4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

20230211_224124.jpg

New best Ike ship?

I had him on Vandad until the chapter 21 recruit came about

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Dammit, Ruben’s posting got to me.

That tends to happen doesn't it.

Some others do intrigue me, but in the end, the decision of character is easy.

Se0DsJ9.jpg

You tell me how it goes.

And btw, screw Tenemos. She is the best detective character. After waking up in an apothecary uniform, being told about apothecaries with strange uniforms, and having strange medical knowledge, she needs to find a bag with medicine she had before coming to the genius conclusion

9mXjH8O.jpg
So yeah.

Temenos would definitely agree that she's the superior detective. In a blatantly sarcastic manner, but he would!

I made decent progress. I didn’t get to any battles, but I think was just about to. The dialogue was a little strange at times, but the beginning of the story has been decent, although the “mystery” aspect has been a little heavy handed. Either they’re making the mystery super predictable, or they’re not, and I’m gonna get thrown for a loop. We’ll see.

Castti’s night action seems pretty useless outside of very specific circumstances, story or otherwise, which is a little underwhelming. It’s like they had to force in a second path action for her. But maybe it’ll be used well, we’ll see.

There’ve been more cinematic shots so far than in the whole of the first game, so that’s cool.

There's a lot of redundancies with the path actions. They are better for flavor than anything else, honestly.

Visually it is very much an improvement, if a subtle one. I do miss the glitter of the snow, though. It sounds small but the cute snow made the Frostlands so fucking pretty, legit some of the most stunning winterlands I've seen in videogames. In this one the snow feels more... oppressive, bleaker somehow. Though maybe that's by design, seeing how the character that starts in the snowy area is Osvald, and Osvald's beginning is... Uh, unfortunate.

Welp. Already went ahead and did it.

I can see that!

I mean, more of “boring truth seeker”. His entire thing in the trailers was “I must find the truth” with no real… emotion? to it, I guess, although that might’ve just been his VA, idk. He just seemed boring.

But by all means, I would love Kevin 2.0.

Yes, I can tell you that this is not quite Cyrus but without the dorkiness. It's closer to Cyrus if Cyrus was a dick. He's pretty neat-- not as neat as Osvald, but Osvald is on another level anyway.

• Replies 177.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Temenos would definitely agree that she's the superior detective. In a blatantly sarcastic manner, but he would!

Secretly best character?

Visually it is very much an improvement, if a subtle one. I do miss the glitter of the snow, though. It sounds small but the cute snow made the Frostlands so fucking pretty, legit some of the most stunning winterlands I've seen in videogames. In this one the snow feels more... oppressive, bleaker somehow. Though maybe that's by design, seeing how the character that starts in the snowy area is Osvald, and Osvald's beginning is... Uh, unfortunate.

Huh… well, makes sense. Osvald’s story seems… heavy.

Yes, I can tell you that this is not quite Cyrus but without the dorkiness. It's closer to Cyrus if Cyrus was a dick. He's pretty neat-- not as neat as Osvald, but Osvald is on another level anyway.

Nice.

I'm reminded, I have put Soren and Ivy together to see how it fares. Apparently he's best on Mythical units, which Lindwurm is sadly not categorized as, but at the very least I'd want to see what I can get her to inherit.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Secretly best character?

No. Not Osvald.

Huh… well, makes sense. Osvald’s story seems… heavy.

Legit the worst starting chapter out of any character in this game or the last. Even Primrose. Because at least she had a friend. Osvald had a notebook.

Nice.

His interactions in the first chapter are hilarious. Dude annoys the shit out of people. And unlike Cyrus, it's not because he's a pompous dork.

...I'm gonna miss Cyrus. Osvald is amazing but he's not a lovable cinnamon roll like Cyrus was.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm reminded, I have put Soren and Ivy together to see how it fares. Apparently he's best on Mythical units, which Lindwurm is sadly not categorized as, but at the very least I'd want to see what I can get her to inherit.

Yes utilize Soren, for he is the key to victory!

Even so, Flare alone is just so good in its base form. Reduces enemy's Res by 20% and restores you half the HP you inflict as damage when using Tomes? Soren is basically an Anti-Mage, well, Mage. Even then, the Mystical bonus is just turning that 20% to 30%, so not that large of an amount unless the enemy had high-enough Res to begin with.

So yeah, I might actually keep him with her. I gave her Celica's Tome Precision 5 to mitigate her low Dex. Her other skill is Bow Guard 5, but it might be replaced with Soren's own Magic Guard 5, since it seems to be superior for her.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No. Not Osvald.

Castti

Legit the worst starting chapter out of any character in this game or the last. Even Primrose. Because at least she had a friend. Osvald had a notebook.

But suffering good…

His interactions in the first chapter are hilarious. Dude annoys the shit out of people. And unlike Cyrus, it's not because he's a pompous dork.

Hmm…

I finished Chapter 19, the elderly squadron is now complete.

Spoiler

I'm not used to enemies using Warp/Rescue staves, so I wasn't expecting Mauvier's tactic of warping enemies over to you. Him using Rescue on Marni and her minions so they could gang up on you when you're not expecting it was also clever.

Mauvier is a member of the Veyle protection society, so he's a cool guy.

Is the next chapter plot twist time? Or maybe it's the one after it...

3 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

One of Engage’s main villains ladies and gentlemen. Not since Peake’s Steerpike or Shakespeare’s Iago have I seen such a compelling evildoer. 

I don't know, calling someone chicken seems pretty sinister in my book.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

His entire thing in the trailers was “I must find the truth”

I get it, he's an Ace Attorney protagonist.

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

What games even are those? I never played Xenoblade.

