• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And have one of the top boss themes in a game filled with top boss themes, for absolutely no reason.

Haha, true.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Don't forget, that comes right after what can only be realistically interpreted as Sunny's wet dream.

My guy's a man of culture.

Spoiler

Well, he is at that age...

Castti’s story continues to be the best, I like how those inquire glitch moments seem to be a main stay of her story. I kinda like how it seems like she’ll go to a town, get drip fed info on her memory, and do the boss and the dungeon to save said town. It characterizes her as a diligent apothecary well and gives her story a bit more variety while helping the pacing. What’s weird though, is that her travel banter with Hikari randomly contains info that seems like it will be vital to the plot. Why wasn’t this in her actual story? And her travel banter with Partitio develops her character pretty well… well, it’s a good thing you can view all of these now.

Spoiler

Before I posted something along the lines of “holy shit Octopath, that’s the first time I beat up an NPC out of pure spite”. That happened when I went to this sad, mysterious, and empty village that I REALLY wanted to learn more about… and I’m 90% sure it’s the village in Castti’s flashback. When looking at it in her journal, it even moves the picture of the map over to the Brightlands, which is where I found it.

Osvald’s elemental barrage seems really broken, like it does too much damage. I used it to just wreck the boss, and Osvald was below the recommended level. I also purchased the last apothecary skill for Castti, so now I can get apothecary’s divine skill… which seems really useless. In general, apothecary seems like a kind of eh class. I guess they had to nerf her for having concoct somehow.

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Well, there was one nice perk to doing Winterbloom first. I was able to go "heeey that's the one guy from the Winterbloom path!" at one of the nondescript Eir's Apothecaries in the first flashback. Interesting that Castti was apparently the "chief" of the apothecaries... Little by little, mysteries are unveiled.

As for the chapter itself, it was enjoyable. Edmund's face-heel turn felt rushed, but that tends to happen with these small chapters. At least it was a fun development, much more than Winterbloom's equivalent face-heel, which was profoundly asinine. The flashback was also a lot more interesting, and it actually gives me a location to go to. I found this abandoned village ages ago, ran into it right after leaving Osvald's starting location! Too bad the identity of the plague doctor is so obvious. Thanks, voice acting.

To compensate, however, being overleveled means the boss wasn't as much fun. Yeah, this has to be the biggest flaw with the game so far. They really needed to just make chapters escalate to your level.

Spoiler

Fun fact, I didn’t recognize the plague doctor’s VA at all.

Yeah, I found the abandoned village as well.

And yeah, Edmund came kinda out of nowhere. But in an even stupider way, because him wanting to help people he uses to fight alongside makes sense… but then why was he all “death to the enemy!!” 5 minutes before hand?

Edited by Sooks

Which of the two is more advantageous to continue? Should I continue save scumming to get a male heir with all three traits?

6izuetz8 o

Begfdgn8 o

Just now, Newtype06 said:

Which of the two is more advantageous to continue? Should I continue save scumming to get a male heir with all three traits?

What are your succession laws?

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

What are your succession laws?

Agnatic Gavelkind. Everyone loves me my character, so in 3 in-game years I can change the law either to Agnatic-Cognatic Gavelkind or Agnatic Primogeniture.

Osvald 3 done. It’s a chapter that exists.

Spoiler

It seems like the story is going on the direction of “revenge is meaningless”. I was at the recommended level but the boss was kind of easy. That’s… really all I have to say, not a whole ton of interesting stuff happened. Osvald returning to his home was cool, I guess.

I can squeeze Partitio in the team somewhere (probably in place of Throné) and then do his chapter, since he’s only 2 levels above it, and the others are at it, one level below it, and uh… 6 levels above it, respectively. So it might not be that easy.

After that, it’ll be Agnea and Hikari’s chapters, and they’re both super overlevled… oh well.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Newtype06 said:

Agnatic Gavelkind. Everyone loves me my character, so in 3 in-game years I can change the law either to Agnatic-Cognatic Gavelkind or Agnatic Primogeniture.

If you can have someone to Matrilineally marry the daughter, go for Agnatic-Cognatic, then. Since she already has the three traits.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you can have someone to Matrilineally marry the daughter, go for Agnatic-Cognatic, then. Since she already has the three traits.

