Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Initiate/brave weapons? Kill before they can counter?

Wrath/Vantage does not a work in FE5

Enemies with brave weapons would be annoying as hell on every single unit. The enemy kill a player unit in one hit that isn't a healer a mage or Lara? that's not likely.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I really don't think this is the case. No matter how you look at it, it's free kills not to mention saves weapon uses as well.

It's not free kills unless you can kill them before they can kill you, and that's not how Wrath works in FE5

And honestly, i'd take a busted reliable skill over proc% skill any day of the week, and if we gonna do proc%, make em reliable

6 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

And either way, it does with Dragon Lance/Beo's Sword.

Limited uses and super late game

Enemies with brave weapons would be annoying as hell on every single unit. The enemy kill a player unit in one hit that isn't a healer a mage or Lara? that's not likely.

That's a problem with FE5's shitty enemy unit balance and not Wrath itself

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's not free kills unless you can kill them before they can kill you, and that's not how Wrath works in FE5

And honestly, i'd take a busted reliable skill over proc% skill any day of the week, and if we gonna do proc%, make em reliable

Limited uses and super late game

You are saying "in theory", i am saying within the scope of the game, while considering THEIR balance and all.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That's a problem with FE5's shitty enemy unit balance and not Wrath itself

If you have to make enemy stats insane to compensate for this either way, i think that speaks volumes about it. Like sure i could make the enemy 100% one shot the player every hit but again, probably boring to force them to play that way. 

You are saying "in theory", i am saying within the scope of the game, while considering THEIR balance and all.

Well, you tried to bring FE5 and balance in the same sentence xD

If you have to make enemy stats insane to compensate for this either way, i think that speaks volumes about it.

You don't need to make enemy stats insane, you just have to not make them absolute dogshite like they were in FE5

Well, you tried to bring FE5 and balance in the same sentence xD

You don't need to make enemy stats insane, you just have to not make them absolute dogshite like they were in FE5

With the all 20 cap system, this is incredibly hard to do with their wonky stats and recruitment times for chars and whatnot.

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

For example, Galeforce was 100% reliable and you see what the fans said about that. lmao

Galeforce gave you a free action. That's not the same thing as eating an enemy attack and then countering with a lethal attack.

If enemies are strong enough, you wouldn't want to make your own unit eat to many attacks before Wrath'ing.

With the all 20 cap system, this is incredibly hard to do with their wonky stats and recruitment times for chars and whatnot.

Yeah so problem is not Wrath, but everything together combined. Nerfing wrath won't make the game better

If anything it will make it less fun

Galeforce gave you a free action. That's not the same thing as eating an enemy attack and then countering with a lethal attack.

If enemies are strong enough, you wouldn't want to make your own unit eat to many attacks before Wrath'ing.

But by your logic it's "fun" because it's 100% activation. i don't think most would agree, i believe most said it was broken.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah so problem is not Wrath, but everything together combined. Nerfing wrath won't make the game better

If anything it will make it less fun

Play basically any 776 mod, and you will see Wrath will have been changed to the FE4 version of it.

17 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Play basically any 776 mod, and you will see Wrath will have been changed to the FE4 version of it.

But they also balance more than just Wrath - and for a good reason.

Many of them even remove the 20 cap and increase it to 30-40

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

So this weekend I stayed at the city I work atbinstead of going back home. And I don't know if it was the smaller space of the apartment, the loneliness or just not feeling Engage after losing chapter 19 right at the end, but I didn't feel like sitting at home. So I walked 45 minutes and visited a local museum of modern art. Just because.

It was funny. There was this performance of sorts with lights and smoke, and I don't know if they lost control of the machine or what, but they ended up puffing a constant stream of the stuff at some old folks sitting next to me. Poor people couldn't stop coughing. Maybe that was part of the art, too, I don't know 

Hmm...

If Soma absorbs the soul of a Student Witch, but they still transform into a cat and flee... are they now soulless witches? Are they moving to Valentia now?

Okay, time to enter the Harem Inner Quarters.

