Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Well I know how this feels, as im sure many of us here do.

Boys will be boys, am I right? It's never taken nearly seriously enough, until a child commits suicide or murder. Then everyone's wondering how it could possibly have gotten to that point.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My mother told me that the day they took me to my psychologist and I was diagnosed with Asperger's and depression, she told her and my dad one thing that stuck with her: "Suicide is not just a grown-up thing."

Child suicide really shouldn't be considered an alien concept. It's very real and more common than one might think, sadly. I was never so far gone to actually try, but I would've if my parents hadn't taken all the measures they could muster to help me. There are many who aren't so fortunate.

Well, I’m glad you were fortunate.

Ahh, the chapter 19 experience. Now imagine on Lunatic where they one-round everything.

How? Does Lunatic raise enemy stat caps? Cause 23 speed isn’t one rounding anything unless you’re using a unit from the last 5 or so chapters

No but seriously 10 guys is just an insta lose moment.. Not a single unit can survive that, even if you moved in your whole aemu someone (probably multiple) would just die, and you can’t position yourself to cover the forts without getting murdered by the ballistas. And generals.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Boys will be boys, am I right? It's never taken nearly seriously enough, until a child commits suicide or murder. Then everyone's wondering how it could possibly have gotten to that point.

Bullying should always be taken seriously. Sadly thats usually not how it works until its too late, but we can hope, right?

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How? Does Lunatic raise enemy stat caps? Cause 23 speed isn’t one rounding anything unless you’re using a unit from the last 5 or so chapters

I should rephrase. One-rounding may be difficult, but when there's like, six of 'em...

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No but seriously 10 guys is just an insta lose moment.. Not a single unit can survive that, even if you moved in your whole aemu someone (probably multiple) would just die, and you can’t position yourself to cover the forts without getting murdered by the ballistas. And generals.

Yep. I believe Nosferayumina and Warriorbello was how I handled it in my lunatic run. Those two were insanely powerful lol

8 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Bullying should always be taken seriously. Sadly thats usually not how it works until its too late, but we can hope, right?

Indeed.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

The FE8 sword ranger animation doesn't look as bad if you just speed up a few frames. The real problem is how the rider just sort of slows down mid-swing because they botched the frame duration values. If made to flow better, it's a bit plain, but it looks a lot less horrid.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The FE8 sword ranger animation doesn't look as bad if you just speed up a few frames. The real problem is how the rider just sort of slows down mid-swing because they botched the frame duration values. If made to flow better, it's a bit plain, but it looks a lot less horrid.

I don't think it's THAT bad!

If anything, the monster animations generally aren't great. They look very stiff, i mean, they are probably intended to, but it just doesn't fit in GBA anim era i think.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Direct tomorrow!

Woo!

Same as usual. I have absolutely nothing I'm waiting for, but if they can do another Live a Live moment, I'll welcome it.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Consider leaving Burgerland as well

Unironically, after that talk we had a few days ago, I have considered the possibility of moving to Spain, since I already have a cousin there who's been living there since....2015 I think? Moving to any country is easier if you already have family there. Unless that country is authoritarian.

But again, this hasn't happened yet and wouldn't happen for years. Nobody knows what the future holds and the grass isn't always greener on the other side. 

Like I said, first step is leaving Florida.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

School succcccccccccccked

Yeah

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

studying math

This was the worst part.

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Direct tomorrow!

They need to stop scheduling these for when I clock in at work.

Edited by Armagon

Trimier can one-round Melady with Mulagir. Which she can use at base, unlike Dayan.

...Yeaaah maybe I overtuned her just a wee bit lol

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Berwick Saga 3D incoming

I don't know if the Switch could handle HD Endgame Ready Beard, man...

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Unironically, after that talk we had a few days ago, I have considered the possibility of moving to Spain, since I already have a cousin there who's been living there since....2015 I think? Moving to any country is easier if you already have family there. Unless that country is authoritarian.

But again, this hasn't happened yet and wouldn't happen for years. Nobody knows what the future holds and the grass isn't always greener on the other side. 

Like I said, first step is leaving Florida.

Gotta take it one step at a time, I agree.

How is the Titanic claiming lives in 2023?

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Already that time, huh?

It's gonna be interesting because now there's no obvious closer to a Direct. Smash is out of the way, Zelda is out of the way. Will we finally see Metroid Prime 4?

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They need to stop scheduling these for when I clock in at work.

Yh make it 2 hours later when i leave work!

Or midnight. I am fine with midnight ones

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

there's no obvious closer to a Direct.

Zelda dlc

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

don't know if the Switch could handle HD Endgame Ready Beard, man

Shave it!

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's gonna be interesting because now there's no obvious closer to a Direct. Smash is out of the way, Zelda is out of the way. Will we finally see Metroid Prime 4?

Engage is completely out of the way by now, as is Ninty's heaviest hitter for the season. There's actually a decent chance we'll get confirmation on that Genealogy remake that will excite many that are not me.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Shave it!

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Zelda dlc

Part of me thinks there won't be because they would've announced it pre-release. That's what they did for BotW.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's actually a decent chance we'll get confirmation on that Genealogy remake that will excite many that are not me.

Me seeing FE4 remake pop up on screen

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Too close, i think

That's why I said "decent", but the speed at which they brushed Engage away and the fact that TotK is out of the question as well by now... I think there's a chance. I don't know how high, I wouldn't be shocked if nothing was heard either, but I think there's a possibility.

14 hours ago, Sooks said:

Jesus Christ. So the boss and company are surrounded by forts, and when you step into a zone that surrounds boss and company, they all pop enemies who immediately move. The boss is surrounded by not one, not two, but four ballista! And 2 spaces away from them is where the zone begins! So your only way of approaching the boss without immediately dying is to just… take four ballista hits. Except you can’t because you need to drag Sedgar’s pathetic ass in range of them to recruit Wolf, oor lure him out with a high move unit who will almost certainly die, if you want all the characters. Ballistas have shit accuracy in this game, so my solution was to plop Sedgar down and just shamelessly reset the RNs until he didn’t die, since the game wants to shamelessly ambush spawn me. MEANWHILE, the boss is surrounded by three generals, so I had some units who could take care of them very slowly bait them from outside of the zone for the 10 unit ambush spawn. Lastly, I positioned Marth so he’d just barely be able to reach the throne, Barst so that he could reach the boss, and kept Caeda hanging around so she could do the same. Now if the game was smart, they would’ve just had the general attack Marth and then three ballista go for him and I simply wouldn’t have won, but the AI is stupid and decided to focus on Sedgar instead. So next turn I rushed in the zone and killed the boss that player phase. I had everyone sitting around taking out as many ballistas and such as they could, just for exp, and got ready to have Marth seize.

Honestly, this little trap is probably one of the hardest things in this game. Although finding a way to kill Medeus on the higher difficulties is tricky too.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My mother told me that the day they took me to my psychologist and I was diagnosed with Asperger's and depression, she told her and my dad one thing that stuck with her: "Suicide is not just a grown-up thing."

Child suicide really shouldn't be considered an alien concept. It's very real and more common than one might think, sadly. I was never so far gone to actually try, but I would've if my parents hadn't taken all the measures they could muster to help me. There are many who aren't so fortunate.

Case in point, you aren't alone in this thread. Child me may have tried something that would have never really worked back when...I forget if I was 8 or 9 at the time, but it was sometime around then.