Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

can't get over the fact that his official name is the Hero of Trains. Hero of Spirits? Nah, Hero of Trains

It's so funny. There's:

Hero of Legend

Hero of Time

Hero of Winds

Hero of the Picori

Hero of Twilight 

Hero of Light

Hero of Hyrule

Hero of the Skies

Hero of the Wild

All these cool sounding titles and then....Hero of *Trains*.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

kept thinking Stacheguy was Mutt, that was a fun surprise.

Haha...

Spoiler

I knew Shia Labeouf probably wanted nothing to do with it but I didn't expect them to kill Mutt offscreen in Vietnam. Although that point is tragically realistic. Some say that+Indy getting divorced because of it undoes Crystal Skull's ending, and in a way, it does, but life isn't a permanent happy ending. There's also 10+ years between the two movies in-universe, this isn't like Rise of Skywalker undoing Last Jedi.

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

don't know why people hate her so much (actually, I do, but they're blowing it way out of proportion, her entire character's point is that she's an overconfident smartass)

Terminally online people when women

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

do wish they'd had the balls to kill Indy off at the end, instead of going for a milquetoast "family reunited, all is good now" ending with a reference as the cherry on top

Spoiler

I think that was the original plan before it was rewritten. Although Harrison Ford himself is emotionally satisfied with it either way so we take those.

think I'd go Last Crusade > Raiders of the Lost Ark > Dial of Destiny, and Temple and Skull somewhere below,

This is my rankings too, although Skull is very much above Temple.

will say, I do like how they didn't shy away from Indy's (Ford's) age but rather embraced it and built the movie around the limitations of its main star being nowhere near as spry or ready as he once was. It could've felt like the Hollywood weirdo's last desperate attempt at feeling like he can still be a kickass action star, but they were humble about it and it was for the benefit of the movie, I'd say.

Ford himself claimed that this was literally the point too but you got too many terminally online people going "they made Indy old and grumpy". So many people are missing the point. Like come on, there's a 20 minute sequence with young Indy contrasted with old Indy.

The movie's a box office bomb, which sucks, but there's a lot of good movies out there that didn't sell.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's so funny. There's:

Hero of Legend

Hero of Time

Hero of Winds

Hero of the Picori

Hero of Twilight 

Hero of Light

Hero of Hyrule

Hero of the Skies

Hero of the Wild

All these cool sounding titles and then....Hero of *Trains*.

The whole point of the game is that you're roving around freeing spirits and you just so happen to be doing it in a train so I don't know what they were thinking

Also who's the hero of light?

51 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Haha...

Reveal hidden contents

I knew Shia Labeouf probably wanted nothing to do with it but I didn't expect them to kill Mutt offscreen in Vietnam. Although that point is tragically realistic. Some say that+Indy getting divorced because of it undoes Crystal Skull's ending, and in a way, it does, but life isn't a permanent happy ending. There's also 10+ years between the two movies in-universe, this isn't like Rise of Skywalker undoing Last Jedi.

Spoiler

Before seeing the movie, when I found out they killed him offsceeen, I thought "wow they really couldn't get anyone to come back lol", but I felt it was one of the highlights of the movie. Indy's speech about his desth on the boat was pretty awesome.

Terminally online people when women

Ain't that the truth.

Reveal hidden contents

I think that was the original plan before it was rewritten. Although Harrison Ford himself is emotionally satisfied with it either way so we take those.

Spoiler

Could be, the ending does feel a wee bit rushed. They just sort of teleport back home after Indy gets knocked on his ass, not to mention the whole plothole with the murder charge. Though thinking about it, the man was in such a bad state that it's not so unlikely he might've fallen into a short coma. And Helena could've testified in Indy's favor regarding the murders.

This is my rankings too, although Skull is very much above Temple.

You really don't like Temple lol

Ford himself claimed that this was literally the point too but you got too many terminally online people going "they made Indy old and grumpy". So many people are missing the point. Like come on, there's a 20 minute sequence with young Indy contrasted with old Indy.

They just jump from that wonderful action piece to Indy doing the most old guy thing ever: falling asleep in front of the TV.

The movie's a box office bomb, which sucks, but there's a lot of good movies out there that didn't sell.

Eh. I had fun, at least.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Also who's the hero of light?

Four Swords Adventures. OG Four Swords Link doesn't have a title tho, so imma call him Hero of Four.

