• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

I believe if posted something about Trails having way too long endgame dungeons just a bit ago, did i not?

I think? Admittedly I can't recall.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

And they both seem like bad horses considering they’re spotted and not solid color, which the tutorial girl implies is a worse horse (I mean I’m assuming my first one is spotted cause I named them Spot, which it actually would have been really funny if me from a few years ago named a solid colored horse Spot), so rip.

You can upgrade them.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

There are seemingly a lot of presumably missable main quests.

Missable in the sense you can do them without actually triggering the quest. Speaking of, i'm actually gonna redirect you to the Great Plateau for this. The quest for it doesn't open until later but you can do it now. Just jump down into any of the chasms there and head for where the Temple of Time would be located. You'll want to do this earlier rather than later, you'll see why.

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Hooray open world (help I started either the express goal of completing three specific shrines, I played for three hours and I only did one of them, also it’s 1 am).

Tears of the Kingdom moment. There is a staggering amount of things to do in this game, it's so easy to get distracted. I didn't feel this way with Breath of the Wild.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So yeah. I don't believe gatekeeping is a necessary evil, I in fact think gatekeeping's wrong. Let people try out whatever they like, and if they don't like it, that's too bad. When and if they end up being dicks to someone for it, then it's wrong, but not before.

It ends up varying circumstances because there are people who get into thing and then demand thing be changed to suit them. Or make bad faith arguments. Or are just bigots. But you can't tell what's gonna happen before so i presume the gatekeeping comes after the fact. Unless they are bigots. Bigots need to be kept out of thing.

Retcons, when done right, can be very good and lead to interesting development.

This is not one of those cases. I tapped out of the MCU a while back but this like the dumbest shit i've seen in a long time. 

Honestly, when it's not a complete exaggeration that the alt-right scene originated with gatekeepers gatekeeping the capital-G-Gaming scene from "normies" and feeeeemales, I have a very hard time entertaining the idea that harrassment and death threats are something that could've been prevented by more gatekeeping. Like, sure, you have assholes in basically any sufficiently large group of people, but for me it's not even debatable that you'll find the most toxicity in the gatekeeping, purist sections of fanbases.

I mean

Altrighters should be gatekept as well 

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It ends up varying circumstances because there are people who get into thing and then demand thing be changed to suit them. Or make bad faith arguments. Or are just bigots. But you can't tell what's gonna happen before so i presume the gatekeeping comes after the fact. Unless they are bigots. Bigots need to be kept out of thing.

+1

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The weird thing is when altrighters become fans of things that call them out. Like they think the call outs don't apply to them.

Literally most people when in an argument. XD

53 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It ends up varying circumstances because there are people who get into thing and then demand thing be changed to suit them. Or make bad faith arguments. Or are just bigots. But you can't tell what's gonna happen before so i presume the gatekeeping comes after the fact.

Yeah that's kinda the issue with this whole gatekeeping thing. You can't see the future, you can't know who's going to be a dick, so you have to keep everyone from coming in. And leaving aside the fact that if you're successful enough you might get the thing to fail financially (thus no sequel, or worse - premature cancellation), there's the detail of... how do you do that? Do you relentlessly bully any newbie that you come upon until they run away? Needless to say, that turns you into the problem.

43 minutes ago, gnip said:

Honestly, when it's not a complete exaggeration that the alt-right scene originated with gatekeepers gatekeeping the capital-G-Gaming scene from "normies" and feeeeemales, I have a very hard time entertaining the idea that harrassment and death threats are something that could've been prevented by more gatekeeping. Like, sure, you have assholes in basically any sufficiently large group of people, but for me it's not even debatable that you'll find the most toxicity in the gatekeeping, purist sections of fanbases.

Aptly put. I agree with this.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah that's kinda the issue with this whole gatekeeping thing. You can't see the future, you can't know who's going to be a dick, so you have to keep everyone from coming in. And leaving aside the fact that if you're successful enough you might get the thing to fail financially (thus no sequel, or worse - premature cancellation), there's the detail of... how do you do that? Do you relentlessly bully any newbie that you come upon until they run away? Needless to say, that turns you into the problem

Yeah fair take. One i actually, despite my earlier comments, agree with.

However reality atm is that newbies, mostly normies, but also assholes alt-righters, ruin every fandom they get in. 

Altrighters complain about anything that's inclusive or in their words "woke", while normies complain about anything "weird"

And by complain i mean being toxic af, harassing, canceling, accusing, sending death theats and wishing suicide. 

It's sickening.

And honsetly it's not just fandoms but internet in general. 

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

You can upgrade them.

I was just gonna get new ones…

Missable in the sense you can do them without actually triggering the quest. Speaking of, i'm actually gonna redirect you to the Great Plateau for this. The quest for it doesn't open until later but you can do it now. Just jump down into any of the chasms there and head for where the Temple of Time would be located. You'll want to do this earlier rather than later, you'll see why.

Okay, thanks.

Tears of the Kingdom moment. There is a staggering amount of things to do in this game, it's so easy to get distracted. I didn't feel this way with Breath of the Wild.

Yeah, same.

50 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

while normies complain about anything "weird"

And by complain i mean being toxic af, harassing, canceling, accusing, sending death theats and wishing suicide. 

Wouldn’t it also hurt fandoms to gatekeep all new people as a result of this? Like hooray no death threats but only because no one is reading/watching/playing whatever. But more exposure could lead to more content and presumably the creators want people to engage with their work. Obviously they don’t want death threats, but would they really want their stuff gatekept?

16 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

image.png

I mean, I have a PS4, so I'm set anyway

15 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Trails in the Sky actually first released in 2004, unless you're talking about a different game.

More like Falcom is so behind other Devs they use 90's tropes in 00's games

and 00's tropes in 10's games

and 10's tropes in 20's games

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do choices also not carry on to the sequel, then?

Choices do carry on, but you can have different worldstates.

Spoiler

If Alistair is King or dead, another character will take his place, like Loghain (if he's alive) or Stroud (a character from Dragon Age 2).

13 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

More like Falcom is so behind other Devs they use 90's tropes in 00's games

and 00's tropes in 10's games

and 10's tropes in 20's games

Reveal hidden contents

If Alistair is King or dead, another character will take his place, like Loghain (if he's alive) or Stroud (a character from Dragon Age 2).

Falcom? They cast their writers into the abyss ages ago if Shrimp-kun is to be believed

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I was just gonna get new ones…

Alternatively you could build a car.

39 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wouldn’t it also hurt fandoms to gatekeep all new people as a result of this? Like hooray no death threats but only because no one is reading/watching/playing whatever. But more exposure could lead to more content and presumably the creators want people to engage with their work. Obviously they don’t want death threats, but would they really want their stuff gatekept?

This is why it's after the fact.

Of course some communities now are impossible to interact with. My Hero Academia fandom is 90% yaoi shippers who will kill you if you dare to disagree. They'll sexualize the male characters while also getting on Horikoshi's ass for sexualizing the female characters.

Like here's an exhibit of why gatekeeping after the fact should be done to some degree

F106hZKWAAERqmS?format=jpg&name=medium

you get incredibly dumb shit like this that is often not only blatantly false but they think it's right. "They whitewashed character" when it's often just lighting. This character is already white to begin with so it's just extra weird now.

EwdG4w9WEAEz96M.jpg