Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

like how the game suggests resetting and summoning again if you don't like who you get

You cant actually do this if you get the orb and then save after, you need to reset before you got it, despite what the game tells you.

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'd say, I already had that in mind before answering that survey, but I do wonder just how an Another Eden collaboration with Fire Emblem could go. I'd guess it will be done like the Tales collaborations, where it'd be with multiple games, unlike single cases like Persona 5 or Chrono Cross. Or they just choose Heroes exclusively since fellow mobile game. Hmm...

A bazaar feature that (permanently?) adds anything you sell to the other shops in quantities of 10 with 10 restocking per week? Excellent addition. The game even tells you to use it to load up on materials/items that you intend to use a lot of.

Also, playable guest characters are a thing. And the little plot of the fourth chapter had absolutely no involvement from the other group, so they're not always interacting.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Stamina is really annoying tho, can't run 3 seconds without having to slow down - As a Ys player, this is really annoying lol

To add on to what Armagon said, focusing on Stamina isn't a bad idea. Picking up a few early Hearts is fine, but I feel like it's something of a noob trap to think Life >>>>> Vigor. Felt like that on my unfinished second playthrough of the game.

BotW can kill you very easily early on anyhow, a Heart or two doesn't make a huge difference, getting better armor and upgrading it has a bigger impact I think. Plus, you're a Ys masochist, you simply don't get hit.

-But I'm not exactly knowledgeable on BotW. I never did any of the Divine Beasts, nor spoke with Impa.

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, I already had that in mind before answering that survey, but I do wonder just how an Another Eden collaboration with Fire Emblem could go. I'd guess it will be done like the Tales collaborations, where it'd be with multiple games, unlike single cases like Persona 5 or Chrono Cross. Or they just choose Heroes exclusively since fellow mobile game. Hmm...

I know Nintendo isn't totally opposed to lending its IPs to another company, but the realistic odds of this even happening?

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know Nintendo isn't totally opposed to lending its IPs to another company, but the realistic odds of this even happening?

If they even ask for it to be limited-time or paid? Probably a fat zero. The Another Eden devs have admitted doing collabs is hard because they want for them to be permanent content, and accessible without pay (the collaboration characters aren't part of the Gacha pool, for example), so finding a company willing to accept those terms is hard. With Chrono Cross was the only time they relented (though they still got a decent deal of lasting for five years) because they really really wanted to do it. AE is the spiritual successor of the Chrono series after all (with some of the same guys behind it like Masato Kato and Yasunori Mitsuda, and many of the devs being fans of Chrono since they were kids), but I doubt they would do this for any other (unless they convince SE to let them use Chrono Trigger too, I suppose).

That said, perhaps there is hope that the survey actually gave a list of options, since it could mean a deal with any of them could be possible. Or at least, the devs might think so, or would be willing to try.

And so I wonder...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I have to call it Soccer

Call it footsoccerball vs handegg, make sure to annoy everybody who fuckin' cares about it.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

>Trump supports doxed one of the grand juries that indicted him

The “law and order party” bruh.

The basic tenet of conservatism: "There should be strict rules that everybody else ought to obey."

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, the one I never got because I didn't bother with the DLC. Oh well.

Time to replay the game, I'm sure there's one or two war crimes left that you haven't committed yet

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Supposedly, Football comes from the fact it's played on foot, not with the feet.

Doesn't excuse calling our footbal sucker, though.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

"British university students in the late 19th century nicknamed it “soccer”, a twist on the second syllable of “association”.

It's not our fault!

Oohhh.

...Well, you still appropriated the correct term and shackled us with the nickname. I say you guys keep both types of football and I get to not have to hear about men kicking balls on national news for a couple months.

11 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Excited chatty commentators belong to sports imo

Spanish and arab football ones are always hype due to that regard, ours tend to be on the quiet side

GOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

They cream their pants over those gols every single time.

10 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I thought you were Spanish Rubenio, not Cimmerian. 

What's that got to do with anything, Wraith'

10 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Ugh... Summer is the only time I get any peace from the damn monday morning quarterbacks at work

Where I was raised we live in a small town and pretty isolated at that, so neighbors are not a problem. The problem's going to be if the football season starts when I'm living at my apartment at the city and working. Then I'm going to have to pray my neighbors don't start bringing down the walls with the noise.

