• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's literally nobody like him in the series.

Please

we have old man everywhere.

Especially Dragons ew

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You want war, weaboo?

You play Fire Emblem m8y

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hear me out.

They have a support.

Double dragon fun, Sooks.

Double dragon fun.

I double fucking dare you.

you know what

YES

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, I forgot Toña's supposed to be a diminutive too lol. People in rural areas just never call people by their actual names. Heck, sometimes I have trouble remembering my grandmother's name. Everyone calls her Maruja and I don't even know why.

Maruja? That's a nickname for Maria. Used often in Galicia.

Eres Gallego?

Van Zeiks is definitely right, this is the era of blood types, not DNA, our colored blood is merely suggestive, rather than definitive proof.

Edit: I love how Ryunosuke is the only one surprised that Eggert Benedict is clearly a fake name. Then again, in the Ace Attorney universe it doesn't sound that out of place.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…fuuuuuuuuuuuu

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Please

we have old man everywhere.

Especially Dragons ew

Have we played the same videogames? Please, do tell me what games you've played, I'll happily trade them over with mine.

You play Fire Emblem m8y

Why do you always have to come to me with this? Find a new comeback, dammit.

you know what

YES

Unlikely allies!

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maruja? That's a nickname for Maria. Used often in Galicia.

Oh, well. The fact that I had to be told this by a Mexican lol

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eres Gallego?

Not quite actually

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Van Zeiks is definitely right, this is the era of blood types, not DNA, our colored blood is merely suggestive, rather than definitive proof.

There's the interesting thing I brought up before. You go up there with your super anime tech that the genius loli pulled out of her ass, and then Van Zieks just goes "so what? We don't know how precise this toy of yours is, it doesn't work as proof" and he's just right.

I finished Trails of Cold Steel III, it was pretty cool but I'm not sure how much it qualified as an "ending". Together, we shall write the end to my posts about CSIII. In ink, black as despair.

Spoiler

Rufus's backstory turned out to be surprisingly interesting. No wonder Duke Albarea wanted to be in charge so badly, he must be pretty insecure. Also Sharon is a villain now, the universe had to be corrected after you got to use her overpowered crafts. (Though she'll probably be redeemed eventually.)

Back when I played Cold Steel II, I thought it would be cool if Cedric gained control of Testa-Rossa... I just didn't think he would do it as a villain. He is now Sooks's least favorite character. I can’t believe Xenoblade 3 stole the Sword of the End from Trails all along.

As it turns out, Osborne wants the Great One to create more conflict so humanity can evolve. So he was Senator Armstrong all along? Black Alberich may or may not be immortal, given how he claims he helped create the magic knights. Either "Black Alberich" is a title and he's speaking on behalf of the previous Alberichs, or he's a body jumper (i.e. Xehanort) of some kind. I like how the technology used to create the Orions ties back to KeA's creation, since she's also a homunculus.

Georg and Alberich were mad that there weren't enough deaths in the past few games. It was so underhanded, the other villains were upset about it. How will Rubenio ever play the series now? Even the funny comic relief girl sacrificed herself, I need to lie down for a bit. (Though Georg will probably be redeemed eventually.)

Rean achieves Sin Devil Trigger and the Nameless One gets Evangelion Unit-03'd, also Rean accidentally triggers the end of the world. I can't believe CSIII was just Evangelion 2.0 all along.

Duvalie realizes that going along with this doomsday plot probably wasn't a good idea. How the Great Twilight advances Ouroboros's plans is unclear, but they likely want to obtain the Great One somebow.

I should've expected that Osborne would have his own Divine Knight, apparently the strongest of them all. Now there are six of them, though the whereabouts of the Auric Knight are anyone's guess (unless Rufus has it).

It turns out Musse was the mastermind behind everything, at least among the good guys. I should've seen that coming too, teehee.

Lastly, rather than Azure Siegfried being antagonistic and mysterious for no reason, he was actually missing his memories. Crow regaining his memories was hype, even though there were only three minutes left in the game by then.

Since the game told me to rest for now, I will continue tomorrow.

