• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

44 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Being able to change class change requirements would most certainly be a game changer. As is, I tried to be creative.

For example seeing how Czene's class change really doesn't warrant carrying her weak thief ass all the way to level 10, I simply increased her base level. But of course I didn't want it to be entirely free either, so now it's at 6.

That is incorrect. Tico is worth carrying Czene's weak thief ass all the way to level 10.

44 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

At one point I had Despoil on Czene, in an attempt to add additional incentive to give her all those kills. But that just wasn't cutting it.

Speaking of Czene, a lot of the knife buffs from 1 to 2 might are done solely so that Czene can use Flourish without it failing because the damage halving prevented it from dealing any damage.

Making her a dedicated injure...r does seem like a nice niche for her.

35 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Of course, I could just play the Octopath demo now, for some variety.

I'd say it might be a good change of pace. The demo isn't long, it took me around two hours and that was Osvald, who has the longest start. Temenos took me an hour. 

Yooooo

Yeah one part I neglected to mention is that the guy is pretty lax about the whole faith thing. He says the darnedest things for a high ranking member of the church.

All of these sides to him, and the trailers left you thinking "boring cleric." Ain't that something?

So something else for me to hoard

It's the best kind of mechanic. It charged easily enough, is not limited and doesn't carry over from battle to battle. Zero hoarding fears to be had!

Swapping out in combat might be hard to balance. Maybe you can arrange your team whenever outside of battle?

I'd just appreciate being able to swap the first pick out. Doing all the stories concurrently instead of doing four, then another four.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

Oh did TRS have a bad end too?

Spoiler

If you reach the turn limit in the final map, Gerxel powers up and unleashes a super attack. It kills everyone, friend or foe, one by one, sparing only Tia. Gerxel wants her to suffer. Pretty metal stuff.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Perma death is very much a thing. There is even a cemetery behind the Abbey. If you visit your characters' graves, you will get their inventory back.

I can't believe I neglected to mention the cemetery. One of the coolest little things in Berwick. 

5 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Also, in Berwick is Mercenary price determined by their level or stats? I wasn't certain and didn't want to guess on that one.

It's only level.

Each mercenary has a base cost and an additional cost for each level they have under their belt. So some characters get much more expensive as they level, while others more or less stay as is.

My Girl Timerra truly 2nd coming of Ike. She can double with Ragnell now and has 42 Deg with Ragnell equipped....withou taking Resolve/Aether into consideration, pushing it to 54? XD

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That historical thing Fates forgot about

And gave to Nohr instead xD

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why have I never seen a helmet like this before?

They were visionaries and saw crabs raving long before us xD

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looking at the averages, she'll end up at 23.5 at 20/20 if you immediately reclass her on joining to Sorcerer.

So i am fighting an End game Camilla? Makes sense

But...Camilla is considered promoted at 10, so she can never reach 20/20 right 😛

Whatever save file she came from Corn must've given there some Eternal seals xD

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

It's only level.

Each mercenary has a base cost and an additional cost for each level they have under their belt. So some characters get much more expensive as they level, while others more or less stay as is.

Ah, thank you for the clarification!

5 hours ago, joevar said:

do i have to buy them every chapter too?

No. they stay.

But they do have their own health bars, which you can see below the character's health bar. So not only can they die, but unless you are Christine they never heal either.

Horses take the same amount of damage as their riders.
Certain weapons will also instantly kill horses, should their rider take any damage at all.

Edited by BrightBow

It's like me with Omori...

And me with Vestaria Saga...

And me with Persona 3...

And me with... you get the idea...

But as it stands, it's more of a me problem than the games themselves. Since this doesn't happen just with video games...

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This image is apparently from Square, not that they truly care.

They're putting out merch but still refusing to put the game on modern consoles.

On 2/10/2023 at 8:12 PM, Saint Rubenio said:
On 2/10/2023 at 7:19 PM, joevar said:

what about double attack? is that because of miss, so attempting for another attack?

