Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Alright, it’s done. I picked the riskier option. Remember to ask me in a year + a few months if it worked out or not.

Best of luck to you, pal. Never allow the fire in your breast to extinguish. Or something like that.

Oh yeah, I got it in my Osvald save file. That skill is fun.

He just does finger guns at people, I love it.

You got me, I’m struggling to decide which of the 8 protagonists to pick in Octopath Traveler II for the Nintendo Switch.

Hahaha you're playing the inferior version, PC master race

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sure, that's what he says...

Your last name is not White, right?

I'm Breaking Mediocre

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

mean, it’s not that decision. Not yet, anyway.

Oh.

Is it that Governor's School stuff?

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I’m in grade 10…

Every day I wake up and am terrified about how much more mature my son is than me.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Good luck! Is it appropriate to say break a leg for an audition

I don't know, but I definitely would appreciate bribes for the selection committee.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahaha you're playing the inferior version, PC master race

I’m never recruiting Osvald

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Is it that Governor's School stuff?

Huh, good memory. Yes.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

I don't know, but I definitely would appreciate bribes for the selection committee.

I’ll send five dollars US to Canada by way of moose.

Okay yeah I'm not getting Temenos out of the way tonight. First, the world is pretty big and I've already gotten sidetracked. Second, I cannot find him lol

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I’m never recruiting Osvald

That's not true and we both know it.

The amount of people I have mugged. Even the man who saved Osvald's life. He only had a fancy quill and I took it from him. For no reason. Path actions!

Also, I randomly ran into a flying orange octopus. Osvald did finger guns at it, and then I got like a billion experience, coins and JP. I mean, sure, just puts me a bit closer to the next skill!

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Huh, good memory. Yes.

Good luck with it! I'm sure you'll excel at the higher level.

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

ll send five dollars US to Canada by way of moose.

I Moosed say, you are the best son ever.

Imagine you're a sassy cleric dickhead trying to discipline a filthy heretic, and all of a sudden some murder hobo with glasses shows up out of nowhere, dashes right past you, then comes back two days later (naturally, you and the heretic have stood still for the entire 48 hours, engaging in a fierce staring contest) and beats the shit out of the heretic for no reason. And then you decide to join him in whatever his quest is.

This game is so silly. Also, it's been a while since I played Octopath 1, but... hot damn, did Cyrus get this ridiculous this quickly? I feel like Osvald's power has risen immensely in such a short time. I guess it's normal to already be level 13 and already be a stone's throw away from having five job skills?

Chapter 1 of Castti done. The ending segment is still great.

Now that it’s the full game, you can see where her next chapter is and what the recommended level is. Minor Castti spoiler

Spoiler

Apparently you can choose what order to go to Sai and Winterbloom in. Which is kinda lame if that’s “the choice” of her story, since you basically have no information to go on.

But then, the recommended level for Sai is 17 and for Winterbloom it’s 24. Which basically makes it, grind or pick Sai first. What are you playing at game?

Anyway, time to side quest and grab Hikari again.

Edited by Sooks

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's interesting. Chapter 11-1 often causes more headaches to people. Myself included, that was the toughest map in the game my first time around and I still fear it dearly.

I guess that means our definition of tough/hard map just different. I was even wondering whether to proceed with the map or not before rushing to bed even. But hey the story very good again, so it was satisfying

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

like how you say "I can excuse it for the Hogwarts battle" and then mention Lupin, who died in the Hogwarts battle, as someone who didn't have to die.

True lol.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As it is... well, like I said the other day, it really feels like Rowling counted Crouch Jr.'s screentime as screentime for Moody lol

Bringing this up again because it's relevant, Rick Riordan did the whole "character wasn't actually character" thing as well in Kane Chronicles.....except he introduces the real character in the next book and properly fleshes her out across that book and the next one. 

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Even if it doesn’t tho, the first part still had shit pacing iirc.

I don't remember much of the first one, it's been years. I am a very big fan of "slowing down the plot to explore character" tho so I wonder if I rewatch it, how much I'd like it. 

Problem is I don't like Harry Potter that much anymore lol.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The primary cause of ongoing manatee decline is a decline in seagrass, manatees eat 100 pounds of the stuff each day, and seagrass needs clean, clear, healthy waters to grow.

I remember the usual cause of death was boats ramming into them, to the point that sailing in manatee waters is illegal now. Or at least, when they're around.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You've not seen a Mexican graveyard during Dia de Muertos, have you...

Nope!😆 Though nice to hear of people having a better outlook on death than me. A positive outlook on aging supposedly means you'll live longer.

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I remember the usual cause of death was boats ramming into them, to the point that sailing in manatee waters is illegal now. Or at least, when they're around.

The magazine article I was reciting info from does put it at about 100 deaths per year from boating incidents. And that 96% of adult manatees have been injured by propeller blades (their vision is pretty poor) at least once in their life. Researchers are able to use propeller scarring to identify individual manatees.

...Is it annoying that I'm parroting factoids like this?😅

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oh my god hahahahahaha

Why are all games in B tier?

Today I ate at my favorite restaurant. Not the Turkish one, a local restaurant back home. Had some beans with ham for the first, which I'm just now realizing were also one of Sommie's favorite foods. I am honored to have a shared affinity for beans with Fire Emblem's greatest character.

All right, Octopathing time. You know, I kinda wish this time around they'd used Traveler for the initials of the characters. Would've been a nice little change to differentiate the sequel, and it would've avoided the need for names like Castti and Partitio lolololol

13 hours ago, Sooks said:

Chapter 1 of Castti done. The ending segment is still great.

Now that it’s the full game, you can see where her next chapter is and what the recommended level is. Minor Castti spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Apparently you can choose what order to go to Sai and Winterbloom in. Which is kinda lame if that’s “the choice” of her story, since you basically have no information to go on.

But then, the recommended level for Sai is 17 and for Winterbloom it’s 24. Which basically makes it, grind or pick Sai first. What are you playing at game?

Anyway, time to side quest and grab Hikari again.

I'm not sure when I'll do Temenos and Castti's chapter 1s again. I probably should do it soon so they don't fall to far behind. Fortunately they are shorter than Osvald's start.

12 hours ago, joevar said:

I guess that means our definition of tough/hard map just different. I was even wondering whether to proceed with the map or not before rushing to bed even. But hey the story very good again, so it was satisfying

Right. Well, good that you're continuing to enjoy the tale of Volcyboy!

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

True lol.

To be fair, though

Spoiler

He's by far and away the biggest character to get thrown in the "random final battle deaths" sack. Everyone else were more minor characters, to varying degrees, but Lupin had been around since book 3 and was a pretty big figure throughout. I guess she was trying to go for a "nobody is safe" kinda thing in the second half of the series? Though I'd argue there are better ways to go about it. Lupin, if nobody else, deserved to get a death scene.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Bringing this up again because it's relevant, Rick Riordan did the whole "character wasn't actually character" thing as well in Kane Chronicles.....except he introduces the real character in the next book and properly fleshes her out across that book and the next one. 

Yeah, that's kinda what you do if you are a competent writer lol

10 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Why are all games in B tier?

I guess Fire Em🅱️lem is a B tier series

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right. Well, good that you're continuing to enjoy the tale of Volcyboy!

what the hell is this chapter 13 map. its still 9PM but i dont think i want to continue with this kind of map... Berwick now on a mean streak huh. before this 12-1 full of staff orb abuse and assasins party, now big ass maps that need to be defended from all front? eww...