• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

We did. Clearly I am the all-seeing oracle.

❤️

Well, the mod had potential, let's see if the reboot of it can make us relive that! 

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

i wish she just was

I'll see, I'll see, I'll judge on my own accord. *Insert cliched metaphor wherein I draw comparison to Adol's desire to see everything himself.*

...But, not today. I've a little thing I'll be doing tomorrow that'll take up most of the day. While that is still 24 hours away, I don't want to play anything today that I'll have a strong craving to continue tomorrow.😆 I need to get my mind/body to forget about Celceta on a certain level.

Enough.

My ship sailed in the morning. Wand of Gamelon time.

You know, you really gotta take a moment to appreciate how genuinely great King Harkinian is. In the first game he lectures Link on the value of peace and upon hearing one of his allies is under attack and his first thought is to wonder how Hyrule can offer aid. In the second one somehow Ganon returned, and he straight up goes personally to beat the shit out of him for trying to pull the same stunt again on another of his allies.

Some would have you believe that he got captured, but the truth is that he turned all of Ganon's forces to mush with his bare fists. Trust me, my uncle from Nintendo told me this is the Zelda canon, as per the True Zelda Bible from Nintendo.

In any case, I'll play Wand on Hero Mode, a difficulty that does things I don't know. Information on this port online is extremely scarce. I can immediately tell it removes the hints, which might make me spend 10 more minutes on this game trying to finish a fetch quest. We'll see.

I mean, dude can use the Triforce of Courage after all.

King Harkinian didn't went to Korridai personally because

But Ganon's forces? Pft, easy peasy!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Stuck between a rock and hard place because I'd like for me and my buddies to go to Islands of Adventure for my birthday (I turn 23 on July 23rd in the year 2023) but my dad wants to take me to Cancun and I'm not opposed to it either.

Can I split myself in two and be in two places at once?

So you know the one infamous boss that goes "y-yooouu've kileeeed meeeee" and then Zelda responds with a glorious "good"?

Turns out, the game actually hypes him up. Unlike most bosses, who have one cutscene and then one death cutscene, this guy has two. He's introduced as the man who took Harkinian, then he has another cutscene where Impa warns Zelda that he's dangerous and shows him the man's teleportation powers through the Triforce of Wisdom.

This is really funny considering he's the easiest boss in the game.

Islands of Adventure ticket prices are $110 which means each of us (group of four) would have to shell out $110 and one of my friends just moved somewhere.

Cancun trip is being paid for by my dad.

18ZTbhaD_o.png

Zelda: Wand of Gamelon is what all true developers strive for when making a sequel.

Zelda: Wand of Gamelon is the sequel to world-acclaimed masterpiece of videogaming, Link: The Faces of Evil. It is, as all great sequels, the same game again, except a little different.

Improvements were made all around. For instance, developing on the rock solid foundation FoE set, the boss design has been improved tenfold. Check this out: Instead of all bosses dying in two seconds except one that requires a fetch quest first, here all bosses die in two seconds except multiple that require a fetch quest first, and one that requires patience for him to reach his vulnerable state. Incredible. Still kind of hilarious how both Ganon and what seems to be his highest-ranking underling both die in a single hit. You also don't need to visit Gwonam in his house to obtain the power to see invisible enemies - instead, a random witch you find on a tree gives you the super lantern for free. Good. That's not to say the game lacks Faces's much beloved fetch quests, they're very much still here, don't worry your pretty little heads over that.

The level design is also greatly expanded. Instead of levels that last two or three screens, you'll find a few bigger levels that last seven or eight screens instead. Duke Onkled's Dodamai Palace and Garon's new lair, Reesong Castle, are the two best examples. There's a bit of backtracking needed in both, a bit of key hunting, a couple riddles to solve - they feel like real dungeons, almost! Sakado also makes for a brilliant hub, housing no less than the shop, an extra NPC, and another two that you rescue as the game goes. This really gives you the feel of the world breathing and living around you, and your actions contributing to the betterment of Gamelon. Isn't it beautiful?

The platforming is basically the same, except there's one screen where you have to platform close to the ceiling, a couple areas have wonky perspectives that make it difficult to tell where the ground is, and there's a couple of doors that aren't immediately obvious. To compensate for this loss of Faces's pitch-perfect level of polish, there's also one area where you have to jump over flaming boulders, which is more challenging than the entirety of Faces put together.

