Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That said, once Trump finally died, I think the severity will also die. He's the head of the cult and the snake can't operate without his head. And as much as DeSantis wants to be the next Trump, he won't be.

I fear it will be more like a headless chicken. Running around aimlessly until the next head is attached. Trump is a symptom, after all, not the source.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

He's just pretty charismatic, smart and looks cool af. The Tears help him alot, too

Every Ganondorf design is a banger and his characterization is always great. Even when he has no business being in the story (Twilight Princess), he's still very fun to see.

TotK Ganondorf is my favorite version cause the presentation really knocks it out of the park with him.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I fear it will be more like a headless chicken. Running around aimlessly until the next head is attached. Trump is a symptom, after all, not the source.

Well yes but I think it might take a while before the next replacement comes. I mean, the Right here is actually getting desperate, they know that it's only a matter of time before they fall apart for good (this version of the Right, the Right will obviously never go away in any era).

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well yes but I think it might take a while before the next replacement comes. I mean, the Right here is actually getting desperate, they know that it's only a matter of time before they fall apart for good (this version of the Right, the Right will obviously never go away in any era).

Perhaps in some time past, but nowadays, with how easy it is to reach out to millions of people at the same time thanks to mass communication devices, like the Internet, it's much easier. You think something like January 6 could've happened as easily even fifty years ago?

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ganondorf-zelda.gif

Yeah, yeah, I know it's never happening. I also know it would be a net benefit for the fans. Far simpler game preservation, and performance gets to be a lot better than with Ninty's shitty-ass hardware. Heck, the devs too. You know how Kid Icarus: Uprising could have been a truly timeless classic? If it was on PC, with normal shooter controls, so people could play it after the 3DS was discontinued.

Alas, Nintendo are too interested in forcing everyone to buy their 400$ plastic paperweights. And I can't blame them, it gets them more money.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Especially with the whole world moving to the fucking extreme right. Trump alone being gone won't help.

Europe is just running straight into a wall and it fucking scares me

PGPM1Rir_o.png

DpjYDv46_o.gif

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm afraid too, but dammit it's something, I'll take it

53 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I suppose the old games are out of the running? I'm always gonna suggest Phantasia...

Actually I played Phantasia. GBA version considering it's like the only official English version out there, slowdown and terrible voice acting 'n all. I made it all the way to the final dungeon, actually grinded Cress to over level 100 IDK why. -But as with Symphonia, I strangely never pushed on to the final boss, and unlike Symphonia, where I did finally finish it eventually, a memory wipe happened so Phantasia likely won't ever be finished for me.

49 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

what are you in the mood for?

Anything that'll get me out of this resurgent dread, however briefly.

Although, maybe a JRPG wouldn't be ideal for that. -Although Re-Boot Camp has been a TBS that helped with keeping the funk below the water line, that isn't exactly breezy either.

I don't know what I truly want, I just want relief ATM. I see Berseria mentioned here, I have two unplayed Tales on Steam, been a while since I played one or a full-length JRPG in general. Why not? But to say I have a burning desire for it? No. But if I don't play it b/c I feel like I can't play and have to resort to something lighter in my present state, then I'll criticize myself for that.

49 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

you're still young

You keep saying that, I wish I didn't keep not feeling it.😔 Every second that passes, gone forever.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And as much as DeSantis wants to be the next Trump, he won't be.

Have you partaken of any joy seeing him, after seeing months of talk of your governor being a real alternative, enter freefall in the polls unable to regain any lost ground?😛

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually I played Phantasia. GBA version considering it's like the only official English version out there, slowdown and terrible voice acting 'n all. I made it all the way to the final dungeon, actually grinded Cress to over level 100 IDK why. -But as with Symphonia, I strangely never pushed on to the final boss, and unlike Symphonia, where I did finally finish it eventually, a memory wipe happened so Phantasia likely won't ever be finished for me.

Maybe this could be a good chance to start over. I'd suggest the PSX version, as it's a different enough experience from the GBA version in terms of content and stuff. As the GBA one took out quite a few stuff, even if it added some of its own, but I wouldn't call it as 1:1 transition.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe this could be a good chance to start over. I'd suggest the PSX version, as it's a different enough experience from the GBA version in terms of content and stuff. As the GBA one took out quite a few stuff, even if it added some of its own, but I wouldn't call it as 1:1 transition.

I could consider it. -But I didn't love Phantasia, and since I've played it before, I think I'd rather do Berseria or Arise for now.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hmm. How about Zwei II? Game is pretty fun and funny.

