Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Lmao Ymir, god he’s atrocious.

The name wyvern valley made me panic, but chapter 21 is pretty cool. The time limit on the village heavily incentivizes you to rush and the bullshit is minimal, you really just need to block the one fort. Nice.

So after the map was done, Marth and Navarre decimated the arena and used the profits to buy all of Anna’s stat boosters, among other things. Soon I will use them all and the stat boosters I’ve been hoarding all game.

And damn, is Michalis actually decent?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Sooks said:

Lmao Ymir, god he’s atrocious.

He arrives super late in the previous game, and even more late here. Poor guy never had a chance.

Just now, Sooks said:

And damn, is Michalis actually decent?

He's... okay, but the tiny luck is super unpleasant.

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It is overall odd, however. Feint or not, Prigozhin basically showed Putin was weak, as he could march too close to Moscow, downed a few helicopters, and apparently it was Lukashenko who negotiated with him, not Putin, who may or may have not fled to St. Petersburg. Even if he can still oust Shoigu from head of MoD, he may have to start to watch his back...

Yeah

If Prigozhin becomes MoD, doesn't that basically make Putin his puppet/plaything?

Or is Putin planning to commit windowthrow on him?

Or did they cook this together to kick Shoigu out????

wth is going on

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He arrives super late in the previous game, and even more late here. Poor guy never had a chance.

gonna be honest, I don’t remember him joining in the previous game. Like he looks vaguely familiar, but…

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I only look at strength and speed

But one point away from speed cap is surprisingly good considering every other late joiner gets doubled by everything in existence. He’s also cool, I’ll have to look at his supports.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

wth is going on

A 1939 quote by Winston Churchill- "It (Russia/the Soviet Union) is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma...".

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm inclined to think he had a higher Luck stat long ago, but his two miraculous survivals shrank the stat so much, it almost hit underflow and skyrocketed to the max.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

gonna be honest, I don’t remember him joining in the previous game. Like he looks vaguely familiar, but…

He's not that memorable, don't worry.

I only look at strength and speed

As well you should

No but seriously, the luck is a big drawback. Enemies in this game have chonky crit. He can't fight sorcerers, he just can't, he dies if they look at him funny with their 30% critrates.

But one point away from speed cap is surprisingly good considering every other late joiner gets doubled by everything in existence. He’s also cool, I’ll have to look at his supports.

His bases are actually correct because he's not from the original game. Then again, Tomas, Frost, Katarina, the entire Wolfguard aside from Roshea, none of them were in the original and yet their stats are... Yeah.

I don't know why Michalis got such preferential treatment. Though I always thought he was intended as an easter egg character. His recruitment is completely backwards, requiring you to do something that goes against the game mechanics ("visiting" with someone other than Marth) and in the original he just dies, so his survival comes across as kinda fanficcy. Why couldn't they do that for Boah and Lorenz too...

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm inclined to think he had a higher Luck stat long ago, but his two miraculous survivals shrank the stat so much, it almost hit underflow and skyrocketed to the max

F

From the OG Hubert to getting 30%'d by sorcerers.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tomas, the entire Wolfguard aside from Roshea, none of them were in the original

Huh.

Wait they kept Roshea and dropped everyone else? Rip.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't know why Michalis got such preferential treatment. Though I always thought he was intended as an easter egg character. His recruitment is completely backwards, requiring you to do something that goes against the game mechanics ("visiting" with someone other than Marth) and in the original he just dies, so his survival comes across as kinda fanficcy. Why couldn't they do that for Boah and Lorenz too...

It does feel like it considering his stats are much better than the rest of the late joiners, all the stuff you said, the fact that there’s apparently a turn limit for getting him, and the fact that a track that afaik doesn’t play anywhere else plays when talking to him, including his recruitment.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Huh.

Wait they kept Roshea and dropped everyone else? Rip.

They showed up at Adria Pass, but only Roshea joined afterwards.

Personally, I'm kind of a sucker for the complex recruitment chain they have in FE12. The only problem is, well... they're so pathetic it's only worth doing for the free silver and so you don't have a time limit for 20x. Take it from me, I've used both Roshea and Wolf before. They're only not the worst because Bantu exists.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It does feel like it considering his stats are much better than the rest of the late joiners, all the stuff you said, the fact that there’s apparently a turn limit for getting him, and the fact that a track that afaik doesn’t play anywhere else plays when talking to him, including his recruitment.

