Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Did the Tekkaman Blade finale battle. As I went through it, it felt like there was one big missed opportunity. Four words:

Spoiler

Devil Tekkaman Gundam Omega

...Well, that couldn't have possibly happened.😆 This was Tekkaman Blade's debut game, a highly unusual inclusion to SRW (for the time at least) since was power suits, Pegas is paltry as an actual robot. Tekkaman Blade's storyline understandably would be kept "pure", and it receives plentiful time and attention in J's plot as well. A cross-license fusion of the Devil Gundam and Tekkaman Omega could not have happened. 

However! I am convinced that they could've tied G Gundam with Tekkaman Blade at this last minute. I wouldn't have bound them narratively together any sooner than this. The idea?

• After Lantau Island, the heroes head into space, this is already the case, they can't exactly linger on Earth b/c the UEFA has turned against them, and they can't leave Tsukumo hanging on the peace negotiations.
  • This being so, they wouldn't have time to investigate the Devil Gundam's remains, Earth is not safe for them. Mithril might be able to, but that'd be it.
  • The Radam, on the verge of blooming already, head over to Lantau, crush any UEFA grunts sent to the island, see the DG still has a glimmer of life left in it, and take it back to their mothership.
  • The Radam would integrate the Devil Gundam into their mothership. The Radam wouldn't be committing suicide by letting themselves be overtaken by DG Cells, rather, the (third-form) DG would be what's assimilated, its power and its assimilatory and evolutionary functions would be used to produce Radam cells.
    • Would Tek Sword, Evil, and O' suddenly become too much gameplay boss overload if we tossed in another big sack of regenerating HP?
  • As for the Core Life Unit, I wouldn't personally care to have Rain damsel'ed as the G Gundam canon goes, the Love Love Tenyouken needn't to be plot-unlocked this time. My answer would be to have Schwarz clinging to a single thread of life, Domon failed to finish the job properly.
    • Furthermore, Schwarz is Domon's brother, just as Omega and Evil are Blade's. Leaving Kyouji as the core would make the Blade finale even more of a tragic brotherfest.
    • Domon already has a line in this battle where he indicates he understands what Blade is going through.
      • There is another line after the battle as the Radam mothership blows up where Chibodee mentions something that happened to Neo Japan, I'm guessing a fourth-wall break reference to what canonically happened in G Gundam after the final DG battle?
  • This wouldn't be a continuation of the G Gundam plot to its canon end for SRWJ, more of a post-plot continuation ...of the plot. Well, a post-climax scene event let's call it, the J climax being defeating Master Asia.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let me tell you, it's not a fun time. But those thoughts have long passed and I haven't, so it's all fine now, at least.

I don't mean this all-too-looking-into-your-psyche, but your distaste for the anime overemphasis on youth and liking for older characters... perhaps slightly influenced by your childhood experiences?

Again, a casual -and I mean it politely- observation. Because from your perspective, it's certainly not all downhill after 20 and all rainbows and sunshine before.

-And if you haven't realized this before and are only recognizing it might be the case right now, I'm sorry if I've tainted your silly likings in entertainment then.😅

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Brunnya's problems are that she has like, three scenes in the entire game - one of which is just trashtalking Very Memorable Villain Roartz

First, that was an unexpectedly good scene.

Second, how dare you express sarcasm towards Fire Emblem's Best Written Villains- The Corrupt Etrurian Nobles Who Totally Don't Way More Plot Attention Than They Actually Deserve.😛

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Direct tomorrow!

Odd, the idle Internet chatter seemed pretty insistent Nintendo wouldn't do one this summer and that they'd hold off until autumn. What do they have to show that hasn't already been announced/said? -Although, the second half of this year seems extremely empty for new releases, perhaps they're trying to fill that in?

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm always on the lookout for a surprise SRW announcement.

Must be why there hasn't been a new one announced yet, Ninty demanded exclusivity rights in exchange for allowing Mythra in the Siren to show up.😛 Ehhh, I'd be more gleeful to see the E.S. Dinah, well actually E.S. Reuben, instead.

You know I'm up for it. Don't matter who gets in, I'll come to love ya if ya in da game!

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did the Tekkaman Blade finale battle. As I went through it, it felt like there was one big missed opportunity. Four words:

Hide contents

Devil Tekkaman Gundam Omega

...Well, that couldn't have possibly happened.😆 This was Tekkaman Blade's debut game, a highly unusual inclusion to SRW (for the time at least) since was power suits, Pegas is paltry as an actual robot. Tekkaman Blade's storyline understandably would be kept "pure", and it receives plentiful time and attention in J's plot as well. A cross-license fusion of the Devil Gundam and Tekkaman Omega could not have happened. 

However! I am convinced that they could've tied G Gundam with Tekkaman Blade at this last minute. I wouldn't have bound them narratively together any sooner than this. The idea?

