Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

A neat little tidbit i recently learned about CS III: the Master Quartz effects are broken, well, some of them at least.

And no i don't mean the balance this time, i mean that their effects are programmed wrong in the English release of the game. MQ with effects like Zephyr where they have "start battle with Spd up (S) for example, say they are in effect for 4 turns but the game is going to bump them up to 9 turns instead. And to top it off, if you try to use for example Chrono Drive, this usually puts the buff to 9 turns (M) instead of (L) like it should due to the error in programming.

Good job, Falcom! XD

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

On 8/5/2022 at 5:41 PM, Green06 said:

The only post Awakening staple that IS will keep moving forward are the Dating Sim elements. The rest will change.

Feels good to be right.

Next prediction: Engage will be divisive and underperform compared to Three Houses, and with the FE4 remake coming up, IS will go back to making 3H-like games.

Edited by Green06

21 minutes ago, Green06 said:

and with the FE4 remake coming up, IS will go back to making 3H-like games.

Well a lot of people thought Three Houses was IntSys testing the waters for an FE4 remake.

Then again, we know know 3H was a joint project whereas Engage is 100% IntSys. So if they want Koei Tecmo again, they're gonna have to keep ironing out contracts.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Hmm well, I don't think you were here for that but I do consider Mario+Rabbids: Sparks of Hope to be the SRPG that clears the genre. So we will see but that was the praise I gave it after a lot of thinking.

i hate mario to the core kidding

interesting its not on my list, no particular reason. But... does it have feature like: petting a ring, ASMR, mii-fit AND MATCHMAKING ?!. even if Engage does lose to it, i doubt theres much competition left. 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I mean maybe she gets better but she has not gotten a single kill so far. Seems like it's RD rules where staffbots can fight but it's more of self-defense rather than a unit you actually want to be doing the attacking.

why kill when you get consistent exp from healing... is what i want to say, but im sure people want to see her kicks ass too. the funny thing is, having someone else doing the healing thru emblem feature and its skill inheritance makes more functional and versatile healer. a certain someone  you meet that can heal later perform much better than Framme

Spoiler

i mean, Yunaka. either she's busted in my playthru, or thief as a class generally busted. good stats all across the boards, and when paired with micaiah can also heal. so a killer that also a healer that can double, range, and dodge.

14 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Engage will be divisive and underperform compared to Three Houses, and with the FE4 remake coming up, IS will go back to making 3H-like games.

underperform as in sales or critics review aggregate? the pre-order alone already win against 3H by a landslide.

i cant see it being underperforming in terms of sales. it could happen, but its very very rare when pre-order number very high but the ongoing sales not reaching targets. even trainwreck game like CP77 with critics and players alike hating it, still sell like hotcakes after launch, inline with its unusually high pre-order number.

but them making another 3H will happen regardless  of engage performance i believe

IMG_20230120_154229.jpg

Ahhhhhhh

This is life.

13 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Feels good to be right.

Next prediction: Engage will be divisive and underperform compared to Three Houses, and with the FE4 remake coming up, IS will go back to making 3H-like games.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well a lot of people thought Three Houses was IntSys testing the waters for an FE4 remake.

Then again, we know know 3H was a joint project whereas Engage is 100% IntSys. So if they want Koei Tecmo again, they're gonna have to keep ironing out contracts.

Don't forget there were barely any shared members of 3H and Engage's teams. Coupled with its original intended purpose as an anniversary game, it's highly likely that they were developed concurrently. Before Houses turned out to be a massive success.

....which means FE turning into Three Houses: The Series might happen after Engage. But you know what? If this game truly does peak the series as it looks like it just might, the story gang can never take that away from me.

4 minutes ago, joevar said:

nteresting its not on my list, no particular reason. But... does it have feature like: petting a ring, ASMR, mii-fit AND MATCHMAKING ?!. even if Engage does lose to it, i doubt theres much competition left. 

Oh yeah, two legends can co-exist.

But Sparks of Hope...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't forget there were barely any shared members of 3H and Engage's teams. Coupled with its original intended purpose as an anniversary game, it's highly likely that they were developed concurrently. Before Houses turned out to be a massive success.

....which means FE turning into Three Houses: The Series might happen after Engage. But you know what? If this game truly does peak the series as it looks like it just might, the story gang can never take that away from me.

Inb4 Engage pops off even harder.

Like Joevar said, Engage already cleared Three Houses in terms of pre-orders (in Japan at least). And getting Koei Tecmo to do another game for them requires ironing out contracts and stuff, not something that they can just go "hey KT, wanna make another FE?"

So I’m guessing Maddening doesn’t have battle saves?

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

>Beats Lumera on the second turn

"That was a bit easy"

>Lumera: "ok training wheels off".

After she did this she missed a ~98 (iirc) against my Vander lol

Luckily it wouldn’t have mattered, but it was funny.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Now if only Framme could kill....

I mean maybe she gets better but she has not gotten a single kill so far. Seems like it's RD rules where staffbots can fight but it's more of self-defense rather than a unit you actually want to be doing the attacking.

I only got to chapter 2 but she’s only been able to actually do damage to one enemy I tried. One.

