Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, joevar said:

reach the level of 3D models like in Tales of Arise where it surpassed its own 2D illustrations

Do you mean in terms of depth or animating? If it's the latter, i would say they could have used some work. XD

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 hours ago, ping said:

That's most of Wakka's character arc, isn't it? He's an antisemite antialbhedite because of religious indoctrination plus personal tragedy plus not being very bright, but he eventually gets over it when he gets in contact with them, witnesses the abuse they suffer, and learns that his basically-adopted-sister is half-Al Bhed.

Basically, he's Final Fantasy's genderflipped Jill, down to the hair colour

Yep, pretty much.

Well, FFX was first, so more like Jill being genderflipped Wakka.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Do you mean in terms of depth or animating? If it's the latter, i would say they could have used some work. XD

i would say both, but its been a long time since i played it so didnt really remember it anymore how good(or  even bad) their animation. but depth definitely is. 

Tei: Mika Pikazo-san has been playing the Fire Emblem series for quite a while, and she had a lot of knowledge about older titles in the series. She gave us many ideas like, “Let’s make Alear’s hair color red and blue,” or things like, “For Clanne and Franne, green and red might be good,” considering the previous titles in the series.

Mika is an Elitist confirmed?

Higuchi: The character I thought, “Whoa, who is this?” about the most was Yunaka. Her personality and the way she talks is nothing like the characters we had before. At first, I had mixed feelings, but then as we progressed through the development, I got more and more curious about her. (Laughs) Now she’s one of my favorites.

Nakanishi: I really like Franne. Throughout the series, many of the healer-type soldiers were unable to attack and had to be protected, but this time, there’s a Monk class that's good at hand-to-hand combat to fight in battle. These kinds of healer-type characters are easily targeted, but it’s fun because now you can fight back on your own.

i see

Nakanishi: This game is designed so that the battling motions will change as the characters level up. For example, in the beginning, the character will just simply dodge the attack from enemies. But as they get stronger, they will counterattack while parrying, or slash at flying arrows with a sword, and so the motion changes as the character grows stronger. These kinds of details are also fun.

sickkkkk

Fmr2ywUXoAEryC3?format=jpg&name=large

Fmr2ywVXwAEebB8?format=jpg&name=large

Fmr2yweXgAIIsX7?format=jpg&name=large

Fmr2ywZWIAAgQcW?format=jpg&name=large

BRO IS CONFUSED 

Fmr6wpcWQAMys1Y?format=jpg&name=large

'I DID THINK IT WAS ODD THAT HE WASN'T FLOATING BUT MAYBE HE WAS JUST TIRED" LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok i think Engage/Heroes convos actually will be good.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

This game is designed so that the battling motions will change as the characters level up. For example, in the beginning, the character will just simply dodge the attack from enemies. But as they get stronger, they will counterattack while parrying, or slash at flying arrows with a sword, and so the motion changes as the character grows stronger. These kinds of details are also fun.

Oh it's gonna be peak peak.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok i think Engage/Heroes convos actually will be good.

Oh my god they are tempting me to install Heroes again with this kek

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh it's gonna be peak peak.

https://old.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/10f8tgr/combat_animations_change_as_a_character_levels_up/

Alear badass evading

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh no, he knows, it's just that should Caeda overhear...

"Marth, did you got engaged to someone else!?"

"Marth, Engage with me!"

Caeda, materializing behind both of them

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

i see

I'd say, not quite fully on board with that. To me it was more fun having to strategically account that I'd have units that wouldn't fight back as they'd have other roles. And they being only like 10% of your roster was still a good ratio. If everyone can just fight back... well, that just makes it a bit more monotonous.

It's something I do think FE has... or had, over SRW.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

There will be alot of Marthlear smutfics on the net won't there be lmao

And probably more Caeda related jokes about she being the one already engaging Marth. XD

"Hey, you can't engage with him! I'm already doing that!"

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I still love that this is groundbreaking news lmao.

Buff girls are always groundbreaking news.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

weakness.jpg

Sorry.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

after actually playing it... papa vander actually looks weird. big beard with sparkly eyes and thick eyelashes makes a horrifying strange combination

My beard went white from the snow when I went to work this morning.

The thought that I probably looked a bit like Vandad amazes me.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

what is this feature even. (again dunno if someone already cover this feature, spoiler just in case)

Hide contents

waitw.jpg.543e90cdae183cda69a543847ea1fc62.jpg

i got goosebump when this appear, i legit thought to myself: "we got Fire Emblem ASMR as feature now?!"

Engage is peak dating sims for FE now. like.. come on, why is everybody take turn coming into our room when we're sleeping.. thats rude you know, wheres my privacy.

It's not peak dating sims unless it actively forces me to do it for gameplay benefits.

50 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Have you considered buying Freedom Planet or Freedom Planet 2 instead?

Not really in the mood for a platformer right now, but they do look neat.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

sickkkkk

That's really fucking cool, though.

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, not quite fully on board with that. To me it was more fun having to strategically account that I'd have units that wouldn't fight back as they'd have other roles. And they being only like 10% of your roster was still a good ratio. If everyone can just fight back... well, that just makes it a bit more monotonous.

It's something I do think FE has... or had, over SRW.

I think it's mechanically necessary for this game in particular.

Then again, Three Houses didn't have any staffbots either.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

"This is the first character I'm wondering what kind of girl she is"

You designed the character lmao.

35 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Engage with the OT3?

Sure, why not. And now Catria in shambles.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think it's mechanically necessary for this game in particular.

Then again, Three Houses didn't have any staffbots either.

As in needing every attacker you can get?

Fates was the last game with them, as it stands now.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And now Catria in shambles.

When a dragon from the Emblem afterlife(atleast i think it is, this is not a spoiler) has more action with your crush then you do

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lucky bastard.

Gonna be a loooooooong work day tomorrow

Hopefully it arrives safe...

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lucky bastard.

Well tomorrow is Friday for you guys. I have to wait two days from my perspective.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As in needing every attacker you can get?

Yeah cause like between Emblem Engage, Break WTA, the Class-Types, etc.

10 hours ago, joevar said:

the closest we get to confirmation that SRW universe being canon here

Shame it's almost certainly a waste of EN in AP.

1 hour ago, joevar said:

Engage is peak dating sims for FE now. like.. come on, why is everybody take turn coming into our room when we're sleeping.. thats rude you know, wheres my privacy.

Somniel is Versailles. Alear must participate in lever and coucher, they might be a dragon god, but it is necessary to make the deity accessible to all. One might say an austere god who withdraws from the affairs of mortals is the proper way they should behave. Yet the wisest of Alear's world disagree, a divinity remote, is a divinity who shall fall out of the people's favor. For what point is devotion to an almighty being, who even when awake, is aloof from their suffering? As the People's God, Alear must live a life in every way public. Such is the burden of their blood, such is their fate.

6 hours ago, ping said:

That's most of Wakka's character arc, isn't it? He's an antisemite antialbhedite because of religious indoctrination plus personal tragedy plus not being very bright, but he eventually gets over it when he gets in contact with them, witnesses the abuse they suffer, and learns that his basically-adopted-sister is half-Al Bhed.

I don't exactly have strong feelings towards the FFX cast, but Wakka works as a "rural, kind, but not exactly open-minded/cosmopolitan" cliche, that thankfully gets his worldview fixed.