Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

We all have that one

Lolees

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Engage is just not hitting mainstream like Houses did

People want glorified VNs with roots for replayability. Because no roots means no replayability, even if 70% of the roots is identical.

Meh. Just as well. We already got Engage.

21 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Alas, Three Houses has never even heard of the concept of good map design, all route and boss kill here 😞

To be fair, a lot of Engage is also boss kill. I never found objectives by themselves to be that impactful, it's how the game uses them that makes a difference. Houses puts bosses hiding being a single wall in a game with stride and infinite warp.

22 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Plus they didn't want people to complain about never seeing the generic bosses Edelgard has on the other routes, when you side with Edelgard. They should have just made them playable, to replace the Church members that are only available on the other routes...

Right? Randolph and Ladislava would've been perfect to replace the churchies. But Houses utterly despises anyone that isn't a student.

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume is on the DS

to be fair, thats developed by independent studio Tri-ace then published by SE for nintendo handheld. while FE is pretty much 90% Nintendo in-house project. thats pretty much invalid example to me as much as saying it has adult game with sex in the form of witcher 3

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Looool I'm the biggest "PC Master Race" person here. Anything I can play on PC, I do.

then try this since you claim to like 2D Side scroller and being a pc gamer (the latter is not that relevant actually)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1718570/ASTLIBRA_Revision/

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

They should have just made them playable, to replace the Church members that are only available on the other routes...

so we got these functioning army, complete with its hierarchy of lieutenant & commander. Now you become supreme leader of the nation that has all that, and want to wage all-out war... But lets forget about that and just strictly use the student. if thats not power of Corruption, Collusion, & Nepotism Friendship, i dont know what is.

9 minutes ago, joevar said:

to be fair, thats developed by independent studio Tri-ace then published by SE for nintendo handheld. while FE is pretty much 90% Nintendo in-house project. thats pretty much invalid example to me as much as saying it has adult game with sex in the form of witcher 3

Fair enough. You have a point.

9 minutes ago, joevar said:

then try this since you claim to like 2D Side scroller and being a pc gamer (the latter is not that relevant actually)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1718570/ASTLIBRA_Revision/

I will keep it in mind.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Since it's you I'm going to assume I disagree with whatever it says there lololololol

"you can really feel how times have changed since by comparing FE4's Seliph x Yuria, which could only be achieved with a bug, to Engage's Alear x Veyle, which has a paired ending."

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aaand you're bringing this up why?

It's funny seeing you all riled up

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Engage is just not hitting mainstream like Houses did

Veyle's paired ending would hit mainstream out of sheer memetic potential, now the chance has slipped away.

This is what Treehouse did to Veyle

1675286535401.jpg

15 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

If the game is truly well made, shouldnt this be irrelevent? Xd

Well, it isn't impossible and many have done it, but if you aren't a super hardcore gamer it's best to start on a lower difficulty to learn the ropes of the game.

2 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

"you can really feel how times have changed since by comparing FE4's Seliph x Yuria, which could only be achieved with a bug, to Engage's Alear x Veyle, which has a paired ending."

Plot twist: Kaga knew of the bug. He sternly forbade anybody from fixing it.

3 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

It's funny seeing you all riled up

3 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Veyle's paired ending would hit mainstream out of sheer memetic potential, now the chance has slipped away.

Lindon is the superior meme marriage anyway

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

know it's a lot for a shovel. And the bow is even worse. Yet, it's not like Link's Awakening has much else to use Rupees on? Other than the life potion. The economy is pretty limited in LA IIRC.

It is but you also gain Rupees rather slowly I feel. It's not like ALBW in that it throws a lot of rupees at you.

8 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Great Shield

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

but story is a whole other beast.

As I said in my review, it's all about intent. Engage's narrative weight is very light so it didn't necessarily need the story to be good. That it's pretty decent is a bonus. Three Houses, on the other hand, is more narratively heavy, it has an "obligation" to tell a good story.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, as I just did a Silver Skirmish in Solm and adopted a camel... I feel Engage went a bit in the wrong direction. Sure, wolf riders are cool and all, but where are my camel riders!?

Heavycamel_prev_aoe2de.png

How fast are camels actually?