Indeed, (regular) battles end when one party takes damage. If the enemy takes no damage, the enemy takes a shot. If you take no damage and your speed is high enough, you double. It's a bit tough to wrap your head around, but it's great when it clicks.

Worth noting that Desperation and Deathmatch force full rounds of combat. So they always feature the initial attack, counter attack and retry attack, even if every attack lands.

Also only the attacker can do a retry attack. Unless Vantage is in play, since that reverses who counts as the attacker.

lMHiuf6.jpg

20 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm pretty sure that is the point you stop acquiring Master/Second Seals outside buying them. I don't recall ever gaining another of either after they became infinite to buy.

You get a Second Seal in Chapter 18, but I'll keep this in mind.

20 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you can find me a cliff from which I can view time objectively and see when this story ends in English, I'll give it try a 1 & 1/2 years before that concluding date.

It might take a decade or so, but we'll get to that point eventually.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Engage is still floating around, but I feel kind of demotivated to finish it?

Maybe you could take a break and play... wait, you already played the games I would normally recommend.

How about... Pikmin? Yeah, play Pikmin.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I wonder if there may be some copyright/trademark shenanigans involved.

I mean they own Xenogears fully, that's why they can make merch and put the characters in the gacha. It's why Monolith Soft had to make "legally distinct Fei" twice.

Just now, Armagon said:

I mean they own Xenogears fully, that's why they can make merch and put the characters in the gacha. It's why Monolith Soft had to make "legally distinct Fei" twice.

It might be beyond just ownership. Or by fully do you mean absolutely everything?

Like, they also "fully" own Chrono Trigger in the sense of the game itself, but because Toriyama's Bird Studio owns the character designs, then any deal has to be done with both. This is why SE could put Crono, Lucca, and Marle in Cross, but they wouldn't look quite as we see them in Trigger anyway. Hence the whole "ghost children" thing.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Or by fully do you mean absolutely everything?

I think they own everything Xenogears but who knows, maybe Mitsuda has a hold on the music or some shit idk.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think they own everything Xenogears but who knows, maybe Mitsuda has a hold on the music or some shit idk.

Well, it'd make sense then.

Most merch wouldn't need the music license, but the game definitely would.

Dammit, Ruben’s posting got to me.

HQB8tzJ.jpg

Some others do intrigue me, but in the end, the decision of character is easy.

Se0DsJ9.jpg

And btw, screw Tenemos. She is the best detective character. After waking up in an apothecary uniform, being told about apothecaries with strange uniforms, and having strange medical knowledge, she needs to find a bag with medicine she had before coming to the genius conclusion

9mXjH8O.jpg
So yeah.

I made decent progress. I didn’t get to any battles, but I think was just about to. The dialogue was a little strange at times, but the beginning of the story has been decent, although the “mystery” aspect has been a little heavy handed. Either they’re making the mystery super predictable, or they’re not, and I’m gonna get thrown for a loop. We’ll see.

Castti’s night action seems pretty useless outside of very specific circumstances, story or otherwise, which is a little underwhelming. It’s like they had to force in a second path action for her. But maybe it’ll be used well, we’ll see.

There’ve been more cinematic shots so far than in the whole of the first game, so that’s cool.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd say it might be a good change of pace. The demo isn't long, it took me around two hours and that was Osvald, who has the longest start. Temenos took me an hour.

Welp. Already went ahead and did it.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah one part I neglected to mention is that the guy is pretty lax about the whole faith thing. He says the darnedest things for a high ranking member of the church.

All of these sides to him, and the trailers left you thinking "boring cleric." Ain't that something?

I mean, more of “boring truth seeker”. His entire thing in the trailers was “I must find the truth” with no real… emotion? to it, I guess, although that might’ve just been his VA, idk. He just seemed boring.

But by all means, I would love Kevin 2.0.

37 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Maybe you could take a break and play... wait, you already played the games I would normally recommend.

What games even are those? I never played Xenoblade.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

New best Ike ship?

You know it!

Although apparently Hector can give Ike a run for his money in regards being the best Emblem for Timerra to use.