Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Growth type. It's fixed in maddening.

Speaking of, remember that tweet you posted before showing as much from an in-game screenshot? I never saw anything like that when picking my difficulty, did you get an option between the two then? (I guess it prob doesn’t matter much since it’s fixed but it’s weird that I didn’t see it.)

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

emember that tweet you posted before showing as much from an in-game screenshot? I never saw anything like that when picking my difficulty, did you get an option between the two then? (I guess it prob doesn’t matter much since it’s fixed but it’s weird that I didn’t see it.)

Iirc you get the option after clearing the game

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Speaking of, remember that tweet you posted before showing as much from an in-game screenshot? I never saw anything like that when picking my difficulty, did you get an option between the two then? (I guess it prob doesn’t matter much since it’s fixed but it’s weird that I didn’t see it.)

You have to beat the game.

Oh here we go, my brother is ready to bring his abridged commentary, pft.

Staring with mocking Alear's name. Mostly since he's pronouncing it the way someone would do in Spanish... and I kinda agree. XD Alear... yeah, sounds weird that way, hahaha...

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And i could imagine they delay chaos even longer in the original plans.

I suppose chaos's early presence, thinking on it for a minute longer, has everything to do with being in a video game -a JRPG to be precise- instead of a manga or anime. Games need gameplay, JRPGs need hero-parties for their gameplay, parties that tend (not always) to have so many members, that some end up in the reserves gameplay-wise. Early chaos helps fills in your playable options.

And TBF to chaos, we have MOMO. She is front-loaded importance, essential to Ep. I, once her brain got picked in Episode II, I would say that would be the end to her relevance. She's around in Ep. III as a bio-computer and gameplay mage, not exactly for anything plotwise as I can see it. She doesn't even have a Testament like Ziggy, the closest one to her is more Jr.'s. MOMO and chaos occupy opposite places on the chronology of "active" importance. But MOMO now receding doesn't bother me like chaos not having come forward sooner does.

-Just to clarify, I'm not seriously annoyed by chaos being hush-hush, nor anything else writing-wise. I'm being overly wordy and analytical, it's academic and not very emotional 🤓, if with a bit of flair & exaggeration b/c I'm posting this commentary online. I know how to avoid getting hung up on things in a video game, it's only a video game after all. While the iron is hot and fresh in my brain, I'm simply trying to record what it thinks and feels.

...Is it jarring at all that I'm blabbering on a PS2 game 17 years old as almost everyone else starts on a newborn Faiā Emuburemu?😅 I was trying to use the ambient warmth given off by the Engage excitement here to motivate me back into XS. I tried -on two separate occasions in the past few days- to listen in silence to something Xenosaga-adjacent for some centrifugal force, as good as it it, meditating on the sacred mantra failed on both tries to shove/motivate me through the door.

-My use of ambient warmth as a fanciful word choice only now reminds me of one other new thing I have to say.😆 The "our latent heat being created as a result of having been brought into the past will destroy this planet" the professor came up with... feels decidedly more "nonsense" than the science fiction Xeno usually employs. But then, maybe it's befitting a kook like said professor.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Basic Stats + Build add to exactly 94... if it's that.

err.. not the calculation. but i was just surprised because shrimpy said overall lvl up are low. while i have this one unit that 20+ rating ahead the others while at same level, a thief class even. the girl growth is just busted i guess

Just polished emblem rings for the first time, success?

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright, here we go!

Enjoy!

36 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Iirc you get the option after clearing the game

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You have to beat the game.

Thanks!

hmm so its not just sigurd. but it seems every emblem is confirmed to have their memory of their respective game, up to their own final battle. (sigurd remember getting massacred, Roy remember using Binding Blade in his war) interesting... now i wonder about Ike, he represent PoR as Emblem, but theres RD stuff too, will he remember beating god or just some tyrant

is this count as spoiler?

Edited by joevar

6 minutes ago, joevar said:

hmm so its not just sigurd. but it seems every emblem is confirmed to have their memory of their respective game, up to their own final battle. (sigurd remember getting massacred, Roy remember using Binding Blade in his war) interesting... now i wonder about Ike, he represent PoR as Emblem, but theres RD stuff too, will he remember beating god or just some tyrant

is this count as spoiler?

Well depending on how you talk about it it might end up spoiling me since I haven’t played RD yet

Edited by Sooks

The adventure into Brodia begins tomorrow.

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I suppose chaos's early presence, thinking on it for a minute longer, has everything to do with being in a video game -a JRPG to be precise- instead of a manga or anime. Games need gameplay, JRPGs need hero-parties for their gameplay, parties that tend (not always) to have so many members, that some end up in the reserves gameplay-wise. Early chaos helps fills in your playable options.

And in the case of Xenosaga, it's an overarching story spanning three games. 

Still though, you aren't wrong, the games really do hold their cards close to chaos' chest until really late.

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The "our latent heat being created as a result of having been brought into the past will destroy this planet" the professor came up with... feels decidedly more "nonsense" than the science fiction Xeno usually employs.

TFW the most normal-sounding thing is the most outlandish thing lmao

And Chapter 2 done.

Got worried seeing Vander miss a 93... but then the boss could never land a hit on him either, pft.

I like that the area has three cats. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

And starting chapter 5 off with a (unnecessary) 2% crit from one of my characters.

I’m just glad that my crazy and improvised strategy for stopping the thief worked, barely. The gameplay is so tight.

I've only had one crit so far. Vander procced a 5% on Chapter 3. Lots of Dodges, however.

On that subject, Chapter 3 done.

Finally, at Somniel. Oh, three crits procced so far, actually. Ah, that's better, heh.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Killing two enemies at full HP at once with Sigurd’s override is so much fun. This is the first time I’ve done it, but still.

THE ENEMY HAD A RIDERSBANE—

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I've only had one crit so far. Vander procced a 5% on Chapter 3. Lots of Dodges, however.

On that subject, Chapter 3 done.

I’ve had at least one 5, 4, 2, 6, 3,… I’ve been crit blessed ig, although only like 2 of them have actually been helpful.

Edited by Sooks