looking that CDE come in the same Emblem Bracelet for Engage and it's like... XD

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It was this or the getalong bracelet.

This is the letsgetiton bracelet

12 minutes ago, 3PercentCrit said:

Anyways I'm excited for Engage. I haven't actually played FE in a while now and it'll probably be just what I need to get the motivation to finally continue FE4

I hope you end up enjoying FE4, when you finally get around to finishing it, as it is my favorites.

As for Engage, I am optimistic about the gameplay, as it sounds like it will be a fun game to play, but it is hard to tell before I get a chance to play it (or see it played), although I am less optimistic about the story.

8 minutes ago, ping said:

So basically, transgenderism is/was just perceived as a specific expression of homosexuality.

That puts into context a fair bit of what Ice Dragon was saying about the Japanese translation of Kyza in that older thread, and the ambiguity of whether they were supposed to be trans or gay in Japanese.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

me with Engage.

these 10 days will be too long.

I'm kinda the opposite way lol. I need more time to get out of this difficulty spike and finish Lonely Mirror. But I don't think I'm gonna be able, and then it's gonna take me a lot longer to get through... Oh, well.

Not to mention i am just getting more and more unattached to...everything, so i am hoping Engage will make me feel some joy again lol

That job's really eating your soul up, is it... My sympathies.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I need more time to get out of this difficulty spike and finish Lonely Mirror.

Good luck.

I need to finish Mario Xcom 2 as well. I am halfway through, atm at the end of the forest.

Wanna finish Utamid as well...but meh, not too hung up on that.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That job's really eating your soul up, is it.

Less the job, and more the routine.

I FUCKING HATE routines like this. More than anything.

Even back before my illness, while i worked on something i enjoyed much more and loved, i felt the same.

I feel like a fucking machine.

Work, rest, sleep.

Repeat.

And i kinda lose the will to do anything else, including stuff i love, even of free days/time. And i feel less human by the day, more a machine wearing human skin. Well, i did have a reputation of being a cold person back then, i guess i am getting into that again.

Seeing the sun outside makes me just yearn to go take a walk and forget everything else. But nope, workey work.

What makes it all worse is that i am a night owl - a good night sleep is pretty much impossible if i have to wake up early, even if i go to bed early. The weekend is spent catching up on sleep.

Tl;DR: 40 hours/week can go suck a dick. Yeah i don't have to look over every cent anymore like my student/part time days, but to call this living would be a lie.

My sympathies.

tyty

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

And i realise this might sound like "ranting on a high level", having a decent paying job in a country with strong worker rights in high inflation times should make me one of the luckier persons on the planet, but sometimes...

Honestly, thinking of people in less fortunate positions just makes me more...done with everything, and how powerless one is to change it.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And i realise this might sound like "ranting on a high level", having a decent paying job in a country with strong worker rights in high inflation times should me one of the luckier persons on the planet, but sometimes...

Honestly, thinking of people in less fortunate positions just makes me more...done with everything, and how powerless one is to change it.

I’d say try to find something to do in your off hours that brings meaning to your life Shrimp-kun. I find reading to be very ennobling and in a few weeks I’m going to wield the red sword of defiance against FE Engage.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And then everyone derided that one for being badly written, so it's likely it'll never happen again because now everyone associates "female doctor" with "bad doctor." Even if that's profoundly unfair.

I wouldn't write it off entirely. Not counting the weird people, a lot of people's problems with the 13th Doctor was really more of the writing and less that the Doctor was a woman. I'm sure if a more competent writer did it, people would be fine with it. After all, the female incarnation of The Master, the Doctor's personal arch-nemesis, was praised and is arguably the favorite incarnation of The Master for many.

Amazing chemistry and dynamic with The Doctor, combined with a great performance from the actress and a pretty great character arc across the three seasons she was in.

3 hours ago, 3PercentCrit said:

The other day I had mentioned Celeste in front of my uncle and he had pulled me to the side to tell me that the game was a "bad influence"  because the developer "supported evil causes" and told me to refund the game. I just kind of pretended to not know what he meant and didn't do anything.