That thing I think I've seen a few Falcom fans asking for a sequel to (although I think I've seen more comments thinking Falcom's next game announcement not Daybreak 3 will be a Tokyo Xanadu 2).

I'm not sure if I want to ask for a new game not on sale right now, after 9-5 and before 12-25, it's an awkward three-ish months for me. The thought of trying to get into premodern Ys did cross my mind though. And on the bright & happy side, I do have the Switch port of Kirby Returns to Dream Land newly obtained unplayed, and the Forgotten Land's postgame area untouched.

...I loathe myself for not being able to play something because of my mood. I feel like such an invalid for being unable to possibly do something ought to bring joy and having to resort to other things purely because of an irrational matter of the mind.😔 It feels like I'm on a medically-restricted diet or need to take medicine.  The more passive act of merely watching something? What? I don't really look around YouTube for stuff, and as for television, all I really watch is the news and a few other things (and I hate, hate, HATE all the life insurance commercials that come up!🙈🙉), none of it providing me that sweet, wonderful, senses-overwhelming noise I want. And so I've been staying up late in bed desperate for something to suppress the devouring thoughts, fearful of finally putting the computer down because I know then I'll be without something to try to distract the brain. The handful of video games soundtracks I would try using to ease my agony only serve to remind me I am in it. The mostly unserious thought of watching ani-me! popped into my skull earlier today, but only the heavens know what could possibly be enjoyable to this non-watcher of animation, or entertainment TV in general.

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That thing I think I've seen a few Falcom fans asking for a sequel to

all 5 of us!

'm not sure if I want to ask for a new game not on sale right now

So either on Sale or Emulation. JRPG, something bright?

496478133785198604.webp?size=128&quality

Hard bargain...

I feel like such an invalid for being unable to possibly do something ought to bring joy and having to resort to other things purely because of an irrational matter of the mind.

Me when work life takes all joy & will out of my life.

TotK is kinda helping with that tho

all I really watch is the news

maybe calm down with that a bit?

How about some anime? Should i suggest some? Or Manga

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Since I'm winding down with Trails into Reverie and Pikmin 4, I'm in the mood to get Tears of the Kingdom... soonish. I'm not sure when I'll decide to get it though perhaps after I actually get every character in Reverie, maybe.

7 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Got the Ace Attorney trilogy for PS4. Currently making my way through the first game.

Have fun with the lawyering experience.

"Proof enough for you, Mr. Sahwit? Or should I say... Mr. Did It!" -Phoenix Wright

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

When the weather's cloudy with a chance of Cruel Angel's Thesis.

Good to know that meteorologists will inform us of when an Angel shows up.

(Is she wearing a month-early Halloween costume, I wonder?)

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That thing I think I've seen a few Falcom fans asking for a sequel to (although I think I've seen more comments thinking Falcom's next game announcement not Daybreak 3 will be a Tokyo Xanadu 2).

That's because Falcom needs to continue the trend of releasing a Xanadu game every year that ends in a 5. Apparently there's some other stuff suggesting Tokyo Xanadu 2 will happen sooner or later, but I'm not an expert on that subject.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Perhaps in some time past, but nowadays, with how easy it is to reach out to millions of people at the same time thanks to mass communication devices, like the Internet, it's much easier.

It is much easier but it's also because a lot of it is very effective on the boomers....who are dying off.

Jan 6 happened because Trump was able to incite it from a protected position (at the time). Elon Musk wouldn't have the same effect, despite how many terminally online nerds simp over him.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Alas, Nintendo are too interested in forcing everyone to buy their 400$ plastic paperweights. And I can't blame them, it gets them more money

That's still less expensive than the high-end PCs, which you'd want to keep up with the latest releases.

The biggest problem for PC gaming will always be the huge barrier of entry. It's why VR is still a niche hobby.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

PGPM1Rir_o.png

DpjYDv46_o.gif

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm afraid too, but dammit it's something, I'll take it

Spain 🤝 UK

The only major European powers where the alt right just takes hit after hit.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

SJYkojQ.png

lmao

Found 06's favorite game.

33 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Good to know that meteorologists will inform us of when an Angel shows up.

(Is she wearing a month-early Halloween costume, I wonder?)

You know, I didn't thought about that. Looking up, apparently she is into cosplay in general. Guess she decided to do it during work for once, haha.

The original still goes hardest.

But I do appreciate the second Re-Boot remix not being stuck with that fuzzy GBA soundfont. Shame that for all the clarity and real instrumentation, they held back on the rawness.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

So either on Sale or Emulation. JRPG, something bright?

