• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I think I'll run it on my completed file because I honestly do not have time to finish my second run rn.

Edit: plus it'll be interesting to do those maps without the DLC Emblems.

Edited by Armagon

For having claimed they wanted to do the complete opposite of Three Houses for Engage's story, they sure backpedaled for the DLC.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

My friends had this collection when we were younger, though I only recall playing the N64 games.

For you, I now remember this exists.:

Pikmin%202%20Official%20Player's%20Guide_0000.jp2&id=Pikmin2OfficialPlayersGuide&scale=8&rotate=0

https://archive.org/details/Pikmin2OfficialPlayersGuide

You totally don't need it. But I'm tossing its existence out there anyhow. It let me see a lot more of the game than I actually played.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

For some reason, they thought Skull Kid was the Happy Mask Salesman in disguise...

Maybe the angry face is to blame. HMS doesn't exactly look like the most trustworthy of characters.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Funnily enough, I still have that guide book.

I wish I did. There was something majestic about it. But, that's one of the guides and GC games I lost access to long ago.

As an emulated bundle of old games, well OoT and MM weren't that old at the time, so the package probably felt better than it might seen nowadays. If perhaps slightly odd, given Nintendo had already rereleased OoT on the GC once before. Prior to the creation of Nintendo inventing the Virtual Console for selling old games on the Wii, and then that becoming a norm with the 3DS and then NSO, I would think this package was more significant than it would be regarded now. 

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you want a bit of advice, a good selection for the initial Favorite picks would be Banpresto OG's, Mazinkaizer, and Brain Powerd.

Considering Favorites get to have more upgrade slots at start and a bonus to EXP and Money gains, it's not a bad idea to pick the OG right off the bat, even if it only benefits the one unit. As for the other two, well, the Mazingers are good heavy hitters, while the Brain Powerds are decent to good units all around, plus there's quite a few of them, so the bonus gets applied to a lot of units. Though conversely, likely because they're a lot, the bonuses aren't as high. Still have the extra upgrade slots and they should be among the cheaper units to upgrade as the flip side.

The Banpresto Originals would make total sense as my fav, and I'll be fielding them every map since the OG pilot & mech is bound to be good.

Given Brain Powerd's near-exclusiveness to this game, sure. And this will be my first encounter with old Mazinkaiser (its second incarnation?), so why not.

Fell Xenolouge plot is hilarious but i must say, i was not expecting Alear and Nel to just be beefing at each other despite being on the same side. It is definitely the highlight of this.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Xenologue 3 done.

They're not... really much challenging...

The challenge is keeping Nil the fuck away from the battle because he's so useless. His Personal ironically is really good but it's wasted on him.

THE MARK

THE MARK IS REAL

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Story is quite meh. It's enjoyable to play through the Xenologues, but that's mostly it.

I think i'm laughing at it. Like it's to be expected but it's really blatantly just the "What If" scenario.

Well i mean, i'm genuinely enjoying the Alear/Nel banter but the rest of the stuff is hilarious. Actually, anything involving the twins is good imo because they're the only actually original characters in this.

(And it goes without saying but i'm enjoying the special battle convos too. It is impossible to see them all in one run tho).

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

THE MARK

THE MARK IS REAL

Nah, that's Ascot.

I think i'm laughing at it. Like it's to be expected but it's really blatantly just the "What If" scenario.

Well i mean, i'm genuinely enjoying the Alear/Nel banter but the rest of the stuff is hilarious. Actually, anything involving the twins is good imo because they're the only actually original characters in this.

(And it goes without saying but i'm enjoying the special battle convos too. It is impossible to see them all in one run tho).

I think for me it quickly veered into: "Too bleak, stop caring." and "I don't care what happens to these characters."

You're right on the Fell siblings... for the most part at least. I already have an idea or two to write fanfics with their Main Timeline versions... if they existed. Or not, it's not quite needed to make them exist in the main Elyos.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You're right on the Fell siblings... for the most part at least. I already have an idea or two to write fanfics with their Main Timeline versions... if they existed. Or not, it's not quite needed to make them exist in the main Elyos.

They probably just never existed at all in Mainverse.

I want to see their Supports with (REDACTED) but i'd probably resort to looking it up later. Cause after this is done, i have bombs to synthesize and birds to fly.

Edited by Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

They probably just never existed at all in Mainverse.

I want to see their Supports with Veyle but i'd probably resort to looking it up later. Cause after this is done, i have bombs to synthesize and birds to fly.

I think chances are good. Considering how just about everybody else exists.

Past Alear mentions a few siblings, including a sister-brother pair in the same breath. So maybe...

Wait they didn't give Mark any lines LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S LITERALLY JUST YET ANOTHER LYN ART AND THEY TRIED TO HIDE IT!

This is the absolute funniest thing FEH's ever done.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think chances are good. Considering how just about everybody else exists.

Past Alear mentions a few siblings, including a sister-brother pair in the same breath. So maybe...

True. It's not unlikely but if they existed, they died ages ago so it doesn't really matter either way.

Wait they didn't give Mark any lines LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT'S LITERALLY JUST YET ANOTHER LYN ART AND THEY TRIED TO HIDE IT!

This is the absolute funniest thing FEH's ever done.

It's like Adult Tiki wearing her child clothes. XD

True. It's not unlikely but if they existed, they died ages ago so it doesn't really matter either way.

Exactly. So prime fanfic potential.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But, that's one of the guides and GC games I lost access to long ago.

Sad to hear that, as it really is a cool little disc for the GC

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As an emulated bundle of old games, well OoT and MM weren't that old at the time, so the package probably felt better than it might seen nowadays. If perhaps slightly odd, given Nintendo had already rereleased OoT on the GC once before. Prior to the creation of Nintendo inventing the Virtual Console for selling old games on the Wii, and then that becoming a norm with the 3DS and then NSO, I would think this package was more significant than it would be regarded now. 

But you are probably right that it was more impactful for the time.