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

characterization tier list

When it comes to these, while I can make a list, I don't order the list. There i'd be too indecisive haha.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If you don't care about the 0 death secret ending, you could always steal from the shop...

Nah I'm going for it this time.

15 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Bold of you to assume this would stop people.

Hah! Oh, that's just... Okay, so I just discovered I was wrong before. There's already a DLC Emblem that gives martial arts proficiency.

Spoiler

"We will strictly adhere to proficiencies that would make sense for each base game Emblem. Therefore, everyone and their mom has swords, but there's only one for daggers and fists and only two for tomes and staves. Mage Zelkov? That's a no-go."

Tiki gives fists for absolutely no reason beyond making you pay 30 bucks to get a different early healer than Jean/Framme.

Thanks, IntSys. I am so glad you surgically removed all this content that was blatantly ready before release so you could sell it back to me for 30 bucks.

Also this is small, but I hear the DLC paralogues scale as you progress? Why do they scale but not the vanilla ones? I would much prefer to be able to do them at my own pace... Lindon and Saphir need all the availability they can get.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, it isn't impossible and many have done it, but if you aren't a super hardcore gamer it's best to start on a lower difficulty to learn the ropes of the game.

That doesn't necessarily mean well designed, though. It doesn't take a hardcore gamer to play any CS game on Nightmare mode lmao. 

Oh shit! I just randomly discovered Reinhilde's voice actress from the funny plume game also plays one of the best characters in my favorite anime.

This is of no interest to anyone, but I had to mention it. I knew I liked her for a reason. Aside from being an old woman with a massive crossbow.

46 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

1675286535401.jpg

What Elyod did to Veyle. Meta commentary by the localizers

Spoiler

Ya know

The whole orphan thing in the translation is fucking funny considering there're no other dragons lol.

So they killed off Veyle and Alear in their ending or something xD

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He sternly forbade anybody from fixing it.

Based?

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How fast are camels actually?

According to Wikipedia, 25mph/40kmh sustained, 40mph/65kmh when dashing. Seems like horses have comparable limits.

IIRC from what I heard just once, if you're merely grazing the edges of the desert momentarily, horses are the better war mount. If you're fighting deeper and longer in the sands, the camel gain the advantage. And as beasts of burden for carrying your army's supplies over the dunes, the camel is incontestably the best.

Camels don't exactly have a great range of habitation, Northern Africa down to Ethiopia, the entirety of Southwest Asia (aka the Middle East) and part of Central Asia. Leaves out a lot of the places in the Eastern Hemisphere where humanity had made plentiful war, and hence leaves the camel's wartime record less extensive and valorized. And I don't think llamas and alpacas -which are camel relatives that migrated to South America instead of Eurasia 25 million years ago during an Ice Age- were ever used for war.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It is but you also gain Rupees rather slowly I feel. It's not like ALBW in that it throws a lot of rupees at you.

True. IIRC there is an obscure bombable room in the dungeons with a whole bunch laying around.

Berwick Ch.1 part 2.

Alright round 2...

MactEXtHqq.jpg

wait why are you attacking cleric on opposite of cliff this early, thats cheating dude..

is there someone, somewhere, out there that clear this map by using those 2 alone for the fact they are situated right beside the boss? this is nuts

also i cant find Christine-that-wears-pants, did Ruben lie or something hmmm 😕

huh, the game hide the tutorial behind "condition". but go out of their way to explain what victory is...thanks captain obvious. soo, more enemy means more turn for them, balanced indeed

i feel like deleting the game this early already. but last time i did that was Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition... and now im an avid fans of souls series. better not make same mistake

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

6sbw1repn8ha1.jpg

Marth replaces Eliwood for FE7 remake

Andy, Max, and Sami are our Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn remake.

Amusingly, it's actually the other way around, considering Blazing Blade took quite a few cues from Advance Wars.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN CAMELS ARE FASTER THAN WOLVES (in short bursts).

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

According to Wikipedia, 25mph/40kmh sustained, 40mph/65kmh when dashing. Seems like horses have comparable limits.

IIRC from what I heard just once, if you're merely grazing the edges of the desert momentarily, horses are the better war mount. If you're fighting deeper and longer in the sands, the camel gain the advantage. And as beasts of burden for carrying your army's supplies over the dunes, the camel is incontestably the best.

