Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

18 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

aslong as i am not the one to manage it or connect the units, i am in xD

We should be finishing our current one this weekend. We are in the last 2 chapters

Wait the last one is still on-going? And everyone’s alive?

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

43 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ruby* (she seems cool)

Ruby is the game's other bad unit, alongside Derrick. Like with Derrick, it's intentional, but in a different way - she is a challenge unit. Training, recruiting and promoting her (not as simple as you might think) is highly rewarding because it's how you permanently recruit a much, much better unit than Ruby that's also a hideously expensive mercenary. Just a taste of how intricate this game can be. Don't worry though, it's not vital to finishing the game or anything. You won't get stuck with Endgame Ready Beard around, and you can always pay the other unit.

Aaaaaanyway, nah, best girl's name is Sylvis according to like, literally everyone who has ever played this game. She's so awesome even I can't be a contrarian with her.

Why, cause I’ve never placed Thracia? Entirely Ordinary sounds like the biggest code for Kaga’s Kaganess

Thracia wishes it could have managed anything like the Entirely Ordinary Fort.

Draug at base is really just… not tanky.

Draug is worthless as a knight. The pro strat is to instantly reclass him to cav and then he's basically a superior Navarre with much better availability.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ruby is the game's other bad unit, alongside Derrick. Like with Derrick, it's intentional, but in a different way - she is a challenge unit. Training, recruiting and promoting her (not as simple as you might think) is highly rewarding because it's how you permanently recruit a much, much better unit than Ruby that's also a hideously expensive mercenary.

but what if I like her for her

Okay, after taking a pause due to finishing Chapter 4 of TDatP (and only got a single comment out of it, typical)...

Time to start Chapter 3 of Trails FC!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah we are Endgame's doorsteps atm. We lost quite a few units, but we still in!

You can go check the Thread 😄 

Dang you’re far in Rev. Although if that’s the game you’re playing, I’m not surprised you’re taking it at a slow pace.

Is there anywhere that lists out the full deaths? I couldn’t find anything.

38 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Bye Ruan, bye best girl. Time for the Kaldia Tunnel.

I didn’t read the post above this and was going to make a Trails joke, and then I realized that’s literally what you’re playing.

Anyway not to worry, Estelle never leaves the party in this one iirc. But it’s time to prepare for worst girl in the gameplay, godspeed.

Alright, arrived at Zeiss.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I didn’t read the post above this and was going to make a Trails joke, and then I realized that’s literally what you’re playing.

Pft, haha.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Anyway not to worry, Estelle never leaves the party in this one iirc. But it’s time to prepare for worst girl in the gameplay, godspeed.

Estewho?

Oh? Well, guess I'll see or not.

Adol talking???? 

Music that isn't making my ears bleed??????

ok the 2nd track kinda sucks but i dig the rest?????????????

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’m not surprised you’re taking it at a slow pace.

it's mostly because each of us had stuff to do, like travels and stuff which put it on hold xD

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Is there anywhere that lists out the full deaths? I couldn’t find anything

FjJXzPL.jpeg

I think this is the last updated list

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/06/shuntaro-furukawa-switch-successor-will-utilise-the-nintendo-account-system

...Is this like the first time Nintendo is acknowledging the Switch's eventual successor? Is the time approaching?

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

-Need some anti-hype? Just remember, Falcom chose these tracks to present ahead of time, first impressions > later impressions, the rest could always be garbo.😜

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Is this like the first time Nintendo is acknowledging the Switch's eventual successor? Is the time approaching?

holidays 2024/2025 i say

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Need some anti-hype? Just remember, Falcom chose these tracks to present ahead of time, first impressions > later impressions, the rest could always be garbo.😜

Considering the last few games had my ears bleeding just from their trailers, that's a big improvement lol

I may not have that old woman vs old woman battle in Sifu after all. The second boss is kicking my sorry behind. I've only managed to beat him once, and I was so old I had two lives left for the next stage. I'll have to go back and do it again, see if I can move on at a reasonable age.

Having a blast so far. I'm still fumbling about, but this is a lot of fun.

14 hours ago, Sooks said:

but what if I like her for her

Fair, but Sylvis still wins there

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/06/shuntaro-furukawa-switch-successor-will-utilise-the-nintendo-account-system

Woo! Almost time to give Nintendo another 400 bucks.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Adol talking???? 

128.jpg

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

holidays 2024/2025 i say

2025 is more likely i'd say. I'd say the chances of Metroid Prime 4 being a hybrid launch title for the next system like BotW was is likely.

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Adol talking???? 

it's mostly because each of us had stuff to do, like travels and stuff which put it on hold xD

FjJXzPL.jpeg

I think this is the last updated list

Awakening Anna is also dead but since she doesn't connect to anyone it probably doesn't matter too much.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Feels like only yesterday I got  my switch, as though I still haven't spent enough time with it.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wait, he usually doesn't?

I'll admit I've only finished I and III (OoF version), but it was years ago, I don't remember.

To my knowledge, Adol is a silent protagonist and it's usually his buddies that do the talking for him.

Ys Origin did not have Adol (canonically, i think he's like a bonus character) so the protagonists could actually speak in that one.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/06/bandai-namco-summer-showcase-at-anime-expo-2023-teases-exciting-announcements-and-game-reveals

@Acacia Sgt

Namco, Anime je nais Expo, probability is what you think?😛 Only issue is the location, LA ain't Japan, and you'd think potential news would drop in the land of the superb giants first. I'll hedge my bets and say it won't show up. Any "well, 30 was an international success, let's try to keep it going by giving the next game a roster that caters to the West" logic for a potential reveal, doesn't sound convincing to me.

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

2025 is more likely i'd say. I'd say the chances of Metroid Prime 4 being a hybrid launch title for the next system like BotW was is likely.

That'd explain why Nintendo has been so quiet about it. A game in development hell is rare for Nintendo (though Prime 4 even so had to be reset, so there was a small trip trip to dev hell at least), highly unusual among the big companies.

Though Prime 4 isn't the eXcellent sCi-fi eXhibitory game I want 2 see on the Switch successor.

17 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Feels like only yesterday I got  my switch, as though I still haven't spent enough time with it.

Objectively I've logged a great many hours on my Switch, yet as of late, my gaming laptop has been my primary focus for months. Although I want to Switch it up more, I've plenty of unplayed/not played enough games on that, and I'd just prefer to be multi-system gaming.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

To my knowledge, Adol is a silent protagonist and it's usually his buddies that do the talking for him.

Ys Origin did not have Adol (canonically, i think he's like a bonus character) so the protagonists could actually speak in that one.

Yes, he is. Origin was my first Ys game, as it were, heh.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Namco, Anime je nais Expo, probability is what you think?😛 Only issue is the location, LA ain't Japan, and you'd think potential news would drop in the land of the superb giants first. I'll hedge my bets and say it won't show up. Any "well, 30 was an international success, let's try to keep it going by giving the next game a roster that caters to the West" logic for a potential reveal, doesn't sound convincing to me.

Well I mean, the idea of an international SRW release also seemed like an impossibility... and then it happened. So I'll keep an open mind about it.

Part of me would consider it a good early birthday gift, hehehe.

As it were, if we are to get a new SRW game this year, July seems like the latest it could be announced.

Edited by Acacia Sgt