• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course not, I'm in Spain!

I will find you and get you to show us your Paella ways. (I have still never tried Paella).

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Apparently it's already outselling the new Pokemon for this month. And I mean, sure, it's 2 months old and also universally hated, but hey. We're beating Pokemon in any capacity! That's incredible!

Well "universally hated" is a stretch cuz the people that played it seem to like it, and the competitive scene seems a lot of fun and I am enjoying being present to see it develop.

16 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Like the Tellius Resolve skill...

Haha yes, that's definitely exatly what I meant haha

10 hours ago, ping said:

How quickly we forget...

Yes, but *I* didn't have the Masochist ability.

16 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh My...

Oh my indeed.

15 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

s4duVN6.png

Every time I see this image as I scroll past, I see the bi flag.

37 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Why in Shrimp's name is the picture for this thread just Benice?

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I find it hilarious how everyone in the reddit post is going "4 HOUNDS PLAYABLE YAY OR NAY." I know a lot of people want them, but with the massive villain energy they exhude I honestly wouldn't have too high hopes.

And "S-SUPPORT where"

Everywhere xD

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You truly have no idea of what you profane with your churlish mockery do you Shrimp-kun?

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Doesn't it tend to February the last few years?

I'd expect then myself.

Good to know. Having an idea of when ought to increase my tolerance for waiting my impatience indicates I check for gaming news too frequently anyhow.

I have several questions:

We're saying the older folks don't wash?

I think it has everything to do with Marvelous/Hakama's decision to let you see NPCs taking baths.

In prior games (minus maybe 4, which as I've repeatedly said before I never played), the most you got was seeing NPCs standing next to the entrance to of their gender's bath. You never actually saw them in the pools.

• Letting the NPCs go into the Japanese-styled baths themselves would be weird if they stayed dress in their normal clothing.
    • Going in as one would IRL would raise the game's rating unacceptably high without:
      • Lots of steam
      • Or, having characters instantly shed their clothing once they were submerged up to their waists or mammary glands in much-deeper and more opaque water than is presently ingame.
    • The developer presumably didn't want to make 16 bath towel/robe costume models either. (That 16 includes the two kids, maybe they would've been kicked out of being seen in the baths if it were towels instead of swimsuits as the decorum.)
    • And thus they resorted to using the swimsuit models while in the baths. Which is a suitable solution, I've seen it used before.

It's fair to say that older folk do bathe of course. It would be very weird if they didn't. Rune Factory Frontier had them doing so offscreen, since I remember Marco the kid still has to bathe with his mother (and share a bed with her), and I think Rita mother of the chubby bachelorette Eunice goes for soaks with her daughter. And on the male side there is old man Nolan who does absolutely nothing it seems except stand in the bathhouse why does he exist when Melody alone runs the place?

The issue, is that the devs probably just didn't want to waste resources making swimwear for the older people. Ignoring that Terry and Elsje have no reason to not be dateable. And they robbed us of Palmo in a thong!

Thus, you never see the old folk in the bathhouse whatsoever, even if they could've sorta resorted to the old solution of standing by the baths as if they've getting ready/just got out. No player is seriously going to linger in the steamy waters and question the realism/immersion of it seeing an old man stand in the changing area, but never actually change.

Are all possible times in the baths covered?

There is nothing stopping the game from putting in multiple people at once.:

20230110132119-1.jpg

Four of the bachelors enjoying an evening cleansing, with room left should Reinhard want to join in. (Murakumo can't, he usually washes himself early in the morning alone, presumably b/c he is the only one who runs the inn & baths and has to man the counter.) The minimap also indicates three of the ladies are in it together on their side and it looks like Fuuka will either join in or is leaving. 

I also really wish this game had a "fashion armor" option like Xenoblade right now. That hat might give the best Def value ATM, but it looks ridiculous.

Is there a reason we're seeing the kids?

I suppose they just thought that little kids ought to enjoy playing on the beach during the summer, and therefore deserve swimsuits. And then slipped them into the baths since they could?

Julian and Hina are treated well. Nothing distasteful in this game for the two children. Though Cecil does look ~14 despite being a marriage candidate. They wouldn't be the first children with swimsuits in the franchise, since I do remember Candy and Marco had them in Frontier (I don't think the ToD kids did).

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Speaking of that... I always thought it was pretty stupid that more countries don't use two surnames. One surname makes it VERY easy for "John Smith" situations to occur. Two surnames lowers the chances of it significantly. Be like Spain, people. Embrace two surnames.

With LGBTQ parenting a thing now, that might become more commonplace. But then would Isabella and Maria have children with quadruple surnames?

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Because at some point we were hardcore Catholics, of course!