Camels don't exactly have a great range of habitation, Northern Africa down to Ethiopia, the entirety of Southwest Asia (aka the Middle East) and part of Central Asia. Leaves out a lot of the places in the Eastern Hemisphere where humanity had made plentiful war, and hence leaves the camel's wartime record less extensive and valorized. And I don't think llamas and alpacas -which are camel relatives that migrated to South America instead of Eurasia 25 million years ago during an Ice Age- were ever used for war.

This reminds me, apparently the US tried to introduce camels to North America and even planned to have a camel cavalry division. Or so I read.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This reminds me, apparently the US tried to introduce camels to North America and even planned to have a camel cavalry division. Or so I read.

Similarly, the Soviets once tried to domesticate moose to make a moose cavalry. 

It uh.....did not work.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Similarly, the Soviets once tried to domesticate moose to make a moose cavalry. 

It uh.....did not work.

So that's why they never captured moose and squirrel!

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Andy, Max, and Sami are our Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn remake.

Amusingly, it's actually the other way around, considering Blazing Blade took quite a few cues from Advance Wars.

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES IT!😄

While the faceless avatar-advisor/tactician & three leads (with their colors and power levels even matching to a degree), is decidedly Blazing, in terms of gameplay the AW1 campaign is far more reminiscent of Binding to me. This owed to how... rough and difficult AW1 can be, well, provided you aim to unlock all the Sonja battles and either Eagle or Drake. Using Max for the Green Earth battles makes Hector look like a twig.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yep.

In 1856 a US diplomat named Gwinn Harris Heap arrived in Smyrna carrying funds to purchase several dozen camels for the US Army under the direction of then-Secretary of War Jefferson Davis. The army planned to deploy the camels as long-range pack animals in the desert territories acquired from Mexico. Among eight men hired in Smyrna to help with the task was Hadji Ali. He traveled into the interior of Turkey to help purchase 33 camels, which were loaded on board the USS Supply and sent to Texas. The next year the army came back for more, and this time Hadji Ali was hired as a full-time handler. In Texas he marched 41 camels inland to Camp Verde in the hills west of San Antonio, where they joined up with the camels that had arrived the year before. 

In 1860 the army experimented with its camels to create an express messenger service between Los Angeles and Fort Mojave on the Colorado River.

The Civil War in 1861 brought the camel corps experiment to an end. Former Secretary of War Jefferson Davis became a senator from Mississippi and then president of the Confederacy. In Texas the Army surrendered Camp Verde to the secessionists, retook it four years later and in 1869 abandoned it.

https://www.aramcoworld.com/Articles/February-2021/Hi-Jolly-Uncle-Sam-s-Camel-Captain

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO SEES IT!😄

While the faceless avatar-advisor/tactician & three leads (with their colors and power levels even matching to a degree), is decidedly Blazing, in terms of gameplay the AW1 campaign is far more reminiscent of Binding to me. This owed to how... rough and difficult AW1 can be, well provided you aim to unlock all the Sonja battles and either Eagle or Drake. Max makes Hector look like a twig.

It was deliberate.

IS saw how well Advance Wars did on the international market, which combined with Marth and Roy's popularity in Melee, is what made them decide to bring FE at last out of Japan too. That's why Blazing Blade was made as it was.

40 minutes ago, joevar said:

Berwick Ch.1 part 2.

Alright round 2...

Ayy.

MactEXtHqq.jpg

wait why are you attacking cleric on opposite of cliff this early, thats cheating dude..

Izerna can be a bit tricky to keep safe. Dean's really powerful, but he's only one man.

is there someone, somewhere, out there that clear this map by using those 2 alone for the fact they are situated right beside the boss? this is nuts

I don't believe I've seen it, but it's probably doable. Dean is very, very good.

also i cant find Christine-that-wears-pants, did Ruben lie or something hmmm 😕

o2gvpzh_d.jpg

She appears on turn 4.

i feel like deleting the game this early already. but last time i did that was Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition... and now im an avid fans of souls series. better not make same mistake

...Oof. Well, hopefully it gets better for you.