• After Lantau Island, the heroes head into space, this is already the case, they can't exactly linger on Earth b/c the UEFA has turned against them, and they can't leave Tsukumo hanging on the peace negotiations.
  • This being so, they wouldn't have time to investigate the Devil Gundam's remains, Earth is not safe for them. Mithril might be able to, but that'd be it.
  • The Radam, on the verge of blooming already, head over to Lantau, crush any UEFA grunts sent to the island, see the DG still has a glimmer of life left in it, and take it back to their mothership.
  • The Radam would integrate the Devil Gundam into their mothership. The Radam wouldn't be committing suicide by letting themselves be overtaken by DG Cells, rather, the (third-form) DG would be what's assimilated, its power and its assimilatory and evolutionary functions would be used to produce Radam cells.
    • Would Tek Sword, Evil, and O' suddenly become too much gameplay boss overload if we tossed in another big sack of regenerating HP?
  • As for the Core Life Unit, I wouldn't personally care to have Rain damsel'ed as the G Gundam canon goes, the Love Love Tenyouken needn't to be plot-unlocked this time. My answer would be to have Schwarz clinging to a single thread of life, Domon failed to finish the job properly.
    • Furthermore, Schwarz is Domon's brother, just as Omega and Evil are Blade's. Leaving Kyouji as the core would make the Blade finale even more of a tragic brotherfest.
    • Domon already has a line in this battle where he indicates he understands what Blade is going through.
      • There is another line after the battle as the Radam mothership blows up where Chibodee mentions something that happened to Neo Japan, I'm guessing a fourth-wall break reference to what canonically happened in G Gundam after the final DG battle?
  • This wouldn't be a continuation of the G Gundam plot to its canon end for SRWJ, more of a post-plot continuation ...of the plot. Well, a post-climax scene event let's call it, the J climax being defeating Master Asia.

That would've certainly been interesting, heh, if a bit too similar to what A did, with Giganos instead. And one more other thing than Neo-Japan for the Devil Gundam to take over. It's still a bit curious they stopped the plot at Lantau, either way.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Must be why there hasn't been a new one announced yet, Ninty demanded exclusivity rights in exchange for allowing Mythra in the Siren to show up.😛 Ehhh, I'd be more gleeful to see the E.S. Dinah, well actually E.S. Reuben, instead.

You know I'm up for it. Don't matter who gets in, I'll come to love ya if ya in da game!

If I recall, 30 was revealed in July, for release in October. Forgot who revealed it absolutely first, though. That said, I think that was technically... Crunchyroll? A streaming site had suddenly added a SRW banner to a lot of their mecha-and-similar content. Not everything labeled ended up in SRW 30, but it was still a hint that something was soon to come.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't mean this all-too-looking-into-your-psyche, but your distaste for the anime overemphasis on youth and liking for older characters... perhaps slightly influenced by your childhood experiences?

Again, a casual -and I mean it politely- observation. Because from your perspective, it's certainly not all downhill after 20 and all rainbows and sunshine before.

-And if you haven't realized this before and are only recognizing it might be the case right now, I'm sorry if I've tainted your silly likings in entertainment then.😅

Hah! That's an interesting idea. I mean, I don't hate children, and when I see a fictional child I don't outwardly go "my childhood was not ideal, give me beardmen instead", but there's certainly a possibility I subconciously scoff at Japan's beloved common romantization of childhood and look to older age with kinder eyes than most due to how much better my life's gotten with time. The human brain likes to do stuff like that.

First, that was an unexpectedly good scene.

I actually love the Roartz Trashtalking scene... in the Ilia route, where Murdock does it. Brunnya's polite to them, and then says a couple mean lines about them behind their backs to a generic soldier. Murdock tells them they're terrible to their faces, then leaves and tells Galle that they should git gud if they want to live, and that Narcian should've done the same.

It's a great scene, for Murdock. Brunnya just does it worse lol

Second, how dare you express sarcasm towards Fire Emblem's Best Written Villains- The Corrupt Etrurian Nobles Who Totally Don't Way More Plot Attention Than They Actually Deserve.😛

There are throwaways with more personality than them. See Orlo, Sigune, Kel... I have a tier list, I'll have you know. Made it all the way back during my old LP.

a3tLsWww_o.png

I... actually placed Arcardo really high, for some reason. I do like him better than Roartz, but I don't know. As I recall, I was only really sure about the top five and the bottom one, anyway.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What do they have to show that hasn't already been announced/said? -Although, the second half of this year seems extremely empty for new releases, perhaps they're trying to fill that in?

Yeah after Pikmin 4, there's basically nothing. Latest on the rumor mill is a new 2D Mario. And like actually new, not "New".

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

subconciously scoff at Japan's beloved common romantization of childhood and look to older age with kinder eyes than most due to how much better my life's gotten with time. The human brain likes to do stuff like that.

Two different perspectives. You had a terrible childhood while your adult life is vastly improved. Japan romantizes the young because for them, adult life is nothing but a workload of misery.

Childhood influences everything.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say it's a thing with humanity in general, not just Japan.

Obviously yeah, and we're about to start seeing it soon again with all the kids who grew up during the lockdowns.

So like, Midia is just fucked orrr? I’m not sure what triggered them to suddenly attack her.

