Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

20230208_190323.jpg

Ok it's literally Fei

TBF, they kept white out of this guy's wardrobe, it does wonders for making the hairdo and fist more subdued.

It's a little amazing Fei (and Elly) have been kept out of Xenoblade. They referenced Khan Wong right away, but the original XenoProtag? Nope. Maybe it's b/c Fei was too forward and Khan more in the background, and perhaps it's b/c XC1 wasn't intended to be a Xeno. Or, it could be that Takahashi had enough of Fei & El after Xenosaga.

25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Kaga hasn’t gotten around to commissioning it yet. Give him time.

Veyle has chain cuffs on her legs and neck. It is not once ever brought up so I will assume Kaga pretended to be Mika when designing this character.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe it's b/c Fei was too forward and Khan more in the background, and perhaps it's b/c XC1 wasn't intended to be a Xeno. Or, it could be that Takahashi had enough of Fei & El after Xenosaga.

It's also possible that since every protag had a sword, it wasn't really possible to put in a Fei character.

Baten-Kaitos-I-and-II-HD-Remaster_2023_0

Elnath, no castle casts a visage as magnificent.😌

Everything looks brighter here, my eyes don't remember it being this intense. They also tweaked the symbols on the equipment cards, they had different shapes indicating who can use what before, they weren't all circles.

The font reminds me of XC1DE's. Has an antiquated look to it, sorta typewriter-esque, or perhaps even older than that.

This is nice. Although Milly and Xelha look like they don't fit here, like someone photoshopped a cute little artwork of them onto an existing image. I'd probably push Melodia and Gena back and puts the heroines in their place.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's also possible that since every protag had a sword, it wasn't really possible to put in a Fei character.

One can have a sword and fisticuffs. Citan. Also Domon.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

lucina-lucina-no.gif

Search deep within your heart, you know it to be true.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

My point was moreso it doesn't add up with what we know.

Presuming the DLC is about the Founders

Spoiler

we already had hints that Rex and Shulk were mentors to two of the founders, and their appearance here supports that.

How Alvis fits into things is a mystery, but I'm happy that he's returning after so long.

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Do some good for society, commission Timerra instead.

One day Sooks, you will become a Veyle fan. Just for you I will commission Rixia wearing Veyle's outfit, or I would if I had infinite money.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also he has a goatee. Ruben likes him more now.

The most unexpected redemption arc. Engage did the impossible and earned Rubenio's respect, can Xenoblade do the same?

Of fucking course.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Search deep within your heart, you know it to be true.

lucina-lucina-no.gif

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Engage did the impossible and earned Rubenio's respect, can Xenoblade do the same?

*insert Rex Alear comparison here*

-Atlus is selling the 3 Etrian remasters at $40 each. +Denuvo on Steam.

🤮

Thankfully, Atlus has a history of frequent and sizable sales. This is still idiotic pricing, albeit predicted by Nocturne HD. They really better have retuned the classes and whatnot. Although judging from "Venomcut", it looks like they're still using the old skill trees, since that War Magus skill got consolidated into Ailing Slash in 2 Untold.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Of fucking course

FoAvx38XEAIjrAd.png

Man even I can't defend this one. Usually it's just whateves but this one's just wrong. Which is weird cause they got the others right. The Emblems in JP are the same, save for Ike and Byleth, who are the Emblem of Blue Flame and Seasons respectively.

17 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

How Alvis fits into things is a mystery, but I'm happy that he's returning after so long.

Yeah it's just (Xenoblade 3 spoilers).

Spoiler

Rex, Shulk and the Founders fought Moebius. We know how Moebius came to be. So where does Alvis fit in?

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ezxfxxe4g3ha1.jpg

New class

> apparently has access to convoy

> can use items on others

> Phsy. and mag reflect..

Finally. Alchemist class.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Atlus is selling the 3 Etrian remasters at $40 each. +Denuvo on Steam.

The DX versions of Arland, Dusk and Mysterious also do this....without Denuvo tho.

Just now, Armagon said:

>Rex's swords don't have the core crystals on them

>Rex called Alvis a "heartless machine"

Fuck

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So where does Alvis fit in?

I have seen a theory where

Spoiler

It said that Alvis can't go against humanity's wishes, and since they wished for Endless now...

RDT_20230208_2052354938483339864500453.j

So Camilla is

>Called the Emblem of Nohr in JP

>Called the Emblem of Revelation in EN

>Uses a Birthright map

Interesting maneuver.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

theory

Omoshiroi.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yggdroid was both visually and in combat an atrocity to pick the worst of it.

I dunno, Yggdroid does take a bit to get it going, but it's really fun(ny) to use.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The DX versions of Arland, Dusk and Mysterious also do this....without Denuvo tho.

Those don't feel -and look- old-school. These were DS games back in the day, not the same as PS3/4 titles. Etrian Odyssey is not technically impressive, they shouldn't cost so much. As a bundle for $40, it'd be great, but $40 apiece is too much. Especially for 1 & 2 since they have the Untold remakes on the 3DS and those aren't being included.

-Continue on the XC3 chatter BTW! You're perfectly fine. I'm trying not to pay attention. As I edited in above, the moment things got to XC3 in the Direct, I muted my computer and scrolled down until naught but the slightest bottom line of the livestream was onscreen. It's my fault for being a slowpoke with Xenosaga.