Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No he gives you money xD

Vandad Simpdad?

Plot twist: FE4 remake has holy blood users Jojo summoning the crusaders

So that's why i had units in ch5 that i got on ch3 get the "5 times deployed achivement" lmao

The game is so fucking tightly designed so far. It really is Fates all over again. Heck, might even be more tightly designed, although not as hard.

Here are a few examples:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Vandad can't one round anything. Just like a Jagen should, he is a great crutch. He can tank well, but they have enemy surprises with Ridersbane and chain attacks just for anyone that thinks "Let's send Jagen forward to tank"
  • Etie in her join chapter has exactly enough power to one shot the fliers. In the chapter after, she's 3 damage short from doing so....exactly what Alear's personal is for
  • Armors are the only ones who can tank, and they CAN TANK. Like finally. Add to that the whole no break thing and they finally have their niche. 

Oh, wait till you start playing skirmish..

All kinds of achievement pops up while you stuck figuring out the optimal strategy

Because the skirmish all are ruthless. Places to grind? Hah! Place to gain stress (and gameplay skills) more like

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, joevar said:

All kinds of achievement pops up while you stuck figuring out the optimal strategy

Because the skirmish all are ruthless. Places to grind? Hah! Place to gain stress (and gameplay skills) more like

Well good thing i pretty much never skirmish in FE

Except 3H maddening because god that was bad

1 hour ago, joevar said:

im sorry. i will stop praising it today.  will come back tomorrow tho

That will suffice.

46 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

No he gives you money xD

Vandad Simpdad?

But then he's not like Simpette, he's like Bernstool

The game is so fucking tightly designed so far. It really is Fates all over again. Heck, might even be more tightly designed, although not as hard.

I would argue that makes it better lol

Oh how I await the moment to experience this for myself.

Here are a few examples:

Hide contents
  • Vandad can't one round anything. Just like a Jagen should, he is a great crutch. He can tank well, but they have enemy surprises with Ridersbane and chain attacks just for anyone that thinks "Let's send Jagen forward to tank"
  • Etie in her join chapter has exactly enough power to one shot the fliers. In the chapter after, she's 3 damage short from doing so....exactly what Alear's personal is for
  • Armors are the only ones who can tank, and they CAN TANK. Like finally. Add to that the whole no break thing and they finally have their niche. 

9 more hours. 9... more... hours...

56 minutes ago, ping said:

There, there. You're guaranteed to Engage with Vandad before I do, even if the release in Spain is mysteriously delayed by another couple years.

That is not a consolation. I need 9 hours to pass.

31 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

FE's obsession with self-insert avatars and fully voice acted lines severely clash with each other.

If anything, it's going to make the avatar worship even worse going forward as now every character will address them by a trivial title, effectively dehumanizing and distancing themselves away from the rest of the cast as a character to continue to stroke the ego of the player.

Say what you will about Corrin and Robin, them being referred to just by name and not by some title definitely helped make them feel more grounded in the story.

It's even worse because, unlike Robin, Leth and Lear cannot be customized in the slightest. They have appearances, classes and weapon preferences of their own. Changing the name accomplishes very little and forces the voice acting to get creative.

16 minutes ago, joevar said:

The SKIRMISHES are difficult?

Peak FE

Peak FE is real

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The SKIRMISHES are difficult?

Peak FE

Peak FE is real

really ruben? you just ask not to excite you anymore, now you ask that?

i'll just put it in spoilers. viewer's discretion

Spoiler

short answer: yes

long answer: they gang-rush you at once from first turn including the boss with higher level + high number + better weapon on Hard

maybe this game has the least amount of bosses that like to put their asses on throne out of all FE. Granted, the enemies are spread evenly, also everyone got low MOV in this game. but still, failure to clear the waves means... you know the rest.

Edited by joevar

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It sounds like your really having fun so far! That's great!

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

You might already know this, but that’ll take quite a while. There’s a playlist on YouTube with all the events in chronological order (I’ve been working on watching it myself), and it’s like 16 and a half hours long.

That's good, it'll keep me occupied even after I finish the game.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You too, of course. Everyone's gonna get a turn before me. Cock...

Considering time zones, you'll probably get it before me at least. I just have to wait another eight hours.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In order to keep my mind from the lack of Engage, I have drawn.

Mah boi, Engage is what all true warriors strive for.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

see why Shrimpy had to reset on chapter 2, even if I made it out just fine.

>Beats Lumera on the second turn

"That was a bit easy"

>Lumera: "ok training wheels off".

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Clanne and Framme are fun.

Now if only Framme could kill....

I mean maybe she gets better but she has not gotten a single kill so far. Seems like it's RD rules where staffbots can fight but it's more of self-defense rather than a unit you actually want to be doing the attacking.

