• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, TheChoZenOne said:

Been meaning to finally play Octopath 1 so then I can get in on the hype of Octopath 2!! Need to find the time to play it this year. Heard people love that game

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good. The battle system is pretty fun and the music is amazing. Start with Ophilia, as God intended.

Edited by Sooks

Man.

This challenge is testing the limits of my love for Berwick Saga.

...I mean, it's still the greatest strategy game ever made, but hot damn. I'm not enough of a masochist to enjoy this amount of punishment... It's not even the game's doing half the time, I'm just being particularly awful at everything in this run. I keep setting myself up to the dumbest scenarios imaginable.

16 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Then it would be fate, which i'm challenging!

It is not fate you must fear.

1 minute ago, Lightcosmo said:

Ruben and Cosmo: destined rivals! Xd

Naaah. That's Armagon. We have occasional disagreements.

Also you are a murderer, but that's a different matter altogether.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Naaah. That's Armagon. We have occasional disagreements.

Also you are a murderer, but that's a different matter altogether.

I suppose I dont have the attitude to be a rival. 

I am not! What an awful thing to say! 

7 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I usually just kill the archers by firing over the wall before even tearing down the last gate.

Grauve himself won't attack the engineers and they seem to be set to move towards Reese.

well tahts the problem. i thought one of them might have "talk" event that i dont want to shoot them. 

while the head engineer will keep walking toward reeese, the other going walk aimless outside for a while then going back to their cell lmao

ydmg4FGEBU.jpg

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You don't understand it because it does not exist. Berwick Saga is the greatest strategy game ever made.

this game dont want me to praise it. the moment i praise it, it starts throwing cruveball toward me. so i will keep dissing it moderately

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Man.

This challenge is testing the limits of my love for Berwick Saga.

...I mean, it's still the greatest strategy game ever made, but hot damn. I'm not enough of a masochist to enjoy this amount of punishment... It's not even the game's doing half the time, I'm just being particularly awful at everything in this run. I keep setting myself up to the dumbest scenarios imaginable.

Tbf

self sabotaging being an awful experience is the mark of a good srpg? xD

I remember when you tried to self sabotage in conquest in your first try and had a pretty bad time then as well

gsdx-20230218174635.png

Not again!:facepalm:

Feels like this is ~3/4s of the way through. This far in, I think I'll end up giving AI3 the same score as AI2- 7.5, with the last 0.5 going back and forth between subjective bias and objective score. I wouldn't say Atelier got palpably better with this installment. Overall, I think I'd call Grand Phantasm more of a side-grade to Azoth of Destiny. Combat is better, even if it has turned out to be overall easy despite the improvements. Elsewhere, it's more give-and-take that balances out the scales of judgement to the same as before. 

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

The opening to FSA is hilarious btw. 

Zelda: "the Six Maidens and I will open the Sanctuary to make sure Vaati doesn't escape".

Vaati: *escapes*

Zelda and the Maidens: 🤯

You type this and bash on Kaga two quotes later.😛

Looking at it again, why is Dark Link, Dark Link?🤔 He isn't a hero yet! What, did being in the presence of the Four Sword cause sentient formless metamorphic darkness to read the "sword's memory" of the great hero (heroes with Minish Cap in retrospect) -one worthy of being copied- who once yielded the blade, who of course was also a Link?

Inspecting a magical seal holding back a great evil sounds reasonable, particularly in the case of unnatural ominous conditions in the world. The problem is said evil is alive with a consciousness and desire to break free and spread itself, unlike an abandoned and contained nuclear reactor that went into a total meltdown. Zelda herself needing to check the seal makes some sense b/c I imagine you don't too many people able to tamper/inspect such a seal, but she should've brought a protective army with her. She knew there was evil behind it, she shouldn't have betted it wasn't freed yet without proper precautions. -Real-world logic applied to something simple, totally fantastical, and for kids.😝

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

hot damn. I'm not enough of a masochist to enjoy this amount of punishment... It's not even the game's doing half the time, I'm just being particularly awful at everything in this run. I keep setting myself up to the dumbest scenarios imaginable.

