• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

37 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The hubs are more fun than FE4 gameplay tho

Or maybe the Engage team can make FE4 gameplay fun. They certainly did with Sigurd's paralogue.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, and one other request. Install "love benches" everywhere in every castle, where two people can sit well-spaced from each other and hold hands fully clothed eyes only occasionally glancing at each other, for a few extra LP. Hopefully that's nothing too risqué.😘

It's okay, since being castles, count on there being space somewhere for Hot Spring / Sauna / Pool as previous home bases.

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Speaking about xbc2

I only have Newt and Zenobia remaining to get for full blade gang

Popped like 100 crystals yesterday and still didn't get em lmao

Also fuck Elma: Redux already starts with shadow clones lol

Wow, that many and not luck? 

If you ever mod it on Switch PC you can try the mod i made! Xd

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The Home Castles as explorable bases is certainly one thing I would hope to see in a Genealogy remake.

With ten of them and at least one from every country, I'd expect minimum for them all to have different layouts and designs, letting us see the architechtural styles of every corner of Jugdral.

That's a big if. Houses's plot bent over backwards to ensure they only had to model one base. Engage also has only the Somniel. It does let you explore its maps, but that's just the zoom-in mode from Houses you do it after battle instead of during - they are still just using the same map they used in combat. They couldn't do that in Gen because the castles are never battlefields.

Ultimately, they'd have to craft a whole bunch of extra areas for the castle exploration. This would incur a large cost and a bunch of extra dev time... Or, they can make one castle interior and maybe recolor it. I think that's more likely, but we'll see.

58 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The hubs are more fun than FE4 gameplay tho

On a first run. Their replayability has always been one of my favorite things about FE games though, and the hubs have proven to be a massive detriment in that regard. Then again, it is a proven fact I am in the minority in my FE preferences.

58 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Or maybe the Engage team can make FE4 gameplay fun. They certainly did with Sigurd's paralogue

Plot twist: Koei does Echoes of Jugdral. It becomes the new fan favorite and Better Than Engage. 300 hours of content.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, and one other request. Install "love benches" everywhere in every castle, where two people can sit well-spaced from each other and hold hands fully clothed eyes only occasionally glancing at each other, for a few extra LP. Hopefully that's nothing too risqué.😘

Hannibal sits on the love bench with the entire landmass of Thracia lololololol

27 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yeah, no.

They just don't care if their changes break something. Like putting the weapon triangle into a game where 90% of enemies use lances. Or giving slow, armored 2 range units suddenly 10 range without changing anything about the unit layout. Or giving every archer in Wolf's desert fort 4-5 range when they originally only had 2 except for the boss.

At least I can say my stupid global variable changes have at least a little more thought put into them.

Never forget pulling units from a game with universal 20 caps into a game with stat inflation and not updating their stats, then creating new units and basing their statlines on those same ill-fitting units.

Poor, poor Wolfguard.

1 minute ago, Hectorcopter said:

Shower Thought: Was thinking about my gender identity again, and I feel like I’ve come across a lot more people who are trans female than those who are trans male.

I know one online. He's a cool dude. I can't say I've met any trans people in real life, but I don't know that much people period.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

and the hubs have proven to be a massive detriment in that regard.

...and FE4 gameplay didn't?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Plot twist: Koei does Echoes of Jugdral. It becomes the new fan favorite and Better Than Engage. 300 hours of content.

And only 30 Hours unique content. Exactly what the fanbase wants Ü

I was so proud of how I'd handled chapter 7.

Then Zelot got trapped by reinforcements and horrendous RNG led to his death.

Nice.

27 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

...and FE4 gameplay didn't?

Hah! Touché.

27 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And only 30 Hours unique content. Exactly what the fanbase wants Ü

Hurray for walking simulators.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Soon ™️  xD

When i get a new pc/laptop most likely

Sadly to say I was not able to change everything i wanted to, but I still think that most changes I did make were for the better. But of course I would say that, haha.

I've lost two runs with Elen speed levels, and then in the one that's actually looking to be successful if I don't get impatient again, she gets magic.

Somehow, I... am disappointed.

38 minutes ago, Wartortle94 said:

How are you guys doing?

Doing okay. Playing FE6, which is always fun.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Most notably cutting out grinding overall. 

So things like Tiger Tiger! Grant you 50,000 ether crystals per decent run for example. 

Getting materials from search points is easier. 

Quicker travel speed. 

Balancing on Blades naturally. Weapons, effects, etc.

Oh my God she got it again a level later.

Elen just wants to be fast, and she refuses to let anything get on the way of her plan. I don't know what is happening. I know I modded the game, but I checked. I didn't change Elen's growths by mistake or anything. Elen's just being weird because she feels like it.

Anyway, naturally the run where I won was the one where I performed the worst. The first half was a complete mess and I only won because the RNG let me. Funnily enough, I'd actually performed super well in previous runs. It was just this one that went awry.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's okay, since being castles, count on there being space somewhere for Hot Spring / Sauna / Pool as previous home bases.

Silesse in an ancient interview was stated to be inspired by Scandinavia (despite being named after a Polish-German region). Looking at the map of Chapter 4, northern Silesia has some sizable forests (being presumably the coldest country in Jugdral with a lower total population as a result particularly in the north, I get this. Why Agustria has even more forests according to the battle maps is what bewilders me.), ought to provide enough fuelwood to get things steamy in the Finnish way.

