Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

22 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Gentlemen, I have a confession to make. Although I risk starting the Apocalypse I’ll say it anyway. Upon thinking about it…the Fell Xenologue wasn’t…completely awful.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What is a port?!

Go back to Advance Wars, Andy.

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Attaboy, Wraith.

Don’t get me wrong Rubenio, the maps on hard are a complete mess as in not properly play tested, a stiff breeze could kill the new units especially the twin Fell Dragons and the story still suffers from being…well…Engage writing. But, when you finally get the new character in the main game some of them have half-way decent supports that make them feel like actually characters.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Gentlemen, I have a confession to make. Although I risk starting the Apocalypse I’ll say it anyway. Upon thinking about it…the Fell Xenologue wasn’t…completely awful.

There might be some hope for that boomer yet

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

There might be some hope for that boomer yet

It’s not like I actually enjoyed the game or anything, baka!

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Skill issue.

Not that last map Shrimp-kun, that one wasn’t playtested.

I am almost finished the DLC and honestly i feel like most difficulty complaints are skill issue

Atleast on hard. It's not nearly as half as bad as people are making it out to be, and are a fun challenge.

Will try Maddening later tho.

1 hour ago, ping said:

Go back to Advance Wars, Andy.

No, I like having units that grow.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I am almost finished the DLC and honestly i feel like most difficulty complaints are skill issue

Atleast on hard. It's not nearly as half as bad as people are making it out to be, and are a fun challenge.

It could also be the time at which they are done. I don't believe you've mentioned when you're doing the DLC? Is it your endgame file? Because I hear it's with the early units that it becomes hell.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It could also be the time at which they are done. I don't believe you've mentioned when you're doing the DLC? Is it your endgame file? Because I hear it's with the early units that it becomes hell.

Yeah it's probably this. I can imagine without the Emblems for the dragons it will be quite annoying. Nil especially needs a support one like Miccy

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

They need to git gud

Tbh... I dont really agree with the whole "get good" mentality. There's really only so much one can do to improve before they realise they've reached their peak.

It's like saying "i'm better than you", basically.

Edited by Lightcosmo

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah it's probably this. I can imagine without the Emblems for the dragons it will be quite annoying. Nil especially needs a support one like Miccy

In that case, you ought to be fair to the folks complaining haha. Consider that early on the only units you have are a squad of unpromoted scrubs, an inexplicably nerfed Vandad and half the Emblems you got at the end. And if you wait a bit to get a few better units, like Ivy's squad, you lose the emblems, forcing you to wait even longer.

This is all on paper, I'd have to see for myself to know for sure, but it feels like the optimal time to do these would be after chapter 17. You got plenty of Emblems then and plenty of solid units that stay solid in the paralogues. Heck, I've seen some saying that Warp Ragnarok is pretty essential at one point - that'd make the DLC best done as late as chapter 20.

Of course, why this is the case when the DLC unlocks on chapter 6 and needs to be beaten every single run to get the units is anyone's guess.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but it feels like the optimal time to do these would be after chapter 17. Y

Even the units you get feel like they are balanced around midgame, as they come at lvl20

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

course, why this is the case when the DLC unlocks on chapter 6 and needs to be beaten every single run to get the units is anyone's guess.

Now that's a complaint i get behind. Should've done it like HoF or CS

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, I've seen some saying that Warp Ragnarok is pretty essential at one poin

You have that as early as ch4 tho

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How is this post completely empty?🤔

I've glimpsed secondhand that reviews of this movie that doesn't exist are all over the place. I don't have a problem with anyone thinking it exists though, nor whatever they may think of it.

Consider one of the hardest movie posters of all time

super_mario_bros_movie_poster_3.jpg

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Oh, and I got Gravity Rush 2 too

I did always find it weird how they made a Gravity Rush 2 but there was never a Gravity Rush 1.

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Gentlemen, I have a confession to make. Although I risk starting the Apocalypse I’ll say it anyway. Upon thinking about it…the Fell Xenologue wasn’t…completely awful

Good job, the universe has imploded in on itself.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How much Loogi was in it?

Yes.

55 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I think it mostly is skill issue until the Corrupted Flying Wyrms with freeze breath that traps you in miasma come in.

Cause that was actually just genuine bullshit.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, I've seen some saying that Warp Ragnarok is pretty essential at one point - that'd make the DLC best done as late as chapter 20.

Nah you can use Corrin for it as well. Just trap the boss in a block of ice.

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You have that as early as ch4 tho

Yeah, but then we go back to the first problem I described - the early units you have are all too useless in the Xenologues to reasonably face them at that time (again, from what people have been saying). And if you wait to have a few prepromotes, you lose the early Emblems. The ideal compromise seemingly ends up being to wait even longer, until the late midgame, when you have both good units and a wide selection of Emblems to choose from.

This is supported by the stats of the DLC units joining the campaign... but not by the unlock time, or their very nature as paid content lol

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Now that's a complaint i get behind. Should've done it like HoF or CS

Absolutely. From what I can see, people aren't complaining about the Xenologues themselves, exactly, but rather about their implementation, which is undoubtedly very weird. It looks like they attempted a strange middle ground between the past DLC campaigns, which were completely separate, and Engage's DLC content so far, which was integrated into the main game. And ended up striking a perfect "worst of both worlds" balance lol

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Jeez you guys making me look like a villain here xD

Ah it wasn't not my intention haha. I'm just trying to make a case for the people complaining, is all.

Just now, Armagon said:

Yes.

Give me an answer, damn you.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Nah you can use Corrin for it as well. Just trap the boss in a block of ice.

I mean, Corrin is the last Emblem that becomes available. This would just move the optimal time from the end of chapter 20 to the end of chapter 16. It's not that much better.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Give me an answer, damn you.

He has slightly less screen time but the movie has the pacing of a starship going at light speed so honestly you wouldn't really notice that. Charlie Day's performance of him was spot on.

... actually, all of them were. Yes, even Chris Pratt Mario was actually pretty good. The trailers just didn't do him any favors.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This would just move the optimal time from the end of chapter 20 to the end of chapter 16. It's not that much better.

I mean, that is around the part of the game where you would want the DLC characters.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That's not really my intent. 

This is a good example of the fact that some accept that they are just unable to react with good timing like this in an action based game:

e08c5ff3e3c96c37c57c030f060e9872.gif

There is not shame or disappointment in admitting that you can't and it doesn't make you a "bad" player in the slightest in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Wraith: You expect me to git gud?

Shrimp: No Mr. Wraith I expect you to die.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

You’re lucky I don’t understand French.

Ich furze grob in seine Richtung. Seine Mutter war ein Hamster und sein Vater roch nach Holunder. Nun hebe er sich hinweg oder ich werde ihn ein zweites mal verhöhnen.