IT'S GONNA BE ALRIGHT

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Edit 4: Wahhh, THAT'S THE RUSSIAN ASSASSIN  VILEIN BOLSHEVEK (sp?) AMONG THE JURORS...

Vilen Borshevik's mere presence is the funniest joke in this game. I definitely didn't see him coming.

Edited by Lightchao42

33 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I finished Trails of Cold Steel III, it was pretty cool but I'm not sure how much it qualified as an "ending".

Trails in a nutshell

Back when I played Cold Steel II, I thought it would be cool if Cedric gained control of Testa-Rossa... I just didn't think he would do it as a villain. He is now Sooks's least favorite character.

I don’t get the joke here.

Uhhh, Shirley bad.

Since the game told me to rest for now, I will continue tomorrow.

You’re playing CS4 tomorrow? At least you’ll get to see why I used spoiler tags from the very start.

Spoiler

Lastly, rather than Azure Siegfried being antagonistic and mysterious for no reason, he was actually missing his memories. Crow regaining his memories was hype, even though there were only three minutes left in the game by then.

I will admit that they way they just casually threw this on to all the other shit happening… was pretty cool.

21 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

The Minish Cap.

Yup that be it 

20 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah it's a good investment but also it depends on the PC/laptop. Average joe who likes to play video games but also needs a PC likely isn't gonna have the latest in gaming PCs but rather one for every day use. And if they have a Mac because "Industry Standard"? Lmaooooooooooo.

As things are right now, if you have the money, the play is have a high-end PC and a Switch. There, you have 99% of the gaming market covered, leaving the 1% for mobile games and actual PS/Xbox exclusives.

I use a Mac for the every day bit, plus OpenEmu works pretty good and PlayonMac works for about half the games I try to put on it

I’ve been pondering gettin another laptop though to with more memory and a faster processor to use just for games and switch over the ones on the Mac, plus have more memory to add more

Lmao “three powerful lords”. Someone needs to break the news about Lyn and Eliwood.

Lmao “unravel the mystery of the black fang” NO DONT PUT THAT IN THE TRAILER, PEOPLE WILL ONLY BE UNDERWHELMED

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Congrats!

I was paranoid the entire time that I somehow made a mistake along the way.😅

While I prefer playing aware of them, SRW secrets usually make me overly concerned about fulfilling them. Despite the fact that meeting the requirements of secrets are usually not difficult, even if they've a lot of steps like the Great Zeo. Like, I know the next fight requires Tekkaman Blade get a boss kill, not a challenge whatsoever, but my mind's emphasis on fulfilling it ends up exaggerating the size of the task.😆

Well, also since this was Zeorymer's debut. MX did tried to do more.

Correction- MX was Zeorymer's debut.

Well, it is kinda what happened in the OVAs. As Masato was the side winning, Kihara tried to take over him permanently, but Masato managed to stop him. Since the actual Kihara was long dead, and the battle was a mental one, then there wasn't gonna be much fanfare to portray in SRW.

SRW does love dialogue though, and dialogue describing events SRW doesn't have the budget to depict.

I think what made it abrupt to me is that it didn't follow the cliched procession of resolution. There wasn't an inner battle where the hero side and the dark side confront each other, argue, and then either the hero accept their flaws and stop being anxious about them, or banish their dark side for eternity. Masato's victory happens without him saying much or directly confronting Kihara. Maybe I'm just too used to the rote-standard approach.

Ironically, this is actually more than what the OVA did. After Yuratei learns the truth, she just lets Masato come in. Who then has the Zeorymer self-destruct, this killing them both and Miku. So... it actually had no battle, more or less. SRW having us fight Yuratei at least makes the thing have an actual climax.

Not a happy ending. Thanks for the fix, SRW.

I think it was K or L that I saw with a secret that saves the entire Fafner In Azure cast whoever they are from being killed off. Like, why did SRW do this? Even it's part of the source material, SRW doesn't mind undoing some tragedies, not infrequently without player input.

-Just asking on this topic, if you had to compile the ultimate hypothetical "Super Robot Wars DE" (DEath, DEcay, DEmise, DEnial, DElirium, DEception, DEsecration, DEpression, DEspair, DEsire, DEstruction, DEmon/DEvil) roster, which licenses -maybe 10- would you include? 

