Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

emoticons.jpg?w=584

These are how Golden Sun: Dark Dawn chose to let Matthew express himself. His father Issac and uncle Felix were plain old silent portags in the first and second games respectively. Camelot's idea for letting Matthew speak despite silence, were these cartoony emojis. May I call it a half-measure that's ironically worst than none at all? These were an absurd idea, and I pity whoever had the good intentions that came up with them. Take the dead daddy situation that led you to write the above, pretend you could have Byleth respond to the murder by putting on a smiley face and everyone else took notice of it.

At least it gave us this:

Matthew - Golden Sun Universe, the Golden Sun wiki

lol

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Which Veyle theory will turn out to be correct?

Spoiler

W2ZXoiv.jpg

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Monica Killicon backstab.png Jeralt

"Well, off to visit your mother!" -Monica

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Still lighter and thus better than Final Fantasies VII to X-2. That's the era when Square went a little overboard with the great goodies they hid behind optional recreations. Also the period (especially VII & VIII) when momentary gimmicky events closer to minigames than puzzles showed up in the story. Something about "let's take advantage of new technology and expand the Final Fantasy experience in as many ways as possible", I think.

What, you didn't like going halfway across the world to Fort Condor after every event flag? And it took me until the last part to figure out how to play it properly.

Though FFVII and Engage both have squat exercise minigames, so make of that what you will.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

emoticons.jpg?w=584

Omori

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hmm... well I suppose I have to begin somewhere to find out, off I go!😆

Enjoy. And that part of Atelier is uncharted territory for me so I'll be curious to hear first-hand impressions.

Bruh I got back to The Room™ of chapter 9 and I used FUCKING SIX pulses, one of which was because of a miss, one of which was because I forgot a vital part of my strategy, one was because Boss 1 got a low % crit, and then when I went back I had to fix my strategy anyway and forgot about that first crit, so she got it a second time.

Well, if I’m doing worse at this part on the second go around, and the other part was the one I struggled with, maybe that means I’ll do it flawlessly… right?

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Bruh I got back to The Room™ of chapter 9 and I used FUCKING SIX pulses, one of which was because of a miss, one of which was because I forgot a vital part of my strategy, one was because Hortensia got a low % crit, and then when I went back I had to fix my strategy anyway and forgot about that first crit, so she got it a second time.

Well, if I’m doing worse at this part on the second go around, and the other part was the one I struggled with, maybe that means I’ll do it flawlessly… right?

Man's struggling so hard he went back to the previous chapter.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Man's struggling so hard he went back to the previous chapter.

I’ve failed at Fire Emblem

Sombron won

Timerra never joined

Alear’s hair is just blue

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

With no shame I admit in

Hide contents

Waiting for Hyacinth to come down where I can use the Magic Artillery and Heal Tile.

I regret letting the enemy have all the uses of that thing now…

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Man, taking down

Reveal hidden contents

Hortensia

is proving tougher than expected. Then again... because I'm master strategist, I didn't brought bow users to the map.

Is that because there are a lot of fliers on that map or do the lower difficulties not make her immune to effective damage?

so maddening folks in engage finally engaging their madness huh

boohoo Tempest Trial is tiring. its good they give infinite time crystal so losing is not an excuse. but dang, theres 4 times more enemy than usual it takes forever

is it a consensus now Somniel is way better base than garreg mach or any castle before this? courtesy of Sommie ofc. i also dont know what we need is a tiny cute mascot that follows us around at half speed of our run

Just did a big brain strat in Ch.14 to stop a thief from making off with the goodies.

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

is it a consensus now Somniel is way better base than garreg mach or any castle before this?

I'd say My Castle is still the best base because of direct it is but yeah, Somniel is way better than Garreg Mach.

Okay, I have now completed my training arc.

Boss, you’re dying today. You here me? well maybe tomorrow because it’s 10:30 right now and knowing how long these maps take, it could be midnight when I’m done.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is that because there are a lot of fliers on that map or do the lower difficulties not make her immune to effective damage?

