• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Fell Xenolouge 4 question:

Spoiler

Nel and Alt Alear were in love. Alt Alear was actually Lumera's child, no relation to Sombron whatsoever.

So if Nel and Main Alear fall in love, is that incest?

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

No ifunny this time

good 😛 

I swear I didn't know. I didn't even know what that site was. I pulled an image from Google. Help

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, DLC has been datamined.

Ahahaha, Zephia/Zelestia is 2500 years old? Wow...

If Alear and Veyle are over 1000 and still teens, this would make Zephia... Late 20s in human years? I suppose it adds up.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Fell Xenolouge 4 question:

Hide contents

Nel and Alt Alear were in love. Alt Alear was actually Lumera's child, no relation to Sombron whatsoever.

So if Nel and Main Alear fall in love, is that incest?

Spoiler

Do DNA strands are the same across worlds? If so... then yes.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

If Alear and Veyle are over 1000 and still teens, this would make Zephia... Late 20s in human years? I suppose it adds up.

Food for thought though. Did Alear stopped aging while they were asleep? Because they looked exactly the same a thousand years ago, coded 17 if we consider the data. So still the equivalent of human 17 despite the thousand years passing?

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Food for thought though. Did Alear stopped aging while they were asleep? Because they looked exactly the same a thousand years ago, coded 17 if we consider the data. So still the equivalent of human 17 despite the thousand years passing?

Honestly, I'm fairly certain the 17 in the code is only there because the ages are used for food bonuses and they wanted Alear to benefit from bonuses to the young. So it's to be taken with a grain of salt.

As to your question... I don't think they stopped aging, dragons just don't age as much. I mean, Lumera and Zephia are also identical, and both of them were just fine all 1000 years.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think it's always been like that.

Tiki is 1000 years in Shadow Dragon which is like 10 human years. She's 3000 in Awakening so it's like 30 human years.

This only applies to full-blooded dragons tho, not half-blooded. Nah aged like a normal human as did Corrin. Or at the very least they mature faster and then just remain young for centuries (Sophia).

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Do DNA strands are the same across worlds? If so... then yes.

Spoiler

I see. Who wrote this......I can't believe it! Kaga!

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

How is that on Alm?

He fell for Nuibaba's trap, how is that not on him?

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yes. None of that is him and infact the game bends over to not make him do anything wrong.

You are the one bending over backwards to pretend Alm didn't do anything wrong. The game is very explicit about him being in the wrong with the first two of those, and the third I extrapolate as wrong as it dooms the humans of Valentia.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

OKQLIiB.png

Ike an avatar confirmed

I wasn't talking about the tutorial using the word You, it does that multiple times in Engage in a way that in no way indicates any of the characters are an Avatar. I was saying one of the tutorials refers Alear as "You"

Plus Alear's room is described by the game both as Your Room, and My Room at various points.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

vslL4FD.png

Another one

I wasn't talking about diagetic tutorializing, like Mycen does here by talking to other characters in universe, either...

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly, I'm fairly certain the 17 in the code is only there because the ages are used for food bonuses and they wanted Alear to benefit from bonuses to the young. So it's to be taken with a grain of salt.

As to your question... I don't think they stopped aging, 1000 is just not that long in dragon years. I mean, Lumera and Zephia are also identical, and both of them were just fine all 1000 years.

Well, body aging =/= body maturing, actually. At least, I remember reading that up once. Don't know if it's true. In any case, it's possible Alear's body did reached full maturity, hence it looking the same.

To be fair, Lumera and Zephia are both definitely adults, so even less noticeable they'd change their looks.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think it's always been like that.

Tiki is 1000 years in Shadow Dragon which is like 10 human years. She's 3000 in Awakening so it's like 30 human years.

This only applies to full-blooded dragons tho, not half-blooded. Nah aged like a normal human as did Corrin. Or at the very least they mature faster and then just remain young for centuries (Sophia).

Hide contents

I see. Who wrote this......I can't believe it! Kaga!

It's not conclusive aging of Archanea dragons works in a 1:100 basis. Heck, Tiki looks more to be early 20's, not 30.

Spoiler

Jumping hoops for that surprise incest. They do Kaga proud.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

. The game is very explicit about him being in the wrong with the first two of those

Yet never shows it and never punished for it, and is infact proven right over and over and over again

Celica is the only always in the wrong

I was saying one of the tutorials refers Alear as "You"

It's more the game teaching the players (you) the mechanics and not talking about Alear

Even her the tutorial calls Ike's party "your party"

I wasn't talking about diagetic tutorializing, like Mycen does here by talking to other characters in universe, either...

and is talking to the player more than the characters

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Heck, Tiki looks more to be early 20's, not 30

Yeah I'd say so too but you never know with anime ages.

But definitely in that range.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, body aging =/= body maturing, actually. At least, I remember reading that up once. Don't know if it's true. In any case, it's possible Alear's body did reached full maturity, hence it looking the same.

Yeah, I edited my post after thinking about it a bit more.  That's probably it. Or, they didn't have the budget for a second Alear model, just like they didn't have the budget to recolor Abyme apparently lolololol

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah I'd say so too but you never know with anime ages.

But definitely in that range.

Ultimately, there's nothing official regarding dragon aging outside Dragon Laguz, and even then who knows how canon it can be since the formula given makes Deghinsea too young when he was Ashera's Champion.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Anyway, now that i finished work and ate, time to play some Engage

Let's see why everyone and their mothers are complaining

There's... a number of baffling design choices.

That's just what I've read, though. You tell me what your first-hand experience is!

You know, I just saw on the reddit someone wondering if the DLC was made by different people than the main game and... I could see it? Since the DLC is so... anti-Engage, if that makes sense.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

That said, I have this thought, and since I've yet to beat the last Xenologue, don't know how right it is, but I do wonder if...

Spoiler

It will end with using the miraculous power of the DLC Emblems to restore the alt Elyos to how it was before the whole mess began, but then they get moved over to the main game Elyos so that they can't be used again to cause havoc.

The second part is very likely, since we do have the Divine Paralogues and all. It's the first one that I'm still guessing about.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yet never shows it and never punished for it, and is infact proven right over and over and over again

Yes it does. If you kill the blackmailed Zeke Alm is treated like a murderous thug by villagers, you don't get to recruit Tatiana or Zeke, and instead of some helpful warnings about the Necrodragons you get snipe comments about getting what you deserve in the near future. In the second case he would have had to follow through with Celica's advise back at the split, and the punishment is that he murdered his father by his own hands. In the third case Alm isn't punished because he fails to accomplish his goal.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Celica is the only always in the wrong

She isn't. Her religiously inspired Martyrdom is rewarded with both the Falchion, and a resurrection. The game simply assumes you have a very basic understanding of common religious themes to understand the story of its religiously inspired priestess.

21 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's more the game teaching the players (you) the mechanics and not talking about Alear

Most of Engage's tutorial is this way, with a bunch of carefully talk about Your Units, or class types being able to do things, which is why the time they talk something that Alear does, as something "You" doing it sticks out.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

and is talking to the player more than the characters

So is Chloe and Louis's discussion about Mages and Choke points, but you don't see me pretending that I believe the player is Chloe or Louis because of that discussion.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2023-04-05-13-09-27-80_b72a20

What in the fuck?

Case in point.

It's worth noting, however, that you get a free of both items for completing the Xenologues. You're just shit outta luck if you want a full team of cannoneers lol

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, I just saw on the reddit someone wondering if the DLC was made by different people than the main game and... I could see it? Since the DLC is so... anti-Engage, if that makes sense.

From what I've been seeing of it, it kinda feels like they gave Koei the DLC lolololololol