Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A crud, really sorry.

It’s all good.

Now if you accidentally spoil the join time of Timerra, you might wake up to find Spain on fire. All of it.

Edited by Sooks

On break hour, let's see if I can finish Ch.5 before it's done.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh I wasn't counting the save points, they're a fair bit different from battle saves. Nor the turnwheel and its successors, which are also a fair bit different. But every game with battle saves, as in, implemented save states, removes them for the higher difficulties

Genealogy doesn't have any difficulty modes.

After that, the next game to do that was Radiant Dawn, which did disable them on Lunatic

Every Modern FE had them but limited to Casual Mode (unless it's Engage, you just get it regardless unless Maddening).

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay this is actually a really good detail tho.

Reveal hidden contents

The fact that Framme actually tries to heal Lumera and fails. Reminds me of Triangle Strategy and Geela coldly standing to the side watching people die dramatic deaths. It's nice that she tried, at least.

Alas, no mom for us. Not yet, anyway.

Spoiler

I also like, as little relevance as it seems to have, that Alear doesn't get the time rewind until after Lumera dies. So we can avoid the whole "oh but why didn't they just turn back time after someone died".

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Next topic- time travel. Not mere flashback like prior XS entries, actual reversal of the arrow of time. I can't say I'm fond of this twist.

The time travel segment is one of the parts of the game where it shows the most that the game was forced to be the last one. iirc it's where you spend most of the game in.

I haven't been able to fucking sleep these past few days so I can only imagine that the sheer energy of Engage releasing is so powerful that it's disrupting my sleep patterns even though I'm not even playing the game

Framme, when Wrys gets horribad levels, it's okay because he's charming.

Thin ice, girl. Thin fucking ice.

21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s all good.

Now if you accidentally spoil the join time of Timerra, you might wake up to find Spain on fire. All of it.

What, you don't want to know she joins in chapter 14?

...If I an right it's gonna be really funny lol

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I haven't been able to fucking sleep these past few days so I can only imagine that the sheer energy of Engage releasing is so powerful that it's disrupting my sleep patterns even though I'm not even playing the game

Be wary of your toothpaste.

Finally I can experience peak fiction, but it's a bit different from what I expected. For one thing, I thought the setting would be called Elyos, but instead it's a place called North Ambri- wait you need an account to watch the Cold Steel anime dub, so I can't make that joke yet.

Now that Armagon pointed out that Alear is referred to as such on the back of the box, I checked the previous games' boxes and found that all the previous avatars are called 'you' (except Shez who isn't referred to at all). This bothers me more than it reasonably should...

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Framme, when Wrys gets horribad levels, it's okay because he's charming.

Thin ice, girl. Thin fucking ice.

But Framme is charming

Solution: Play Maddening with fixed levels that may or may not be randomized.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What, you don't want to know she joins in chapter 14?

...If I an right it's gonna be really funny lol

Spoiler

Saphir joins in chapter 20.

…If I am right it’s not going to be as funny, but still funny.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

We need to do a Teehee Engage Relay

What does relay mean here?

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

We need to do a Teehee Engage Relay

3 minutes ago, ping said:

WHERE IS MY LASAGNA WRAITH

…I’ve already made my peace with the fact that you’re lost in a maze of madness with a minotaur dining on your brain Ping. 

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Growths seem to be quite low in general.

Etie's first level broke my heart.

I mean she's staying on the team, I'm not using that loser Alcryst, but...

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But Framme is charming

As much as Wrys? Hardly.

Solution: Play Maddening with fixed levels that may or may not be randomized.

Hah! Later.

Hide contents

Saphir joins in chapter 20.

…If I am right it’s not going to be as funny, but still funny.

I actually know the answer to this.

We'll come back to it when the time comes.

On 1/19/2023 at 12:23 PM, Loliko said:

Finished 20X (sacae). Honestly the first half of the map is really fun , it heavily encourage using characters that can cross waters and spliting your staff users ; not to count abusing rescue chain with the smaller groups , especially the one at the bottom right. Lots of way to tackle this chapter.
However the second half was a sloooooooooog. The trap mechanic just doesn't work since this map has no natural ambush spawns or renforcements , so you're free to set up your army around each tent and then pick off the ennemies very easily. At least it gave some EXP to Zeiss , my man has a ridiculously generous exp curve. RNG screwed me hard : The 5th tent was the correct one.

Shoutout to Treck for being so sleepy that he didn't realized the berserk staff was targetting him for two turns in a row. (88% accuracy btw) Sue also snowballed hard and was able to pick off entire groups of nomads and nomad troopers on her own.

Now I'm going to do chapter 21 , heard ton of good things about it. I'm still unsure of what to buy in the secret shop... When Wolt has the murgleis equiped , he barely cross the speed fresh hold for Zephiel , but I really want to use the brave bow , so perhaps I'll try to get some speedwings and hoping for a speed level up.842102560_Capturedcran2023-01-19181205.png.008b9d84398df2d21c9c1b7c00b4bb87.png

Well met. I heard horror stories bout that Sacae path so I been avoiding it

How’s that little girl manakete workin for ya? Can’t replace her weapon so I never use her. 

Been a minute since I been that far in the game but if I remember right Melady’s better then Zeiss

21 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

…I’ve already made my peace with the fact that you’re lost in a maze of madness with a minotaur dining on your brain Ping. 

Had the biggest shit-eating grin throughout the entire first interaction with Sommie.

I love this thing. I don't know who decided this is what Fire Emblem needs, but they're my hero.

27 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

There's a mod where  we take turns playing. Maybe i should start sometime and share the code here or something

Maybe tomorrow

we don't have to play at the same time

Sadly, Nintendo Online. 

Spoiler

Zephia: rings, rings, rings, rings

Sorry: Hi I'm Sorry

Zephia: I insult your mother

Sorry: I will avenge her

Zephia: You have rings right

Suddenly, Alfred: yOU wErE aFTeR oUr RIng

Alfred where the FUCK did that come from, no shit she was after the rings, that's all she's talked about lol

Andddd that’s a reset. Completely my fault, I was overly reckless for no reason and baited enemies I didn’t need to, which resulted in the entire rest of the map getting aggro’d.