Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Oh shit, there's an unreleased prototype for a Pokemon Picross that got out during the big leaks from a few years ago. And then someone decided to make a translation patch for it, because I guess Picross had a fanbase when I wasn't looking.

Why they wouldn't release the best game to ever carry the Pokemon name, I'll never know

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

The Legend of Zelda: Violations of the Geneva Convention.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Link got evicted.

Zelda flexing her monarchy authority by forcing Link to give up his home.

Spoiler

exeSBMz.jpg

"Me, Ma and Da going on a monster hunting trip" -Mio

X7W28Ht.jpg

"Me, my daughter and my great great great great great great grand daughter punching the lights outta monster" -Rex

XBC3 spoilers

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The Legend of Zelda: Violations of the Geneva Convention.

The videos and builds to come out of this game is as amazing as expected xD

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Spheres, the Crystals of X, are quite prevalent in the setting and lore, and also on the gameplay with stuff like the Sphere Grid

...I hadn't thought of them like that before.😅 Too round and not crystal-shaped enough.

6 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

What questions would those be?

🤨 

*Sigh* *Takes a sip of 🍷 and then dusts off the old papyrus scroll as long as a 1:1 scale riverboat for the afterlife.* Where I do I begin...

XCX MAJOR SPOILERS ofc! With a nod or two to Xenosaga inasmuch as I know of it.:

