Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Even like the "avatar-worship" is done right, as weird as that is to say. Setting aside the fact that Alear is like the least "avatar" character in the series, i like the spin on the worship. Everyone's like "YOOOOOOOO IT'S THE DIVINE ONE" and Alear's like "aight chill". Saw someone say like it's casually being friends with Jesus after the second coming.

Yeah i agree with this. The only ones really weird about the "worship" anyway are the Stewards, and their whole lives literally revolves around Alear.

I think it's also first impressions. Character writing gets lotsa better once you leave Flower country. They have the highest amount of one-note-ness.

I can see Brodia and Elusia cast ranking very high tbh. And Celine because i am biased xD

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm wondering when i should do these, i hear a lot of them have promoted enemies.

Yeah the enemies there are strong, but it's doable.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The only ones really weird about the "worship" anyway are the Stewards, and their whole lives literally revolves around Alear.

Even then, it's mainly just Framme. Clanne's like "ok sis it's not that deep" and Vander's just like the mentor figure or something.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And ya know, i never thought i'd say this

But MoV nerf is one of the better decisions they did tbh.

Feels very weird to say tbh as i am a fan of base mov 6 lol

It's because never have i been more excited to promote Louis into General. 

Also first non-Berwick game to convince me Low growths can be done well lol.

Mainly because even if a unit just gets super blessed break and types keeps them in Check. Also weapons hella strong

Anyway, have a best girl

20230122_162850.jpg

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

That cutscene was almost funny. Almost.

Spoiler

Big Shadow Daddy overthere caressing Hyacinth's chin sensually while he goes through the entire repertoire of Mad Anime Faces in the 100 seconds of screentime he was alotted, Sorry throwing a tantrum while Sombron said the corny one-liners one after the other, begging her protag-chans not to leave her; the Four Hounds conveniently disappearing from behind us so we can actually run out of the cathedral to safety...

Yeah that was pretty hilarious. Not nearly as much as any Garon scene, but it was pretty funny.

Also

LATEGAME SPOILERS

Spoiler

Veyle turning bad would be interesting if I didn't know for a fact she's just possessed and will just turn into a regular nice dragon loli later. What a complete waste of potential, not to make her an outright villain.

Well, that's the map, at any rate. Now to this one. Let's see what all the fuss is about.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

It's hybrid RNG (what Fates used).

Let's just say i may be looking up some things.

Also Daggers are just a really really good weapon.

after playing tempest trial.. yeah, thief in this game is broken. like they are good against everything, enemy thief are problem for any unit: the only one thats very hard to be killed in one fight. nasty

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Let's just say i may be looking up some things.

cool, not gonna judge

29 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Even like the "avatar-worship" is done right, as weird as that is to say. Setting aside the fact that Alear is like the least "avatar" character in the series, i like the spin on the worship. Everyone's like "YOOOOOOOO IT'S THE DIVINE ONE" and Alear's like "aight chill". Saw someone say like it's casually being friends with Jesus after the second coming.

they should take note even if they're gonna make avatar a mainstay, Voiced is da wey. all these worshipping are more tolerable with MC having actual proper reaction, being chill and friendly without denying too much but still humble.

funnily enough alear is the most worship-able since he comes from actual divine dragon family that the whole continent worship / reveres

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

The few exceptions i can think of are:

FE4 Gen 2. Elite Ring... enough said. XD

FE8. It's FE8, c'mon. 

FE9. See the FE8 reasoning.

3H. Most units are early game units?

basically not even half of the series. at least Alfred and Etie had potential to be good altho with unbalanced stat. Boucheron a permanent bench warmer tho.

I skimmed the thread because I was seeming some Engage stuff I didn’t wanna read ahead of time.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, there we go.

Reveal hidden contents

Morion's dead. What a shocker. And his children are so very upset over it. I'll let 'em mull it over in the bench.

The fact that Hyacinth fights with martial arts despite being like, 110 is amazing though. Too bad he's going to die too and I'm going to get his cringeworthy daughter instead!

Still more upset over this than anything else lol. At least Momphir is a thing. I got that, at least.

I opened this because I thought it would already be something I’d already gotten to, and it wasn’t. I only read the first two words before closing and they were the most obvious first two words I’ve ever read… thanks Engage writers.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ngl Yunaka does make me feel things. Helps that she's like low-key the best unit in the game and clears every other thief in the series easily.

Best unit in the game? Poison is only useful for killing bosses and she doesn’t do that much damage, but maybe that’s just my experience.

My best unit has been Alear, to the surprise of no one.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, that's the map, at any rate. Now to this one. Let's see what all the fuss is about.

Enjoy The Funny, presumably. Not that I have any idea what it is.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Best unit in the game? Poison is only useful for killing bosses and she doesn’t do that much damage, but maybe that’s just my experience.