This reminds me that my mom has had the "Pokemon is Satanic" phase more than once. But like she always forgets about it anyways and I'm pretty sure she doesn't know any Pokemon besides Pikachu. Because she's seen me play Violet and she didn't say anything about it.

Honestly she doesn't seem to mind that much what I play.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

although I am less optimistic about the story.

I'm just expecting good vibes, I don't think I'll actually be engaged (heh) in Engage's plot.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This reminds me that my mom has had the "Pokemon is Satanic" phase more than once. But like she always forgets about it anyways and I'm pretty sure she doesn't know any Pokemon besides Pikachu. Because she's seen me play Violet and she didn't say anything about it.

Honestly she doesn't seem to mind that much what I play.

Nobody seems to care anymore besides my uncle because "Kids these days grow up too fast." I do remember how my grandmother told me when I was about 10 that Pokémon was too violent, and when I was about 12 that Jurassic Park is "Too scary for you." Lately she's gotten better at not trying to be the parent of other people's children though.

I was relatively young when I played an M game for the first time (Skyrim when I was 10) so now I mostly am not phased by most things in games. (Still can't convince me to play Subnautica though.)

Edited by 3PercentCrit

But honestly yeah, idk if Time-Lords truly count as trans rep because them being gender-fluid is more of fact of their biology. Regeneration only happens after a fatal wound and under normal circumstances, Time-Lords don't get to pick what they'll even regenerate into. 

I'm legitimately curious as to what you all think because this is one of those unique Doctor Who things.

3 minutes ago, 3PercentCrit said:

Nobody seems to care anymore besides my uncle because "Kids these days grow up too fast." I do remember how my grandmother told me when I was about 10 that Pokémon was too violent, and when I was about 12 that Jurassic Park is "Too scary for you." Lately she's gotten better at not trying to be the parent of other people's children though.

My mom is in the "Harry Potter isn't good for you because witchcraft" schtick right now.

Which hey, fine by me, there are better franchises out there.

(I would like to make it clear that these are isolated instances and honestly she doesn't really care most of the time).

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, David Tennant is the Doctor again? Huh, neat.

60th anniversary special moment.

Just for a little bit, he'll pass on the TARDIS keys to Ncuti Gatwa, the 15th Doctor, by the end.

Edited by Armagon

On 1/9/2023 at 6:49 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Out there provin' why I never use her.

I finally did chapter 14x and I think I experienced the peak of comedy. Ignoring the 3 times I had to reset because Devil axe man decided to land a 20% hit/25% crit and also kill himself once , someone kicked the bucket in my winning run. I didn't brought along Sophia because the poor thing just couldn't do anything with the wether forecast predicting massive in door lighting strikes , but I looked at the map and told myself : "Hey ! A flier would be great here !"

So my Shanna alongside my Geese tackled the pirates and berserker on the main island mostly Geese , Shanna softened up the berserker by removing 20 HPs in 2 round of combat and critted a wyvern for 9 points of damage so the logical conclusion was to bring her along to the rest of my squad so she could do some rescue dropping. I don't know why but at one point I was carrying Lugh around with her , you know , orphan boy , probably weigh less than a box of feathers. With 11 res , I was confident with not barriering her and decided to focus on the characters that really needed it like my Sue , Bartre and Trec.

However , I failed to consider the fact that Shanna is Shanna.

The boss saw the funny flying horse and decided that it would make for a good target practice and decided to give it his all. Now , even when carrying someone around and halving her speed , she has 21 speed so it would be at 10 at worse. And well , if I get hit , whatever , she can handled one strike , she has 11 res.

... She got one rounded from full health. 31 health points. My angelic robe down the drain. I think this is the most FE6 thing that could have happened to me.

Lugh then suffered a near death experience as he had to dodge a lighting bolt at 1 HP and had to retreat to the base alongside Roy , Saul and Geese. I then proceeded to wait 10 turns for the ground to rose up so the rest of my squad could get on the other side , and then realized that I had to cross a good 7 tiles of water so I asked Geese to carry around Roy litteraly , and figuratively.

While Shanna's death deeply saddened me , I honestly value the +1 strength and +2 speed Geese got through level up much more than """flier utility""". It's okay , Roy will carry Shanna's legacy by still only having 5 strength by chapter 15.

