• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

The issue with Triangle Strategy NG+ is that I have to complete chapter 4 before I can start getting characters again. I know for a fact that right then and there I'll get one, maybe even two, based on where I estimate my conviction levels are at, but well, I have to get through a couple of battles first.

The other problem is the first battle, of course. Hot damn it's bad in NG+. In NG it's pretty well balanced, but on NG+ Trish murderizes anything she sets her sights on, and everyone else two or three-shots everything. Which is pretty bad, because for some reason you're not allowed to deploy whatever units you want. The game forces the same set-up as in NG. So you're stuck with an isolated Roland that gets hit by Trish before he can even move, Geela who doesn't do anything that anyone with access to the inventory couldn't do, and Freddie without a reliable way to maintain her TP, so every second turn she gets to twiddle her thumbs.

I beat it, eventually, but sheesh. The tutorial brigands have no business being this tough.

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, Chapter 2 of the manga is out.

Are there more Sommie?

59 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Bkx05hm.gif

I use Celine so much yet this is the first time i see the tome crit...

I just sword main her hard most of the time lol

Is she actually good with swords? She struck me as the kind of unit that has a physical weapon for decoration and ends up using tomes 100% of the time.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

*keeps playing it for 3 months and awaits the DLC more than any of us*
"I HATE IT I SWEAR"

Yeah it's actually kind of insane how Wraith finds the DLC more remarkable than I do lol. I was so insanely hyped for Engage, but the DLC... not so much. It's a thing. Probably will still buy it for my replay, but I'm kind of on the fence, not really counting the minutes till we get Lamer Griss.

Inb4 playable Seforia and I end up dropping everything

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is she actually good with swords?

Levin Sword. 

Being a Mystical that can use Swords means she can use magical Emblem attacks while benfitting from Emblem Mystical bonuses. She's the only one who can do so.

She can even make use of Physical weapons when needed thanks to the Mystical bonuses.

You even commented on my guide man xD

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Levin Sword. 

Being a Mystical that can use Swords means she can use magical Emblem attacks while benfitting from Emblem Mystical bonuses. She's the only one who can do so.

She can even make use of Physical weapons when needed thanks to the Mystical bonuses.

You even commented on my guide man xD

Oh.

Yeah, right, see, I forgor.

Ahem.

Look Sommie

2ce4eec686c17c59902e9fb95724ad58e08716f7

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Are there more Sommie?

Nah, since it seems to cover mostly Chapter 2.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah it's actually kind of insane how Wraith finds the DLC more remarkable than I do lol. I was so insanely hyped for Engage, but the DLC... not so much. It's a thing. Probably will still buy it for my replay, but I'm kind of on the fence, not really counting the minutes till we get Lamer Griss.

Inb4 playable Seforia and I end up dropping everything

Isn't that more the theatrics of disliking it?

Please Ruben, stop being in denial. The DLC has already killed off Eve and most likely all the retainers. One map is most likely the Solmic palace in ruins. She be dead.

20230403_183736.jpg

Etie strong

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh.

Yeah, right, see, I forgor.

Ahem.

Look Sommie

2ce4eec686c17c59902e9fb95724ad58e08716f7

Sit down. Let's talk about that iFunny watermark.

You know, it just hit me.

Short of fighting the royals again during Xenologue 6, due to having to fight all seven Emblems, I wonder if instead we might fight...

Spoiler

Corrupted versions of the Monarchs.

And that’s it, Octopath 2 is done.

The “after you beat all 8 stories” stuff in this game is great. Way better than the OG game’s. The twists are pretty interesting. The actual ending is corny and makes no logistical sense but it’s great so it’s okay. There seems to be quite a bit of variation based on who you picked at the beginning, so I hope I can find all of those on YouTube.

The actual objective ranking of the character stories is Castti >> Throné > Temenos > Hikari >> Ochette > Osvald > Partitio > Agnea. Throné, Temenos, and Hikari I’m all not exactly sure where to put relative to each other because they’re all flaws just about as much, but I think I like the way this looks right now. @Saint Rubenio since we did these for the first game, here’s mine for when you finish it in 20 years. Before you ask Hikari’s story hard improves come chapter 3.

Anyway, it’s basically more Octopath. The gameplay is still good, the music is still great, but this time the characters are good and a decent amount of the story is good. What a shock. It felt a little overly long and I started to burn myself out on it but looking back, I think it was a pretty great game.

It's so funny how Zelda 1 actually isn't a certified walkthrough game.

I mean, look up the map. But from there it's just fuck around and find out.

VOOWFdh.jpg

KeA will be the most popular girl in Sunday School when she catches the Regis without using a guide, whenever someone creates Orbalmon in Zemuria. Whether or not Louis Braille exists in the Trails universe remains to be seen, however.

How you're supposed to use the two new characters doesn't seem as straightforward as the previous four (Wazy in particular), so I ended up using Noel as another dedicated attacker and Wazy as a buff/debuff caster. I'm not sure if that's what you're supposed to do with them, but whatever works.

On 4/1/2023 at 1:18 PM, Newtype06 said:

Haha...

Oddly enough, this topic was brought up in game.

Spoiler

Joerg says that "the society's intervention here pales in comparison to what happened in Liberl", which is a way of saying that Ouroboros won't be as present as they were in SC. From my count, the only previously-introduced Enforcers that aren't in Erebonia/dead/on leave/defected besides Campanella is Walter. It's possible there won't be any new ones introduced in this game, which is mildly puzzling for... hypotheses I'm probably wrong about. KeA (who may or may not be D) is probably relevant to their plans regardless, but they could manipulate someone else into doing... whatever they're planning.

