Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yet the guy was so good at pretending to be him so that when the real deal finally showed up, it was like he had always been there.

Yeah but the real Moody still never had those interactions with Harry so it's really lame. Unless he somehow also experienced it, idr.

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Amazinger name for a doll.

Gotta love references.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Imjin War (Invasion of Korea) of Toyotomi Hideyoshi and the Meiji through WWII conquest/occupation/colonization of Korea come to mind. 

I mean, you already have Hogwarts with the Anglo-Saxons and Irish together...

... then you remember the movies made the one known Irish character to always have stuff blowing up... uh huh...

Atelier-Marie-Remake-Bonues-1.png?width=

Atelier-Marie-Remake-Bonues-2.png?width=

Atelier-Marie-Remake-Bonues-4.png?width=

Atelier-Marie-Remake-Bonues-9.png?width=

Atelier-Marie-Remake-Bonues-7.png?width=

Marie is not immune to modern Atelier marketing, also she looks really good with glasses.

Atelier-Marie-Remake-1.png?width=1100&he

Honestly though, despite being a remake, this feels like a brand-new game. For the West especially but like, you could not do this in the originalIn the original, "exploration" was simply cut to black and the RNG determined what you got.

a12a1a2068e1b2c66e038dc14abcffb8b506fc96

This guy is just a Fire Emblem character that got Isekai'd into Salburg.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This is actually the first time in the Iris trilogy I've fulfilled the IRL alchemical dream

Really? Gold is.....a non-issue in modern Atelier. Like it takes a bit to craft sure but it's not that advanced, in fact, there's usually two or three tiers of higher metals above it (including the mythical "orichalcum"). 

Now Philosopher Stones, on the other hand, that is a very advanced recipe. This did not stop Lulua from making "Philosopher Stone Curry", which is exactly what it sounds like.

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Gotta love references.

When I saw a quest that rewarded a recipe labeled "Borot", well how often do you see that wording?😆 I simply had to complete the quest and then make it. I would never have expected Atelier would slip in a nod to Mazin'.

Admittedly, the design is nowhere near as blatant as my mind could imagine. Yet the Drill Pressure Boobs recall to me Diana & Venus and their curiously-located missiles, so I see some subtle similarity. The red things protruding from the back remind me of the shape of Z's breast-crest as well.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Really? Gold is.....a non-issue in modern Atelier. Like it takes a bit to craft sure but it's not that advanced,

Making the Ruby Prism in this case required a very rare flower, a dragon's tongue, something else slipping my mind, and an Aroma Material, which itself is a complicated recipe.

Perhaps Gust made gold a rather high-end recipe because Iris 3 makes it clear alchemists are very rare. (Why they are hasn't been stated yet, despite me almost being done with the game.) In a world with more alchemists, I can see gold depreciating in value and its difficulty.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Now Philosopher Stones, on the other hand, that is a very advanced recipe. This did not stop Lulua from making "Philosopher Stone Curry", which is exactly what it sounds like.

Two things.:

1. Philosopher's Stone was said to be able to make the elixir of life/immortality, so maybe eating it will grant longevity. And at least it ain't AI3's "Crystart" which is literal pointy-sharp jewel crystals in a tart shell. Ingestion may lead to internal bleeding.
  2. Curry is perfectly alchemical food. As everyone knows leftover curry tastes better than fresh curry, because letting it chill in the fridge overnight allows the flavors to meld together into greater perfection. Much like the slow process of transmutation from base to precious materials. 
28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Marie is not immune to modern Atelier marketing

Which is to say "Pretend to be tasteful and wholesome, whilst still playing with the old "sex sells" approach. Whilst being wholly wholesome in the game itself."?

Well it, it could be lewder, it's not that Aion design I posted here last month. And Marie isn't wearing a bread bikini (who thought to add that to the list of alchemizeable items?).

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Atelier-Marie-Remake-1.png?width=1100&he

Honestly though, despite being a remake, this feels like a brand-new game. For the West especially but like, you could not do this in the originalIn the original, "exploration" was simply cut to black and the RNG determined what you got.

Being chibi aesthetically, I have a feeling the effort put into this might not be fully appreciated. Although the reception seems positive from what I've seen.

Again, including the original game ought to showcase how far things have come in case anyone should say this game is "old". Maybe IS should've done the same with Shadow Dragon.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I mean, one of those is a core theme integral to the film that’s developed through its conflict, world, and characters, and the other is the racism, so…

At least I remembered one of the two main things!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

You’re not being annoying enough if I forgot I had it

You will never forget this again.

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I still have the Hockey Stick!

Wait, hold on, I haven't said anything objectionable for at least two days!

Well, if I'm getting bonked anyways...

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Marie is not immune to modern Atelier marketing, also she looks really good with glasses.

