Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Granada, maybe? See the Alhambra?

Perhaps. We're only there a week, so it's gonna be "see the most we can see". We're planning on spending two days at each location.

Ideally I'd like to also cross over into Gibraltar to see the Strait but I don't think we'd have time. At least being in Valencia will allow me to see the Mediterranean (this would be fall season so no beach time, not that I actually like going to the beach).

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You could also try walking the entirety of the Camino de Santiago. Learn some piety that way.✝️

Yeah I'm also checking out Catholic places, in place of my mom who isn't coming. Probably buy a Rosary or something for her.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Should I buy Trails into Reverie?

Buy Pikmin. Or be like me and get both.

Actually no, wait for me to catch up first, if you can resist the temptation of HD Rixia. I saw I review say that it's a decent entry point, maybe recommended it to someone else here and see how it goes?

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Use her.

She will never leave my party.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

rip Rean x Harem shippers

There will be no Xenoblade moments here. Unless Rean returns in Kuro 3 with all eleven of his wives.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Tfw you didn’t read the optional in-universe books

There are two dozen of those at this point, surely you can't expect me to remember everything that happened in them.

49 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

You guys should watch The Father, it's really good and emotional

I am interested, I'll look into it if I see it playing on TV.

Edited by Lightchao42

I have to get up at 4:30 to get a friend from the bus station. To avoid death, I went to bed super early, like bit past 21. That's the earliest I've gone to sleep since... ever, actually, even back in school I went to bed at 22.

I proceeded to spend six hours turning around and looking at the hour on my phone until now. I've admitted defeat, time to play videogames for two hours and hope I don't keel over at any point of the rest of the day.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Alright looks like the plan is being set in motion. Dad and I are looking to visit Spain sometime in September-October (it's during the fall semester but eh). I got like five cousins there and a sixth one is looking to move there as there, damn might as well do that myself to at this rate.

Priority #1 apart from visiting family is the museums. Plan is to land in Madrid and hit up Barcelona, Valencia and some other place. 

Also jumpscare Ruben with anime while I'm at it /s

I mean, I don't live in any of those big cities, so good luck finding me.

No, I don't have Berwicksigns surrounding my home. It won't be that easy.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Show him the Matador Gundam.

GF13-045NSP_Matador_Gundam_Front.png

Ahhh, España con Ñ mayúscula.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Be showing him this while playing With Mila's Divine Spanish

Hey I remember that from The Last Promise.

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Wraith’s reaction:

Wraith, be honest now. Did you actually watch all two hours of that video?

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

You guys should watch The Father, it's really good and emotional

I've already watched a movie this year, though... If I happen to be by a theatre and see it on the schedule, though, I'll consider it.

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I once stood where you now stand Captain, and some part of me still wishes I could rejoice by your side. However I have beaten Engage and sent “it” screaming back to the sepulcher where that abomination of a crossover game belongs. Instead I have found another series of video games to fill that void in the cimmerian abyss which science tries to convince me is a heart:

Oh I like the LoK series too. It was the first one I got into when I bought a PS and Soul Reaver 20 some odd years ago. All kindsa lore and backstory to get lost in readin about

But I gotta admit FE7 hooked me pretty good

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, I don't have Berwicksigns surrounding my home. It won't be that easy.

It's ok, I just have to slander the game. Your position would be given away.

In real talk tho, one of my cousins does live near the Portuguese border. If time allows it, we might cross over there for a bit during the trip.

I actually have cousins in like every destination we're going. One on the outskirts of Madrid, one in Valencia, I think there's another in Barcelona. Point being we don't have to spend money on hotels.

We'd be arriving in Madrid and it's geographical location makes traveling by train simple.

My dad also wants to take the train to Paris but I doubt we'd even have the time. We could make it to Lyon maybe but even then, we're only there 10 days max.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's ok, I just have to slander the game. Your position would be given away.

In real talk tho, one of my cousins does live near the Portuguese border. If time allows it, we might cross over there for a bit during the trip.

I actually have cousins in like every destination we're going. One on the outskirts of Madrid, one in Valencia, I think there's another in Barcelona. Point being we don't have to spend money on hotels.

Sounds like you'll have a full schedule. Hope you all have fun 'round these parts!

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So what you're saying it... you have a network to call upon if you need to find Ruben.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Alright looks like the plan is being set in motion. Dad and I are looking to visit Spain sometime in September-October (it's during the fall semester but eh). I got like five cousins there and a sixth one is looking to move there as there, damn might as well do that myself to at this rate.

Priority #1 apart from visiting family is the museums. Plan is to land in Madrid and hit up Barcelona, Valencia and some other place. 