The story is a much more thrilling tale. The premise of Best King Harkinian heading to an allied country to help defend against Ganon, but being mysteriously captured, and then Link falling prey to Ganon's forces too, requiring Zelda's intervention, is quite unique and an excellent step forward for the series. It truly puts into perspective how powerful Ganon is outside of gameplay. Of course, I played as Harkinian and saved a clone of myself, but ah, details shmetails.

The characters are also superior. The plot twist that Duke Onkled is a traitor and played an unspecified role in Harkinian's defeat left me crying for at least 24 seconds. Interesting maneuver to reveal his treason before he's even seen, and also have Zelda claims that she already knew it even though she had no reason to, but who am I to judge these expert writers. There was also Lady Alma, I've no idea who she is but her mirror housed the magically imprisoned Link, so she has to be important somehow; and Hektan, Ganon's second-in-command, who was much more developed than any other non-Ganon villain in the series by virtue of having three cutscenes instead of two. He was also put in charge of the king, or not. I'm not sure, Impa said "see how the king was captured" but then he was missing from the cutscene, instead I witnessed the capture of this random Robin Hood lookalike who goes unnamed, but is also a key character who appears in no less than three cutscenes, including the final one!

Alas, there is one important downgrade on the topic of characters: The lovable, huggable, kissable Morshu, one of the most beloved characters in the entire series, is replaced as the shopkeep by a horrible man who is very scary and makes me want to hide my children from him and lecture them on the value of never taking candy from strangers. And I don't have children! He's awful, they should've just made Morshu return.

At one point, I received bread. The cook told me Link could eat ten of this bread, and that the Arpagos would die for it. Unfortunately, I have no idea who the Arpagos is or are, and no matter who I threw the bread at, nothing happened. It just remained on the floor, and I couldn't pick it back up, forcing me to return to the town to get more bread. I couldn't eat the bread either. Still, you get to throw bread at things to no apparent end. Name any other Zelda games where you can obtain a useless loaf of bread to throw around. I'll bet you don't get that in that lousy overrated mess, TotK. Eat your heart out, Tears of the Kingdom, more like... Fart.

Musically and graphically, the game is identical. Same deal, way too many songs that fail to make an impression, beautiful landscapes that make for poor platformer levels. The cutscenes are a general improvement, however, as Zelda delivers better derpy faces than Link did.

In conclusion, lamp oil, rope, bombs, you want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough rubees. Sorry, Link, I can't give credit! Come back when you're a little, mmmmmmmmmm R I C H E R

Dinner/10

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Islands of Adventure ticket prices are $110 which means each of us (group of four) would have to shell out $110 and one of my friends just moved somewhere.

Well....... I truly do hope you have fun lol

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Zelda: Wand of Gamelon is what all true developers strive for when making a sequel.

Zelda: Wand of Gamelon is the sequel to world-acclaimed masterpiece of videogaming, Link: The Faces of Evil. It is, as all great sequels, the same game again, except a little different.

Improvements were made all around. For instance, developing on the rock solid foundation FoE set, the boss design has been improved tenfold. Check this out: Instead of all bosses dying in two seconds except one that requires a fetch quest first, here all bosses die in two seconds except multiple that require a fetch quest first, and one that requires patience for him to reach his vulnerable state. Incredible. Still kind of hilarious how both Ganon and what seems to be his highest-ranking underling both die in a single hit. You also don't need to visit Gwonam in his house to obtain the power to see invisible enemies - instead, a random witch you find on a tree gives you the super lantern for free. Good. That's not to say the game lacks Faces's much beloved fetch quests, they're very much still here, don't worry your pretty little heads over that.

The level design is also greatly expanded. Instead of levels that last two or three screens, you'll find a few bigger levels that last seven or eight screens instead. Duke Onkled's Dodamai Palace and Garon's new lair, Reesong Castle, are the two best examples. There's a bit of backtracking needed in both, a bit of key hunting, a couple riddles to solve - they feel like real dungeons, almost! Sakado also makes for a brilliant hub, housing no less than the shop, an extra NPC, and another two that you rescue as the game goes. This really gives you the feel of the world breathing and living around you, and your actions contributing to the betterment of Gamelon. Isn't it beautiful?

The platforming is basically the same, except there's one screen where you have to platform close to the ceiling, a couple areas have wonky perspectives that make it difficult to tell where the ground is, and there's a couple of doors that aren't immediately obvious. To compensate for this loss of Faces's pitch-perfect level of polish, there's also one area where you have to jump over flaming boulders, which is more challenging than the entirety of Faces put together.