"Ok Boucheron hs the advantage so he can Break the axe unit"

>It was armored

>Boucheron had two HP

Anyways Ch.4 took me like an hour lmao.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So I’m guessing Maddening doesn’t have battle saves?

Nope. Radiant Dawn rules.

On the car home now. Not long, boys and girls. Not long.

In the meantime, I better think what I'm gonna call Alear. I never named Leth, but perhaps I will Lear. You think if I call her Garon I will unlock the secret emblem?

29 minutes ago, joevar said:

underperform as in sales or critics review aggregate? the pre-order alone already win against 3H by a landslide.

i cant see it being underperforming in terms of sales. it could happen, but its very very rare when pre-order number very high but the ongoing sales not reaching targets. even trainwreck game like CP77 with critics and players alike hating it, still sell like hotcakes after launch, inline with its unusually high pre-order number.

but them making another 3H will happen regardless  of engage performance i believe

reception in general

fates sold like hot cakes and it still was controversial

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

IMG_20230120_154229.jpg

Ahhhhhhh

This is life.

What are you eating?👀

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like Joevar said, Engage already cleared Three Houses in terms of pre-orders (in Japan at least). And getting Koei Tecmo to do another game for them requires ironing out contracts and stuff, not something that they can just go "hey KT, wanna make another FE?"

Japan is like, 1/3 of the overall audience.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nope. Radiant Dawn rules.

You do know RD hard, the corresponding difficulty to Engage maddening, not only doesn't have battle saves either, but also removes fucking enemy range displays, right? Compare the equivalent difficulties lol

3 minutes ago, Green06 said:

What are you eating?👀

On the left, Saç Kavurma. On the right, vegetable Orman Kebabi. Unpictured in my tummy, Adana Kebab.

Insanely good.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

37 minutes ago, joevar said:

interesting its not on my list, no particular reason. But... does it have feature like: petting a ring, ASMR, mii-fit AND MATCHMAKING ?!. even if Engage does lose to it, i doubt theres much competition left. 

And Wyvern Shooter, can't forget that too.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You do know RD hard, the corresponding difficulty to Engage maddening, not only doesn't have battle saves either, but also removes fucking enemy range displays, right? Compare the equivalent difficulties lol

What other FE difficulty removes battle saves?

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

pray that you feel better, Shrimpy! ❤️

Thanks 😄

59 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Next prediction: Engage will be divisive and underperform compared to Three Houses,

Divisive? It alreasy is. Everywhere outside Teehee half the threads are "this is amazing" (gameplay) and the other half "this is awful" (Story)

Underperform? Well, not in japan atleast. Might well be the first game to clear Mystery there.

1 hour ago, Green06 said:

and with the FE4 remake coming up, IS will go back to making 3H-like games.

Idk. IS never really stuck with a "winning" formula.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

IMG_20230120_154229.jpg

Ahhhhhhh

Gimme that food.

And enjoy:D

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On the left, Saç Kavurma. On the right, vegetable Orman Kebabi. Unpictured in my tummy, Adana Kebab.

My maaan

Bon appetit.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I would expect at least for the Home Castles to be turned into actual proper home bases like Fort Corrin, Garreg Mach, and Somniel at least.

Which would be cool if they pull a FFIV DS and give us unique interiors/detailed-designs for each one, to reflect their own countries.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I would expect at least for the Home Castles to be turned into actual proper home bases like Fort Corrin, Garreg Mach, and Somniel at least.

Which would be cool if they pull a FFIV DS and give us unique interiors/detailed-designs for each one, to reflect their own countries.

For FE4Remake you mean? Yeah that would be cool

Me before playing the game: "You know, maybe the FEH weapons bonus would be a bit overkill early game"

Me after Ch.4: "I need everything i can get my hands on"

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Divisive? It alreasy is. Everywhere outside Teehee half the threads are "this is amazing" (gameplay) and the other half "this is awful" (Story)

I still stand by that story is less on the priority latter for this game in particular.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Probably. Ever since IntSys made the maps correspond between dimensions, they've always wanted you to walk around.

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And Wyvern Shooter, can't forget that too.

Can't let you do that, Star Alear!

Sombron has ordered us to take you down.

Mommy screamed REEEEAL good when she DIED!

Sombron's enemy is MY enemy!

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What other FE difficulty removes battle saves?

I'm sorry, what do you mean? That's all of the highest difficulties in games with battle saves, right?

24 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Gimme that food.

You did not give me Engage.

Suffer greatly.

And enjoy:D

Too late, already did. Thanks!

My maaan

Like I said before, it ain't a typical doner kebab. This is a Turkish restaurant with a capital R. Truly fortunate to have found this place, it is top notch, I tell you. Everything I've eaten here has been superb.

Bon appetit.

Afiyet olsun, rather!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Underperform? Well, not in japan atleast. Might well be the first game to clear Mystery there.

Three Houses already cleared Mystery there last year

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Long-term? No. But they used the same formula for a while (see GBA FE)

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Can confirm Engage maddening still has enemy ranges.

It seems like an odd choice to remove battle saves from maddening when the whole game gives you “options” or whatever, but with divine pulse it’s not a big deal. 

36 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways Ch.4 took me like an hour lmao.

In a good way or a bad way?