Talking about chapter 15 , I am thrilled to announce that I have to deploy my level 1 Lilina with 0 exp and put her in range of a promoted berserker , alongside Sophia because the poor thing has to get going at some point. Noah and Geese are looking at me from the bench with deep concern for what's going forward , and Saul is drooling at Sophia's guiding ring very intensely. And let's say that my initial plan for chapter 16 changed a little bit.

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But honestly yeah, idk if Time-Lords truly count as trans rep because them being gender-fluid is more of fact of their biology. Regeneration only happens after a fatal wound and under normal circumstances, Time-Lords don't get to pick what they'll even regenerate into. 

I'm legitimately curious as to what you all think because this is one of those unique Doctor Who things.

As one of those who felt a bit mixed about it prior (Back in like Master changes period), I think not giving a crap has been helpful.

22 minutes ago, Loliko said:

Roy will carry Shanna's legacy by still only having 5 strength by chapter 15.

BOI

Edited by Punished Dayni

Good luck.

I need to finish Mario Xcom 2 as well. I am halfway through, atm at the end of the forest.

Wanna finish Utamid as well...but meh, not too hung up on that.

I probably won't be able to finish it. I suppose I'll just have to take it slow in the midst of Vandad Emblem.

Less the job, and more the routine.

I FUCKING HATE routines like this. More than anything.

Even back before my illness, while i worked on something i enjoyed much more and loved, i felt the same.

I feel like a fucking machine.

Work, rest, sleep.

Repeat.

And i kinda lose the will to do anything else, including stuff i love, even of free days/time. And i feel less human by the day, more a machine wearing human skin. Well, i did have a reputation of being a cold person back then, i guess i am getting into that again.

Seeing the sun outside makes me just yearn to go take a walk and forget everything else. But nope, workey work.

What makes it all worse is that i am a night owl - a good night sleep is pretty much impossible if i have to wake up early, even if i go to bed early. The weekend is spent catching up on sleep.

Tl;DR: 40 hours/week can go suck a dick. Yeah i don't have to look over every cent anymore like my student/part time days, but to call this living would be a lie.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And i realise this might sound like "ranting on a high level", having a decent paying job in a country with strong worker rights in high inflation times should make me one of the luckier persons on the planet, but sometimes...

No, no, I can see your point. Routines can get on one's nerves, and if you have trouble sleeping it feels like you waste all of your free time resting, which fucking blows.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I wouldn't write it off entirely. Not counting the weird people, a lot of people's problems with the 13th Doctor was really more of the writing and less that the Doctor was a woman. I'm sure if a more competent writer did it, people would be fine with it. After all, the female incarnation of The Master, the Doctor's personal arch-nemesis, was praised and is arguably the favorite incarnation of The Master for many.

Amazing chemistry and dynamic with The Doctor, combined with a great performance from the actress and a pretty great character arc across the three seasons she was in.

With luck, you will be right and a female doctor happens again.

1 hour ago, Loliko said:

I finally did chapter 14x and I think I experienced the peak of comedy. Ignoring the 3 times I had to reset because Devil axe man decided to land a 20% hit/25% crit and also kill himself once , someone kicked the bucket in my winning run. I didn't brought along Sophia because the poor thing just couldn't do anything with the wether forecast predicting massive in door lighting strikes , but I looked at the map and told myself : "Hey ! A flier would be great here !"

So my Shanna alongside my Geese tackled the pirates and berserker on the main island mostly Geese , Shanna softened up the berserker by removing 20 HPs in 2 round of combat and critted a wyvern for 9 points of damage so the logical conclusion was to bring her along to the rest of my squad so she could do some rescue dropping. I don't know why but at one point I was carrying Lugh around with her , you know , orphan boy , probably weigh less than a box of feathers. With 11 res , I was confident with not barriering her and decided to focus on the characters that really needed it like my Sue , Bartre and Trec.

However , I failed to consider the fact that Shanna is Shanna.

The boss saw the funny flying horse and decided that it would make for a good target practice and decided to give it his all. Now , even when carrying someone around and halving her speed , she has 21 speed so it would be at 10 at worse. And well , if I get hit , whatever , she can handled one strike , she has 11 res.

