Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

That's a thing? Usually the bad endings in Atelier are "you failed the time limit", so these stopped being a thing once the games stopped having them. Iris 3 doesn't have a time limit for the game overall so to learn there's a potential bad ending is interesting.

I had a hunch of what the bad ending would mean earlier today. And having changed my mind and I'm playing more tonight, that hunch is absolutely the case. The portal to the final boss is open -but I haven't finished the quests yet.

Since I'd probably have to fight the final boss twice to see both endings, I'll just go for the good. Maybe I'll look up the bad later. Unless it's needed for 100% completion, I don't like going for bad endings/outcomes on purpose. 

If you'd like my guess on why the ending is bad... (obvious endgame spoilers)

Spoiler

It'd be because...

Spoiler

Iris sacrifices herself.

The world is probably saved either way, since the game is telling me it should be. It all boils down to whether the titular lady survives.

This leaves me pondering the question- what shall be accomplished by finishing all the quests that allows Iris to survive her lineage's purpose?

Now to get back to the game, I'll fight the final boss tomorrow. Tonight I try wrapping up the rest.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you'd like my guess on why the ending is bad... (obvious endgame spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

Atelier Iris 3 may very well be the only Atelier game where a character, let alone the titular protagonist, is killed off, even if just in a bad ending.

I have mixed feelings about Half-Blood Prince as well. While the film has the franchise's biggest highs so far with everything Voldemort related, it is bogged down by cringe humor, stupid romance and a lack of continuity with the previous one. Harry and Ginny have as much chemistry as, God forgive me for mentioning, Eren and M*kasa. It came out of nowhere, and it's even more baffling because the author has introduced a new character in the previous one who has a much better dynamic with Harry. I don't doubt there's an ulterior motive for Ginny becoming important out of nowhere, Rowling seems to be the type to project herself into her works.

Slughorn, Draco and Dumbledore are the best things about this movie and join Hagrid in the Top 5 best characters.

Also, why does Snape call himself the Half-Blood Prince??????

On 2/21/2023 at 4:32 PM, Armagon said:

Riordan himself is helming the project, precisely because he despised the movies.

So does he, but it doesn't mean much.

Game of Thrones: George R.R. Martin lamenta que ficou tão famoso -  18/08/2019 - UOL Entretenimento

Artistic integrity is dead, all they want is money.

4 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

So does he, but it doesn't mean much.

Game of Thrones: George R.R. Martin lamenta que ficou tão famoso -  18/08/2019 - UOL Entretenimento

Game of Thrones was considered good until they started making up shit cause the guy still hasn't finished the books. I don't think this is a good example.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Game of Thrones was considered good until they started making up shit cause the guy still hasn't finished the books. I don't think this is a good example.

GoT is over, I was talking about House of the Dragon.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Atelier

About that...

Spoiler

I've already killed off two individuals in combat. The first of which felt very unearned. I think I was supposed to feel sad for them, yet the heroes had only interacted with them three times, all in battle. There was no reason I couldn't have encountered said ordinary person a few times in the city, yet they never showed up. It was strange to hear Edge pitifully tell them they could stop their trying-to-be-helpful dying expose-drop and rest in peace.

Iris 3 had an antagonist problem. I mean, all three Irises do, but I feel it is most pronounced in 3, given the small setting could've in hypothesis let them develop things more.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

I have mixed feelings about Half-Blood Prince as well. While the film has the franchise's biggest highs so far with everything Voldemort related, it is bogged down by cringe humor, stupid romance and a lack of continuity with the previous one. Harry and Ginny have as much chemistry as, God forgive me for mentioning, Eren and M*kasa. It came out of nowhere, and it's even more baffling because the author has introduced a new character in the previous one who has a much better dynamic with Harry.

I like how you complain about all of this stuff but don’t mention that the movie is so dark you can’t see shit and the movie is dull and uninteresting in general. They felt the need to add an action sequence because of that. Remember when the Weasley house was attacked and burned down? That never happened in the books, they just need SOMETHING here because nothing was happening lol

I don't doubt there's an ulterior motive for Ginny becoming important out of nowhere, Rowling seems to be the type to project herself into her works.