The original Link also doesn't have a title. I'd call him the Original Hero but that's technically Skyward Sword. So, since Zelda 1 Link is the only Link to rescue multiple incarnations of Zelda, I will call this one the Hero of the Princess.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You really don't like Temple lol

It's just really boring. And racist. But mostly boring.

Eh. I had fun, at least

And that's all the matters imo. Besides, way too many movies came out in a single month alone and all but Spider-Verse and Asteroid City either bombed or limped to the finish.

Speaking of Indy's third act tho, something I really like

Spoiler

Is how unironically grounded the time travel is. The idea that Archimedes' calculations were off because he didn't know about continental drift was a brilliant spin and it being a bootstrap paradox makes things way easier to digest.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

xmo1jL5.jpg

cute-anime-boy-smile-dexv5hckpur9rz2m.gi

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The anime adaptation of How to Train Your Dragon sure is something.

Every masterpiece has it's cheap copy /s

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So when do we get Fire Emblem Arthur Mythos edition?

Jugdral. Or Elibe. Or Tellius? The Arthurian name borrowings are all over the place. Though Seliph reminds of how Galahad is bland because both are flawless and their dads are better because they're strong but fatally flawed.

I’d say that Fire Emblem might not be the best fit for a "Most Arthurian Arthurian Legends" game. Many stories often focus on individual knights and their personal derring-do, Fire Emblem depends on a central narrative.

Instead, I’d think something along the lines of SaGa, Octopath, and Vanillaware would be more suited to telling a full story of the entire world of Camelot, if one wished to do that.

To be precise, I’d structure things something like.:

• Prologue and Chapter 1- Young Arthur
  • Chapter 2- Lancelot.
  • Timeskip- The Round Table is founded, Arthur fully matures into a kind grown king, the realm is largely at peace, he needn’t go off and fight anymore himself.
  • Plot Decentralization- The Tales of the Knights of the Round Table go off questing across the lands. Consists of several separate storylines the player can choose at their leisure, to pick a few possibilities.:
    • Gawain
      • Would includes appearances by his brothers Agravain, Gaheris, Gareth, and half-brother Mordred.
      • Which Gawain would be included? Arthurian legends began with a kind Gawain, a pious paragon of knighthood. Later stories turn Gawain into a knight who neglects Christian virtue and is rather immoral. Which would this video game Gawain resemble?
    • Galahad
      • The Quest for the Holy Grail of Galahad, Perceval, and Bors.
    • Tristan and Isolde
    • Culwch and Olwen?
      • It is Welsh instead of French or English, and one of the oldest works in the Arthurian canon. Although it might be a little redundant with the Tristan & Isolde romance, hence the "?" at the end.
    • Alternatively for a fourth, how about Yvain/Owain?
      • Owain is the son of Morgan Le Fay, the evil sorceress sister of King Arthur. Given we’re talking a video game, we’d want a central villain, Morgan seems appropriate, and being her son would make Owen important. We'd be
  • End- We've taken in the happy heroism of this world, now it's time to burn it all down and feel sad that it's gone.
    • Arthur vs. Lancelot.
      • Arthur is playable again, perhaps we let the player decide which side they want to play on. If party-based for gameplay, the various knights from the above storylines pick sides.
    • Mordred’s Betrayal
      • For the finale, since this would be a video game, we'd throw in a battle with the true villain whoever they are.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

The whole point of the game is that you're roving around freeing spirits and you just so happen to be doing it in a train so I don't know what they were thinking

The tracks are the ancient chains that bind the king of evil into place that humans later found another purpose for. That I thought was a neat detail. Millennia-old seals on great evils tend to seem so useless, this one was a multitasker.😄

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

cute-anime-boy-smile-dexv5hckpur9rz2m.gi

Feeling catty?🐈‍⬛

Cg0ybZIVEAAgCyo.jpg

Legally distinct

F0EYqmFXgAEylVH?format=jpg&name=large

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The tracks are the ancient chains that bind the king of evil into place that humans later found another purpose for. That I thought was a neat detail. Millennia-old seals on great evils tend to seem so useless, this one was a multitasker.😄

Something i often wonder is how high is the elevation of New Hyrule. Link and Tetra sailed until they found it, which suggests the Great Sea still exists. How high is New Hyrule then? Or did the waters receed?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Four Swords Adventures. OG Four Swords Link doesn't have a title tho, so imma call him Hero of Four.

