• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

One of the more tonally-dissonant collaborations I've seen.

Also I'm at Cold Steel III's final dungeon... except not really, but I might've thought it was the final dungeon if I wasn't using a guide.

Spoiler

Suddenly Trails has become Fire Emblem and we're hunting down a big evil dark dragon. The whole Class VII is working together, so it's pretty climactic.

From what I gather the final chapter seems to be pretty short (mostly just the final dungeon and some side activities before then), so it shouldn't be too long before I finish the game. But I'm sure plenty of big plot events will happen before then.

If Ouroboros is in FEH now, I hope they add Duvalie so I can spend all 2000 of my orbs on her.

On 6/7/2023 at 4:24 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I would argue it does end on a cliffhanger. Like, the last case is resolved, there's no cliffhanger there, but then you get that thing at the very, very end. The game's clearly saying "hey you wanna know what's up with this really ominous thing I just dropped? Play the sequel!"

That's true, but it's not a cliffhanger in the sense that it ends in the middle of a scene. I remember that I was expecting the ending to be less conclusive than it ended up being.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

When Lobster Whistles on Top of Mountain?

It's an actual Russian saying, apparently.

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck, Sholmes was just Holmes in Japanese, they had to change it for copyright... which I found to be a happy accident, because the corrupted name suits him a lot better and allows for that fun joke with his first name that pops up a few times.

I believe the last stories went into public domain earlier this year, so Holmes respecting women is no longer copyright infringement. That said, I still prefer Sholmes as a character inspired by Sherlock Holmes rather than him actually being Sherlock Holmes, and the name fits him being a weirdo bootleg Holmes.

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

That's true, but it's not a cliffhanger in the sense that it ends in the middle of a scene. I remember that I was expecting the ending to be less conclusive than it ended up being.

Yeah. How would we call that? Soft cliffhanger? Cliffhanger lite? Coathanger?

I believe the last stories went into public domain earlier this year, so Holmes respecting women is no longer copyright infringement.

Amazing. Thank you so much, Arthur Conan Doyle's great grandchildren.

That said, I still prefer Sholmes as a character inspired by Sherlock Holmes rather than him actually being Sherlock Holmes, and the name fits him being a weirdo bootleg Holmes.

Yeah, pretty much how I feel about it myself. Sholmes hardly acts like Holmes, so the different name suits him better.

Time for my biannual arrival. Hello people!

Dude what I changed my signature, damn it website.

Edited by Hanes

I'm doing good. Spent half an hour trying to change my profile and apparently I saved NONE of it.

:facepalm:

Also waiting on playing Engage lol

Edited by Hanes

7 minutes ago, Hanes said:

I'm doing good. Spent half an hour trying to change my profile and apparently I saved NONE of it.

:facepalm:

F

Serenes being a bit poopy sometimes will never change.

7 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Also waiting on playing Engage lol

Engage is awesome, when you're actually playing it. If only the loading times weren't so garbo. Still, incredibly good FE for the gameplay enjoyer.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Engage is awesome, when you're actually playing it. If only the loading times weren't so garbo. Still, incredibly good FE for the gameplay enjoyer.

Everyone sounds like a broken record saying it, it's why I can't wait to play it!!!

19 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Time for my biannual arrival. Hello people!

Dude what I changed my signature, damn it website.

Hi there!

6 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Everyone sounds like a broken record saying it, it's why I can't wait to play it!!!

I'd certainly recommend it too, heh.

34 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

One of the more tonally-dissonant collaborations I've seen.

Hm? Ninjala? Sounds familiar...

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When you do, use Lindon and Saphir.

Gaaah no gameplay or story spoilers. I know that's not a spoiler in any sense of the word but god I want to know 0% about the game coming in. Nothing. It'll be the first FE in forever I can fully go in blind in. That's exciting!

However currently I'm having fun playing FE7 ranked.