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is good.

Assuming MaRiemake sells well enough, they could recycle the engine/assets for the rest of the Salburg trilogy if the original vibe in those two games was the same, they'd be able to knock those out quickly. Whether or not the stylings of MaRiemake would suit the Gramnad duology as well, that I do not know. And for Iris... shall I prepare for Gust you my list of suggestions?😛

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Have we played the same videogames? Please, do tell me what games you've played, I'll happily trade them over with mine.

You must've missed the FE where the Dragon Knights Hospitaller use spears with bags of IV fluid (thank ancient dragon technology!) attached to them. Keeping alive at 86753 years via elixir taken intravenously, whilst keeping the young generations from getting the opportunity for doing the same.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

so a Latin kid being named Tabitha doesn't sound so out there, but I wonder if it would suit the spirit of the show.

It'd make more sense than someone being named ChaCha. Or Cookita.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nacho isn't just the name for the totopos, by the way. It's also the nickname for Ignacio.

Huh. Interesting. I can sorta see it.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Nacho isn't just the name for the totopos, by the way. It's also the nickname for Ignacio.

Spoiler

Rufus' backstory kinda lost weight when he said "actually i'm not your brother, i'm your cousin" as if that actually changed anything. Just felt like Kondo being like "what if i made something up".

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Assuming MaRiemake sells well enough, they could recycle the engine/assets for the rest of the Salburg trilogy if the original vibe in those two games was the same, they'd be able to knock those out quickly.

I don't think it'd be particularly hard for the games to break even.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was paranoid the entire time that I somehow made a mistake along the way.😅

While I prefer playing aware of them, SRW secrets usually make me overly concerned about fulfilling them. Despite the fact that meeting the requirements of secrets are usually not difficult, even if they've a lot of steps like the Great Zeo. Like, I know the next fight requires Tekkaman Blade get a boss kill, not a challenge whatsoever, but my mind's emphasis on fulfilling it ends up exaggerating the size of the task.😆

It's certainly something common to happen, specially when they're multi-step secrets that span a good chunk of the game. Since there's no way to check if you've done everything right.

Imagine if FE did that. Well, it has, but not to the extent SRW does.

Correction- MX was Zeorymer's debut.

Ah, right.

SRW does love dialogue though, and dialogue describing events SRW doesn't have the budget to depict.

I think what made it abrupt to me is that it didn't follow the cliched procession of resolution. There wasn't an inner battle where the hero side and the dark side confront each other, argue, and then either the hero accept their flaws and stop being anxious about them, or banish their dark side for eternity. Masato's victory happens without him saying much or directly confronting Kihara. Maybe I'm just too used to the rote-standard approach.

Hmm, I see. If I recall, he wins by kinda absorbing the Kihara personality, becoming a blend of the two, but with the Masato persona in control. So yeah, not quite the standard way to end things usually.

Not a happy ending. Thanks for the fix, SRW.

I think it was K or L that I saw with a secret that saves the entire Fafner In Azure cast whoever they are from being killed off. Like, why did SRW do this? Even it's part of the source material, SRW doesn't mind undoing some tragedies, not infrequently without player input.

On that topic, there's actually not a whole lot of fighting in general. Like, the trio of Giso, Rockfell, and Saiga only get a verbal beatdown from Kihara, related to the flaws he imparted on the clones, and then just one-shots them with Meiou.

And yeah, the story certainly had a downer ending.

Haha, well, it's what SRW does. It is on the idealistic side of things. Still, it does let some tragedies to still unfold, depending on things. MX is actually notorious for not only letting a bad event to still happen, but to make it playable to boot. And this right after doing the usual "prevent bad thing" with a different thing right before it, so it hits even harder. But as it is, it's on the minority side of thing for the most part.

-Just asking on this topic, if you had to compile the ultimate hypothetical "Super Robot Wars DE" (DEath, DEcay, DEmise, DEnial, DElirium, DEception, DEsecration, DEpression, DEspair, DEsire, DEstruction, DEmon/DEvil) roster, which licenses -maybe 10- would you include? 

Uh, that's a hard one.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have a feeling these "names" are more like nicknames and the like, that are used more than their actual names.

