Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Did you know Neo France is a monarchy, complete with their princess being named Marie Antoinette?

Princess Marie Antoinette finding out what happened to her namesake

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I have no cause to argue with you there. More games need to make me google words while playing them. It's a great time.

Then Legacy of Kain awaits you Rubenio:

They have my address on file from when I was like 10. Well that explains why I don’t remember, although I’m really curious what the hell I or someone else in the family was doing then. I’ll ask.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20230827_080900909287530929518635.jp

Crisis averted everyone.

👏

...Sayeth the person who hasn't played a single modern game in the franchise.😆

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Did you know Neo France is a monarchy, complete with their princess being named Marie Antoinette?

🤦‍♀️ She was Austrian. And she didn't exactly love the ways of the French court, too public and not enough privacy compared to the Habsburg court of her upbringing.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, no, my mistake. It's Marie Louise. Named after:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Marie_Louise_of_Schleswig-Holstein

So wrong princess.

Better.

But why a granddaughter of Victoria? *Checks the disambiguation page*

Maybe the two daughters of Louis XV make more sense for a namesake. Or Napoleon's second wife.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, whenever the final battle with the Anti-Spiral has been used (Z3 Jigoku-Hen and X), everybody else's mechs also grow infinity sized.

Of course, it's more hilarious when you consider this:

Shame Gurren Lagann didn't show up in 30, then we really could've had Daizengar.

And thank you for explaining how fighting that multiverse-sized thing is possible for everyone else.

20230827105501_1.jpg

I'm like Poland but Russia

17 hours ago, Armagon said:

What if you do the switcheroo and colonize Europe?

Eh, that's a fun alternate history thing to think of but I'd rather just try and repel Europe and see how the alternate history plays out in an Americas with no or at least not as much European Influence.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

🤦‍♀️ She was Austrian. And she didn't exactly love the ways of the French court, too public and not enough privacy compared to the Habsburg court of her upbringing.

Well, even if that had been her name, it's not like G Gundam goes for that kind of accuracy. Antoinette is more known for her role in France, after all.

Better.

But why a granddaughter of Victoria? *Checks the disambiguation page*

Maybe the two daughters of Louis XV make more sense for a namesake. Or Napoleon's second wife.

Admittedly, I don't know.

Shame Gurren Lagann didn't show up in 30, then we really could've had Daizengar.

And thank you for explaining how fighting that multiverse-sized thing is possible for everyone else.

Hahaha, perhaps.

Of course they wouldn't miss out on the fun. XD

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Admittedly, I might be serious. I feel I can't continue with Atelier Rorona right now, so I might put it to rest for a bit and finish it eight years later like Trails FC, and play something else in the meantime. 

Well, if you do, have fun.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Random thought, you know how Shadow Dragon's prologue has that weird "disguise a character as Marth" thing?

What if... you can fill in the rest.😜

Gordin: Exists

Marth: Feather o'er the battlefield...

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh wait... it'd actually be befitting b/c of those annoying gaiden requirements.

Horace: "Now that I have joined the Altean Army, perhaps I can begin to redeem myself for my many mistakes.

...Hold on, where is everyone? Lord Marth, your army appears awfully understaff--"

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Then Legacy of Kain awaits you Rubenio

I won't lie, that seems extremely cheesy. Fire lines, though.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

They have my address on file from when I was like 10. Well that explains why I don’t remember, although I’m really curious what the hell I or someone else in the family was doing then. I’ll ask.

I doubt you did anything at 10 lol. Ask your family?

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

alternate history plays out in an Americas with no or at least not as much European Influence

Of course this is continuing off a scenario where the Reconquista failed so it's purely speculative for this video.

Incidentally @Sooks You're on MelonDS, right?

ass.png

You can make Covenant look very crispy with these video settings. Maybe a lower internal resolution. MelonDS is not very demanding, but that might make it chug a little. 16x is way overkill, anyway. The difference is nigh undiscernible past like, 8x.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gordin: Exists

Horace: "Now that I have joined the Altean Army, perhaps I can begin to redeem myself for my many mistakes.

...Hold on, where is everyone? Lord Marth, your army appears awfully understaff--"

Now take this picture:

vero on Twitter | Fire emblem heroes, Fire emblem characters, Fire emblem

And change that dialogue. You know you want to...

The next battle of chapter 2 done. Keeping Dalia alive is insanely hard, but luckily dash is an insanely good skill (which I proceeded to buy for everyone after the battle). This map is pretty much screaming at you to use heal on her while you make your way up but uh… uh… yeah I so almost had to plume Cheripha. Almost. But through clever use of dash, another tactic I forgot the name of, and the fact that revival items spawn characters right next to whoever revived them I was able to save her just in time and nuke Horague or whatever his name is from existence (rip Horague btw). With the time pressure alleviated early, I was able to easily maneuver myself to get a ton of sun while also experimenting with what actually makes the red gems drops. Cause somehow I’m sometimes getting a combo between Cheripha and Earnest that drops them but usually not and knocking people out of the sky with Wyl isn’t working.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Perfection.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I doubt you did anything at 10 lol. Ask your family?

That’s who I’m asking.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally @Sooks You're on MelonDS, right?

ass.png

You can make Covenant look very crispy with these video settings. Maybe a lower internal resolution. MelonDS is not very demanding, but that might make it chug a little. 16x is way overkill, anyway. The difference is nigh undiscernible past like, 8x.

DeSmuME.

Incidentally I’m curious, when you played this the first time did you make yourself use the plume whenever you made a mistake or if you realized whatever you did was completely avoidable did you reset?