5 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Gaaah no gameplay or story spoilers. I know that's not a spoiler in any sense of the word but god I want to know 0% about the game coming in. Nothing. It'll be the first FE in forever I can fully go in blind in. That's exciting!

Too true. Forget I said anything. Erase those names from your memory. Or else I'll kill you.

5 minutes ago, Hanes said:

However currently I'm having fun playing FE7 ranked.

I was playing 6, myself, until I randomly dropped it to do a bit of ROMhacking instead.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Too true. Forget I said anything. Erase those names from your memory. Or else I'll kill you.

I already did. Hooray the magic of my brain!

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was playing 6, myself, until I randomly dropped it to do a bit of ROMhacking instead.

Oh I see. I really like FE6 actually. I'd have that in my freaking signature but the stuff in spoiler boxes count for the "15 lines minimum". As such, here's what I would have in there lol: (also notice I finally fixed the colors in my signature! SF was weird despite me clicking on the same color box each time but I'm sure it works now!)

Spoiler

Top 5 Favorite FE Characters
1.- Heath: Flies, has good stats and growths, promotes quickly. Best endgame unit by far.
2.- Sain: Hilarious and obscenely powerful!
3.- Rebecca: Loved her in my first FE7 SF LP. I still find her fun to use.
4.- Canas: Love his character! Then he promotes and kills the midgame.
5.- Lowen: Similar to Rebecca, I grew to love him in my second FE7 SF LP. Cute supports with Rebbeca!

Top 5 FE Games.
1.- Echoes: Shadows of Valentia: First game I played, love the presentation, intricate combat and class system!
2.- Genealogy of the Holy War: Marvelous story, fun to play (controversial!), and I love growing my characters.
3.- Binding Blade: Super challenging! Unlike modern FEs, not a puzzle-challenge but a challenge of grit and on-the-spot decisions.
4.- Gaiden: Echoes Lite. I like lite things. It has some different tools than Gaiden, which makes it unique, class system still good! 
5.- Blazing Sword: Emotional story-telling, interesting map design sometimes, and perhaps the best FE character cast to date!

Oh I see. I really like FE6 actually.

FE6 is great. It's a mess, but a lovable mess.

Currently doing a FE6 but you play as the bad guys hack. Nothing all that ambitious, I'm just swapping characters. I'm mostly having a fun time rewriting the plot to go with it.

I'd have that in my freaking signature but the stuff in spoiler boxes count for the "15 lines minimum". As such, here's what I would have in there lol: (also notice I finally fixed the colors in my signature! SF was weird despite me clicking on the same color box each time but I'm sure it works now!)

Hide contents

Top 5 Favorite FE Characters
1.- Heath: Flies, has good stats and growths, promotes quickly. Best endgame unit by far.
2.- Sain: Hilarious and obscenely powerful!
3.- Rebecca: Loved her in my first FE7 SF LP. I still find her fun to use.
4.- Canas: Love his character! Then he promotes and kills the midgame.
5.- Lowen: Similar to Rebecca, I grew to love him in my second FE7 SF LP. Cute supports with Rebbeca!

Top 5 FE Games.
1.- Echoes: Shadows of Valentia: First game I played, love the presentation, intricate combat and class system!
2.- Genealogy of the Holy War: Marvelous story, fun to play (controversial!), and I love growing my characters.
3.- Binding Blade: Super challenging! Unlike modern FEs, not a puzzle-challenge but a challenge of grit and on-the-spot decisions.
4.- Gaiden: Echoes Lite. I like lite things. It has some different tools than Gaiden, which makes it unique, class system still good! 
5.- Blazing Sword: Emotional story-telling, interesting map design sometimes, and perhaps the best FE character cast to date!

I like how your top 5 characters is filled with FE7 folks.

I'm afraid I'm not quite so crazy about that one. Last time I played it the only thing that kept me from dropping the run out of boredom was Serra popping off like a madwoman and destroying the world.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE6 is great. It's a mess, but a lovable mess.

Currently doing a FE6 but you play as the bad guys hack. Nothing all that ambitious, I'm just swapping characters. I'm mostly having a fun time rewriting the plot to go with it.

