• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Direct verdict for me

Sold: - New Mario

This just seems way too zany and crazy and fun. Most likely day 1 to play with brother. Never thought i'd be excited again for a 2D Mario in my life

Kinda interested? Like, 10% interested:

- Mario RPG

Well. Here's the thing. I never played it...but i played many of the fangames it spawned back in the day. And so i am a little interested...however...

Squeenix. And dunno if i will vibe with the battle system.

- Star Ocean 2 remake

Well, Star Ocean is a series i rarely hear a good thing about, but this one lotsa people seem to love. And kinda intersted in the setting. Will see how the gameplay vibes with me and the music.

Especially the music XD

And oh, squeenix lol

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

They made a visually incredible 2D Mario game with Galaxy-tier power ups. I'm in.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

With deep ocean tourism presumably being a very small, rich peoples' recreation, this little industry would hopefully be forced to improve after this. How could it possibly survive otherwise?

I think Ocean Gate is just gonna cease to exist after this.

12 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

And a few minutes later Armagon clicked the link, downloaded the game and started playing it to his heart’s content.

I have standards.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ikr?

My first reaction was like: 2D Mario in 2023 after Mario Maker, really?

Then they showed all this cool shit

This does mean that Odyssey 2 is dead.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but 2D has been unimaginative crap since like, 2009 with New SMB Wii? And that's being generous. You could go all the way back to the original New SMB and cut another 3 years.

NSMB Wii felt like a good expansion of the NSMB ideas and it is my personal favorite 2D Mario. But after that it really overstayed it's welcome.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

also looks like it's just a graphical modernization, nothing new. I played this easy, weird, first attempt at a Mario RPG back a kid, so without anything new about it... debatable as an acquisition.

The box art is also just the pngs in front of a white background.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait... they're skipping the first game?

First game already got one.

Ah, right. Too bad that one wasn't put on more platforms. They should, since the second one will be more multi-plat than it. SO is only like half-way in on Steam. Needs the rest of it in there too.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Its official, the judge has thrown out the blood type analysis for being too fictional.

Edit: Seem the Eggs Benedict has burned downed to Gray Ash with the reveal of Ashley Graydon

Edit 2: What a fool for antagonizing the Jury immediately

Edit 3: No Gregson, the other other Mr Skulkins

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They made a visually incredible 2D Mario game with Galaxy-tier power ups. I'm in.

Is it a hot take to say the power ups in Galaxy are kinda bleh? I kinda feel what you said might actually be the hot take. I'm not entirely sure what the consensus is.

Mario Galaxy are good games, but not really for the power ups. They all feel like they last two seconds, are super situational and a few of them don't even feel good to control. There's like, the cloud suit, the awesome flying power that was woefully underused, and that's about it. Even the fire flower feels bad in those games. They're not horrible, but they certainly don't feel better than other games in the series - at least in my opinion.

Anyway, yeah. Wonder looks wonderful. DeviantArt's gonna have a field day with Elephant Princesses.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

think Ocean Gate is just gonna cease to exist after this.

I mean, the CEO himself went down with the ship, quite literally. Where could they go after that?

17 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Edit: Seem the Eggs Benedict has burned downed to Gray Ash with the reveal of Ashley Graydon

Oh so that's the pun? I hadn't quite gotten it.

17 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Edit 2: What a fool for antagonizing the Jury immediately

Yeah, Magnus McGilded this guy ain't.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Oh I'm seeing people saying Mario and Wario didn't sound like Charles Martinet in the direct now?

...Actually, that "excellent" in the Wario Ware trailer was pretty damn off. I mean, he didn't even say it in Spanish. Mario and Loogi sound okay to me, though. Still, if they really are replacing Charles, by now it's getting to the point where it had to happen at some point. Just... don't give it to Chris Pratt lol, let Mario sound like Mario in his own games.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They should also put the VP games on Steam as well. Elysium shouldn't be the only one in there.

Shame Covenant would be difficult to port due to the DS shenanigans.

I need Hi-res Fauxnel.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just... don't give it to Chris Pratt lol, let Mario sound like Mario in his own games.

They will capitalize on the movie's success. It's inevitable.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shame Covenant would be difficult to port due to the DS shenanigans.

I need Hi-res Fauxnel.

Did it had to be played with the stylus and touch controls?

Here's a Hot Take:

HD-2D is overrated.

Idk i just don't think pixel sprites HDfied makes them good. Pixel sprites are still pixel sprites and were like that because of the tech 30 years ago. Dunno why everyone except me seems to have a hardon for them.

And i grew up with pixel sprites, so it's not a newbie thing or whatever. I just don't think sprites are as cool as everyone makes em out to be

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They will capitalize on the movie's success. It's inevitable.

But like, not in that way. Capitalize on the good stuff, not the blatant celeb milking.

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Did it had to be played with the stylus and touch controls?

Nah, it's actually a fairly regular DS game. They'd just have to adapt the second screen stuff into menus or a corner of the screen somehow and they'd be good.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Here's a Hot Take:

HD-2D is overrated.

Idk i just don't think pixel sprites HDfied makes them good. Pixel sprites are still pixel sprites and were like that because of the tech 30 years ago. Dunno why everyone except me seems to have a hardon for them.

Eh, I think it's all right. Not terrible, not superior, just another artstyle.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Here's a Hot Take:

HD-2D is overrated.

And i grew up with pixel sprites, so it's not a newbie thing or whatever. I just don't think sprites are as cool as everyone makes em out to be

Its just an artistic style that people like. Sure part of that style were born from technical constraints, but that is often the case with art, and I don't think that necessarily undermines the style at all.

3 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Imo... Mario RPG is way overhyped. Xd

People are happy to see their childhood game revived. That's nice, but the nostalgia high and the lack of big titles, Wonder aside, are making it seem bigger than it really is. At the end of the day, it's just a remaster. Doesn't seem to include an extra thing like the M&L remakes or the 3D World port.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

THE MUSIC IS MORSE CODE!

I was going to say "what? What music? The music in what? Did they secretly announce Berwick Saga 2 in the direct with morse code or something?"

Then I remembered.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Does he look like a traitor to you?

Lol, no way a revolutionary assassin would ever be a traitor to the government he revolted against 😛

...Wait are the Skulkins actually spies? Is that what they meant by professional baddies?

Edit: The threat of treason seems to have loosened the Skulkins's lips at least

Edited by Eltosian Kadath