5 hours ago, joevar said:

not just any FE, but SRPG as a whole seems will benefit from FE. they really outdone themselves to the point i keep wondering how they will make next game as interesting as this when they ditch emblem, especially if its a remake.

Hmm well, I don't think you were here for that but I do consider Mario+Rabbids: Sparks of Hope to be the SRPG that clears the genre. So we will see but that was the praise I gave it after a lot of thinking.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be fair, if I'm not mistaken, at least Engage does have characters call Alear by name, the VAs just don't skip it. Inelegant, but it beats the entire population of the world calling Byleth "Professor" even when they're no longer a professor.

Alear is basically more equivalent to Link than a self-insert protagonist. All you can do is change the gender and name but the box blurb does refer to Alear by name and she has a legitimate presence in the cutscenes.

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

But to hype up Jugdral, yes, these two boyos are coming soon.

🫡

I hope you come out of those enjoying those games more than I did.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean maybe she gets better but she has not gotten a single kill so far. Seems like it's RD rules where staffbots can fight but it's more of self-defense rather than a unit you actually want to be doing the attacking.

Also for breaking Archers and (especially) Mages so you don't eat a counter attack while killing them

>Beats Lumera on the second turn

"That was a bit easy"

>Lumera: "ok training wheels off".

speaking about Lumera

Spoiler

I love how the characters don't Baby Alear ala Corrin, and she keeps telling him he has to fight and try harder

Or at the beginning when Vander went "WTF" when Alear ordered a retreat. Like he was asking the whole religion he grew up with lmao XD

Alear is basically more equivalent to Link than a self-insert protagonist.

Alear is a lord with some Avatar-ness tacked on tbh

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also for breaking Archers and (especially) Mages so you don't eat a counter attack while killing them

That is true. I haven't encountered enemy Mages so far.

Seems like she could be a good use for Emblem Sigurd. Walk up, disarm the Archer/Mage, retreat.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Alear is a lord with some Avatar-ness tacked on tbh

That's true but like compared to the previous Avatars, Alear feels the most like a proper character. 

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah.

Feels like IS itself is just sick of Avatars honestly but are bound by Avatar money kek

As long as they are bound by that S-Support obligation, we will continue to see them.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As long as they are bound by that S-Support obligation, we will continue to see them.

yup

You saw how half the fanbase almost went up in flames because Previews went "No romance" and the first thing leaks wanted confirm was "romance where"

Then again, as i said a few days ago, i don't see Avatars as Avatars or self-insert, but as their own character, so it's no problem for me aslong as they are fun.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yup

You saw how half the fanbase almost went up in flames because Previews went "No romance" and the first thing leaks wanted confirm was "romance where"

Hell I remember when Echoes came out, a game that by design would not have romance (well not matchmaker romance) and IGN at least took off points for that.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yup

Credit where credit is due, Engage did originally plan to feature child units and it seems it was gonna be built in to it ala FE4 and Awakening instead of Fates where it was put in because money.....but I'm glad they didn't.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Will IGN rate FE4 10/10 for being the OG matchmaker?

"The Battle of Belhalla may be a bold narrative choice but after spending hours grinding Support Points to romance *character*, seeing him/her and everyone else be killed right in front of me without me being able to do about it is just a big middle finger to the player's time. It feels like everything I did did not matter."

Bonus points if the avatar character is also killed.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ffs i wanna play but i have a headache and i am seeing black spots -> should sleep

But i can't sleep because Engage is living rent free in my head atm lmao

Can't play if you're too tired to do so. Rest.

"The Battle of Belhalla may be a bold narrative choice but after spending hours grinding Support Points to romance *character*, seeing him/her and everyone else be killed right in front of me without me being able to do about it is just a big middle finger to the player's time. It feels like everything I did did not matter."

Bonus points if the avatar character is also killed.

Oh man
That will cause massive popcorns, and i will be all here for it

Rest.

I am trying

finished work early and i am on bed atm xD

Will say I do wish there was an option to reload saves mid-battle. Battle Saves is nice and I'm used to going back to the title screen anyways but with all the QoL they added, would've been nice.

Edit: or have the Retry option ask if you want to do it over from the last save in addition to just repeating the whole thing.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Praying you get the chance sooner than you expect, Ruben!

Many thanks be to ye!

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Mah boi, Engage is what all true warriors strive for

I will take the Emblem of Genealogy to protect me. If you don't hear from me in a month, send Vander.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Alear is basically more equivalent to Link than a self-insert protagonist. All you can do is change the gender and name but the box blurb does refer to Alear by name and she has a legitimate presence in the cutscenes.

Awesome.

37 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ffs i wanna play but i have a headache and i am seeing black spots -> should sleep

But i can't sleep because Engage is living rent free in my head atm lmao

Playing a game with intense strategy usually causes headaches to be more bothersome so i would recommend not going that route! 

I pray that you feel better, Shrimpy! ❤️