You played Trails and 13 Sentinels already, but I'm sure there are other things worth playing, like Viva Piñata.

Xenoblade 2 is the best game, start with that. Well actually you shouldn't start with it, but it's still the best one.

8 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

https://i.redd.it/xib4odaf9npz.gif

B-but Ninian...

Edited by Lightchao42

I mean, it doesn't preclude the Wife & Mistress approach...

Actually, that wouldn't be a bad fanfic idea. Human x Dragon hybrids could be sterile, so as much Eliwood and Ninian love each other, she can't provide a heir to Pherae. So by necessity...

I mean, Rebecca already had to be Roy's wet nurse anyway, so might as well...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

19 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

They… have the same color eyes?

Ah, hell, it’s 06. He only likes this because he ships it, Roy x Lilina, and Hector x Florina.

Ah, hell, it’s 06. He only likes this because he ships it, Roy x Lilina, and Hector x Florina.

I mean, if you are going to commit, then it should be Eliwood x Fiora, Hector x Farina, and Lyn x Florina. Fun for the whole family!

Just now, Armagon said:

So when Roy and Lilina get together.....SWEET HOME JUGDRAL 

More or less.

---

On a serious note, I am Team Ninian for Eliwood, Team Florina for Hector, and Team Rath for Lyn.

The novelization agrees!

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, now I am curious.

Do you all think the Engage manga may actually go as far as introduce the Pact Ring? If so, would Alear actually give it to someone...?

Hmmm. I'd imagine IntSys would supervise it and they haven't hard pushed anybody since Elibe. Closest we got was Chrom/Sumia in Awakening's opening but at the rate things are going, you'd think Chrom is bi.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Do you all think the Engage manga may actually go as far as introduce the Pact Ring? If so, would Alear actually give it to someone...?

I'm assuming that's the S-Support item? Include a 4-koma at the end where they chuck it over their shoulder off a Somniel cliff and everyone goes skydiving after it -or only those who truly love 'em. That's the ultimate test of devotion.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hmmm. I'd imagine IntSys would supervise it and they haven't hard pushed anybody since Elibe. Closest we got was Chrom/Sumia in Awakening's opening but at the rate things are going, you'd think Chrom is bi.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm assuming that's the S-Support item? Include a 4-koma at the end where they chuck over their shoulder off a Somniel cliff and everyone goes skydiving after it -or only those who truly love 'em. That's the ultimate test of devotion.

Personally, I think the safest/most-neutral choice would be that it's given to

Spoiler

Veyle and the whole family bond is pushed instead.

Still, I'd give them props if they were to actually pick. Even if it's not Ivy... but then again that means they chose wrong.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

"The Angler Key is in Animal Village, located all the way to the southeast"

Me: "alright cool how do i get there"

Game: "Idk fuck you"

I know it's a remake of a GameBoy game but like this type of game design does tick me off. Off to a walkthrough because i've already tried every route i could think of.

Also, Chrom/Sumia had more than just the opening.

There was the whole FMV of Sumia rescuing Chrom which was even called "Lovebirds" in Japan and NA (Europe renamed it to be more neutral). Sumia is the one with the fastest support gain with Chrom. She's also the one with the highest priority in the case of ties. There's also the infamous scene at Chapter 8, which is also unique to her. She even has the glitch that makes her spawn during the reveal at Chapter 13.

So I wouldn't say the pairing wasn't heavily pushed.

Oh of course, silly me, i had to cut open this random bush that does not suggest at all that you have to do that. Teehee.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, Chrom/Sumia had more than just the opening.

There was the whole FMV of Sumia rescuing Chrom which was even called "Lovebirds" in Japan and NA (Europe renamed it to be more neutral). Sumia is the one with the fastest support gain with Chrom. She's also the one with the highest priority in the case of ties. There's also the infamous scene at Chapter 8, which is also unique to her. She even has the glitch that makes her spawn during the reveal at Chapter 13.

So I wouldn't say the pairing wasn't heavily pushed.

That is true.

Still though, IntSys seemingly pushes Chrom/Robin now more.

5 hours ago, BrightBow said:

No. they stay.

But they do have their own health bars, which you can see below the character's health bar. So not only can they die, but unless you are Christine they never heal either.

Horses take the same amount of damage as their riders.
Certain weapons will also instantly kill horses, should their rider take any damage at all.

dont tell me.. the secret sauce to winning the war is find a Stud,.. i mean a strong stallion to blaze field and poke at enemy general since turn one?!  XD

either way much appreciated for trying to answer all my questions

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Haha, ah well. Mistakes were made. Well, not to worry. At least everyone got some happiness out of it. Consider it a kind donation from Good Boy Reese.

yeah, at least that will guarantee Tianna long lasting smile when welcoming me in the mansion for being a good lord. Thus is the salvation i need, i mean i mean Reese need

hopefully that doesnt sound too horny

i still cant get over the fact they give us someone like that and Reese be like "oh you're the maid" (might be TL shenanigans). like come on, she wears CAPES. as per the Rules of Cool-ness she is more important than a mere Maid by donning a cape

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

where is FE6 remake when we need it??!!! i need it more than judgral remake to solves this decades long mystery, lol

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Is the next chapter plot twist time? Or maybe it's the one after it...

Spoiler

yes. or rather from chapter 20 onwards every chapter contains medium to large plot twist.

they really crammed all the backstory, mystery unravelling, and lore dump in the back end of the game. FE really dont know how to pace itself

Edited by joevar

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

More or less.

---

On a serious note, I am Team Ninian for Eliwood, Team Florina for Hector, and Team Rath for Lyn.

The novelization agrees!

Dont Ninian say she don’t live too long tho? 🤔

Dont give a man a wife thats gonna drop dead in 6 mos