• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Spoiler

Going back to Quetzal's comment, at this time she's just a regular freedom fighter heading a peasant rebellion against an oppresive regime. Nothing more. There's a different vibe from the rest, which is what Quetzal was talking about.

...Perhaps all these shenanigans will be the "let's see how they ruin it" part lol

Spoiler

Quetzal when Micaiah's bloodline is revealed and he gets flashbacks to SoV

d69.jpg

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Going back to Quetzal's comment, at this time she's just a regular freedom fighter heading a peasant rebellion against an oppresive regime. Nothing more. There's a different vibe from the rest, which is what Quetzal was talking about.

...Perhaps all these shenanigans will be the "let's see how they ruin it" part lol

Spoiler

Same way Alm and Ike were also just "regular" people leading villagers/mercs against oppressive regimes...?

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

Regular?

Miccy?

Spoiler

You know what I mean. Not talking about the power levels here.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  Hide contents

Quetzal when Micaiah's bloodline is revealed and he gets flashbacks to SoV

d69.jpg

He really should get around to playing Berwick Saga. Reese's simultaneously a blue-blood and also the most insignificant, ordinary protagonist out of all these games.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Same way Alm and Ike were also just "regular" people leading villagers/mercs against oppressive regimes...?

More or less, yes.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
  Hide contents

Even then, she was hailed as a Saintess ya know

Spoiler

That was like, an expression of admiration though. People looked to her like that because she was the only one saving them from Begnion's shit, they didn't actually think/know she was an actual figure of religious significance. It's like if I tell someone they're a god at videogame X or whatever, doesn't mean I'm about to open a church in their name lol

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gimme a J, gimme an A, gimme a P, gimme an A, gimme an N! J-A-P-A-N! What's it spell?!

Lack of restraint. That's what it spells.

In other shocking news water is wet and the sun came up this morning.

Yeah, ultimately, I'm gonna say I don't get how it can give different vibes. Unless it is the whole

Spoiler

Looks normal but has these inexplicable powers so she's not really someone normal

bit, which is different, admittedly.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

That was like, an expression of admiration though. People looked to her like that because she was the only one saving them from Begnion's shit, they didn't actually think/know she was an actual figure of religious significance. It's like if I tell someone they're a god at videogame X or whatever, doesn't mean I'm about to open a church in their name lol

Spoiler

Micaiah has openly shown her powers like Sacrifice. The people know about them. That's why they venerate her, in addition to the whole rebel bit.

Spoiler

Nice to see Ninty hasn't taken these and related vids down yet, even if the live performances themselves have been scrubbed from the web. You've messed up when you've gotten even me disgruntled, Big N.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, ultimately, I'm gonna say I don't get how it can give different vibes. Unless it is the whole

Hide contents

Looks normal but has these inexplicable powers so she's not really someone normal

bit, which is different, admittedly.

No, not really, it's the scale and goal of the Dawn Brigade. They don't want to reclaim the country from their conquerors for their liege that leads them like most FE armies, they just want to oppose them so they stop oppressing the people of Daein. It's simple as that. Maybe I'm just explaining myself poorly.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

No, not really, it's the scale and goal of the Dawn Brigade. They don't want to reclaim the country from their conquerors for their liege that leads them like most FE armies, they just want to oppose them so they stop oppressing the people of Daein. It's simple as that. Maybe I'm just explaining myself poorly.

That's Alm and Ram Villagers with Desiax, pretty much.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

That's Alm and Ram Villagers with Desiax, pretty much.

Yeah, and nobody else lol, it's not the norm for FE. Besides, did Quetzal play Echoes? I don't remember right now.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, and nobody else lol, it's not the norm for FE. Besides, did Quetzal play Echoes? I don't remember right now.

Spoiler

Well, we know the disappointment will come once Pelleas enters the pictures and it become Standard FE fare.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Well, we know the disappointment will come once Pelleas enters the pictures and it become Standard FE fare.

Yes, basically.

Spoiler

I do have a soft spot for Pelleas and his tragic, tragic life, but Quetzal's going to have zero sympathy for him lol

Oh yeah, there's something that @GuardianSing should know, unless it's already known.

As you read the dialogue, keep in mind you're only reading a trimmed down version of the script. You see, the developers had the "brilliant" idea of only letting you see the full script if you were playing the higher difficulty levels. Because they thought that players would not care much for the story. Or something like that. So about 15% of the script is missing in Easy/Normal... and then localization had the also "brilliant" idea of only translating this version of the script, leaving the Hard/Maniac full version... untranslated and unavailable in English.

The missing portion do include certain vital details which clarify certain things about some things as you play, so... yeah.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, I see. You're going to play Ber--

Man when I finally play that game it's really going to be something.