496478133785198604.webp?size=128&quality

Hard bargain...

Well, it's just between the passing of my bday and Christmas, it's like "Why buy anything new? Why wait until the next big gift-giving day, it isn't that far away".

-But then I don't like to ask for things in the first, and backlog. I can name two or three newly-released games that have already fallen into this 🎂-🎄 gap this year.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

maybe calm down with that a bit?

Politics-induced depression isn't a concern right now. About this time next year... 🗳️ 😨 (I literally struggled to sleep during for several nights during the 2020 election, I made posts here on SF in Serious Discussion while in such a tired state of mind).

My main problem with the news is that I haven't had any Late Show satire ever since the writer's strike began. Though now that the strike is seemingly over, that might be changing reaaaaaal soon. I need some laughs again.😀

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Me when work life takes all joy & will out of my life.

TotK is kinda helping with that tho

You absolutely have my sympathies.🙂

And we all need to be grateful for the things that can bring us relief.

...I watched a video a week ago on the history of lighthouse keepers. The profession had a reputation for madness.

• Part of which would've likely been owed to having to do everything from household chores to maintaining the lighthouse yourself. And keeping awake all hours of the night to keep the light lit and clear. I know you're a nightowl, but relatable at all?
  • Part of it would also have been owed to extreme loneliness, given most of lightkeepers either lived alone, or with only their wife & kids. And since they had to be back by night and didn't have fast modern transport, even those lucky enough to live close to a town would've spent weeks or months in isolation. Considering how rarely I leave the house (what? I don't drive still, don't have a job, don't have any daily interests that'd take me out of it), perhaps I live on a rocky outcrop battered by waves, despite appearing to reside in suburbia in a densely-populated state. It sure could be the reason I find sanity on SF, that makes me hesitate to get off the sight and actually play video games, is because it's basically my only point of human contact outside of the family I live with, as it has been since I got out of college. I'm so autistic I end up like this, but not so autistic as to avoid having feelings of loneliness.
  • And circa-late 1800s, a bit of lighthouse insanity may have come from one popular beacon design having the light rest on a pool of mercury for easing the light's rotation. A pool of mercury that would've been cleaned out often, with bare hands.
26 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

How about some anime? Should i suggest some? Or Manga

Thanks... but I play it so darn safe in my recreations.😆 I need to branch out more, but I never do. 

I don't don't know whether to answer yes or no. And if I answer yes, I'll probably end up not actually watching/reading any of it, because I'll hesitate over "is this really for me?".😆 And I ain't good with grabbing my head and dunking it under to get it wet.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The biggest problem for PC gaming will always be the huge barrier of entry. It's why VR is still a niche hobby.

I mean, when I checked two years ago, suggested entry-level gaming laptops were the ~$800 range, maybe 200 less, but that'd be pushing it. And the quality mid-tier gaming laptop I chose was like $1300 I think. Even at the entry level minimum for PC gaming, a Switch is half the price.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A dangopedia?🍡

Enjoy!😀

Haha, seems to be just a general encyclopedia for all your Japan understanding needs. Just, whimsically named due to something in-game related.

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

tumblr_phbuyeVZdM1ud78rmo1_r2_1280.jpg

------------

I do not see what others see in Velvet's character. "I want to murder Artorious!" Got old after the third chapter, honestly. I mean, I just dont understand the depth of her character. 

Ok so Spain trip finalized for real this time. We leave Saturday, arrive in Barcelona technically on Sunday morning. October 8-10th in Barcelona. On the 11th, we take a local flight to Vigo, where we'll spend the next couple days there and likely cross over into Portugal. On the 14th, we fly to Madrid where we'll spend the remainder of the trip until we fly back home on the 16th. 

Dad didn't tell me about Vigo and he claims the train ride takes longer (does it idk) so hitting up Bilbao, Valencia and Oviedo likely won't happen. Family members will come in to meet us at the specified cities anyways tho so we're still seeing them anyways.

I'll check out the beaches too. Not because i like beaches really but because i'll be able to see both the Mediterranean for the first time ever and the Atlantic from the other side.

Only thing i'm not looking forward to is the return trip. Because of time-zone fuckery, when we leave Madrid at noon and do that eight hour trip, we arrive home at.......2PM. Eight hours in two hours, my internal clock is going to be fighting for it's life. 

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So where does Ruben accosting you with a real Berwick Sign comes into play?

Me running around all of Spain looking for Ruben (i will give him a note that says "Berwick stinky" and watch as he breaks down).

the-flash-running-speed-force-city-road-

Edited by Armagon