The original Link also doesn't have a title. I'd call him the Original Hero but that's technically Skyward Sword. So, since Zelda 1 Link is the only Link to rescue multiple incarnations of Zelda, I will call this one the Hero of the Princess.

Ah, I see

I remember hearing that Zelda 1 Link is the "New Hero of Hyrule" But I don't know if that's official or not

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I guess Link does help the train economy by putting the railways back into service but that'd be like distinctively calling Abraham Lincoln the Hero of Transportation because he was Lawyer in many transportation based cases.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Something i often wonder is how high is the elevation of New Hyrule. Link and Tetra sailed until they found it, which suggests the Great Sea still exists. How high is New Hyrule then? Or did the waters receed?

Well, in Breath of the Wild we do see absurdly high cliffs at the edge of the world.

50 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Food for thought. What if the Great Flood was most of Hyrle's elevation being lowered below sea level...

It's possible. We know there's more to the world than just Hyrule, thanks to the existence of Holodrum, Labrayna, Hytopia (yes Nintendo insists Triforce Heroes is canon) and perhaps another unknown country (Sidon's fiance in Tears of the Kingdom comes from "another Zora's Domain, i headcanon she's Labraynan but anything's possible). Did they get affected by the Great Flood too?

43 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Well, in Breath of the Wild we do see absurdly high cliffs at the edge of the world.

True.

Though i know it's for gameplay reasons, Hyrule's always seemingly blocked off from the rest of the world by tall cliffs and mountain ranges.

1000.png?width=1250&height=410

latest.png?width=788&height=401

1000.png?width=1095&height=618

latest.png?width=975&height=618

latest.png?width=618&height=618

1000.png?width=587&height=618

1000.png?width=742&height=618

With the 2D games, it's obviously more video-gamey in structure (especially Four Swords) but tall mountain ranges surrounding it with very few openings. I suppose that's why Hyrule's never suffered external conflicts, it's hard to invade from outside. Hyrule is also almost always landlocked, which i think it's interesting. Lore-wise, i guess it means the sheer passage of time causes Hyrule's geography to shift. I know the actual answer is that it just depends on what the devs want it to be.

Interestingly, Termina is a lot more "natural" in it's geography

1000.png?width=870&height=618

Holodrum and Labrayna are more video-gamey and thus have "the walls" but they aren't landlocked countries, unlike Hyrule, which is (Oracle takes place after Link to the Past featuring the same Link).

I guess I am a bit late with these replies...

On 7/1/2023 at 1:09 PM, Sidereal Wraith said:

I can’t find booze anywhere in this place…

IMG_2227.jpeg

That is a nice looking place you are visiting there Wraith.

On 7/1/2023 at 1:28 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Unbelievable. They actually broke the entire site to try and force a few folks to make an account.

This was posted on Twitter, and then on one of the Discord servers where I lurk, but I thought it'd be wiser to just share the image

Lol, Twitter doing one of the most technological self owns of all.

On 7/1/2023 at 5:38 PM, Armagon said:

Crystal Skull hate has always been overblown. People's issues with it are "but the fridge" and "but aliens" and that's it. And the CGI too maybe.

Is it as good as Raiders and Last Crusade? No. But it's still good. It's not like the Prequels where it puts me in a coma.

Yeah, I always found Crystal Skull complaints massively overblown. Not to say its as good as Raiders of the Lost Ark, or the Last Crusade, but its in the same quality range as the Temple of Doom at least, and you don't see the same vitriol targeting that movie.

On 7/1/2023 at 5:38 PM, Armagon said:

20230701_201140.jpg

The Plot thickens...

On 7/1/2023 at 5:57 PM, GuardianSing said:

The specific clip at 0:30 sums it up pretty well I think

All this Britain's fault talk amuses me a bit, as I recently played a boardgame called Versailles 1919, which is all about playing as the architects of that awful treaty that ended WWI.

On 7/1/2023 at 6:10 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

The idea of "conflict as old as time, something-something rhyme, Israel and Arabs🎵" is factually incorrect. It sounds nice b/c the modern conflict seems utterly unresolvable, but it is simply incorrect.

-My apologies for the assertiveness. -But think on the bright side, but if the conflict is truly only century old or so, maybe there is a faint hope of peaceful resolution with coexistence somewhere in the boundless darkness.😃 -As dim as that hope has gone since the 90s when it actually seemed possible.