You're also playing on Maddening so idk, maybe she falls off there but she's gotten a lot of kills in my run. Put her in an Avo tile and she's untouchable. 

Ch 11

Spoiler

A sight for sore eyes, Zelkov and the rest. Can't wait to turn you into the mage you were always meant to be. Doubt I'll use the other two, but we'll see.

You know... dare I say, I'm actually not suffering that much here? Honestly, between Hortensia and the other bosses, last map was a lot worse. I can see how it'll be a pain on maddening, without save points, but right now... Eh.

So you guys know that little class showcase that happens if you linger on the title screen in some Fire Emblems that no one has ever watched?

Engage’s shows crit animations with the class. We have won.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

You're also playing on Maddening so idk, maybe she falls off there but she's gotten

It’s not even that she fell off, she was just never good 😭

Well she obliterates fog so she was good in her join map. I really like her though, so I kept Michaiah on her to make her a staffbott so she can get EXP and get some of those good levels you guys are talking about (and she has been getting good levels). That and her dialogue with Micaiah was pretty cool, it made me want to keep them together. But dedicated healer + ability to poison units is pretty good utility.

a lot of kills in my run. Put her in an Avo tile and she's untouchable. 

TRUE

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My best unit has been Alear, to the surprise of no one.

Surprise of everyone actually xD

Alear is like, the weakest Lord sine Eirika i feel xD

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, between Hortensia and the other bosses, last map was a lot worse

I suffered more on 11 than 10 myself, and escaped with hair's breath xD

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

without save points

You using those?

Louis the GOAT

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

It’s not even that she fell off, she was just never good 😭

Well maybe she's the Hector for your run (context: Hector in my first FE7 run never promoted, he was that bad).

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I really like her though, so I kept Michaiah on her to make her a staffbott so she can get EXP and get some of those good levels you guys are talking about (and she has been getting good levels).

I later gave her Sigurd because movement+dagger=true combo and then i gave her Leif. It's paid off.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ehhh she's better than Micaiah but we're comparing a swordie to a mage.

That being said, there are a lot of ways to fix units in this game, i don't think anyone is truly unsalvageable. Even Bencheron.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Forged Liberation sword goes brrrr full engage meter

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Forged Liberation sword goes brrrr full engage meter

I have Liberation +5.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ehhh she's better than Micaiah but we're comparing a swordie to a mage.

Miccy utility and being 2 ranged + Thani is good

Alear doesn't even have a rapier

But yeah bad comparison

And i don't think Alear is that bad honestly. They are just no Ephraim/Ike/Robin/Corrin/Byleth. More a Leif? What's with their support skill and a "gimmick" sword

Yeah that wasn't so hard. A couple of annoying enemies, but... I dunno, coulda been luck, but at no point did I feel like I was in serious danger. They made extremely poor use of their strengths. It was a straight stroll towards the exit, and when my reinforcements arrived it was over completely.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So you guys know that little class showcase that happens if you linger on the title screen in some Fire Emblems that no one has ever watched?

Engage’s shows crit animations with the class. We have won.

Awesome. I'll have to check it out at some point.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Meanwhile mine is really good and one-rounds things.

I suffered more on 11 than 10 myself, and escaped with hair's breath xD

lol I could've ended one turn earlier but I lingered to kill a guy holding a tomahawk

You using those?

Oh yeah. Like Fates, this game is really tight, which means if I don't use saves, it'll be like Fates, where I just repeat everything over and over until I stop making a mistake 30 minutes in. And then I get burned out. No thanks, I'll have plenty of time to not use saves in maddening, where they don't exist.

Ah, Sunday. I won't have as much time to play today since we're gonna celebrate my... I think the term is my first cousin once-removed... anyway, it's his birthday.

Hmm, what a moment to reflect. Both my older cousins are married and one has a kid already. I'm the next oldest of my generation and still single. Ah, such is life.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

oh now i get it. Royalty promotion are not supposed to change that much.

for Firene they add more flower, brodia more rock (gem), elusia more sexy rose (?), havent meet Solm folk but i guess they will add more sand in their clothes, kek

-- --

Louis really peak Armor knight of every FE. so now we got peak Armor and peak Thief in one game.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I achieved the impossible

Louis died

Forgot to check speeds lmao

lose because speed in armor class?  do you play in maddening? or is it against mage? since im sure armor with exactly 0 speed is okay since they take almost no damage. like my Jade lol

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

or is it against mage?

Yeah a mage

Totally forgot doubling was a thing for some reason xD

Ok but i really do not like how Support Gains work here. Why do the compatible units have to be right next to each other like the GBA days?

If i have to guess: so you don't get full A-support at midgame ala 3H