It can be a mess, but I like that kind of? I like when the map gets messy and you have to change your plan to adjust for a miss or getting hit. Rather than many modern FEs where you need to come up with a really good plan to beat the map, it's like always fluctuating. My FE6 runs are always the most distinct from each other.

Interesting hack idea you have got there, to say the least. 

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how your top 5 characters is filled with FE7 folks.

I'm afraid I'm not quite so crazy about that one. Last time I played it the only thing that kept me from dropping the run out of boredom was Serra popping off like a madwoman and destroying the world.

I just really like the FE7 cast.

Bah, FE7 went from overrated to overhated in my book, which is funny to think about but now it kinda sucks that just when I get to liking FE7 everyone dislikes it now. It used to be completely different I tell you! I don't know if I remember that run, but Serra is crazy enough to do that. I think her and Erk are super funny together.

Basically I've just spent a lot of time thinking about FE7 and appreciating the very minor details that IntSys sometimes seemed to carefully place. The game is so weirdly balanced but after all that thinking I think I've finally begun to understand what they were thinking. Can't quite put it into words though so I'll just leave you hanging as one day I proceed to make a long-as-deouf, post or something.

4 minutes ago, Hanes said:

It can be a mess, but I like that kind of? I like when the map gets messy and you have to change your plan to adjust for a miss or getting hit. Rather than many modern FEs where you need to come up with a really good plan to beat the map, it's like always fluctuating. My FE6 runs are always the most distinct from each other.

My latest run, I had the idea to use the thieves and all the armors. At once.

Really gotta continue it when I'm done with the hack. It was a hilarious run.

4 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Interesting hack idea you have got there, to say the least. 

Thanks. It's always fun writing moustache-twirling villains. In classic Ruben fashion, I kind of zig-zag between brutally traumatizing Roy and writing shit like this.

Binding_Blade_-_Boss_Recruitment-4.png

2 minutes ago, Hanes said:

Bah, FE7 went from overrated to overhated in my book, which is funny to think about but now it kinda sucks that just when I get to liking FE7 everyone dislikes it now. It used to be completely different I tell you!

It was, and honestly, I may have to agree with you on that one. And I hate FE7 too! But it seems like once the one popular youtuber made a video criticizing the story, it became hip to hate on the game.

See, the difference is that I hated FE7 before it was hip to hate on it.

2 minutes ago, Hanes said:

I don't know if I remember that run, but Serra is crazy enough to do that. I think her and Erk are super funny together.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It was, and honestly, I may have to agree with you on that one. And I hate FE7 too! But it seems like once the one popular youtuber made a video criticizing the story, it became hip to hate on the game.

Ay ay, and I think that video series was actually pretty good but people have no nuance whatsoever and now game bad because (FE7spoilers if anyone cares) in Chapter 29 Valorous Roland, Nergal says "I'm taking Nils" and he doesn't worst game ever????? like c'mon guys. that wasn't the issue with the game.

Also funny video, Serra is one of those units I've never trained because screw that! But, that video is pretty relatable on Erk. He always gets stat-screwed for me, I swear he's just magic Eliwood.

Persona 6 will literally never come out.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And I hate FE7 too! But it seems like once the one popular youtuber made a video criticizing the story, it became hip to hate on the game.

It was like that one guy putting out the video criticizing Majora's Mask 3D. Cause after it came out, it felt like everybody was going "um actually Majora's Mask 3D is inferior to the original". So called free thinkers...

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Persona 6 will literally never come out.

'Tis alright, we can be looking forward for Persona 5 Sigma instead.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

'Tis alright, we can be looking forward for Persona 5 Sigma instead.

S already got taken by Strikers. So we get Persona 5 A: Persona 5 Alpha.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

S already got taken by Strikers. So we get Persona 5 A: Persona 5 Alpha.

No, an actual Sigma.

P5Σ

Edited by Acacia Sgt