Isn't that also partly why (I would imagine terrain and climate also played a major role) Spain embraced pork as its national meat? Antisemitism and Islamophobia at the dinner table.

1 hour ago, Loliko said:

In case anyone is wondering , chapter 16x is going great.

Capture d'écran_20230113_194404.png

Lesson of the day- two staffers with Restore cannot be assumed to be totally sufficient.😝 Have one for every enemy status staff user if you intend to enter their ranges all at once.

52 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Also since when the hell do these games have a cancer warning?

SQMNLIC.png

Typing in the link, it presumably means the plastic and other materials used to make the physical game card might be carcinogens. The list of said chemicals numbers 900+. 

This said, it is a warning put in place by California, the big left-leaning state that might be a little overprotective (better than the opposite though). And I doubt it'd the thing that causes a tumor in anyone. It's only a game card, you put in the console, you take it out, that's the brief physical contact you have with it, nothing else, no real chance of being contaminated. Not like you're using it as a posterior plug.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I wish I knew Setsuna in real life.

Visit an Oregonian collage, you'll meet several.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, just one week for Engage.

Oh boy I can't wait to play it in a few months.

39 minutes ago, Benice said:

I don't know! It's funny though.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Typing in the link, it presumably means the plastic and other materials used to make the physical game card might be carcinogens. The list of said chemicals numbers 900+. 

This said, it is a warning put in place by California, the big left-leaning state that might be a little overprotective (better than the opposite though). And I doubt it'd the thing that causes a tumor in anyone. It's only a game card, you put in the console, you take it out, that's the brief physical contact you have with it, nothing else, no real chance of being contaminated. Not like you're using it as a posterior plug.

Ah, that makes sense.

2 hours ago, Loliko said:

In case anyone is wondering , chapter 16x is going great.

Capture d'écran_20230113_194404.png

That's 16x alright.

1 hour ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Hi people, hey wouldn't it be super cool if we could get to 802,701 in this thread?

I mean, almost 13 years and not even 1/8 of the way there... that's an oof.

This is apparently post 145315 in this thread

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

kfgx96gqzuba1.png

it's out in the wild

I think that might be the cue to retreat from Teehee.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Good to know. Having an idea of when ought to increase my tolerance for waiting my impatience indicates I check for gaming news too frequently anyhow.

It was 9th Feb last year I think, though that was earlier than the year before.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is nothing stopping the game from putting in multiple people at once.:

20230110132119-1.jpg

Four of the bachelors enjoying an evening cleansing, with room left should Reinhard want to join in. (Murakumo can't, he usually washes himself early in the morning alone, presumably b/c he is the only one who runs the inn & baths and has to man the counter.) The minimap also indicates three of the ladies are in it together on their side and it looks like Fuuka will either join in or is leaving. 

I also really wish this game had a "fashion armor" option like Xenoblade right now. That hat might give the best Def value ATM, but it looks ridiculous.

So these are public baths in a very apparent sense.

I think it has everything to do with Marvelous/Hakama's decision to let you see NPCs taking baths.

In prior games (minus maybe 4, which as I've repeatedly said before I never played), the most you got was seeing NPCs standing next to the entrance to of their gender's bath. You never actually saw them in the pools.

• Letting the NPCs go into the Japanese-styled baths themselves would be weird if they stayed dress in their normal clothing.
    • Going in as one would IRL would raise the game's rating unacceptably high without:
      • Lots of steam
      • Or, having characters instantly shed their clothing once they were submerged up to their waists or mammary glands in much-deeper and more opaque water than is presently ingame.
    • The developer presumably didn't want to make 16 bath towel/robe costume models either. (That 16 includes the two kids, maybe they would've been kicked out of being seen in the baths if it were towels instead of swimsuits as the decorum.)
    • And thus they resorted to using the swimsuit models while in the baths. Which is a suitable solution, I've seen it used before.

It's fair to say that older folk do bathe of course. It would be very weird if they didn't. Rune Factory Frontier had them doing so offscreen, since I remember Marco the kid still has to bathe with his mother (and share a bed with her), and I think Rita mother of the chubby bachelorette Eunice goes for soaks with her daughter. And on the male side there is old man Nolan who does absolutely nothing it seems except stand in the bathhouse why does he exist when Melody alone runs the place?

The issue, is that the devs probably just didn't want to waste resources making swimwear for the older people. Ignoring that Terry and Elsje have no reason to not be dateable. And they robbed us of Palmo in a thong!

Thus, you never see the old folk in the bathhouse whatsoever, even if they could've sorta resorted to the old solution of standing by the baths as if they've getting ready/just got out. No player is seriously going to linger in the steamy waters and question the realism/immersion of it seeing an old man stand in the changing area, but never actually change.