I'm pretty sure the rumored time limit is only a misconception, and that's just when a thief destroys the village if left unimpeded.

Okay, today I will finally head to Prison Island at the Eryth Sea.

Hmm, I wonder what I should pick up now that I'm finished with Crimson Flower. I won't start another route for a while...

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Personally, I'm kind of a sucker for the complex recruitment chain they have in FE12.

Oh yeah, I love it, it makes me wish FE had more complex recruitments. It’s just the map itself is shit, which hurts the chain a lot.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Take it from me, I've used both Roshea and Wolf before

Of course you have.

Just now, Sooks said:

Oh yeah, I love it, it makes me wish FE had more complex recruitments. It’s just the map itself is shit, which hurts the chain a lot.

You should maybe play a SRW game and see some of theirs.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Personally, I'm kind of a sucker for the complex recruitment chain they have in FE12. The only problem is, well... they're so pathetic it's only worth doing for the free silver and so you don't have a time limit for 20x. Take it from me, I've used both Roshea and Wolf before. They're only not the worst because Bantu exists.

I'm pretty damn sure they drop the silvers if you kill them, unless it's Wolf. It's hilarious how much worse your making your life by going out of your way to recruit them. 

I'm telling everyone, a hypothetical world where only Roshea is recruitable in FE12, but you have a convo with Vyland as Rosh to give him a cool ass prf weapon, like a master lance thracia style. Roshea's bases can be either somewhat buffed or not, but give him the crazy FE11 Sedgar/Wolf growths alongside that weapon to make him a funny yet viable lategame unit, then every other wolfguard can actually be a competent boss unit with real stats to give the map that "The Final Battle" feeling. But nobody knows or wants to know how to hack dsfe, so this is all just my giga brain weeping in it's awesomeness.

You'd still have to deal with moving around the map, and for me at least, the part of recruiting Sedgar and Wolf isn't hard at all. It's just the Rosh to Vy that's brutal, especially on lunatic with no warp.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They're only not the worst because Bantu exists.

Ruben, I do not want to do this again.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh yeah, I love it, it makes me wish FE had more complex recruitments. It’s just the map itself is shit, which hurts the chain a lot

As someone who's done over a dozen runs with questionable teams, I still get stuck at this damn map. Last run, this took me like 5 attempts, and this time I actually had a Kris. I swear I only recruit the wolfguard just to have a "recruit everyone" run. 

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:
29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Take it from me, I've used both Roshea and Wolf before

Of course you have.

Ruben beats me this time. They are 2 of roughly 12 units I've yet to use. Maybe next time, if I don't dump boosters into Horace and Darros. Ah, they'll probably be fine on their own. Really it's using thieves on a run I'm dreading.

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh yeah, I love it, it makes me wish FE had more complex recruitments.

aaa.png

28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Of course you have.

I haven't used Vyland and Sedgar because they're not as cool.

9 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I'm pretty damn sure they drop the silvers if you kill them, unless it's Wolf. It's hilarious how much worse your making your life by going out of your way to recruit them. 

I'm telling everyone, a hypothetical world where only Roshea is recruitable in FE12, but you have a convo with Vyland as Rosh to give him a cool ass prf weapon, like a master lance thracia style. Roshea's bases can be either somewhat buffed or not, but give him the crazy FE11 Sedgar/Wolf growths alongside that weapon to make him a funny yet viable lategame unit, then every other wolfguard can actually be a competent boss unit with real stats to give the map that "The Final Battle" feeling. But nobody knows or wants to know how to hack dsfe, so this is all just my giga brain weeping in it's awesomeness.

You'd still have to deal with moving around the map, and for me at least, the part of recruiting Sedgar and Wolf isn't hard at all. It's just the Rosh to Vy that's brutal, especially on lunatic with no warp.

Honestly, that'd be very cool.

12 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Ruben, I do not want to do this again.

Aww.

12 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Really it's using thieves on a run I'm dreading.