Hermione is Rowling’s self insert, not Ginny. Ginny, as a character and her relationship with Harry, is way, WAY better in the books.

I know I keep saying “but the books” but it’s not even me saying they’re amazing, this is just what happens when you compress 600-800 pages and at least 30 something chapters per book into 2ish hour movies.

Slughorn, Draco and Dumbledore are the best things about this movie and join Hagrid in the Top 5 best characters.

Who’s the 5th one?

Also, why does Snape call himself the Half-Blood Prince??????

Half-Blood because he is a half-blood (meaning 1 pure-blood parent and 1 muggle born parent) and Prince is the last name of his pure-blood parent, his mom I believe. He chose it because of that and the fact that his magic, which he attributed to her, made him feel like a prince.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2023-02-22-16-41-29-48_572064

Screenshot_2023-02-22-16-41-45-22_572064

It's the strats

I have nothing to add, just appreciating the Berwick Saga pfp.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

What are you gonna do? When I get a game brainworm I like, have to play it, so if I were you I would literally push Octopath back, at least for the time being. Idk if you’re the same way tho.

I am not double dipping for 60 bucks, though. Neither am I going Switch version again. It's actually quite the convenient situation. I am unable play Tristat until after Octo 2 has been out for a while. So that's neat.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

As far as myself and Triangle Strategy… I barely remember it, at least gameplay wise. I remember making a lot of the choices but gameplay moments aren’t really sticking out to me.

I remember pushing people off cliffs and killing God by throwing a guy at it.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

I do intend to another play through at some point tho.

Yes, you must stop racism. Like I will.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Although I do feel like digging up that good theme…

Which one?

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Oh, apparently you get some free consumables for prepurchasing Octopath 2. That’s… something.

Yeah I saw that. It is a preorder bonus that exists, undeniably.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oh, this turning into the new meme?

ngl it's legit terrifying how real they sound. 

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Which one?

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Heh, i never noticed this before if it's the truth. 

I think it’s something Rowling said herself at some point.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

About that...

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

I think out of all games, I can see why Iris is more "RPG" than Atelier. The very concept of killing someone in an Atelier game is so wild to me, like the one time modern Atelier had a legit antagonist, they simply realized the error of their ways and embarked on a journey of redemption.

Like Atelier games do bring up the threat of death but it's not like anybody's actually gonna die.

Posting this news for @Acacia Sgt.

Looks a bit bland, the vast empty landscapes don't do it much good. Though I think it's rare for licensed mecha outside of SRW to get games? Gundam aside ofc.

Maybe I'll do another battle or three in my unfinished second A Portable run today. -After I take care of the morning's gaming agenda.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

54 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think it’s something Rowling said herself at some point.

Interesting tidbit! I watched the films a few times (never read the books, though) so i wouldn't call myself a "fan" by any definition, seeing as I only have basic knowledge on the topic.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Posting this news for @Acacia Sgt.

Looks a bit bland, the vast empty landscapes don't do it much good. Though I think it's rare for licensed mecha outside of SRW to get games? Gundam aside ofc.

Maybe I'll do another battle or three in my unfinished second A Portable run today. -After I take care of the morning's gaming agenda.

Well well well, what do we have here.

It's not surprising, considering 2022 was Grendizer's 45th anniversary.

It gives me Dragon Ball Z Kakarot vibes. Could be open world traveling all around Japan (or at least a big chunk of it), fighting the Vegans. ... yes, that's the name of the alien invaders in Grendizer for those who don't know. lol

Anyway, if true that would be pretty quite awesome.

Amazing it is getting a worldwide release. Then again, Grendizer is popular in places like Europe and the Middle East. I'm pretty sure I posted once that Saudi Arabia had a giant Grendizer statue.

FpqSB4JaIAIIKxg?format=jpg&name=large

Alright Inti, time to see what you were cooking here.

Also the game does the funny "English dub only dubs like 10% of all the voicelines while JP does all of it" so guess what i'm playing lol.