Like, Cookita sounds like someone spelling in English the word Cuquita, which is the diminutive of Cuca. Which is both an actual name and a nickname/shortening for Carmen or Concepción.

ChaCha... now that one could really be a nickname, but of what I can't really tell. Maybe the sort of thing that would be revealed in the show proper I'd guess. What I can guess now is that the fact the second C is capital means it could be a two-name nickname.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Uh, that's a hard one.

Oh. Sorry!😅

Meant that mostly as a casual "darkest/bleakest/most suffering/most murderous mecha animanga" ask. But then I suppose there isn't exactly a shortage of options to consider. Blame the ask on a passing, unserious thought of "would Zeorymer and Ideon go well together in an SRW?".

Imagine if FE did that. Well, it has, but not to the extent SRW does.

Well, FE gave us Xavier that one time. I'd take ten Great Zeo-tier sets of requirements over that old challenge.

On that topic, there's actually not a whole lot of fighting in general. Like, the trio of Giso, Rockfell, and Saiga only get a verbal beatdown from Kihara, related to the flaws he imparted on the clones, and then just one-shots them with Meiou.

MAP Hades Attack deserves all the brokenness it is then!

The attack isn't even all that complicated, just DCS to the max = giant explosion. Simple, quiet, purest annihilation. 🤜☢️🤛

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh. Sorry!😅

Meant that mostly as a casual "darkest/bleakest/most murderous mecha animanga" ask. But then I suppose there isn't exactly a shortage of options. Blame the ask on a passing, unserious thought of "would Zeorymer and Ideon go well together in an SRW?".

Even Meiou pales against the will of the Id!

Well, FE gave us Xavier that one time. I'd take ten Great Zeo-tier sets of requirements over that old challenge.

That was certainly a multi-process in a single chapter alright! But it's not spread out, as it were.

MAP Hades Attack deserves all the brokenness it is then!

The attack isn't even all that complicated, just DCS to the max = giant explosion. Simple, quiet, purest annihilation. 🤜☢️🤛

Yep. Sometimes it doesn't need to be flashy, just effective.

I'm thankful the workweek is almost over.

September can't come any sooner. They should've put the time to make those votes for the labor reforms before going on recess...

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Lmao “three powerful lords”. Someone needs to break the news about Lyn and Eliwood.

And Hector in his own mode lol. Promoting four chapters from the end and not even gaining move from it.

Anyway, I wish this made me feel anything, but aside from the fact that I don't care for this game or Nintendo Online, at this point I just don't see how this is special. We got 7 and 8 on the 3DS, on the Wii U, and now the Switch is just following the trend. These are really easy games to re-release, they just have to slap really lightweight ROMs in there and watch the money roll in.

So yeah, wake me up if they re-release an untranslated game. Preferably without dirty FOMO-exploiting tactics.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, serving as a reminder, Japan is getting Binding Blade as well.

I guess one day...

lol more like never. Who needs Ninty anyway, Gringe's translation is excellent.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You must've missed the FE where the Dragon Knights Hospitaller use spears with bags of IV fluid (thank ancient dragon technology!) attached to them. Keeping alive at 86753 years via elixir taken intravenously, whilst keeping the young generations from getting the opportunity for doing the same.

I definitely must've, please point me to it.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

The one that gets me is Lotlot. Where did that come from? I can't even think of anything that could originate from.

...Oh wait, I just googled it and there's literally an actress from the Philippines that calls herself Lotlot De Leon. So I guess there's precedent... But her name's Charlotte. I guess this one's called Carlota, then? Still doesn't feel like something a Spanish speaker would adopt, but it's less outlandish than I initially thought.

ChaCha... now that one could really be a nickname, but of what I can't really tell. Maybe the sort of thing that would be revealed in the show proper I'd guess. What I can guess now is that the fact the second C is capital means it could be a two-name nickname.

Maybe she's called Charlotte too

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

lol more like never. Who needs Ninty anyway, Gringe's translation is excellent.

I mean, they still bothered to translate the first game. Even if it was in a lip service matter, due to anniversary and still being a temporary thing... but they did.

So I guess we'll see in 2032 if we get Binding Blade in English...