Spoiler
  1. Why is everyone alive, when they should've died months ago?
    • Silence, save for rushing water, this shall disturb me until I, and Elma, have our answer.
  2. How did Lao survive his onscreen death, body returned to normal?
    • And what's with that "heartless killer android" look in his eyes when he wakes up again? Just shock value to show he lives, or is he seriously changed?
  3. Who is the person in the artbook referred to as "the Black Knight" who almost 100% out-of-camera view walks over to the mysteriously-still-alive Lao?
    • The ingame model you're not supposed to see greatly differs from the artbook depiction of the Black Knight. It appears Monolith's ingame version wears Grenada Skell Wear, but tosses a hooded cloak over it, something you don't see anywhere else in the game. And it makes the Black Knight greatly resembles a Xenosaga Testament. Why add this unnecessary wardrobe touchup when we can't see him, Monolith?
      • Considering Lao is alive despite being dead, it's possible the Black Knight intends to recruit him as another "Knight". The Testaments were Dead Men Standing, Lao would fit right in. I'd tentatively call him "the Green Knight" b/c he was a Pathfinder, the division whose logo is predominantly green, and "the Green Knight" is a well-known character of Arthurian lore (and the fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse- Pale, can be interpreted as pale green in color).
  4. What happened to the Lone Hero and the original Ares?
    • Speaking of dead people, let's get Elma's coworker and lover out of the way. He has been MIA ever since the crash on Mira. But MIA doesn't equal dead.
      • He could very well be the Black Knight, if Monolith intended for a Knight or Knights made in the mold of the Testaments.
        • Considering Jerkass is a Testament and Shion's former lover (or purely-feigned lover as I suspect), our next strong independent female Xeno lead could very well be cursed to have her own deceased beloved become undead. May the Lone Hero as the Black Knight -if this is the case- not make me want to throw a mountain of Bonjellium in his face mouth agape.
  5. What is Mira? A compound question.
    1. Why wasn't this planet on anybody's star charts? The Ma-non are intelligent enough that they should've been able to see it from lightyears away no problem.
    2. Why were the Ma-non drawn onto the planet?
    3. Why was there a mysterious flash of light near the remnants of the Earth that warped the Ganglion to Mira
    4. Why can't anyone, including the Ganglion and even the time-traveling Professor B, escape Mira?
    5. Why can everyone understand each other's language? Earthlings have never met any aliens before, even if there was an intergalactic lingua franca, humanity shouldn't know it.
      • "Suspension of disbelief" usually reasonably applies when it comes to the matter of the understanding and speaking of languages when it comes to fiction. If a Hollywood action movie happens to happen in Paris, every Parisian encountered just so happens to speak fluent English to the American action hero.
        • However, the matter of communication is brought up in XCX and regarded as peculiar. It's even touched on that the vocal organs of the different species shouldn't make it possible for them to readily vocalize the same vocabulary! 
    6. To who did the ruins on Mira belong?
      • There is no way the Nopon build 99% of this stuff. And the Divine Nopopon even asks the question of how the Nopon came to Mira. They don't get an answer, and the inquiry receives no real attention by anyone else. But it does imply the Nopon might not actually be native to Mira, or at least weren't the first intelligent species. -Which opens the door to the possibility that that prior species is responsible for the Nopon on Mira.
      • Besides the ruined architecture and stuff like the floating mining stations in the sky over Cauldros, we have the Xe-doms, Fal-swos, and Oc-servs, "living metal" robots that the Ganglion were able to hijack, but they did not create them.
  6. Who/what is L?
    • He is the only alien of his kind found on Mira, why? Is the eccentric personality a facade hiding something deeper and very serious?
    • The artbook gave him a ton of unused designs, why all the effort. And why -not properly blacking-out the redaction- did Monolith design the unused hellspawn "Origin Form" appearance for him? Is his real name Miratina?
  7. What is Elma?
    • We don't know what her alien species is called, we don't why she came to Earth and decided to help humanity. The main heroine and her backstory is still not entirely known to us! 
  8. Who is "the Great One" the Ganglion speak of?
    • This is supposed to be the true pilot of the Vita. But other than Luxaar's god-like reverence for this being, we have no idea who they are. Nor why they didn't show up in XCX.
  9. What is the Vita?
    • A natural followup to the above inquiry.
    • As the Great One didn't show up in XCX, assuming they do in the next game, will the Vita return somehow?
      • Is the Vita -with its superior mecha performance, pilot-compatibility issues, and a name (Latin for "life") that vaguely reminds me of "Anima" (Latin for "mind, soul")- one in what will be a series of mechs comparable to XG's Omnigears and XS's E.S. units?
  10. What is Dark Matter?
    • This substance Elma identifies as being part of the Vita, she knows of it seemingly because of the Ghost, who use it. The original Ares looks like it uses Dark Matter too. What makes it so special?
    • If the original Ares used Dark Matter, and the Vita is indeed some kind of Omnigear, then 🍿 if Elma ever gets to pilot it again.
  11. Who are the Ghost?
    • This is a BIG question, of multiple parts.
    • Why did the Ghost attack the Earth? The Ganglion attacked b/c they wanted to eradicate humanity to keep it from enslaving them. The Ghost? No explanation.
      • Why did the Ghost fight the Ganglion instead of teaming up with them? The Ghost sure don't seem like they're humanity's allies.
    • Why did the Ghost leave the White Whale alone -until it reached Mira?
      • The Ghost should have had no problems chasing after one ship with ineffectual defenses. Yet years passed, and they did nothing, until they finally did.
    • Why didn't the Ghost show up after humanity crashed on Mira?
      • After the opening plot scenes, the Ghost never once appear ingame. Why did they stop attacking all of a sudden?
      • Is Mira protecting humanity from the Ghost? -Except, then why would the Ghost have delayed their attack until humanity passed by this planet?
      • ...Or is Mira the exact place where the Ghost want humanity to be?😈 
        • The Ghost got humanity off the Earth, trapped the remnant of the species on another planet of their choosing, which they've filled with other aliens also for the sake of the grand scheme. And now, they've withdrawn, waiting for the next phase in this grand plan when it is proper for them to intervene yet again. The White Whale is but a rodent in a maze, with the Lifehold Core recovered, it found its beloved cheese. Now what comes next?
    • The organic designs of the Ghosts find loose similarity to the Gnosis, very different yet also organic Xeno menace in space. -I unfortunately don't know everything about the Gnosis yet, but they are obviously important and maybe could hint at something regarding the Ghost. 
  12. Who are the Samaarians?
    • We're told they founded the Samaar Federation, we're told humanity is their descendants. But that leaves us with more questions.
    • If the Samaarians are humanity's ancestors, why didn't humans know about it? Heck why has humanity been stuck on Earth for its entire existence and not an intergalactic species from its birth? 
    • Was "Golbogga" the deity of the Zaruboggans, the Samaarians?
      • The quest that reveals a holographic image of Golbogga turns out to be a naked human man and a naked human woman. If humanity never left Earth until the Ganglion and Ghost destroyed the planet, then it can't be humans who created the Zaruboggans.
      • If the Samaarians are "Golbogga" as exactly the hologram depicts, and then they therefore look 100% Earthling human, which begs the question even more of why humanity has spent its intelligence existence completely in the dark about this.
  13. Who is Eleonora and what is Yelv?
    • Yelv's last Affinity Mission is creepy WTF!
      • Yelv is called a "J-Body" by Eleonora. It would seem he isn't a human, just an android which has been misled into thinking it is human (made easier to hide when everyone is using a mimesome). Yelv's memories are false, and his personality is an artificial construct that is inherently unstable Wodan sympathizes, although Cross accidentally helps stabilize Yelv's fabricated personality by bonding with him. Yelv is not alone, plans to mass-produce J-Bodies are in the works.
      • Why is Eleonora carrying out this mega-shady-totally-evil project, and for who?
      • Does this tie into the greater Ghost-Mira-Great One-Black Knight-Why Isn't Everyone Dead? storyline, or is this a wholly-independent, purely human evil lurking within the depths of NLA?
  14. Is there another Ark Ship that survived?
    • There is one mission featuring one of the gay-stereotype Lara duo that ends with the discovery of White Whale records of a message sent by a vessel speaking a foreign Earthling language shortly before the crash onto Mira.
    • Are there survivors other than the White Whale? Where are they? Did they also crash? If so, are they somewhere on Mira NLA hasn't reached yet? What is their fate? Did they use mimeosomes or did they never shed their real bodies?
  15. What does the rest of Mira look like?
    • What we see ingame simply can't be the entire planet.
    • There was one very peculiar concept image of Mira with mysterious towers and gaping holes around them. Does this have any relevance to the finalized story?
  16. Why a Telethia?
    • Besides the Nopon, it's the only fantasy species found in XCX and the rest of Xenoblade Chronicles. It could just be a nod, but the description given by an Orphean if you kill the Telethia in a quest suggests something greater quite possibly.