I planned to play it after I'm done with most of the Fire Emblem games but my plans always have a way of going astray so it could happen sooner rather than later if I feel up it.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I forgot, but I suppose you have finished PoR already... right?

So is that a no to playing PoR?

I played PoR at the tail end of last year if you recall, after that I played Three Houses, took an FE break, and am back again with Radiant Dawn.

I mean, this is a sequel. Disrupting happy endings is what they do most of the time.

I was expecting a much longer timeskip with the plot surrounding some unrelated new conflict but this was a pleasant surprise.

Rhymes with Eisenhower

Crimson Flower

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yeah, there's something that @GuardianSing should know, unless it's already known.

As you read the dialogue, keep in mind you're only reading a trimmed down version of the script. You see, the developers had the "brilliant" idea of only letting you see the full script if you were playing the higher difficulty levels. Because they thought that players would not care much for the story. Or something like that. So about 15% of the script is missing in Easy/Normal... and then localization had the also "brilliant" idea of only translating this version of the script, leaving the Hard/Maniac full version... untranslated and unavailable in English.

The missing portion do include certain vital details which clarify certain things about some things as you play, so... yeah.

...Huh

Yeah I don't have any words that's just... what the fuck.

Edited by GuardianSing

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

I played PoR at the tail end of last year if you recall, after that I played Three Houses, took an FE break, and am back again with Radiant Dawn.

Ah, I see.

I was expecting a much longer timeskip with the plot surrounding some unrelated new conflict but this was a pleasant surprise.

To wit, in Mystery of the Emblem, it was only two years.

...Huh

Yeah I don't have any words that's just... what the fuck.

Found the interview talking about it.

Page 2 - Serenes Forest

Hard mode has more dialogue scenes for you to enjoy

─Are there any differences in the scenario between the Normal and Hard modes?

Editor’s note 1: The difficulty modes are labelled differently between the Japanese and Western releases of Radiant Dawn. In the Japanese version, the difficulty modes are named Normal, Hard and Maniac, while they are known as Easy, Normal and Hard in the Western releases.

Maeda: It’s not that they are different. Perhaps Fire Emblem enthusiasts would enjoy a long and deep scenario, but for more casual gamers this can make it harder to get into the game. On the other hand, fans of the series may feel unsatisfied with a lighter and shorter story. Therefore, we’ve modified the dialogue scenes to be a bit longer for the Hard Mode and a bit shorter on Normal.

Editor’s note 2: The dialogue differences are only present in the Japanese version of the game. In the Western releases, all three modes have the same dialogue, taken from the slightly shorter Japanese Normal Mode.

Tawara: Just so there’s no misunderstanding, the number of maps is still the same in Normal Mode.

Yamagami: The maps, the characters and the story are all the same.

Tawara: Although, of course to change the difficulty level, the number of enemies that appear in each map is different. The amount of dialogue between the modes has been changed in the same way. On Normal the dialogue scenes are put together more compactly. If there are about, let’s say, a 100 dialogue scenes on the Hard Mode, on Normal, it’s about 50-60% of that.

Editor’s note 3: Tawara’s estimate is perhaps a bit of an exaggeration. From translating the Japanese Hard mode dialogue, I’d say 80-90% is a more conservative estimate.

Yamagami: Other than the dialogue scenes, which are integral to advancing the plot, there are also other scenes that, for example, reveal the kind of connection two characters have with each other. While these kind of scenes may be highly enjoyable for the Fire Emblem enthusiasts, for new players they might seem completely unnecessary, having no effect on how much they will enjoy the game.

In other words, by taking out the scenes concentrating on character building, we hope that players new to the series will be able enjoy the game more by just concentrating on the main story. We’ve heard from the more casual players that the storyline was too hard to follow in our previous games, so we’ve thought out this new structure and have found it to be the best solution to this problem.

We hope that each player will enjoy the game on the mode that suits them the best. If a player tries the Normal Mode, and finds the strategy aspect of the game to be lacking a bit, they can just try the game again on Hard. And should you find Hard Mode to be a bit too much for you, because the core story is the same, you can play on Normal Mode just as well.

So, yep.

This approach may also indicate why support conversations were also gutted in RD, as you will soon discover.

28 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Man when I finally play that game it's really going to be something.

A thing, to be sure.

28 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I planned to play it after I'm done with most of the Fire Emblem games but my plans always have a way of going astray so it could happen sooner rather than later if I feel up it.

You do it when you feel the time is right, but it would help if that time was tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Why are you worrying? I suck at this, remember?

Hey, not entirely. I mean, you got me to try SRW. It's not your fault I bounced off ultra hard an hour later lol