She looks far too much like a character from a series that shall not be named, and it has ruined everything for me.

Just now, Benice said:

Wait, hold on, I haven't said anything objectionable for at least two days!

Well, if I'm getting bonked anyways...

She looks far too much like a character from a series that shall not be named, and it has ruined everything for me.

Well, if you insist...

9 hours ago, ping said:

Philosopher's Stone is Wish Fullfillment For Ten Year Olds: The Book, so it's really just the logical conclusion. Harry gets bullied by Dudley, but then Hagrid bullies the bully! Vernan and what's-her-face are permanently angry and abrasive towards Harry, but then Hagrid is angry and abrasive towards them! Dudley goes to the good school and Harry to the bad school, but now Harry goes to the most awesomest school of them all!

Pretty much, yes. Come to think about it, it's probably how my depressed 10 year old self fell in love with the books so much.

8 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

It is the truth, though I'm guessing you never rested because you didn't want to risk being woken up by a little girl.

I did it a few times. The RNG was awful, though, I kept getting repeat characters. It was nice when it happened for Vandad and Saphir. Not so much when it was Framme. Nobody else got a chance because those three hogged it. Though, in fairness, I didn't do it THAT much. Way too much loading screen for something so superfluous.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Okay, so I might actually buy Octopath 2 at launch (the reviews say it’s just Octopath 1 again but improved where it needed to be, and the demo was good), get a nice, long play through out of that, and then go back to Engage. And likely restart my Engage play through from the beginning, but finish it this time. Castti such a good healer she’ll heal my motivation to play Engage.

Except, I might possibly have to go a tiny bit without playing a little bit into March again. But Octopath should be much easier to just hop into with simpler gameplay, so it should be fine, right? Right?

Even then, it would be a day without playing, which is already unlikely, unless unforeseen circumstances pop up.

Next time, try hard.

As for me, if nothing more interesting comes up, I think I might get Octopath 2, spend a few weeks playing it, then if Triangle Strategy goes on sale in March, sell my Switch copy, buy it on Steam and replay it.

This time I'll end racism. I am undecided how. Remind me again, which ending did you get in that one?

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but the real Moody still never had those interactions with Harry so it's really lame. Unless he somehow also experienced it, idr.

Moody was fucking hilarious.

Spoiler

The fact that he has like, five minutes of screentime in the entire series but Rowling seemingly pretends that his kidnapper's screentime belongs to him.

If you stop to think about it... You think the real Moody would've casted unforgivable curses in a classtoom? That he would've turned Malfoy into a frog? That he likes Harry at all? The answer is, who knows. We find out almost nothing about Moody. We just have to assume the impostor was exactly the same as him, because otherwise he's not a character lol

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I still have the Hockey Stick!

VKF9e9j.png

Hah! I love that someone had that saved.

Just walked for 40 minutes lugging a computer, a monitor and a pile of cables. No cars available to bring me back to the office.

Boss called me when I was 5 minutes away to tell me not to bother, that we could fetch the stuff tomorrow.

...Owwww my arms...

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just walked for 40 minutes lugging a computer, a monitor and a pile of cables. No cars available to bring me back to the office.

Boss called me when I was 5 minutes away to tell me not to bother, that we could fetch the stuff tomorrow.

...Owwww my arms...

Oh my, that sounds awful!

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

Timerra is a Cold Steel character?

No, but she isn't Veyle which means she isn't best girl.

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

What does matter in CS?

Towa

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Can you judge? You and Chao talk about some of Rixia's every game.

I like Rixia for her personality. She's also been in only two games I've played so far so unfortunately I can't talk about her every game.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Marie isn't wearing a bread bikini

I'm not sure if I want to ask what this means...

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I did it a few times. The RNG was awful, though, I kept getting repeat characters. It was nice when it happened for Vandad and Saphir. Not so much when it was Framme. Nobody else got a chance because those three hogged it. Though, in fairness, I didn't do it THAT much. Way too much loading screen for something so superfluous.

Two out of three old people isn't too bad. The game keeps track of the wake up events you've seen so I mostly do it for completionism.

I have returned.

On 2/18/2023 at 7:15 AM, Armagon said:

Ok so my Switch is preocupied with Archsage Trials so instead of playing Link to the Past, i will

image.png?width=1100&height=619

Strangely fitting, as the first Four Swords was combined with the GBA remake of A Link to the Past. It was so hard to find a way to play the Four Swords part of that back in the day.

On 2/19/2023 at 11:01 AM, ping said:

J2OncN8.jpg

This one is Whitney's TM (Attract in vanilla). Since Schute learns Earthquake eventually, it goes to Alear as a coverage move.

That is a marked improvement.