I think these are all the important questions. It's possible I missed one of them. Phew that's tiring!😩 Depending on how you count them, they possibly add up to 20 or more, which means Takahashi wins but is obliged to tell me the answer. Right, right?🥺

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...I hadn't thought of them like that before.😅 Too round and not crystal-shaped enough.

Well, not unlike Materia. Heck, Materia were originally meant to be called Spheres, to boot.

Still, the round design of both is because they're artificially manufactured, after all.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

FwIsDvTacAA4Rf2?format=jpg&name=large

FwIsDvWaUAIYH1h?format=jpg&name=large

FwIsDvPaYAAUvUN?format=jpg&name=large

Wait this game really is peak.

Unironically had a "yooooooooo" moment when i saw them and their new daughter. Tarry Town quest was one of BotW's highlights.

So many things to write, it's hard to choose which one to give focus next...

I also want to start Chapter 4 of TDatP already, hehehe.

Well, before Sunday is over, gonna do some TH. I doubt I will reach the chapter mission, but perhaps I can do at least a battle map or two. I already see another Paralogue popped-up. I also started to get class joining offers from those I already have at B support (well, only Lorenz so far), but I am actually not doing inter-class transferals this run. Or the next two. Only for my final run will I try to recruit everybody I can.

Four Paralogues and a Quest Battle... plus a Rare Enemy sighting...

I feel I'll end up pushing the DLC Paralogues to the very end, pft.