I'm looking for a Karling bloodline (and maybe claims). The only problem is if the wife gets pregnant again my kingdom will be fractured.

1 minute ago, Newtype06 said:

I'm looking for a Karling bloodline (and maybe claims). The only problem is if the wife gets pregnant again my kingdom will be fractured.

Get the child to Take the Vows upon growing up?

Alternatively, unless you're in another Society and want to stay it, you can join a Monastic Order and take the Vow of Celibacy.

14 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ironically there was some censorship in this version. A different channeler asked for your soul, not just blood. But FRLG took out the world soul. So she's just "Give me... your..." and just cuts off. So seeking your soul was not okay... but your blood is totally fine! Go figure

I kind of remember hearing about that back in the day.

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh hey i had to watch that in one of my film classes.

I watched like half of it then half-assed the assignment (it was a discussion board thing).

I recommend watching the entire thing at some point, it is quite uncomfortable but that is entirely the point.

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

There is a fun little fan theory here, that the reason you run into your rival here is that he is mourning the death of the Raticate he had on his team before fighting him here.

I remember that one.

Though I have to say he didn't look like he was particularly mourning anything.

12 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

6izuetz8 o

Begfdgn8 o

I've been thinking of getting Crusader Kings 2 or 3 at some point, I'm not as into medieval history as later histories but it still looks fun.

See what you should really be doing is turn the country into a matriarchy.

Crush ended with Sylvis. Now @GuardianSing's Berwick waifu is best girl. The reasons for this are thus:

1. I can get her.

Minimum Ranks is doing some things to my perspective.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Osvald 3 done. It’s a chapter that exists.

Hide contents

It seems like the story is going on the direction of “revenge is meaningless”. I was at the recommended level but the boss was kind of easy. That’s… really all I have to say, not a whole ton of interesting stuff happened. Osvald returning to his home was cool, I guess.

Spoiler

Yeah, I have to agree, it was a very mundane chapter. Though, to be honest, that's really how I've come out of... basically every chapter since I did the introductions.  To varying degrees, all of these chapter 2s have been pretty underwhelming. Between that and the wack level balance, it's starting to cripple my enjoyment of the game, I won't lie.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, here I go...

Hide contents

Welcome to Blackspace.

Here we go indeed. There is no going back now.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Here we go indeed. There is no going back now.

I did not stayed there longer than I had to, pft.

Well, it's over. One Day Left...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Yeah, I have to agree, it was a very mundane chapter. Though, to be honest, that's really how I've come out of... basically every chapter since I did the introductions.  To varying degrees, all of these chapter 2s have been pretty underwhelming. Between that and the wack level balance, it's starting to cripple my enjoyment of the game, I won't lie.

Well, I haven’t really been overleveled for them, but I disagree. Both of Throné’s chapters have been amazing, Temenos’ is literally better than his first one, and so is Castti Sai. Osvald’s is pretty eh and Ochette Cateracta takes literally 5 minutes but so far, most of them have been good.

36 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

recommend watching the entire thing at some point, it is quite uncomfortable but that is entirely the point.

The reason I only watched half of it is because I genuinely did not care about what was happening on screen. I prefer watching good movies.

I am always impressed, however, by Perceval's talent to somehow piss me off even when he's got the dawn charm preventing him from missing.

It's just, he finds a way. It's always him. It's like Kaga programmed the game so that it would detect when things are going well for Perceval and proceed to fuck him over.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I did not stayed there lomger than I had to, pft.

Oof.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, I haven’t really been overleveled for them, but I disagree. Both of Throné’s chapters have been amazing, Temenos’ is literally better than his first one, and so is Castti Sai. Osvald’s is pretty eh and Ochette Cateracta takes literally 5 minutes but so far, most of them have been good.

I suppose my expectations might've been a mite too high.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Crush ended with Sylvis. Now @GuardianSing's Berwick waifu is best girl. The reasons for this are thus:

1. I can get her.

As you should

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The reason I only watched half of it is because I genuinely did not care about what was happening on screen. I prefer watching good movies.

Hmph, you and your absolutes.