Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Guess it's finally happening. McCarthy seems already on the way to be ousted as House Speaker.

Darned, I was about to write a haiku.๐Ÿ˜†

Warmth unnatural,

Dysfunctional sausage made,

Afar I watch, calmed.

...That'll have to do.๐Ÿ˜…

Seeing others engaged in earthly madness, while I partake of sunshine and fresh air doesn't solve everything for me, but I am finding it quite enjoyable.๐Ÿ˜†ย 

ย 

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2023-10-03-14-29-10-61_40deb4

Canada has officially gone too far.ย 

The wildfires are still happening?๐Ÿ˜ฎ I remember experiencing some of that months ago.

Hopefully it passes through quickly.

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Pretentious too. Bungie was hiding tweets of actual LGBT Latinos who were calling them out on their bullshit.

Yeesh. Admit you were wrong, not admitting you know nothing adds insult to injury.

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Save states?

I could -but again, the solar sensor patch was oddly not working either. I didn't have any issues when I did played the first game a few years ago. Maybe I'll give it another try tomorrow. -I kinda coincidentally depression-killjoy-snapped on someone about the same time Boktai issue revealed itself.๐Ÿ˜…

...Or Fall = harvest season = return to RF5!๐Ÿ˜€ย Pixel-bonding can be a good palliative for my funks (not perfect though, given I was staring at some new dakis a day or two ago and they weren't doing anything to help). And I actually stopped right before Fall began in that game. Maybe I could start it back up again tonight, provided my increased nighttime glum doesn't get in the way.

ย 

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's not a bad analogy. Different people, yet recognizable as a group. Though the difference between Sifu enemies tends to be more dramatic.

UWby1kCo_o.pngn3T3yTur_o.png

Check this out. Two different enemies from different stages, both the same enemy type. The difference is stark, and there are also males in this class, the only gender-locked classes are juggernauts who are always male, and flashkicks who are always female. And yet you can easily tell them apart in a crowd, primarily because these fuckers are always ripped and tower over everybody else, and they adopt a more kung-fu'ish pose than the other enemy types.

Great visual design. Ya love to see it.

Plenty o' devs' heart then. Never a bad thing.๐Ÿ˜€

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Sifu's starting to give me Mario vs Donkey Kong vibes from the sheer content escalation. Already in the base game, I beat it once, then the game told me I can now get achievements for points to buy modifiers, as well as a hint on how to get the good ending, then I did the high score challenge for a suit and the game subtly nudged me towards trying no-hitting stages by giving me an outfit that puts a hat on my head... Then I tried master difficulty.

And now for the arenas. Just when I got enough stamps (stars but more kung-fuy, I guess) from the challenges to unlock all the arenas, the game pops a window that says "okay you've now unlocked dragon challenges." I have no idea what those even are, I can't find them on the menus, and I don't know what I want dragon stamps for either. But hey, more content. I won't complain about more content from this absolute masterpiece.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Plenty o' devs' heart then. Never a bad thing.๐Ÿ˜€

This isn't the kind of thing that small indie devs can usually afford. I mean, sure, there are some places where you can tell they swapped out heads and bodies, but there's a startling amount of model variety.

Either way, you can really tell the love that was poured into this thing.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Guess it's finally happening. McCarthy seems already on the way to be ousted as House Speaker.

I haven't kept up with this and I'm a bit confused. Cause like the whole thing was led by Matt Gaetz (๐Ÿคข) but all of the Democrats sided with him to move "should McCarthy be removed" to the debate stage.

I mean it's just creating another civil war in the GOP but damn, this man was hated by everyone that he created bipartisanship.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The wildfires are still happening?๐Ÿ˜ฎ I remember experiencing some of that months ago

The shocker is that it made it all the way down south.

ย 

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I haven't kept up with this and I'm a bit confused. Cause like the whole thing was led by Matt Gaetz (๐Ÿคข) but all of the Democrats sided with him to move "should McCarthy be removed" to the debate stage.

I mean it's just creating another civil war in the GOP but damn, this man was hated by everyone that he created bipartisanship.

To be fair, McCarthy got the speakership in the first place by accepting to grant concessions to the MAGA crowd. So he hadn't endear himself to the Democrats to begin with. Also, they may want to speed up the process.

Vacate-ion is all I've ever I wanted, vacate-ion had to get away!๐ŸŽถ

ย 

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The issue for the Dems was that McCarthy threw them under the bus immediately after they helped on the stopgap funding measure. And he tossed out the compromise made back over the debt limit fight. And he ordered the impeachment inquiry. And...

One commentator compared McCarthy to a car salesman. He'll tell whoever he talking to what they want to hear, anything to sell you the vehicle. -But then he'll change his tune as soon as he starts talking to someone else and tell them what they want to hear. That doesn't work in the top leadership position it seems. The Dems just didn't trust him now.

Plus, good messaging for the next election.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That was not the best nor the worst way to spend my sun rotation day. Although i would put it towards the weaker ones #FuckRain

I getcha, a string of rainy/cloudy & wet days getsย ๐Ÿ˜ . Not to mention a crazy dog and ant infestation issues in my case. And mentally I crave bright daylight rn.

Still, I do consider the occasional downpour after a spell of dryness to be beautiful.

Oh, I thought of pressing S in the menu and I discovered what dragon challenges are.