Or I can get B+ Professor Level this month... I might cut it close.

Okay, I chuckled seeing any recruited faculty member also sitting down to class. Like, uh, don't you have a class to teach too!?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Preparing myself to live by myself for like a month as my mom visits Venezuela for the first time in 20 years.

Time to 

1280px-%E0%A4%89%E0%A4%AE%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%B8%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%B5%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%AE%E0%A5%80_%E0%A4%86%E0%A4%9A%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%B0%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%AF%E0%A4%9C%E0%A5%80.jpg

Do it for 40 days in complete isolation (ignore the occasional Lucifer or Mara) and you might attain enlightenment. If it's too easy, do it standing up until vines start wrapping themselves around your ankles.

I've never been alone for a month, but like a week? That's happened before. Just me and my dogs. Things can be pretty quiet. Which I don't mind, but maybe that's too still even for me.

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hopefully things go well over there.

According to a relative, Caracas essentially is in a bubble. The worst of the economic collapse is actually not really felt there, even in el barrio.

And, well, things have recovered since a few years ago. The Bolivar is still worthless but everyone's adapted to the dollar.

One of my mom's tasks once there is to finish the paperwork to approve my dual citizenship. So that I wouldn't have any problems if/when I go there.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've never been alone for a month, but like a week? That's happened before. Just me and my dogs. Things can be pretty quiet. Which I don't mind, but maybe that's too still even for me.

I've been alone a week as well, two years ago when my mom was hospitalized with Covid. 

But a month is going to be new to me. I'll have people checking in on me of course and I have contact with friends. But shit's gonna be quite here. And as an introvert, I don't like going out all the time either.

Tears of the Kingdom came out at the perfect time.

Okay, did the Rare Enemy battle. Will do next the quest battle, and that'll be it for the Free Day. However, that will be for next time.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Interesting things you read there Shrimpy.

It's literally just "generic anime boy gets with generic demon girl #6834583945", it's anything but interesting

TIL that Engage sold 30% less than Three Houses

anyway

When Christ and His Saints slept

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

The Bolivar is still worthless but everyone's adapted to the dollar.

Can't wait for it to crash two weeks from now.😬 Sorry to the rest of the world when the US sparks the next global recession and destroys the international financial system.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

But a month is going to be new to me. I'll have people checking in on me of course and I have contact with friends. But shit's gonna be quite here. And as an introvert, I don't like going out all the time either.

In my case I couldn't even if I wanted to. And I'm IRL friendless.

People do live alone IRL all the time, so it shouldn't be that weird. But then, I guess it's a combination of "humans are social animals", that we're also taught to exist socially if you get what I mean, and the convenience of living with others.

-Random aside, in the 1800s, when Americans settled westward, loneliness seems to have been a serious issue for some. Farmers need a good deal of land to farm, and being entirely empty and undeveloped, living in the lone house on the vast flat prairies for like a dozen miles, it got to people. I think we have accounts of farmers' wives who struggled to deal with not interacting with another adult woman for weeks on end. We're talking the very first wave of settlers, subsequent waves would've upped the population density and gradually developed a sense of community.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Tears of the Kingdom came out at the perfect time.

Oh yeah, I haven't really commented on this. So I'll just say that it's nice to see you're enjoying it so far.😀

I wasn't awed by Breath of the Wild -I didn't dislike it either- and I'm kept myself in the dark as I like to with most games. Nonetheless, since it's Zelda, I'll be certain to pick it up much later this year.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Interesting things you read there Shrimpy.

I have like 400+ Manga in my read list, there's to be something interesting here and there 😛 

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's literally just "generic anime boy gets with generic demon girl #6834583945", it's anything but interesting

I wish there was that many

When Dream of Five was brought up, i thought about their character designs, and most were pretty impressive, but there is one i don't understand:

f9c37ef5cdabf501d2d4b2d63e83cecc.png

Why is this girl just RD Mist? XD