You are testing the limits of victory for BS. If your intentional mucking-everything-up run manages to finish the game, then it's possible with practically any other setup!😉 Since pretty all other runs ought to have more resources than you, and more resources = more ease. If anyone complains to you that Berwick is too hard after this, you shall have the right to chuck a shoe at them and tell them to shut up it's doable!

41 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

self sabotaging being an awful experience is the mark of a good srpg? xD

Self sabotage Engage run when?

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

gsdx-20230218174635.png

Not again!:facepalm:

DREAD IT

RUN FROM IT

OUROBOROUS STILL ARRIVES

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looking at it again, why is Dark Link, Dark Link?🤔

Honestly the Four Swords games are like the games with the least amount of lore, barring the NES titles. It's very "gamey", which makes sense (I wonder if there are people who consider the Four Swords games to be "good games just not good Zelda games").

That being said, I don't know what Dark Link's plan was. Pull the Four Sword himself to free Vaati? But he just let Link do it. I suppose mission accomplished either way.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good. The battle system is pretty fun and the music is amazing. Start with Ophilia, as God intended.

Gotcha!! Will do!! Also Goated pfp. Solm sibbies best sibbies. 🙏

I was thinking, about Zelda's usual kidnappings, it's weird in Ocarina of Time. She only gets kidnapped after she drops the Shiek disguise except....how did Ganondorf know? He wasn't physically there. Did he have clairvoyance? 

Like at least the other times Zelda has gotten kidnapped, it made some sense.....outside of Wind Waker because, again, how did Ganondorf know where she was?

It's like Deirdre. How did Manfroy know where she was? How did Manfroy know who she was? Imagine he just kidnapped the wrong girl by accident and doesn't find out until 18 years later.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She only gets kidnapped after she drops the Shiek disguise except....how did Ganondorf know? He wasn't physically there.

Isn't he just watching Link? He says something like "i knew you would reveal yourself if i let the kid run around." Sorta implying he was watching Link as he progressed.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I was thinking, about Zelda's usual kidnappings, it's weird in Ocarina of Time. She only gets kidnapped after she drops the Shiek disguise except....how did Ganondorf know? He wasn't physically there. Did he have clairvoyance? 

I'd be surprised if Ganondorf wasn't keeping an eye on Shiek. Specially once word had reached him of Link finding the Sages and Shiek was aiding him.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's like Deirdre. How did Manfroy know where she was? How did Manfroy know who she was? Imagine he just kidnapped the wrong girl by accident and doesn't find out until 18 years later.

Well, Dierdre looks a lot like her mother, so it was a matter of memorizing a portrait of Cigyun and see who closely matched. Considering Sigurd had to deal with Grannvelean appointed governors of the conquered parts of Agustria, maybe one or two were Loptr spies, saw Dierdre, and reported back to Manfroy.

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Isn't he just watching Link? He says something like "i knew you would reveal yourself if i let the kid run around." Sorta implying he was watching Link as he progressed.

I think it was more like Ganondorf knew of Link.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd be surprised if Ganondorf wasn't keeping an eye on Shiek.

But like even then, how did he know Shiek was Zelda?

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, Dierdre looks a lot like her mother, so it was a matter of memorizing a portrait of Cigyun and see who closely matched. Considering Sigurd had to deal with Grannvelean appointed governors of the conquered parts of Agustria, maybe one or two were Loptr spies, saw Dierdre, and reported back to Manfroy.

But what if they were wrong?

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Now that you brought it up, considering Dierdre and Edain met each other, it would indeed be something of an amusing scenario if Manfroy had kidnapped Edain instead. lol

Manfroy: *gives Book of Lopto to Edain!Julius*

Manfroy: "Why is it not working"