No, I just didn't thought to do so.

Okay, Chapter 11 time.

Spoiler

I'll be honest, I don't really feel this part of the story was executed quite well. Even taking into account the story is what it is.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, Chapter 11 time.

imo the plan or the intention behind the maps was good. because..

Spoiler

making time crystal an actual part of the plot, and robbing us of conveniences (maybe not the correct word) we take for granted and go back to basic. it also serves as wake up call for alear in terms of plot for char growth. but yeah, they kinda slip up on the execution.

altho imagine if it were to continue like that, imagine the folk at maddening. they had to go through GBAFE cruelty on Engage lol. just plain ol' reset

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'd say My Castle is still the best base because of direct it is but yeah, Somniel is way better than Garreg Mach.

but somniel feels like a modern take or rather an IS take on Suikoden castle. where features are unlocked after you recruit the corresponding party member, with said member managing the feature. unless my castle actually like that too.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

pretty sure he's on ch.10 where theres not many flier near hortensia

12 minutes ago, joevar said:

imo the plan or the intention behind the maps was good. because..

Hide contents

making time crystal an actual part of the plot, and robbing us of conveniences (maybe not the correct word) we take for granted and go back to basic. it also serves as wake up call for alear in terms of plot for char growth. but yeah, they kinda slip up on the execution.

altho imagine if it were to continue like that, imagine the folk at maddening. they had to go through GBAFE cruelty on Engage lol. just plain ol' reset

Spoiler

Indeed. It just makes Veyle fall into plot-induced stupidity.

I don't think it was even shown or hinted how she could steal the Time Crystal from Alear to begin with, but that aside, she has the genius to use it to steal the rings, then prevent the heroes from recovering them as they fell the Engaged enemies... but doesn't use it to kill them? So yeah, just the typical "enemy toys with the heroes" just so the game doesn't end right there.

Also the fact that, even getting the Time Crystal back (or does this changes depending on difficulty?), you can't recover the rings anyway. Sure, since this is all dynamic, it'd be hard to make the story accommodate for all that... unless, if I'm sure it happens no matter what, they'd at least do it for the two Rings that the enemies that spawn over the Escape Tiles get granted with.

But well, not much love lost for that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well, Chapter 11 done.

As it is, however, never been a fan of the practice. Not using something should be the player's choice, not the game making the choice for them.

Heh, petting Sommie in the game while I'm petting the cat atop my lap...

Why can't the cat bring me fish...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Yeah I think the way Support Gains work is my biggest issue with the game. I just spent 30 turns in Ch.14 and I have one Support Convo to show for it.

In Modern FE, getting a few Supports after each battle was dopamine, now it's gone because having Support Gains being limited to units right next to each other is extremely situational.

Tomorrow I will check if I can grind some out in Tempest Trials.

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Indeed. It just makes Veyle fall into plot-induced stupidity.

I don't think it was even shown or hinted how she could steal the Time Crystal from Alear to begin with, but that aside, she has the genius to use it to steal the rings, then prevent the heroes from recovering them as they fell the Engaged enemies... but doesn't use it to kill them? So yeah, just the typical "enemy toys with the heroes" just so the game doesn't end right there.

Also the fact that, even getting the Time Crystal back (or does this changes depending on difficulty?), you can't recover the rings anyway. Sure, since this is all dynamic, it'd be hard to make the story accommodate for all that... unless, if I'm sure it happens no matter what, they'd at least do it for the two Rings that the enemies that spawn over the Escape Tiles get granted with.

But well, not much love lost for that.

The weird thing is

Spoiler

The way Veyle uses it is completely different from how we use it. She essentially stops time (rewinding time should not have allowed her to steal the rings).

But eh, it's a minor plot device. Byleth not using Divine Pulse to save Rodrigue in Azure Moon is worse.