The story is a much more thrilling tale. The premise of Best King Harkinian heading to an allied country to help defend against Ganon, but being mysteriously captured, and then Link falling prey to Ganon's forces too, requiring Zelda's intervention, is quite unique and an excellent step forward for the series. It truly puts into perspective how powerful Ganon is outside of gameplay. Of course, I played as Harkinian and saved a clone of myself, but ah, details shmetails.

The characters are also superior. The plot twist that Duke Onkled is a traitor and played an unspecified role in Harkinian's defeat left me crying for at least 24 seconds. Interesting maneuver to reveal his treason before he's even seen, and also have Zelda claims that she already knew it even though she had no reason to, but who am I to judge these expert writers. There was also Lady Alma, I've no idea who she is but her mirror housed the magically imprisoned Link, so she has to be important somehow; and Hektan, Ganon's second-in-command, who was much more developed than any other non-Ganon villain in the series by virtue of having three cutscenes instead of two. He was also put in charge of the king, or not. I'm not sure, Impa said "see how the king was captured" but then he was missing from the cutscene, instead I witnessed the capture of this random Robin Hood lookalike who goes unnamed, but is also a key character who appears in no less than three cutscenes, including the final one!

Alas, there is one important downgrade on the topic of characters: The lovable, huggable, kissable Morshu, one of the most beloved characters in the entire series, is replaced as the shopkeep by a horrible man who is very scary and makes me want to hide my children from him and lecture them on the value of never taking candy from strangers. And I don't have children! He's awful, they should've just made Morshu return.

At one point, I received bread. The cook told me Link could eat ten of this bread, and that the Arpagos would die for it. Unfortunately, I have no idea who the Arpagos is or are, and no matter who I threw the bread at, nothing happened. It just remained on the floor, and I couldn't pick it back up, forcing me to return to the town to get more bread. I couldn't eat the bread either. Still, you get to throw bread at things to no apparent end. Name any other Zelda games where you can obtain a useless loaf of bread to throw around. I'll bet you don't get that in that lousy overrated mess, TotK. Eat your heart out, Tears of the Kingdom, more like... Fart.

Musically and graphically, the game is identical. Same deal, way too many songs that fail to make an impression, beautiful landscapes that make for poor platformer levels. The cutscenes are a general improvement, however, as Zelda delivers better derpy faces than Link did.

In conclusion, lamp oil, rope, bombs, you want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough rubees. Sorry, Link, I can't give credit! Come back when you're a little, mmmmmmmmmm R I C H E R

Dinner/10

Peak fiction fr, now go play the conclusion to the gripping trilogy

latest.png?width=591&height=578

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But can you teleport it for three days?

59 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Can I split myself in two and be in two places at once?

Proxy by bots. Store yourself in a VR unit somewhere and alternate between controlling two identical bots of yourself, both of which shall be live-streamed footage of what the other is doing. When you opt not to control one body, the other is controlled by an AI based on your personality, such that nobody would notice it wasn't the real you. You get to seamlessly switch bodies at any time so that you can skip the boring stuff (waiting in line at an amusement park, yaaay, you've already spent 30 minutes lounging on the beach, the AI can handle the next 1-hour-30-mins of it) and hop in when things look fun.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So you're going to take the plunge?

the-great-blue-hole-off-the-coast-of-belize-in-royalty-free-image-1682795059.jpg?resize=1200:*

World's second largest "blue hole". 147k feet (44.8km) wide and 900 ft deep (274m).

Or:

MM8150-270627-02458_square.jpg

Underwater in a cenote near Tulum, also on the Yucatan.

😛

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Peak fiction fr, now go play the conclusion to the gripping trilogy

latest.png?width=591&height=578

You know what?

Fuck it.

MniqLEEU_o.png

Let's roll.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But can you teleport it for three days?

No teleporters in sight, no.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

@Saint Rubenio don't forget to play the other legendary game as well

1200px-Hmario.png?width=625&height=618

Not even Super Mario Galaxy 2 compares to this masterpiece of game design.

Truly a timeless magnum opus. Alas, there is no PC port of this. A CDI-owner might lend us his, if we... persuade him. But I don't know anyone like that, so I suppose there's nothing to be done. Such a shame. Nintendo plz Hotel Meryo on Swap.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You already commented on that, my dude. Dementia strikes?

You’re not alone in this endeavor Rubenio, others are also indulging in this great solution.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Truly a timeless magnum opus. Alas, there is no PC port of this. A CDI-owner might lend us his, if we... persuade him. But I don't know anyone like that, so I suppose there's nothing to be done.

There is.....another way....