All reasonable points, sometimes what might seem obvious if you think realistically adds more to the scope of what is a small part of the game, more than may be considered worthwhile.

I suppose they just thought that little kids ought to enjoy playing on the beach during the summer, and therefore deserve swimsuits. And then slipped them into the baths since they could?

Julian and Hina are treated well. Nothing distasteful in this game for the two children. Though Cecil does look ~14 despite being a marriage candidate. They wouldn't be the first children with swimsuits in the franchise, since I do remember Candy and Marco had them in Frontier (I don't think the ToD kids did).

Just making sure.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Unless you're licking it.

For whatever reason.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

With LGBTQ parenting a thing now, that might become more commonplace. But then would Isabella and Maria have children with quadruple surnames?

I'm pretty sure it'd just be passing down one surname as usual.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

We will use spoiler tags here

right...

right?

It's more like I should retreat from FE fanbases until I pick it up at this rate!

Considering I'd like to see if I can't save while getting it, that's me just trying to be cheap.

1 hour ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I will find you and get you to show us your Paella ways. (I have still never tried Paella).

Ask my dad, he's the master here.

Well "universally hated" is a stretch cuz the people that played it seem to like it, and the competitive scene seems a lot of fun and I am enjoying being present to see it develop.

Ah, well, I guess more controversial than other Pokemons, then.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

It's you, Benice. You're the 802,701! We're trying to reach you!

And "S-SUPPORT where"

Everywhere xD

Yeah that dream's dead.

32 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

8sy3hozcgvba1.jpg

LMAO

Look at all those 32 year olds.

Can I recruit them?

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

With LGBTQ parenting a thing now, that might become more commonplace.

I mean, here kids just take their dad's first surname for their first, and their mom's first for their second. Not sure how it works with LGBTQ couples. Maybe they toss a coin.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm pretty sure it'd just be passing down one surname as usual.

John Smith. Son of Mr. Smith and Mr. Smith.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

SQMNLIC.png

Classic.

Not as classic as if you make Arran do it, though.

Maybe it's there to try and deter those idiots out there licking Switch cartridges?

18 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I think that might be the cue to retreat from Teehee.

Eh, not here, but everywhere else? I'd say it'd be prudent.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

We will use spoiler tags here

right...

right?

From what I recall, the fanbase was generally dilligent with Houses. At least the places I went to.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

R4K9aAJ.jpg

Whee!

Spoiler

Gh8U55F.jpg

ogKzjLc.jpg

Well that didn't take fucking long :lol: I expected Loghain to lose patience with the king sooner or later, but I didn't think he'd just let the mindlessly destructive quasi-demonic force murder everything. If he's actually looking for a power grab, being the queen dowager's dad, I expect very bad publicity, given how unsubtle he was about it, too. Curious to see where this goes, reactions in the thread suggest that he's not just an asshat, after all.

^ actual DA:O spoilers

UthvoWB.jpg

Anyway, Whee! again.

Just now, ping said:

R4K9aAJ.jpg

Whee!

Hide contents

Gh8U55F.jpg

ogKzjLc.jpg

Well that didn't take fucking long :lol: I expected Loghain to lose patience with the king sooner or later, but I didn't think he'd just let the mindlessly destructive quasi-demonic force murder everything. If he's actually looking for a power grab, being the queen dowager's dad, I expect very bad publicity, given how unsubtle he was about it, too. Curious to see where this goes, reactions in the thread suggest that he's not just an asshat, after all.

^ actual DA:O spoilers

UthvoWB.jpg

Anyway, Whee! again.

Spoiler

I mean, keep in mind the Loghain praise came from the guy with Rainbow Garon as his pfp

1 week remaining boys…

17 hours ago, Benice said:

Dammit that should have been my yearbook quote.

You keep making comments about your yearbook quote. What did it actually end up being?

16 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

HtV8nFP.png

I choose only the truth, nothing more.

LETS GO

16 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

eCNTIsF.png

TIL the game changes the color of the bottom screen depending on your character’s gender. That’s dumb, why can’t you just pick the color yourself (iirc you can’t change it)?

kfgx96gqzuba1.png

it's out in the wild

Timerra on the back, let’s go

Dumb question: how/why is it out in the wild now?

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

I mean, keep in mind the Loghain praise came from the guy with Rainbow Garon as his pfp

Spoiler

You didn't have to spoil that he's going to adopt the main character

Just now, Sooks said:

Timerra on the back, let’s go

I spot Vandad as well.

Just now, Sooks said:

Dumb question: how/why is it out in the wild now?

Every single big game gets out before it's supposed to. It just happens.