Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah i can't think of any specific instance either.

I mean I’ve had some pretty unfortunate moments but they just feel like typical RNG moments.

Inb4 Cosmo is the one who recorded the 0% crit video

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean I’ve had some pretty unfortunate moments but they just feel like typical RNG moments.

Inb4 Cosmo is the one who recorded the 0% crit video

Most RNG moment i had was an enemy getting a crit on turn one of the final map. Fogado had Hold Out+3 though and it's like the one time in the game Hold Out actually did something lmao.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I started another session of AI3, only to see my controller die on me during shortly into it. It greatly annoys me when I forget to charge it like this.😑

Needed to find something to do with my time, so I took advantage of some perfect quietude and did some catching up on my reading.:

Mausoleo-di-Galla-Placidia-2-1.jpg

T'was for the better.🤩

Reading about the life of the pious Roman-princess-turned-Gothic-queen-turned-Roman-empress/dowager-empress & power-behind-the-throne Galla Placidia was informative and entertaining. Her daughter then being the woman that famously offered her hand in marriage to Attila the Hun (Placidia opposed this) added irony to the amusement. As did the fact that Placidia had her female cousin executed for alleged conspiring with the Goths two years before she was captured/six years before she married her Gothic monarchal first husband. Thanks for the church in Ravenna BTW!

What a shame Fire Emblem will be too busy endlessly rehashing overused tropes to bother looking for and slipping in such interesting IRL historical individuals.

As they say, reality is often stranger than fiction.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Our version of Kilroy was Here.

Sure enough. That's not even considering how many Streets are going to be named Sephiroth Avenue.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’m about to start a math project where I will write about, among other things, jalapeño pizza.

…that’s not particularly relevant, but I felt like mentioning it. Name a pokemon jalapeño for me.

Damn it all that would've made for a much better Charmander name

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Heh

He'll take Zuzu's head from her shoulders and HANG IT FROM THE GATES OF PALLET TOWN

It is amazing how quickly you fell in love with this guy just based off of one screenshot.

I mean, did you see that screenshot? He was making a fucking amazing pose. He was like, pretending to be a plane. But with only one arm. I can just imagine him sprinting around going "naaaaaaaaaa"

It's going to be really fun when I do finally get to it, especially with how many Xenofans are on here.

Not a Xenofan but I am quite interested in your opinion here.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Moosik.

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Dc7ZoVf.jpg

Oh hey, it's the furry loli.

Osvald cooler

It's Hawaiian for "Moon", if you were wondering.

The more you know.

I am mildly irritated that Engage's final recruit is a spoiler, now I have to wait who-knows-how-long to post reaction images with them...

I mean, it is a character that exists. An image of them is not necessarily a spoiler.

Besides, who needs that when you can react with Lindon's player card icon. Seriously, look it up, the face they made him do there is priceless.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

But then I think about how cool and intriguing Castti’s story is, how fun concoct probably will be, and I just want to enjoy her as protagonist. They should’ve called her Oastti.

Jesus her name is ugly enough as it is dude.

No joke though, it's a minor nitpick but I like the names this time around less. Castti and Partitio don't even sound like names, Agnea is way too close to Apnea, Hikari is a hilariously generic name for a virtuous samurai and I cannot look up Throné's etimology because Google ignores the accent and defaults to looking for Garon chairs. The other three are okay, but sheesh.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, now I get why they looked small.

The manga begins when Clanne and Framme first became stewards... when they were around 12 years old. Going by the math done in the reddit thread taking the Day X labels.

Does it contradict the datamined ages again or were they used as the base to do the maths?

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Sure she's an amnesiac with a probably dark past, but have you considered "fight humans with giant iguana"? And she likes meat, like Timerra.

That's true. I might have to make room for her just based on her cool hunter abilities. And who knows, maybe the planets will align and she'll be a furry loli that isn't cringe.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think Ivy just doesn't have the Master Lance there yet

She does in Maddening

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20230219_1948488916887479230871016.j

TRUE

Diamant x Citrinne superior in every way

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Alcryst x Celine

finally agreeing on a ship?

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Is there something about RNG in Engage that makes it BS? I mean I get hit with a lot of low% crits but

i missed with -on average- at least 10 chain attacks per map on my playthrough. Relied on it enough times and got burned for it. 

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Which All for One could help with, if you end up in a position where it’s useful.

The 2nd part just means situational though. And FE is a game that runs off of consistency for the most part as far as I can tell. 

If something is truly "great", then its something that you can always rely on in ANY scenario. As far as I know in regards to FE anyways.

I just dont think it makes for a "high tier" option.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Diamant x Citrinne superior in every way

Hey wait a minute.

40 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

missed with -on average- at least 10 chain attacks per map on my playthrough. Relied on it enough times and got burned for it. 

Chain Attacks have a fixed 80% hit-rate so that's just bad luck tbh.

16 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

On topic of personal attack skills, Corrin's is one of the best i think. 3 Range and the ability to stop enemies from moving and lowers stats by -4? How many units can this hit in total?