Just now, Sooks said:

The next battle of chapter 2 done. Keeping Dalia alive is insanely hard, but luckily dash is an insanely good skill

...Dalia?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

yeah I so almost had to plume Cheripha. Almost. But through clever use of dash, another tactic I forgot the name of, and the fact that revival items spawn characters right next to whoever revived them I was able to save her just in time and nuke Horague or whatever his name is from existence (rip Horague btw).

Not bad! I got through chapter 2 with only one sacrifice my first time, as well.

Also his name is Heugoe, get it right. It's literally just Hugo but with extra pedantics.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

DeSmuME.

Ah, all right.

Incidentally I’m curious, when you played this the first time did you make yourself use the plume whenever you made a mistake or if you realized whatever you did was completely avoidable did you reset?

I only resetted if everyone/Wyl died and I couldn't bring them back. But the game has no shortage of ball-crushing scenarios, especially when you're still learning the ropes and aren't very good at getting sin. Most notably, my final sacrifice of my first run came about when I accidentally killed the boss in a "kill boss" map. Didn't realize they were the boss. A child sacrifice was necessary to salvage the run on the following map...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Dalia?

They both end with alia so I was onto something here.

Not bad! I got through chapter 2 with only one sacrifice my first time, as well.

So did you sacrifice the blonde dude or not?

Heugoe

Lol, I need to get better with these names.

I only resetted if everyone/Wyl died and I couldn't bring them back.

Well then again, I was actually getting gameovers on this map so I guess it counts.

A child sacrifice was necessary to salvage the run on the following map...

Did a realmwalker show up?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

They both end with alia so I was onto something here.

She's just Spanish, c'mon man. It's not that exotic.

...Wait, it just hit me. Her class is rogue. Enemy rogues are named queenpins, which, like kingpin, means the leader of a criminal organization. Their male counterpart? They're called brigands.

Even in Covenant of the Plume, they made the brigand Spanish! Incredible!

So did you sacrifice the blonde dude or not?

Who, Lockswell? I believe I sacrificed Cheripha first. He went down... later.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Lol, I need to get better with these names.

There's a character down the line you might relate to, the way things are going

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did a realmwalker show up?

I killed the boss second. 125 sin out of 300 lol, damn right a realmstalker showed up.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She's just Spanish, c'mon man. It's not that exotic.

But the cutscenes are like 2 minutes long.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who, Lockswell? I believe I sacrificed Cheripha first. He went down... later.

No, Hugo but fancy, the one who you picked that path for.

Just now, Sooks said:

But the cutscenes are like 2 minutes long.

So basically, you're "Ruben don't like read" but in reverse. Can't get into characters unless the game demands 60 hours of your time to introduce you to their eating habits first. Tsk tsk... Where's my plume?

Just now, Sooks said:

No, Hugo but fancy, the one who you picked that path for.

Oh, of course.

...Are you mad?! He was my favorite character until my other favorite characters joined and I created a whole team of favorite characters! And Wylfred. No way I was going to sacrifice him! In fact, I managed to sacrifice everyone I had available to me, except the three people I really liked. How's that for a perfect ending?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So basically, you're "Ruben don't like read" but in reverse. Can't get into characters unless the game demands 60 hours of your time to introduce you to their eating habits first. Tsk tsk... Where's my plume?

Noooo it’s just that I read their names like twice and only vaguely remember the phonetic structure, not that, anything but that

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Are you mad?! He was my favorite character until my other favorite characters joined and I created a whole team of favorite characters! And Wylfred. No way I was going to sacrifice him! In fact, I managed to sacrifice everyone I had available to me, except the three people I really liked. How's that for a perfect ending?

Sometimes unfortunate moments do happen tho. I thought Lockwell was cool but…

Anyway lucky you. I do only hope I can avoid sacrificing my 3 favorite characters.

Just now, Sooks said:

Noooo it’s just that I read their names like twice and only vaguely remember the phonetic structure, not that, anything but that

Too late. If death you seek then death you'll have!

Just now, Sooks said:

Sometimes unfortunate moments do happen tho. I thought Lockwell was cool but…

Oh, don't get me wrong. This isn't the typical "Ruben hates pixels" game. I actually love almost all of this game's cast, and the ones I'm not so fond of is primarily because they're a bit... saccharine by this game's standards (for reference, Earnest is one of them, I still like him well enough, he's just a wee bit boring). And one guy I'd probably like a lot more if he didn't get screwed over by the route system lol

Among those I had in run 1, however, there were three who rose far above the rest. Heugoe was one of them. The other two will be immediately obvious the second you see them.

Just now, Sooks said:

Anyway lucky you. I do only hope I can avoid sacrificing my 3 favorite characters.

We shall see.

More postgame shenanigans in spoilers to avoid... basically just character spoilers for Sooks.

Spoiler

pQL1tS6h_o.png

That battle got... weird, on lap 4.

Well, that's the family trip done, at any rate. That was fun, the Haughs are all great units. They synergize in great ways - Auguste's launcher is the perfect set-up for Valmur's rain of arrows or Phiona's wide sword swings, and Reinhilde brings the raw power that her son lacks.

I've been finding that, for some reason, it seems enemies really, really like going after certain members of the team. In this case, it's Valmur. They go after Valmur more than they go after any other Haughn. Even magical enemies, despite Valmur not having the lowest RST in the team. That man can't catch a break.

It's not as hilarious as it was last run, though. In that one, when they had the opportunity, everyone always, without fail would go after Langrey. Even when Fauxnel was also in range, they would go after Langrey. Langrey is so punchable, he beats Fauxnel. Amazing.

I should probably find a different game to play, but as long as I'm here... I think the next team to tackle the Gate's going to be Gwendal, Heugoe, Natalia and... someone. Haven't decided on the fourth one yet. Maybe Cheripha, so I have an archer?