On 2/19/2023 at 1:11 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

When I was a kid I liked it most because of Lupin. That's... really about it. When I grew up I stopped liking Harry Potter

JKR does not know how to write things for adults...

On 2/19/2023 at 3:43 PM, Edelguardiansing said:

dzQxD3k.png

It may have been a focus in B&W but it seems like meeting different people from different walks of life has always been consistent in Pokemon

It kinda always was, it even had the incredibly rare prominent old woman in a videogame (in the Elite Four's Agatha, whom even gets a bit of extra characterization even in the original with her history with Oak), although seeing as it is basically Japan's Kanto region it is mostly Japanese people, plus the Lightning American. While they didn't have a female avatar in the original, the first two games were famously pushing the limits of the tech at the time, barely able to fit everything they wanted, and there is that well known early concept art with a female character together with the original MC and rival in an circle with the three starters...

On 2/19/2023 at 3:43 PM, Edelguardiansing said:

F0fXkXW.png

Pokemon on PC you say?

Johnny Depp acts like Jack Sparrow in real life - Archyde

Ah the Technology guy. Basically all the games have someone in the first town talking about the new tech of the game with a bit of a reference to him with how they talk. Also, it is really funny how the implications of that line has changed with the technology, and the times.

On 2/19/2023 at 6:57 PM, Sooks said:

Yes, which is why you should set up better with things like All for One.

The issue with setting things up for All for One is that Chain attacks always have the same accuracy, and damage, and Lucina makes the wielder always be able to add a chain attack, so as long as the units you are setting up with can attack their foe without suiciding, having the Lucina holder attack with a two range weapon effectively results in the same number of chain attacks as using All for One, and thus the same damage in the long run you are just less likely to waste extra damage overkilling a boss's health bar. There are some advantages to using it, like a boss that one rounds a majority of your main combat units (perhaps this is more common in Maddening) which prevents you from triggering the same number of chain attacks by simply attacking; it prevents you from being countered with the Lucina older (although you loss an extra attack from doubling as well), if the boss is tough enough to require two whole turns of all your units beating them up, or baited them into a position where you don't need to set it up on the turn you use it, then it actually does have the potential for extra damage. Needless to say I see it as one of the worst of the Emblem special attacks, definitely bottom in the bottom 3.

16 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Also as I'm writing this I'm outside eating lunch and I'm watching a bunch of tapirs run across the parking lot

Cute.

Aww...hopefully you can share a cut tapir picture or two when you are back in Internet lands again.

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

Harry Potter was at it's best when it was doing whimsy stuff and the first three books imo are good Hero's Journey type shit.

Problem with Harry Potter is that it kinda falls apart when you think about it for more than two seconds. This becomes more apparent the later the series goes.

The only thing that made the Harry Potter books special was that they grew up with the audience, which had the awkward issue of JKR being much worse at writing for adults than children, which makes it feel like the books are getting worse, and worse as it goes along.

15 hours ago, ping said:

vELkyly.jpg

The Whitney's Miltank of this run: Morty's Walrein. Fucker outsped everything and Rollout Ice Balled through my entire team in a first attempt. Well, everything that the other three of Morty's Pokemon had left standing, because the guy was legit super strong:

Oof, that ~

15 hours ago, ping said:

94VvLdm.jpg

Gabite! Outspeeding and two-shotting everything I have.

The RNG decided Morty was going to be a beast in this run...

Also it is strange that the randomizer increased the levels of is pokemon (or perhaps I missed mention of some other balance patch or something), as originally his highest level Pokemon is 25.

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

My favorite part of HP world building isn't even from the books themselves, it was when Rowling was like "here are the other wizarding schools" and it's

ESIIvaBWoAAHdhU.jpg_large.jpg

Yes, the entire continent of South America attends one school. The entire continent of North America attends one school. China, India and parts of Southeast Asia all attend one school, surely nothing will go wrong.

Basically all the stuff she tried to add to her world after the fact was extra stupid

13 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Hermione should be a Ravenclaw, Ron Hufflepuff, and Draco a part of the main trio quartet

The classic trap of Harry Potter, so much of its world is so poorly written that a simple sentence like this is the start of a better fan fiction than the original.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But to make its color ruby, and not say sapphire or emerald, well I thank a certain other trilogy for getting me to learn that the final step of the philosopher's stone-making process is rub...tokyo? I suddenly forget the full name.😝

Perhaps Rubedo, the Alchemical reddening of a substance (which held a fair bit of symbolic importance). Side note one of the Xenosaga character's real name is Rubedo, with Albedo (the alchemic whitening of a substance), and Nigredo (the aclchemic blackening of a substance) as very related characters (although I can't quote remember if the also use Citrinatas, the alchemical yellowing of a substance in the naming scheme as well.

11 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

although I can't quote remember if the also use Citrinatas, the alchemical yellowing of a substance in the naming scheme as well.