Torrential Roar hits in a line and the debuffs are applied on every adjacent unit. An entire Kaga block could be stopped with one Torrential Roar. So even when it's not hitting hard that much, it's very much worth it if there's a big group.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Torrential Roar hits in a line and the debuffs are applied on every adjacent unit. An entire Kaga block could be stopped with one Torrential Roar. So even when it's not hitting hard that much, it's very much worth it if there's a big group.

See that's how i feel, and comparing simply taking out only one unit is nothing compared to how crazy this is. The enemy simply loses a TON of milage due to how the game plays.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Does it contradict the datamined ages again or were they used as the base to do the maths?

Were used to do the math.

I mean, other than Vander and Saphir, just about all the other ages are fine.

Also, my mistake, they weren't 12. Checking against the reddit post, they were actually 8 when first arriving at the Somniel. Though they did officially became stewards at 12.

Oh. Ohhhhhh ok. @Interdimensional Observer so the Iris fairy that you questioned why they were repping those games. Turns out the fairy was a semi-recurring character, first showing up all the way back in Marie. Gramnad was the fairy's first consistent appearances but they haven't shown up past Iris.

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

i missed with -on average- at least 10 chain attacks per map on my playthrough. Relied on it enough times and got burned for it.

Bad luck’s happen.

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

The 2nd part just means situational though. And FE is a game that runs off of consistency for the most part as far as I can tell. 

If something is truly "great", then its something that you can always rely on in ANY scenario. As far as I know in regards to FE anyways.

Eh, FE tends to throw you different scenarios in different chapters well the good ones anyway. With bosses consistently being some of the toughest scenarios for every map, having a delete button that you lose nothing by setting up is good. Since when you get to the boss, your army will tend to naturally fall in position and you’re already gonna have Lucina equipped on someone anyway, it’ll be good. You might consider that too situational, but personally, I don’t think that’s too much so for it to not be good so… I guess it’s just a disagreement on that.

I just watched Goblet of Fire and I have to say that Chamber of Secrets is still the best Harry Potter movie.

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When I was a kid I liked it most because of Lupin. That's... really about it.

Lupin is great, I agree, and he has a nice mustache.

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When I grew up I stopped liking Harry Potter

I guess Harry Potter is truly just a mid series and it was my fault for having expectations.

TIL Lionel from Triangle Strategy. You know, this guy:

show

is voiced by the same man that did Lee Everett from Telltale's The Walking Dead.

That's... I actually cannot believe it. That's way more shocking than finding Kenny in Engage. How does it keep going back to Telltale?

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

So Dusk and Mysterious are completely represented by each of the protagonists while Arland and everything before it has a few supporting characters. In addition, the Iris fairy, Pamela and Hagel also show up, the latter two because they're recurring probably. The game is a town sim RPG and a lot of the inhabitants are also just characters from across the series, though they only pulled up to Iris in that regard.

For the Salburg and Gramnad characters, this was the first game in which they appear worldwide. Lilie and all of Gramnad in particular lack fan-translations.

So as you can see, unlike Engage, this is very much an Atelier All-Stars game that just happens to have a few OCs.

Sounds like it sure could please. (Which is bound to be easier to do than FE anyhow- b/c not a 30+ playable cast per game.) Thank you for the information.

On the Iris front, I'm not sure why they felt like slipping Norn in, she isn't truly important (I suppose b/c wholesome cute catgirl), though I understand leaving room for a silly "extra" pick. Arlin would've made a better third from a plot perspective, but then the many alchemists would need to whip up some bandages b/c ouch he's edgy.

As for the ancient alchemists, I feel sorry for them that this had to be the case, a lack of even fan-translations is sad. Fire Emblem is lucky to have had a diligent translation community.

Since you named her, I finished a quest this morning that also revealed that Pamela's death is explained in AI3. A different cause of death from her AI1 self's, but in both cases she doesn't remember it nor anything of her past until the heroes bring her something that jogs her memory.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh. Ohhhhhh ok. @Interdimensional Observer so the Iris fairy that you questioned why they were repping those games. Turns out the fairy was a semi-recurring character, first showing up all the way back in Marie. Gramnad was the fairy's first consistent appearances but they haven't shown up past Iris.

There isn't a single fairy, at least not in Iris. Rather, they're an entire species, one that ages slower than humans whilst retaining impeccable youthful appearances, and seemingly unexplained-ly all male. And the Iris games also decided that their Wood Manas look pretty much identical to the fairies, yet are completely unrelated. AI2 has a playable fairy, although I was confused at first b/c he braggingly gives himself the title "the Gun Mana", which contrary to American thinking is not one of the 13 elements that comprise the foundations of the universe.

Edit:

I'm guessing you learned that from the MaRiemake news today? B/c...

Atelier-Marie-Remake-The-Alchemist-of-Sa

They were a species first time around even. Much more color variety here than in the first two AIs, which relegated them all to wearing green (AI3 added some variety back). They remind me of the Harvest/Nature Sprites of SoS in this image -except two-tailed on the caps instead of one.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

the title "the Gun Mana", which contrary to American thinking is not one of the 13 elements that comprise the foundations of the universe.

Meanwhile FF X-2 Alchemists be like...