Nine additional arenas. Harder ones, by the look of the modifier lists. 120 challenges, in all. Jesus Christ. My pal tells me the game was criticized at launch for a lack of post-campaign content. Addressed that in flying colors, hot damn.

This game is so fucking good.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

#FuckRain

Hey, if you don't want it, throw it overhere. It's rained incredibly little this year. If this continues we might have to start stealing water from Portugal.

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

To be fair, McCarthy got the speakership in the first place by accepting to grant concessions to the MAGA crowd. So he hadn't endear himself to the Democrats to begin with. Also, they may want to speed up the process.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The issue for the Dems was that McCarthy threw them under the bus immediately after they helped on the stopgap funding measure. And he tossed out the compromise made back over the debt limit fight. And he ordered the impeachment inquiry. And...

One commentator compared McCarthy to a car salesman. He'll tell whoever he talking to what they want to hear, anything to sell you the vehicle. -But then he'll change his tune as soon as he starts talking to someone else and tell them what they want to hear. That doesn't work in the top leadership position it seems. The Dems just didn't trust him now.

Plus, good messaging for the next election.

I see.

Though now is the question of who replaces him, of which the answer is....no one knows. I doubt Dems actually want Gaetz on the Speaker's seat. Or anyone else they see as worse than McCarthy.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That was not the best nor the worst way to spend my sun rotation day. Although i would put it towards the weaker ones #FuckRain

Send the rain over here please.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, if you don't want it, throw it overhere. It's rained incredibly little this year. If this continues we might have to start stealing water from Portugal.

Just steal Portgual as a whole.

maxresdefault.jpg

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

This is making me hate rain more since you guys only concentrated on that part XD

And then Armagon too.

...For the record, I don't know what a sun rotation day is, so uh... Yeah. I can't speak for how a quality SRD is supposed to go.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

A friend also asked me that question a couple times. I believe it's because they had Britain's protection? I think? Nowadays it'd just be asking to get shunned by the rest of Europe. Fuck it, we don't need all that coast anyway.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A friend also asked me that question a couple times. I believe it's because they had Britain's protection? I think? Nowadays it'd just be asking to get shunned by the rest of Europe. Fuck it, we don't need all that coast anyway.

It's just so funny

spain1789ad.jpg

Weren't Spain and Portugal like bitter rivals for like eons? How did Spain just never swallow them up? It honestly makes more sense if Portgual just had that entire stretch instead of only 90% of it. History is funny.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Well, as the powers bested onto me as the Emperor of the Shrimps, on this very birthday, i shall send you all the rain i am able to

Oh.....sun-rotation day. I didn't catch that you meant your birthday, fuck.

Happy birthday Shrimps!

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Well, as the powers bested onto me as the Emperor of the Shrimps, on this very birthday, i shall send you all the rain i am able to

Dew it.

...Oh fuck, that's what you meant by sun rotation day lol. See, you should say "day of birth" like I do. You get to say it weird, but people still get what you mean.

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hey, dammit!

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's just so funny

spain1789ad.jpg

Weren't Spain and Portugal like bitter rivals for like eons? How did Spain just never swallow them up? It honestly makes more sense if Portgual just had that entire stretch instead of only 90% of it. History is funny.

Shit happens. I mean, why do you have a tiny piece on the opposite end of Canada?

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Happy birthday Shrimps!

ย 

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Anyway, Happy Birthday, Shrimpy!

thanks ๐Ÿ˜„

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I was confused, since sun-rotation is a period of 27 days.

ย 

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

.Oh fuck, that's what you meant by sun rotation day lol. See, you should say "day of birth" like I do. You get to say it weird, but people still get what you mean.

Yeah i worded it weirdly lol.

by my earth rotating around sun day sounds even more weird XD

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah i worded it weirdly lol.

by my earth rotating around sun day sounds even more weird XD

Rotation refers to spin on one's axis. Revolution is for going around something. So Earth Full Revolution day would've worked instead.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, why do you have a tiny piece on the opposite end of Canada?

At least it's on the same continent *cough* France having a country-sized territory in South America for no reason *cough*.

But also uh...."tiny"

Sq0VscIgTqqUyvDP_uUwKOxBDW0F3AEdD1T1a726

This is without Mercator projection.

I'm actually having a hard time visualizing this myself but yeah, Alaska is basically a subcontinent tbh.

I hate winter

47 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They tried to. Didn't work.

42 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Happy birthday!!!!!

Screenshot_2023-10-03-17-23-35-13_0b2fce

Screenshot_2023-10-03-17-23-42-96_0b2fce

Fate is some wild shit.

2 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

I hate winter

Skill issue.

4 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

They tried to. Didn't work.

Should've tried again.

Interesting video, i'll check it out later.

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Spain did, somewhat, for a time. The Spanish Habsburgs were sitting on Portugal's throne from 1580-1640, although the countries were still considered separate. In 1640, a Portuguese pretender declared for the throne while the Spanish were busy fighting the French, the pretender was supported by the English and, once their war with Spain was concluded, the French, and eventually won.

The land north of Portugal used to be its own kingdom (Galicia), which I think was always closely connected to Leon and Castille. I do support its annexation by Portugal for the sake of clean borders, as well as Canadian Alaska, independent Hawaii, and, to heck with it, an independent kingdom of Aragon for a nice tricouleur on the political map of Iberia.