... She got one rounded from full health. 31 health points. My angelic robe down the drain. I think this is the most FE6 thing that could have happened to me.

She got doubled by a bolting?

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice out there provin' why peggies knights are the best.

1 hour ago, Loliko said:

Lugh then suffered a near death experience as he had to dodge a lighting bolt at 1 HP and had to retreat to the base alongside Roy , Saul and Geese. I then proceeded to wait 10 turns for the ground to rose up so the rest of my squad could get on the other side , and then realized that I had to cross a good 7 tiles of water so I asked Geese to carry around Roy litteraly , and figuratively.

Fucking 14x, seriously. Horrible, horrible map, and this is coming from someone who likes 6.

1 hour ago, Loliko said:

While Shanna's death deeply saddened me , I honestly value the +1 strength and +2 speed Geese got through level up much more than """flier utility""".

If there ever was a perfect description of pegasus knights... Seriously, pros are all "flier utility" this and that, put the shitty early peggies on the S tier and refuse to elaborate. What does that mean, guys? What the heck do I do with a worthless unit that gets to places really fast and can't do anything once it's there?

1 hour ago, Loliko said:

It's okay , Roy will carry Shanna's legacy by still only having 5 strength by chapter 15.

...Okay, to be fair, at least peggies aren't Roy...

1 hour ago, Loliko said:

Talking about chapter 15 , I am thrilled to announce that I have to deploy my level 1 Lilina with 0 exp and put her in range of a promoted berserker , alongside Sophia because the poor thing has to get going at some point. Noah and Geese are looking at me from the bench with deep concern for what's going forward , and Saul is drooling at Sophia's guiding ring very intensely. And let's say that my initial plan for chapter 16 changed a little bit.

Hahahah... Oh man. What an emotional rollercoaster this is being.

To quickly comment on the Rosado thing : As long as the character is not shamed by others for how he wants to express himself or is presented as a creep , I'm fine with it.

I do admit that making his hair color being white with shades of blue and pink is a bit on the nose , especially with a myriad of other factors (JP voice fluctuating between girlish and boyish , desire to learn cooking with Goldmary , ore pronoun used , obsession with cute and pretty stuff , drawing his liege because he admires how cute she is , and so on) , and I couldn't blame anyone for thinking they might have been trans to some regard. It's also important to note that not all supports are out , and perhaps one of them could end up as "Rosado , you can be what you want and experiment with different identities" which would honestly be a very good outcome for Rosado's character and something I could see happen with Hortensia , Goldmary or Alear. It'd be a simple but respectable way to tackle LGBT stuff : not just putting one specific label on a character and instead letting them choose what they want to be which is a more encouraging mentality for people struggling with this kind of stuff.

It's also important to note that with characters like Testament and Bridget from Guilty Gear Strive showing up barely half a year ago , Japan still consider these kind of LGBT characters , but Daisuke (GG creator) is also someone that enjoys putting the spotlight on minorities with his characters in general.

It's also possible that Rosado's identity would never be brought up all that much , and simply be considered a normal thing in Elusia and the other kingdoms , people crossdress , it's no big deal. Instead they would focus on stuff like Rosado's artists skills , his optimism helping other characters with confidence issues (Lapis and Alcryst comes to mind) , or just general fashion talk. I could see him having a conversation with Zelkov showing off a hidden collection of plushies that he was obsessed with some times ago since the guy apparently has 15 hobbies , as an example. I just hope they'll differentiate him from Forrest enough to not feel like a repeat and do something different.

Ultimately , while the opportunity for a trans character was here , as long as they don't actively try to present the character as being "in the wrong" for who he is I'm fine with it. I hope this kind of topic isn't too heavy for this thread , but still felt like it was important to at least give my 2 cents since I'm pretty affected by those kind of discussions.

3 minutes ago, Loliko said:

To quickly comment on the Rosado thing : As long as the character is not shamed by others for how he wants to express himself or is presented as a creep , I'm fine with it.