Also jumpscare Ruben with anime while I'm at it /s

Enjoy 😄😄

Jumpscaring Ruben is the most important thing to do, don'T forget to do that!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

this wasn't even talking about all the people wrongly imprisoned for crimes they didn't commit, now that the Supreme Court has ruled that even those wrongly imprisoned must still serve their full terms with no way of appeal.

dafuq????

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We'd be arriving in Madrid and it's geographical location makes traveling by train simple.

My dad also wants to take the train to Paris but I doubt we'd even have the time. We could make it to Lyon maybe but even then, we're only there 10 days max.

Vaya con dios

I’m skeered of air travel myself. Aint a place in the world I need to go I cant drive to. Easy since I drive for a living

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So what you're saying it... you have a network to call upon if you need to find Ruben.

This is starting to become mildly disturbing. To what lengths are you lot willing to go to show me anime?

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Enjoy 😄😄

I'm now imagining Armagon (he's Malos, it's the only point of reference I have) running around shoving a picture of some scantly-clad waifu in the face of every bearded man he comes across.

Until he is arrested.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Easy since I drive for a living

Trucker, perhaps?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is starting to become mildly disturbing. To what lengths are you lot willing to go to show me anime?

I'm now imagining Armagon (he's Malos, it's the only point of reference I have) running around shoving a picture of some scantly-clad waifu in the face of every bearded man he comes across.

Until he is arrested.

Dread it, run from it, anime arrives all the same.

So, only now am I learning the maps auto-fill once you discover every landmark.

Which means I didn't had to do all that walking to fill them out myself... pft, ahahahaha.

And now I know why Eryth Sea remained un-filled. Turns out I was missing one landmark...

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Edit: this wasn't even talking about all the people wrongly imprisoned for crimes they didn't commit, now that the Supreme Court has ruled that even those wrongly imprisoned must still serve their full terms with no way of appeal.

what

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I saw I review say that it's a decent entry point, maybe recommended it to someone else here and see how it goes?

1565376268183.png

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've already watched a movie this year, though... If I happen to be by a theatre and see it on the schedule, though, I'll consider it.

Its from 2 years ago bro

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Trucker, perhaps?

Yup, for about 23 years now 

I dont run OTR tho. I do what we in the industry in the US call “LTL”. Basically that’s multiple shipments from different shippers going to different customers on the wagon

Punch in, fire my horse up. Drive about a hundred miles... or 160 km for those of you in metric parts of the world 😁.... to the town I work. Make typically 15-20 deliveries until empty, do about 3-4 pickups and run back to the barn. Roughly 250 miles of runnin a day at 10-11 hours

9 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Yup, for about 23 years now 

I dont run OTR tho. I do what we in the industry in the US call “LTL”. Basically that’s multiple shipments from different shippers going to different customers on the wagon

Punch in, fire my horse up. Drive about a hundred miles... or 160 km for those of you in metric parts of the world 😁.... to the town I work. Make typically 15-20 deliveries until empty, do about 3-4 pickups and run back to the barn. Roughly 250 miles of runnin a day at 10-11 hours

That's neat. I never found the idea of spending 12 hours sitting in a truck all that appealing, myself, but that's just my lazy ass. It sounds like you enjoy what you do!

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sounds like you'll have a full schedule. Hope you all have fun 'round these parts!

Mm. The actual schedule will just be "see what we can do during the time we're there" but as far as places, we have a good lineup (no idea what the hell we'll do if we do have time to cross into Portugal/France tho, that's a whole other country. At least Gibraltar has literally one point of interest).

We do need one day to actually get used to the time difference tho. We're essentially traveling six hours into the future.

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

My reliable network of spies. Venezuela isn't done with Spain yet /s

40 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

He'll know I'm close by when he starts hearing 

37 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Vaya con dios

I’m skeered of air travel myself. Aint a place in the world I need to go I cant drive to. Easy since I drive for a living

Yeah I've always had that fear at some level. Just gotta remind myself it's way more likely that some lunatic shoots me than it is for a plane accident.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Until he is arrested.

You fool, you can't arrest an American on foreign soil. All I have to do is shout "SPAIN HAS OIL!"

40 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

dafuq????

25 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

what

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/column-us-supreme-court-shows-indifference-wrongful-convictions-2023-06-28/

"Land of the Free"

Edited by Armagon

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's neat. I never found the idea of spending 12 hours sitting in a truck all that appealing, myself, but that's just my lazy ass. It sounds like you enjoy what you do!

Yeah it aint for everybody, but I been doin it too long to hate it. It’s nothin for me to jump in my pickup and drive 900 miles to Florida. Done it before 😎

Plus we got the loading and unloading every so often, and that can get kinda adventurous at times

Not a bad way to make a decent living for those of us who are kinda anti-social