8 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Link became sail

m5iydfr0xn811.jpg

mMb7wmXK_o.png

3 hours ago, gnip said:

Time to replay the game, I'm sure there's one or two war crimes left that you haven't committed yet

I did have Jowan save the kid. I'm still deeply ashamed of that.

3 hours ago, gnip said:

Call it footsoccerball vs handegg

I support this.

13 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Oh nothing much Conan. It just tells me how you view civilization that’s all.

Typical arrogant American. Be careful you don't break a leg, pal.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, you still appropriated the correct term and shackled us with the nickname

"The exact etymology of the word “football” is slightly unclear, but many historians say the term dates back to the late Middle Ages, when it was used to refer to any sport that was played on foot, as opposed to sports played on horseback. Over centuries, it came to be associated with different kicking games played throughout the U.K., the rules of which were eventually combined and standardized to form football (or soccer, as it became known in the U.S.) in the mid-19th century.

Around the same time, rugby — or rugby football — began developing in and around England. Though similar to soccer in that it required a team to advance a ball toward its opponents’ goal, it differed in that players could pick up the ball and run it down the field.

Over the next decades, American universities began playing their own early forms of football using rules derived from both rugby (rugby football) and association football (the sport that came to be known as soccer). And by the turn of the century, American games of football had evolved and adopted so many new rules that they barely resembled U.K. football."

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A bazaar feature that (permanently?) adds anything you sell to the other shops in quantities of 10 with 10 restocking per week? Excellent addition. The game even tells you to use it to load up on materials/items that you intend to use a lot of.

Oh is this where the Wholesale feature originated? In a few of the modern games, you could register certain items at a specific shop so that you can be buying them back later. Traits that lower gold cost are good for this.

Other games have item duplication mechanics, whether it involves using materials you already have to make them or simply duplicating the item outright. For a cost of course (whether it's gold or something else depends).

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

BotW can kill you very easily early on anyhow, a Heart or two doesn't make a huge difference, getting better armor and upgrading it has a bigger impact I think

BotW/TotK are noticably tougher games, at least early on, than their predecessors. Even the scariest enemies in previous games would do like, a heart of damage maybe?

Edit: the 2D games did have enemies gang up on you so that adds up.

Edited by Armagon

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"The exact etymology of the word “football” is slightly unclear, but many historians say the term dates back to the late Middle Ages, when it was used to refer to any sport that was played on foot, as opposed to sports played on horseback. Over centuries, it came to be associated with different kicking games played throughout the U.K., the rules of which were eventually combined and standardized to form football (or soccer, as it became known in the U.S.) in the mid-19th century.

Around the same time, rugby — or rugby football — began developing in and around England. Though similar to soccer in that it required a team to advance a ball toward its opponents’ goal, it differed in that players could pick up the ball and run it down the field.

Over the next decades, American universities began playing their own early forms of football using rules derived from both rugby (rugby football) and association football (the sport that came to be known as soccer). And by the turn of the century, American games of football had evolved and adopted so many new rules that they barely resembled U.K. football."

I insist, take it. Take the football, the soccer, all of 'em.

Having to grind shares and lily ranks is brutal though i'm glad they lowered the requirements from the OG version of the game. XD basically maxed lily ranks was kinda insane sounding. XD

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Wait didn't you play it before?

nope, have been lazying on it until yesterday at midnight i went "fuck it i want adventure now".

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

>Trump supports doxed one of the grand juries that indicted him

The “law and order party” bruh.

alt right and projection, name a more iconic duo

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Plus, you're a Ys masochist, you simply don't get hit.

Link is slower than Adol tho

If conversations in FE6 are a bit too long, the game abruptly ends them. This is okay for most cutscenes, since they are never long enough, but the conversations I wrote as a replacement of sorts for supports? Not so much. So I have to go over all of them, check which ones go on for too long, and somehow reduce the line count.

FE6.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If conversations in FE6 are a bit too long, the game abruptly ends them. This is okay for most cutscenes, since they are never long enough, but the conversations I wrote as a replacement of sorts for supports? Not so much. So I have to go over all of them, check which ones go on for too long, and somehow reduce the line count.

FE6.

Thats really strange, but im not surprised either. The game does feel... Rushed, so to speak.

8 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Thats really strange

It is, but it happens. It's consistent, too. I've tried different conversations, different text scroll speeds, running other conversations after... It just breaks if any one, specific conversation goes on too long, and if I shorten it it breaks closer and closer to the end until it doesn't break. That's it. At least that's a simple fix...

Edited by Saint Rubenio