Her name is Citrinne so pretty much.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And at least it ain't AI3's "Crystart" which is literal pointy-sharp jewel crystals in a tart shell. Ingestion may lead to internal bleeding.

That's exactly what it was

The culmination of Eva being forced to taste test Lulua's increasingly weird curry dishes.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although the reception seems positive from what I've seen.

Yeah cause like people are more surprised that it even exists. And besides, Ryza 3 is next month so even though both are mainline games (the 25th anniversary remake just so happens to be A25), having both be on the same engine with the same graphics probably wasn't feasible.

It does help that Marie looks good and I wouldn't mind if the rest of the Salburg trilogy was remade in this way. More remakes might be on the menu, cause Gust ran out of modern titles to make DX versions of lol.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

She looks far too much like a character from a series that shall not be named, and it has ruined everything for me

What is that series?

46 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The only thing that made the Harry Potter books special was that they grew up with the audience, which had the awkward issue of JKR being much worse at writing for adults than children, which makes it feel like the books are getting worse, and worse as it goes along.

Meanwhile Percy Jackson also had the thing with growing up with the audience. Difference being is that Riordan actually does know how to write for adults and, as I said earlier, you can see his improvement as the series goes on.

It really is a damn shame those movies are ass, at least the Disney+ series will be good.

48 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

although I can't quote remember if the also use Citrinatas, the alchemical yellowing of a substance in the naming scheme as well

They do, Citrinne is their sister. Sadly, her role was shafted because Xenosaga was forced to end early.

Ever have a fanfict idea where you've shoved too many incongruous concepts together?

57 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm not sure if I want to ask what this means...

gsdx-20230221090347.png

Just one of the weirder items you can synthesize. Doesn't affect the character models, thankfully.

Adding in the Seashell Bikini, Devil's Panties, Angel's Slip, Thin Leotard, Maid Dress, Heaven's Feel, Black Bustier, and the Bunny Suit, AI3 seems a bit heavy on the seductive women's attire. Alas, nothing for me to envision Edge in.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's exactly what it was

gsdx-20230221092619.png

Not pointy enough.

Supposedly, eating crushed emeralds or other precious stones was used as a remedy for bubonic plague. Not recommended b/c: toxic, also, powdered gemstones are still microscopically sharp and will pierce your digestive tract, and, it doesn't work.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They do, Citrinne is their sister. Sadly, her role was shafted because Xenosaga was forced to end early.

Expected. Although Ep. II looked like it was setting her up as an effectively antagonistic loyal "child" in contrast to her "brothers".

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20230221_0754136267285168986343474.j

Excellent update to the old art might I say. Although I've seen a few comments saying her bikini-halter top in the modern iteration looks like it defies the laws of physics more than the old one did. Marie's hair is longer or at least more visibly free-flowing too.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Perhaps Rubedo, the Alchemical reddening of a substance (which held a fair bit of symbolic importance). Side note one of the Xenosaga character's real name is Rubedo, with Albedo (the alchemic whitening of a substance), and Nigredo (the aclchemic blackening of a substance) as very related characters (although I can't quote remember if the also use Citrinatas, the alchemical yellowing of a substance in the naming scheme as well.

The 😝 meant I knew I jokingly knew what it was, but didn't want to outright say it. In part b/c I don't like saying Jr.'s old name b/c then it triggers the sound of Albedo dramatically mockingly saying it and I could do without his voice finding room in my head.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ever have a fanfict idea where you've shoved too many incongruous concepts together?

Hmm... well, definitely at least wanting to use a bunch of ideas in the same story.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Next time, try hard.

I will.

As for me, if nothing more interesting comes up, I think I might get Octopath 2, spend a few weeks playing it, then if Triangle Strategy goes on sale in March, sell my Switch copy, buy it on Steam and replay it.

This time I'll end racism. I am undecided how.

Undecided? Didn’t you do Benedict’s ending? There’s only one real way left to end racism, unless you wanna start off your ending choice post with “hear me out…”

Remind me again, which ending did you get in that one?

Benedict, after I unlocked the golden ending but didn’t have the characters to make it not painful.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Owwww my arms...

Now you have company blackmail.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Well he still does change, at least. Better than old class VII (mostly) which regresses as far as growth goes. 

I wouldn’t say they regress, most of their growth is already done.

50 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Towa

Irrelevant side character

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Rean, Crow, Gaius, are a few i can think off my head that are better early on. I think, at least.

Rean never changes, Gaius was about recognizing Erebonia as his second home, which was done in CS2 so he was just hanging out, and Crow… is one of few Old Class VIIers who I would say do change in this game, albeit it’s a little subtle

Spoiler

And it’s shit anyway since he should’ve stayed dead