Funnily enough the Steel Maiden appears in the Anguis lineup despite not being properly introduced yet, though I technically know what she looks like already since I played out of order (also, she's in the intro). Weissmann and Novartis are also present while the other four Anguis are silhouettes. The difference in hierarchy between the Anguis and Enforcers is also explained somewhat (the Anguis come up with the society's plans, which Enforcers lack the authority to do).

Playing this and Cold Steel makes Ouroboros's proactivity in the Liberl arc feel strange in retrospect. They even had a secret villain base in Liberl, though that might have been one of the Thirteen Factories.

The ending of Zero didn't mention what happened to Pater-Mater, so I didn't know whether or not it stayed at the Rosenberg Studio or if it went with Renne to Liberl. The former being correct makes sense, since I don't think Pater-Mater would fit in the storage of an airship anyway.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Bro like Moana ain't even a Disney classic from the 90s or some shit, that movie came out in 2016.

I mean, they're probably running out of movies to remake that people fondly remember. Soon they'll have to remake their remakes. Live action Frozen when?

The fact that Rock "the Dwayne" Johnson apparently has his own production company might also have something to do with it.

Edited by Lightchao42

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

VOOWFdh.jpg

KeA will be the most popular girl in Sunday School when she catches the Regis without using a guide, whenever someone creates Orbalmon in Zemuria. Whether or not Louis Braille exists in the Trails universe remains to be seen, however.

How you're supposed to use the two new characters doesn't seem as straightforward as the previous four (Wazy in particular), so I ended up using Noel as another dedicated attacker and Wazy as a buff/debuff caster. I'm not sure if that's what you're supposed to do with them, but whatever works.

I benched them both.

…I shouldn’t have because Wazy is cool but I didn’t know that yet.

Fs1xM1OaQAAUZP_?format=jpg&name=large

The Legend of Zelda actually is kinda fun. Once you pull up the map that is.

Honestly, for being the first game in the series, i am surprised at how much of it isn't a certified walkthrough game like some of the early later entries in the series. Step 1: look up a map. Step 2: play. It's just that simple, the most convoluted thing in the game is finding the meat for the moblin in Level 7 that for some reason you simply cannot kill. The rest is you simply do stuff. You simply fuck around and find out. I like that and this is the exact same type of gameplay philosophy that formed the foundation for Breath of the Wild.

Of course, this game has 80s game design jank. A lot of times, you'll just get hit for like no reason. It's so easy to just die in this game. The amount of rewinds i had to do to stay sane. But honestly? Game's fun.

8/10

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

And that’s it, Octopath 2 is done.

I'm sorry to get on your case right away but I think it's Yakuza time

https://nintendoeverything.com/pokemon-stadium-joins-nintendo-switch-online-next-week/

I don't have NSO, but boy this is nostalgic to me. -Without the ability to transfer 'mons from RBY it will be lacking, although I never really used my Pokes as a kid, I always pretty much always used the rentals. I also recall doing lots of the free battles where I gave the CPU crap mons and I won super easily with actually good ones.

However, given part of the wonder of Pokemon Stadium long ago was the 3D graphics, which at the time were amazing...

pokemon-stadium.large.jpg

...It's fair to say this game has not aged well, at, all. This is a case where nostalgia simply can't overcome the passing of time.🤣

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fs1xM1OaQAAUZP_?format=jpg&name=large

Done in a day. Not unsurprising, that's doable given the era and length, if also indicating perhaps that you quite enjoyed it.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Legend of Zelda actually is kinda fun. Once you pull up the map that is.

Honestly, for being the first game in the series, i am surprised at how much of it isn't a certified walkthrough game like some of the early later entries in the series. Step 1: look up a map. Step 2: play. It's just that simple, the most convoluted thing in the game is finding the meat for the moblin in Level 7 that for some reason you simply cannot kill. The rest is you simply do stuff. You simply fuck around and find out. I like that and this is the exact same type of gameplay philosophy that formed the foundation for Breath of the Wild.

Of course, this game has 80s game design jank. A lot of times, you'll just get hit for like no reason. It's so easy to just die in this game. The amount of rewinds i had to do to stay sane. But honestly? Game's fun.

8/10

You couldn't finish AoL (it is an offbeat second entry), ALttP is a pale shadow of what the Zelda formula would later create IYO (Although given AoL, ALttP deserves credit for confirming LoZ's formula.), and OoT is a flawed initial transition to 3D IYO.

And yet, LoZ1 managed to rise above it all. I do understand where you're coming from. Miyamoto, it is well-known, said he was inspired by his childhood wanderings around in nature when he created the original The Legend of Zelda.

BotW is pretty murderous too BTW if you don't obtain new armor for a while, and then ignore the Great Fairies b/c the flowers look suspect. Death with the frequency of going off the beaten path in Xenoblade, easily. Curse those Darknuts might I add. The tiny range of your sword and them only being vulnerable from the back as they scurry randomly around made them so annoying.

Also, nice little coincidence going from OoS right into LoZ1. Lots of bosses had to be familiar. (And oddly, the Skull Dungeon boss in OoA is called "Eyesoar" in English, but Patra in Japanese- same name as the LoZ1 winged eyeball enemy with lots of little encircling minions. Seems like they ended up in the wrong Oracle.) The Blue/Red Candle being able to burn little trees to reveal a few staircases might find a slight spiritual successor in the Ember Seeds too.

And done, uploaded to the usual sites!

I did added a few more to it, if you wish to check it out even if you read the one-shot already. Though it wasn't a whole lot. Though sorry Ruben, not more Vander or Sommie.

Edited by Acacia Sgt