Typical, Castlevania learns its master reincarnated as a Japanese in the 21st Century and first thing it does is manifest an area with only females around.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I am now old enough to post this:

Bo2YkdW.jpg

If I had a nickel for every final bonding event achievement name that was a pun on "more than a feeling", I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.

Spoiler

In the interests of time, I only viewed Elie's, Wazy's and Rixia's events so far. It was nice hearing Wazy and Rixia's full backstories and Elie's was cute. Plus, it would be weird if KeA's parents weren't a couple. Now I just need to find a way to get Randy and Mireille together...

Wazy says he is "a vessel for one of the 12 Stigmas". It seems like there are twelve unique Stigmas, maybe they jump to a new host whenever their previous user dies? It would explain why Kevin got the position of Fifth Dominion specifically, if each Stigma corresponds to each number.

Something I enjoy about Trails are the scenes where all the allies you've made join forces to fight the villains. That happens here with Kevin and co., the CGF, CPD, Heiyue, the bracers, Lechter and Kilika, and even the Brights make a return to help out just as I was thinking they wouldn't be in this game. RIP Pater-Mater, the true hero of the series.

Resolving another mystery from the last game, the names on the faded grave are identified. Since the last name seemed to end in "-es" I assumed they might be a relative of Cecile's, but the grave turned out to belong to Grimwood's wife and children instead. Of course, there's a reason the game waited so long to reveal who the grave belonged to...

Back when Misty first mentioned Orchis Tower in Cold Steel, I assumed it would be Azure's final dungeon. I was wrong, though it did turn out to be the second-to-last dungeon. I should've known they would build a supervillain layer in there...

As for more reveals, Arios is most likely innocent of killing Guy, and my initial impression of Dieter (him using the Sept-Terrion as a means to an end for his goals, rather than being a crazy cultist like Mariabell) was correct. Dieter turns out to not be the main villain and we find out the true true mastermind behind everything. There's not much indication there is a true true mastermind until Lechter and Kilika bring up the idea (in hindsight, Sigmund mentioned that Dieter was working with "that other gentleman" who I assumed at the time to be Wald). I probably should've expected that the true villain was an unassuming side character (my eyes were just on the wrong unassuming side characters), but they hid Grimwood's full backstory until you're expected to figure it out.

Remember me, Lloyd? When I killed your brother I talked just... like... THIS!

Although Mariabell is busy with her evil plan, it's nice of her to take the time to play Pom Pom Party with Lloyd whenever he asks her to.

18 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

You'll meet her in CS4.

Darn, there goes my funny joke theory.

12 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I ask upon the Xeno peeops here to give me some tips of things to do or pay attention to as I'm just starting, if there are any besides the ones already given to me.

Completing sidequests gives you experience points, so they're worth doing if you feel like you're underleveled.

All those generic monster hunting quests might not seem like they're worth doing, but you get the rewards automatically for completing them (i.e. you don't need to report back to the quest giver), so it's worthwhile to accept all of them and defeat the targets as you travel around since they're marked on the map.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They ruined her.

I can't believe they would do this.

Mods giveth, and mods taketh away.

56 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, Headhunter defeated.

... How do you misspelled Kali as Curly!?

They must be a fan of the Three Stooges, clearly. Otherwise they would've misspelled it as "Kary" like Final Fantasy did.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

They must be a fan of the Three Stooges, clearly. Otherwise they would've misspelled it as "Kary" like Final Fantasy did.

I mean, Kary at least makes sense due to the L/R thing... but Curly? Did they not saw the enemy sprite or something...?

Then again, they also used a completely different name instead of Amaterasu, so...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

chapter 19

This is one of the chapters (the other being 22) were i think it's less fun on maddening than on hard. Feels likes how the chapters were constructed conceptually don't work that well with super high enemy quality

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It was funny. There was this performance of sorts with lights and smoke, and I don't know if they lost control of the machine or what, but they ended up puffing a constant stream of the stuff at some old folks sitting next to me. Poor people couldn't stop coughing. Maybe that was part of the art, too, I don't know 

sounds like an experience XD