The E in E rank swords stands for epic?

16 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I thought you were an octogenarian like me.

Listen Wraith, I am flattered you would think me old, but I am afraid I am only old enough to feel bad about my lack of maturity. Thank you nonetheless, though!

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's the beard, is it.

No, the beard only makes me appear manly

53 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You should maybe play a SRW game and see some of theirs.

Good pitch, maybe. Which one?

32 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

I swear I only recruit the wolfguard just to have a "recruit everyone" run.

Only reason I did it, as this must be the first run.

32 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Really it's using thieves on a run I'm dreading.

Rickard kill on the final boss

Oh so I’m guessing they can’t be reclassed?

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

aaa.png

Oh yeah, I think I remember a bit of that. How feasible would it be to permanently recruit everyone the first go around?

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I haven't used Vyland and Sedgar because they're not as cool.

>Roshea

>cool

But Wolf and Sedgar are badass because Shadow Dragon exists.

Just now, Sooks said:

Good pitch, maybe. Which one?

I guess it depends.

Legally and in English, you can get the VTX Trilogy and 30. The former would require buying from East Asian online shops in either a PS4 or Switch. Latter is in Steam.

If you go the way of Jack Sparrow, fan translations exist for some of the game. List can be seen here: https://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/List_of_all_English_translated_SRW_games

I would say J as a good starting point, perhaps.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

How feasible would it be to permanently recruit everyone the first go around?

Blind? You probably wouldn't. -But then the same can be said for most older FEs.

I never finished my BS playthrough, but if you know the requirements, it seems entirely feasible without too much effort. I was pretty much on my way to doing so.

Promoting everyone who can, which has its own separate requirements, that'd be a whole 'nother story.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh yeah, I think I remember a bit of that. How feasible would it be to permanently recruit everyone the first go around?

Obtain? Very feasible. You pretty much just get everyone by following simple "don't let that guy die" guidelines, aside from a couple whose requirements the game basically spells out.

Permanently recruit? Much harder, but it's not something the game wants you to shoot for.

These two things mean different things in Berwick Saga. A good 70% of the cast are mercenaries, whom you must pay a fee to use each chapter (there's fifteen of those and each is three maps, generally). There are requirements to permanently recruit them, a majority of them requiring extensive usage, fulfilling certain objectives and sidequests within missions, playing extra maps, etc. which are possible to do in one run (I did it once, without even meaning to!) but it's not something you're gonna get the first or even the second time around.

...At risk of doing the inverse of a pitch, this game will be a nightmare for your Sooks% tendencies. Exhibit one: Furniture. Each furniture item costs upwards of 20k denarii, with the most expensive item costing 45k. And there's like, 12 of them. It's actually possible to get all of them in one run and not go completely broke, but again, not something the game expects you to try on a fresh file.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

>Roshea

>cool

But Wolf and Sedgar are badass because Shadow Dragon exists.

Wolf has a neat design. Roshea randomly becomes one of FE12's best characters by way of having a god-tier support. The others are just... there.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

These two things mean different things in Berwick Saga. A good 70% of the cast are mercenaries, whom you must pay a fee to use each chapter (there's fifteen of those and each is three maps, generally)

Each what is three maps? The fees?

There are requirements to permanently recruit them, a majority of them requiring extensive usage, fulfilling certain objectives and sidequests within missions, playing extra maps, etc.

Yeah, and it’s cool

Uh, probably. I mean, execution is different and all.

...At risk of doing the inverse of a pitch, this game will be a nightmare for your Sooks% tendencies.

Nooooo 0/10 game bad worst game ever made Kaga bad

Exhibit one: Furniture. Each furniture item costs upwards of 20k denarii, with the most expensive item costing 45k. And there's like, 12 of them. It's actually possible to get all of them in one run and not go completely broke, but again, not something the game expects you to try on a fresh file.

Yeah but characters are fundamental to the gameplay and hopefully one or two of them is interesting, so I’d like to see as much as I can from them. Furniture… is okay to pass on, although it will hurt a bit if the game lets you go full decorator mode.

Wolf has a neat design. Roshea randomly becomes one of FE12's best characters by way of having a god-tier support. The others are just... there.

What, his Kris support?