• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Awesome, it's an actual game now.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm happy just knowing that Guillo-awareness can spread through the universe once more. -And that the games as a whole warts and all are being brought back to a modern audience.

Same. More people can experience Monolith Soft outside of Xenoblade. I also love that it actually looks really nice now while still keeping the 2D areas. 

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

kinda hate the look of the two characters they showed, but that is kay. The ones I was always looking forward to are the ones they didn't show. Because of course

Seems to be an epilogue? "Something new threatens our world".

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Can I murder friends in this game?

The protagonist of the first game, Kalas, is kind of a shitty person. He loots the corpses of a girl's bodyguards as she watches because "they're dead, they don't need these things anymore".

Edited by Armagon

So I actually ended up talking something out while the direct was going on, and I caught… maybe 40% of it live. That said, I skimmed through what I missed (a lot of which was the “random games” that didn’t look too interesting) and it looks like there’s only four real things of note:

-The DLC emblems which… I already knew, but were a thing I guess. Camilla being the Emblem of Revelation makes no sense, and I don’t like her. If it were up to me, she would be the Emblem of Titties. Depending on how they wanna handle her character, there’s a nonzero chance that she’ll make some offhand reference to Garon in at least one of her bond conversations, meaning that Ruben will desperately comb through them like a madman trying to find it. I know nothing about Heroes’ OCs so… yeah. Ask me how I feel about Soren when I play Radiant Dawn, Hector is eh because they should’ve put all three FE7 lords together like they did for 3H, and Chrom and Robin is… I guess the one I like the most, because I think their pair is cool, even if I think their game is one of the actually bad Fire Emblems.

-Octopath Demo today. I might skip out on it at least for now because I still have Engage to play through. I find it interesting that they didn’t say which characters’ chapter 1s are in the demo. That could mean all of them but… dare I to hope?

-That VN? where you pick an attribute or something to align with and can see the future looks cool, I guess. I’m starved for VNs since S;G and 13 Sentinels. Wdym S;G 0 has a VN too? Lies.

-Tears of the Kingdom. Haven’t played Zelda in a while so not super hyped about it but I probably will get it.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

-The DLC emblems which… I already knew, but were a thing I guess. Camilla being the Emblem of Revelation makes no sense, and I don’t like her. If it were up to me, she would be the Emblem of Titties. Depending on how they wanna handle her character, there’s a nonzero chance that she’ll make some offhand reference to Garon in at least one of her bond conversations, meaning that Ruben will desperately comb through them like a madman trying to find it. I know nothing about Heroes’ OCs so… yeah. Ask me how I feel about Soren when I play Radiant Dawn, Hector is eh because they should’ve put all three FE7 lords together like they did for 3H, and Chrom and Robin is… I guess the one I like the most, because I think their pair is cool, even if I think their game is one of the actually bad Fire Emblems.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

1s4dtlvio1ha1.jpg

FogadoFE17Portrait.png

Reveal hidden contents

Bad ending confirmed???

Oh…joy…

And the new playable characters are going be more of Sombron’s children…hoorah…

Spoiler

Or better yet Alear and/or Veyle’s children.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

1s4dtlvio1ha1.jpg

FogadoFE17Portrait.png

Hide contents

Bad ending confirmed???

Spoiler

Going by Future Past and Heirs of Fate... likely? So going by the Datamine

Spoiler

The Royals are bad guys while the Hounds are good guys?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Azura bros, we lost...

Somehow Alvis returned, a surprise to be sure but a welcome one. Maybe he's Consul A? Odd how it took four waves of DLC for Xenoblade 3 to become a proper sequel.

Birdo has returned to Mario Kart, which is neat but makes it more odd that she's the only new character they added. Petey Piranha when?

You don't need to end with Zelda every Direct Nintendo, there weren't even any big announcements this time! Though Ganondorf(?) sounds like Matthew Mercer, which is cool.

3 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Yeah, I'll be honest, not exactly thrilled we're doing this type of Mini-Campaign again. Except, this one is kinda worse, due to pulling the Star Trek Mirror World shtick. At least to me.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So

Hide contents

Is Nel most likely Good!Zephia?

Spoiler

No, it'd be Celestia, one of the Datamined characters.

Celestia, Gregory, Madeline. Zephia, Griss, Marni. I'm guessing the Katakana of the first set of names, if you take the first and last, you get the second set of names.

pohaaxh7s1ha1.png

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
Spoiler

No, it'd be Celestia, one of the Datamined characters.

Celestia, Gregory, Madeline. Zephia, Griss, Marni. I'm guessing the Katakana of the first set of names, if you take the first and last, you get the second set of names.

I see. Interesting

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, I'll be honest, not exactly thrilled we're doing this type of Mini-Campaign again. Except, this one is kinda worse, due to pulling the Star Trek Mirror World shtick. At least to me.

Spoiler

It’s going to be a continuation of the bad of ending of Engage where all/most of the player characters where killed and then turned into corrupted.

RIP my sanity:

Just now, Sidereal Wraith said:
  Hide contents

It’s going to be a continuation of the bad of ending of Engage where all/most of the player characters where killed and then turned into corrupted.

Spoiler

Maybe, but then where would the Good!Hounds come from? I think we are doing the Mirror World thing here.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Maybe, but then where would the Good!Hounds come from? I think we are doing the Mirror World thing here.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yseavd2db3ha1.jpg

Yeah, I'll be saying this already, but I don't think I'm gonna enjoy the story of the Xenologues.

Also,

Spoiler

the Datamine showed you're also gonna be fighting against the DLC Emblems too in the Xenologues, so I fear the worst that it might be The Funny all over again. Or just their counterparts from that other world, but I doubt they're meant to be multiples of them.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, I'll be saying this already, but I don't think I'm gonna enjoy the story of the Xenologues.

Also,

Hide contents

the Datamine showed you're also gonna be fighting against the DLC Emblems too in the Xenologues, so I fear the worst that it might be The Funny all over again. Or just their counterparts from that other world.

Screenshot_2023-02-08-18-31-22-04_572064

18 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Somehow Alvis returned, a surprise to be sure but a welcome one. Maybe he's Consul A?

Something like that but what's interesting is that despite the presence of Shulk and Rex, it doesn't actually feel like a prequel.

Wonder what the hell Alvis did that made Rex of all people call him a heartless machine.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yseavd2db3ha1.jpg

Too much power.