Edited by Sooks

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

So like, Midia is just fucked orrr? I’m not sure what triggered them to suddenly attack her.

I think you're meant to use Rescue.

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Two different perspectives. You had a terrible childhood while your adult life is vastly improved. Japan romantizes the young because for them, adult life is nothing but a workload of misery.

Childhood influences everything.

I know I'm in the minority here. I don't know if it's better or worse.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You rescue Midia to save her. That's about it, I honestly have no idea how you save her otherwise. Or, well, warpskipping the map lol

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

know I'm in the minority here. I don't know if it's better or worse.

There's a lot of people who have had shitty childhoods. Whether things got better for them or not is too much of a case-by-case basis. 

It might actually be impossible to statistically determine if childhoods on average are good or not. Way, way, way too many factors.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You have to get fairly close to Hardin to trigger him attacking Midia, so you do have the opportunity to just rush the last part of the map (from the chest room entrance for instance) to save her without Rescue.

The reinforcements aren’t infinite, right?

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think you're meant to use Rescue.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You rescue Midia to save her

Yep, did that, thank you.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's about it, I honestly have no idea how you save her otherwise. Or, well, warpskipping the map lol

What the hell kind of training are your combat units on to have someone capable of one rounding Hardin?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There's a lot of people who have had shitty childhoods. Whether things got better for them or not is too much of a case-by-case basis.

Yeah, that's true. Still, it just feels like there's more people that would like to go back than not. But I'm talking out of my ass there.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You have to get fairly close to Hardin to trigger him attacking Midia, so you do have the opportunity to just rush the last part of the map (from the chest room entrance for instance) to save her without Rescue.

I've never really understood how that works. In the higher difficulties it remember her dying immediately. Either way, I always just save myself the trouble and rescue her. Helps that she's like, the one post-Katarina prepromote that's half-decent at base, so you can chuck a couple free silvers at her and she can help out a bit.

The reinforcements aren’t infinite, right?

It's time.

HqLaaC9V_o.png

What the hell kind of training are your combat units on to have someone capable of one rounding Hardin?

You could probably rig a crit on a big strength unit.

lolololol the one response saying they hope IntSys doesn't "butcher" Genealogy's "awesome designs" when Genealogy has the like, second ugliest portraits in the entire series and everyone is the same face with a differently colored palmtree of hair at the top

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, it just feels like there's more people that would like to go back than not.

When you keep getting curshed under work and responsibilities....

For me honestly i don't wanna return to childhood - it sucked. I wanna go back to university however.

Not to mention many, even with shit childhood, have some kinda fond memories they can't replicate with work bullshit

Also don't forget not every country has strong worker rights like we in europe do

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I've never really understood how that works. In the higher difficulties it remember her dying immediately. Either way, I always just save myself the trouble and rescue her. Helps that she's like, the one post-Katarina prepromote that's half-decent at base, so you can chuck a couple free silvers at her and she can help out a bit.

Fair enough, I think the line you have to cross to trigger those events gets closer on each difficulty, and I think I am remembering a Hard 1 play-through for that suggestion.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

When you keep getting curshed under work and responsibilities....

For me honestly i don't wanna return to childhood - it sucked. I wanna go back to university however.

Not to mention many, even with shit childhood, have some kinda fond memories they can't replicate with work bullshit

Also don't forget not every country has strong worker rights like we in europe do

All very true. Ultimately, like Armagon said, different perspectives. Can't really compare my experience to the average Japanese person, for instance. If I'd been born in Japan, the way things are overthere I would have actually stabbed myself in the neck over ten years ago

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Fair enough, I think the line you have to cross to trigger those events gets closer on each difficulty, and I think I am remembering a Hard 1 play-through for that suggestion.

Yeah on the higher difficulties Hardin gets angry way too early, and since the generals destroy Midia like everything destroys everything in that difficulty, there's no feasible way to seize before she goes down.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

lolololol the one response saying they hope IntSys doesn't "butcher" Genealogy's "awesome designs" when Genealogy has the like, second ugliest portraits in the entire series and everyone is the same face with a differently colored palmtree of hair at the top

> They keep Zane and company's with the same portrait.

> They reveal it's been the same guy all this time.

I see this as an absolute win! | Winning meme, Funny friday memes, Memes

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

> They keep Zane and company's with the same portrait.

> They reveal it's been the same guy all this time.

I see this as an absolute win! | Winning meme, Funny friday memes, Memes

With other recolors at least they changed the hair, so you have to stop at the "they're all twins" explanation. But for Zane? It actually works. Literally all that changes across the Zanes is his cape lol

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

With other recolors at least they changed the hair, so you have to stop at the "they're all twins" explanation. But for Zane? It actually works. Literally all that changes across the Zanes is his cape lol

I'm pretty sure the Chagall lookalike just reuses the sprite. No recolor of anything.

Also, Eldigan and Ares also had the same sprite. Just different color clothes and face orientation.

Two chapters left! Woo!

...And the ending, of course. I've a few character endings written already. I don't think I can edit the ending scroll, so Roy's going to be A-Okay and saving the world all of a sudden.