• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, Chapter 1 of the manga fan translated now:

The most important part

FqRh9ExWYAMXn4p?format=jpg&name=medium

Sommie.

Anyways, as i thought, the manga seems to be fleshing out the world more. I mean, for starters, we can confirm people actually live on Lythos.

Just now, Armagon said:

Anyways, as i thought, the manga seems to be fleshing out the world more. I mean, for starters, we can confirm people actually live on Lythos.

I guess the clothing descriptions were not enough? XD

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I guess the clothing descriptions were not enough? XD

We never saw any Lythian NPCs in game so the clothing descriptions simply must've been what they want us to think.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We never saw any Lythian NPCs in game so the clothing descriptions simply must've been what they want us to think.

It's certainly lopsided.

We get to see two different Firenese settlements (technically three with the port area of Florra Mill) and we also have the soldiers at the castle.

Solm we get only one settlement and the castle.

Brodia we only get the castle.

And for Elusia and Lythos... nothing. The one settlement of Elusia we get to visit is a ghost town, and same for its castle.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And for Elusia and Lythos... nothing. The one settlement of Elusia we get to visit is a ghost town, and same for its castle.

I'm very interested in seeing how the manga interprets Ivy and later Hortensia defecting. That's actually one of the few things i'm disappointed on the narrative. Even when Abyme shows up again, we get nothing.

At any rate, it'll be a while before the manga hits Ch.11. Is this monthly or weekly?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm very interested in seeing how the manga interprets Ivy and later Hortensia defecting. That's actually one of the few things i'm disappointed on the narrative. Even when Abyme shows up again, we get nothing.

Hm, indeed. We only know things worked out mostly alright (if only because after what Sombron did to Elusia, it'd be hard to see them be that stubborn... maybe), but if the manga fleshes that out more, it'd be nice.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At any rate, it'll be a while before the manga hits Ch.11. Is this monthly or weekly?

I guess monthly, since it's being printed at Shounen Jump, from what I recall.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

guess monthly, since it's being printed at Shounen Jump, from what I recall

Alright folks, see you when the manga ends in 10 years.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Depends on your definition of video game

I mean, if Cagey Davey's games count as games, I guess we can count the entire movie industry as videogames too lol

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The most important part

FqRh9ExWYAMXn4p?format=jpg&name=medium

Sommie.

S O M M

I understand why Alear would commit suicide for Sommie.

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

we can confirm people actually live on Lythos.

It's actually really sad that this is a sentence that can be said.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok but if the manga doesn't have a 10 chapter arc on Abyme realizing that she could simply just come back to life, then what's the point?

Abyme running along Snake Road then training with Kaioh Sama confirmed?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:
Finally, Citrinne and Lapis but good.

We were robbed!

20230303_014607.jpg

TIl Mila's wings is her hair.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh wow, this is surprising.

They're releasing a demo for Sparks of Hope?

Now?

...I mean, sure, why not.

They did the same with Metroid Dread a few months back.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, Chapter 1 of the manga fan translated now:

Wait…actual people in Lythos worshipping the ground Alear walks on and Alear suffering some kind of trauma from seeing the Corrupted via the manga showing and not telling you!?! WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!?!?

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

2 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Wait…actual people in Lythos worshipping the ground Alear walks on and Alear suffering some kind of trauma from seeing the Corrupted via the manga showing you and not telling you!?! WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!?!?

There's no gameplay, so the story has to pick up the slack now.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

TIl Mila's wings is her hair.

Can;t say it took me this long, heh. I knew quite quickly since, well, it's not scaled like her tail.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There's no gameplay, so the story has to pick up the slack now.

But…but it feels like Alear is actually character…what devilry is this?

You know, the manga seems to be going for something I was wondering about.

That outside the whole "Divine Dragons allow others to enter the Somniel via warp", nothing stops anyone from just flying up there. Considering it showed Alear just... falling off. Unless it's due to him being, well, him.

What faustian pact has IS made? I read something dealing with Engage…and I didn’t hate it? It actually establishes Alear’s character better then the game? The fear of the Corrupted Alear has actually effects him!?! What is happening? What is going on? Why are my hands shaking!?! WHAT DID THEY DO TO MY WHISKY?!?!?

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's certainly lopsided.

We get to see two different Firenese settlements (technically three with the port area of Florra Mill) and we also have the soldiers at the castle.

Solm we get only one settlement and the castle.

Brodia we only get the castle.

The worldbuilding was one of my biggest issues with Engage. Felt like nobody lives in Brodia/Elusia/Lythos whatsoever, Firene and Solm have visible populations but it feels like there's almost no insight into Solm's people outside of Merrin's backstory. Firene gets nice establishing shots of its scenery, actual towns with people, and a general sense of the kind of people that live there. It's the only place in the game that feels even remotely alive imo

23 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Dune is a great book

15 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This statement feels so very wrong...

I'm making amends by marrying her instead of killing her like I did last time.

...Course this does I'm going to have her kill Jeritza later on if we're going the Hammurabi route.

22 hours ago, Benice said:

(Also, @GuardianSing, I'm really sorry for being asinine, but it's spelt "Seething", not "Seathing")

My inability to spell things is my greatest weekness.

7 minutes ago, Spara said:

The worldbuilding was one of my biggest issues with Engage. Felt like nobody lives in Brodia/Elusia/Lythos whatsoever, Firene and Solm have visible populations but it feels like there's almost no insight into Solm's people outside of Merrin's backstory. Firene gets nice establishing shots of its scenery, actual towns with people, and a general sense of the kind of people that live there. It's the only place in the game that feels even remotely alive imo

Putting Lythos on the same level as Elusia and Brodia feels like an insult to the latter two, to be honest. You fight generic legions from Elusia half the game, not to mention you can surmise the corrupted are Elusian citizens. Elusia is genocided by the end of the game, but hey! They exited! As for Brodia... at least there are soldiers there. Saphir exists. That's enough.

Meanwhile, Lythos is, literally and figuratively, the center of the world. A place world leaders regularly visit, because it's where Literally God, their mom and their caretakers live... And nobody else, because the entire mass of land is otherwise entirely unpopulated, if the game is anything to go by. Hell, Lythos doesn't even seem to have an army, it's just Vandad and his two children constituting the entire country's military might lol