I do admit that making his hair color being white with shades of blue and pink is a bit on the nose , especially with a myriad of other factors (JP voice fluctuating between girlish and boyish , desire to learn cooking with Goldmary , ore pronoun used , obsession with cute and pretty stuff , drawing his liege because he admires how cute she is , and so on) , and I couldn't blame anyone for thinking they might have been trans to some regard. It's also important to note that not all supports are out , and perhaps one of them could end up as "Rosado , you can be what you want and experiment with different identities" which would honestly be a very good outcome for Rosado's character and something I could see happen with Hortensia , Goldmary or Alear. It'd be a simple but respectable way to tackle LGBT stuff : not just putting one specific label on a character and instead letting them choose what they want to be which is a more encouraging mentality for people struggling with this kind of stuff.

It's also important to note that with characters like Testament and Bridget from Guilty Gear Strive showing up barely half a year ago , Japan still consider these kind of LGBT characters , but Daisuke (GG creator) is also someone that enjoys putting the spotlight on minorities with his characters in general.

It's also possible that Rosado's identity would never be brought up all that much , and simply be considered a normal thing in Elusia and the other kingdoms , people crossdress , it's no big deal. Instead they would focus on stuff like Rosado's artists skills , his optimism helping other characters with confidence issues (Lapis and Alcryst comes to mind) , or just general fashion talk. I could see him having a conversation with Zelkov showing off a hidden collection of plushies that he was obsessed with some times ago since the guy apparently has 15 hobbies , as an example. I just hope they'll differentiate him from Forrest enough to not feel like a repeat and do something different.

Ultimately , while the opportunity for a trans character was here , as long as they don't actively try to present the character as being "in the wrong" for who he is I'm fine with it. I hope this kind of topic isn't too heavy for this thread , but still felt like it was important to at least give my 2 cents since I'm pretty affected by those kind of discussions.

Oh no, believe me, we've gotten into worse scuffles lol. We like a good argument here, though I'll say, it is rather beautiful that these things CAN be talked about in this place, unlike... y'know, a lot of other places on the internet where it would degenerate into complete horror.

Anyway, I like this take. While I still personally would like for them to stick to their guns and make Rosado a bit of an asshole, I think I'll be fine as long as they handle him tastefully. And please, for the love of God, don't make all of his C supports consist entirely of "hey person I am actually a boy, express shock." Please. Pleaseee.

Daga Otoko Da

Anyway, I'd say, I look forward to see the full extent of Emblems. I kinda want to start making theoretical builds on how other FE characters could work if they were Emblems too.

Oh, by the way, Path of the Midnight Sun came out. For those in the know, that's the full indie developed by the creator of Midnight Sun, one of the most famous Fire Emblem hacks from the old days, which was discontinued in favor of its full game counterpart. Which is now out.

Sadly, they made the leap to traditional(ish) JRPG, so I haven't much interest. But if someone checks it out, please do let me know how it goes!

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Daga Otoko Da

Anyway, I'd say, I look forward to see the full extent of Emblems. I kinda want to start making theoretical builds on how other FE characters could work if they were Emblems too.

I really want to know which Emblem grants punching proficiency so I can start making more brawlers.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I really want to know which Emblem grants punching proficiency so I can start making more brawlers.

All things considered, it's likely going to be Byleth.

They should give Rosado a chad voice, like Riku from Xenoblade 3.

And while some of Engage's designs have grown on me, my opinion on the artstyle is still pretty mixed--

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Nevermind, it's good.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And then everyone derided that one for being badly written, so it's likely it'll never happen again because now everyone associates "female doctor" with "bad doctor." Even if that's profoundly unfair.

I was going to say something about me having many female medical doctors over the years, but then I saw you were talking about Doctor Who. Now that I think about it, I wonder if the Doctor has a doctorate in anything. Or maybe he has an honorary doctorate, like Dr. Seuss.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

They should give Rosado a chad voice, like Riku from Xenoblade 3.

He does have a surprisingly deep voice in English.

while some of Engage's designs have grown on me, my opinion on the artstyle is still pretty mixed--

Nevermind, it's good.

Power of horny, huh.

That does not work on me.

I was going to say something about me having many female medical doctors over the years, but then I saw you were talking about Doctor Who. Now that I think about it, I wonder if the Doctor has a doctorate in anything. Or maybe he has an honorary doctorate, like Dr. Seuss.

The Doctor is a fraud. How the mighty have fallen.