1 hour ago, Wartortle94 said:

How are you guys doing?

I'm fine. Trying to alternate between the serious & dramatic Xenosaga Episode III and the chill & charming Rune Factory 5.

3 hours ago, Hectorcopter said:

Shower Thought: Was thinking about my gender identity again, and I feel like I’ve come across a lot more people who are trans female than those who are trans male.

Life is messy. Having a full understanding of oneself can be difficult. Take things at your own pace, and don't get stressed if it feels like you've made a mistake. We're human, we're imperfect. And everyone is always changing, be it a lot or a little. It's okay to think one way today and your thoughts differ a month from now, how we perceive ourselves changes over time, just as many of the cells in bodies are dying, dividing and being replaced by new ones. Sometimes we can't perceive the gradual change, other times the change strikes at our minds sharply.

However you feel about yourself, take it easy. You don't need to come up with a "correct" answer by some deadline about who you are. The answer you feel (how anyone else perceives about you doesn't matter) is right, is what is right. If you believe that answer has changed, then it has changed, no problem. As for deadlines, there aren't any. Everyone who questions who they are would like to know ASAP, but it doesn't always work out that way, that's normal. People even in their senior years have revelations, and they shouldn't be judged for it.

...I'm not used to giving advice on things like this.😅  But, as someone who has put a lot of thought into their possible sexuality, I feel compelled to offer what support I can.

As for trans female and trans male numbers, I'm unfortunately very in the dark when it comes to LGBTQ+ statistics. Or why any demographic gap -real or purely a public perception- exists between groups.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

20230528_155544.jpg

Just ate some of the best seafood on my life

Crabs, Calamari, Shrimps and more yumyumyumyum

Sounds lovely, and that has the look of a pleasant beach, at a temperature too comfortable for people to bother going to it.

3 hours ago, Hectorcopter said:

They tend to get less attention than their trans fem counterparts, and I think it might be a little easier to pass as a man. Loose and baggy clothing that lets you hide your form is a very common trend for male clothes, going beardless is very common, the only hard bit is wearing a binder (or something that functions similarly, I vaguely remember that the 'discreet' method of chest binding back in the day was a sports bra that was two sizes too small, just don't do the anime thing of using bandage wraps, that is about the most dangerous way you can chest bind).

2 hours ago, Wartortle94 said:

How are you guys doing?

...not the best, learned a day or two ago that another of my cousins simply didn't wake up one morning, made a bit scarier by them being younger than I am this time, and I am trying not to think to hard about that. Death always tempts me to replay Persona 3, but I am thinking about going for all achievements on Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice at the moment, I have just complete my first NG+ cycle to get the worst ending for the bosses that you can only face on that route (I already did the best ending on my first run), so its mostly just complete two more runs for the middle endings (which shouldn't take too long, as I was very completionist on my first run, and I learned most of the boss fights rather well already), with a little bit grinding for the last skill points and upgrade materials.

Barthe's face always makes me smile.

I will never understand where they were trying to go with him, but he's so handsome.

1 hour ago, Wartortle94 said:

Oh nice🦊 FE6 is pretty good. I hope they put it on the switch someday

It would be nice, but unfortunately, chances are the west wouldn't get it anyway. Fortunately we have a quality translation made by a very dedicated fan!

Noah has been killed twice by the same enemy.

Noah, Noah, why must you be such a poor unit, and yet such a cool character? I can't just use Alen, Alen is fucking boring!

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...not the best, learned a day or two ago that another of my cousins simply didn't wake up one morning, made a bit scarier by them being younger than I am this time, and I am trying not to think to hard about that.

Sorry for your loss.

That does sound unnerving, although that is likely understating it. I hope you can find out the cause at least.

Death always tempts me to replay Persona 3,

Ah, I'm aware the old phrase memento mori is very thematic of the game.

Rather than complete escapism to happier things, you choose to confront the matter that causes sorrow/anxiety? -Although being a video game with a happy ending, it's an optimistic, fantastical confrontation. Neither full escapism, nor fully dealing with the reality?

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice at the moment

I haven't really commented on your playing of this, but I have read what you've written on this game.

While I could get it on Steam, I know Sekiro is on the masochistic side. When it comes to action games, I know I'm firmly located on the opposite (Musou?) end of the difficulty spectrum. The patience and willpower needed to improve just isn't something I have. Hence why I haven't commented on Sekiro.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm fine. Trying to alternate between the serious & dramatic Xenosaga Episode III and the chill & charming Rune Factory 5.

Oh nice. That sounds fun

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...not the best, learned a day or two ago that another of my cousins simply didn't wake up one morning, made a bit scarier by them being younger than I am this time, and I am trying not to think to hard about that. Death always tempts me to replay Persona 3, but I am thinking about going for all achievements on Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice at the moment, I have just complete my first NG+ cycle to get the worst ending for the bosses that you can only face on that route (I already did the best ending on my first run), so its mostly just complete two more runs for the middle endings (which shouldn't take too long, as I was very completionist on my first run, and I learned most of the boss fights rather well already), with a little bit grinding for the last skill points and upgrade materials.

I'm sorry for ur loss. Death is horrible.

I wish I could say something to make you feel better.