People act like the conflicts in the middle east are an unending eternal conflict, and as you point out there start is far more recent, but even their end might be closer than people act. As the Camp David Accords showed, when there is some actual effort, and political will put into facilitating peace in the middle east, you can see tangible results. Sure the conflict isn't going to go away all at once, but if world leaders actually try, I don't think its out of question for us to see the region stabilized in our lifetime.

On 7/2/2023 at 12:00 AM, Acacia Sgt said:

I am now a wizard.

Well, good night!

Happy belated Birthday !!!

20 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've tried beer before. Could never get into it. I don't know what piss tastes like, but I'm pretty sure it must be something along those lines. Then again, I'm the kind of bore that doesn't drink a drop of alcohol just in general, so.

Not a big beer fan due to its piss like taste either. That isn't to say I am a teetotaler, I just prefer things like alcoholic cider, wine, mead, or mixed drinks of harder liquors.

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Okay okay! I misspoke.😅 Pretend I wrote "mythological figure with some possible kernel of real existence/inspiration, whom the English claimed as one of their own in spirit if not in literal ethnicity". That better? And yes, I know Arthur's first mentions are in Welsh sources, from Wales it went to England, and then to the rest of Europe later.

I will also add that Guinevere is a particularly Welsh name as well.

16 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But like, he's just being omega dumb here. Keeping Twitter going strong would reinburse his little billion eventually. He's actually just running the place down to the ground because he's too lazy and stupid to manage it properly. Why'd he even buy it?

To be fair, he tried to back out of the deal...after he signed a bunch of contracts with a lol 420 blaze it meme baked into the acquisition price.

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Unless he suplexes one, he ain't no Master of Trains.

Ah FF6, such a classic.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

And that's all the matters imo. Besides, way too many movies came out in a single month alone and all but Spider-Verse and Asteroid City either bombed or limped to the finish.

Between all the people ready to will themselves to hate on it because Kathleen Kennedy exists and the movie's sky-high budget, it would've been really difficult for it not to bomb, honestly.

Still, at least it seemed Ford had fun. The guy doesn't seem to have fun very often lol, I'm happy for him.

...Incidentally, the Red Letter Media video on the movie showed up in my reccs. I clicked for some reason, then I clicked on the Temple of Doom video they did previously to see what the comments looked like there, and now my entire feed is filled with the "cynical review" genre. The stupid video submenu is bugged and won't show up no matter how much I reload so I am unable to hit "not interested." Thanks, Youtube, very nice. Such a well designed site.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of Indy's third act tho, something I really like

Hide contents

Is how unironically grounded the time travel is. The idea that Archimedes' calculations were off because he didn't know about continental drift was a brilliant spin and it being a bootstrap paradox makes things way easier to digest.

Actually

Spoiler

The continental drift thing was just Indy talking out of his ass to try and get on Voller's nerves because by then he was genuinely afraid that his insane plan would work (and he did succeed, Voller got cold feet and tried to abort at the last minute, but the plane got dragged into the portal). The real twist with the dial was the nazis' plan was doomed from the start, because Archimedes designed it so that it could only lead back to him. He was trying to get people from the future to come through the time rift and help him save his people from the Romans with their superior tech.

...Which leads to the hilarious realization that a bunch of stinky neo-nazis trying to usurp Hitler became the heroes of Siracusa by accident - quite literally, at that.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

and you don't see the same vitriol targeting that movie.

Because that movie is old, and old is always good because we liked it as kids.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

To be fair, he tried to back out of the deal...after he signed a bunch of contracts with a lol 420 blaze it meme baked into the acquisition price.

Oh right, I almost forgot that. Sheesh...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Sauce?

Idk.

Between all the people ready to will themselves to hate on it because Kathleen Kennedy exists and the movie's sky-high budget, it would've been really difficult for it not to bomb, honestly.

It's amazing how much Kathleen Kennedy lives rent free in people's heads but yeah, the budget was a big worrying sign. Especially the production issues, Mangold was the third director after the film got held up a few times by Covid.

Actually 

Spoiler

Ah. It thought there was more to it with how Indy was noticing the loose pieces of the plane being slowly brought together but you're right.

Edited by Armagon

RDT_20230703_0959521038821634210176912.j

As an introvert, i am fucking dreading the whole "it's not about what you know, it's who you know" schtick once i graduate. I don't know how much of it is true but i hear it enough that i feel it's going to get in the way a lot.

I get that we are social creatures but not everybody needs to do "networking".